Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, (9034 Views)

Ongoing: ECOWAS Extraordinary Summit On Niger in Abuja / ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Arrive Maiduguri From Niger In Military Aircraft / N-Power Knowledge Multi-track Youth Empowerment Programme Approved By FEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:43pm On May 16, 2023
University on the Niger, the brain child of Diocese on the Niger, the premier Diocese and cradle of Christianity in West Africa was among the first batch of Universities approved by the Federal Executive Council on Monday 15th May, 2023 at Abuja.

University on the Niger is positioned to stand as first among equals in academic and moral excellence, through pursuit of excellence in knowledge and character building blended with high-quality teaching, research, and human development.

It is on record that the Diocese on the Niger has championed and pioneered many Academic feats such as the establishment of the first Basic formal school East of the Niger in 1857, First Secondary School East of the Niger (Dennis Memorial Grammar School ( DMGS - 1925), first Teachers Training College (St Monica's Teacher Training College - 1892), first Mission Hospital Iyi-Enu in 1907 and Nursing School (School of Nursing and Midwifery Iyi-Enu from where the first Midwife in Nigeria - Miss Pepple was trained.
University on the Niger, which will be taking off with four faculties: Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Sciences & Computing, and Faculty of Management & Social Sciences, the Diocese is poised towards the holistic development of our society.

With the Motto "Lux Fiat via Sapientia" meaning Show the Light through Wisdom and Knowledge, the University will surely provide the much needed robust learning and sound morals that will provide the society with astute Professionals.

To God be all the glory for the great things He has done.

https://www.facebook.com/100080478287788/posts/pfbid0Y1dB3XvoeTez3z5K2rKnVAniXJoQGXcs8vA4ZWdS2Npg4jpjqkqkSvb8Cy23Acenl/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:45pm On May 16, 2023
Making it 11th Universitites in Anambra state

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Corridon: 5:45pm On May 16, 2023
More universities that keep churning out graduates yet no job for them after graduation.
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2023
Universities in Anambra state

1, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka
2, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Igbariam
3, Madonna University Okija
4, Legacy University Okija
5, Paul's University Awka
6, Peter's University Achina
7, Tansian university Umunya
8, Penticostal University Ozubulu
9, Nigeria Open University Abagana
10, Shanahan University Onitsha
11, University on the Niger Umunya

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Nandoife: 5:48pm On May 16, 2023
Finally
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2023
University on the Niger is own by Anglican Diocese of the Niger Onitsha

7 Likes

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2023
I love the healthy competitions between Catholic and Anglican mission from health sector to education

14 Likes

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Maazieze(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2023
I think the motto should be in igbo, not latin
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:01pm On May 16, 2023
Maazieze:
I think the motto should be in igbo, not latin
It's own by mission

2 Likes

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:02pm On May 16, 2023
post=123174181:
I love healthy competitions between Catholic and Anglican mission from health sector to education
grin what of Sunni and shite competition for guns

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:03pm On May 16, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
I no dey grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
Those children of perdition....

Dem story long...

1 Like

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by greatiyk4u(m): 6:11pm On May 16, 2023
post=123174365:

I no dey grin grin
Enugu state has

University of Nigeria
Madonna University, akpugo
Carnitas university
Epiphany university
ESUT
maduka UNIVERSITY
State UNIVERSITY of medical and applied sciences
Godfrey's okoye university
National open university
Federal UNIVERSITY of agriculture, iwollo oye.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by slivertongue: 6:13pm On May 16, 2023
Too many universities and it should connect to industry
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Jcoleworld911: 6:18pm On May 16, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Enugu state has

University of Nigeria
Carnitas university
Epiphany university
ESUT
maduka UNIVERSITY
Godfrey's okoye university
National open university

There’s coal city university also

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Solsix(m): 7:10pm On May 16, 2023
post=123174060:

11, University of the Niger Umunya
All the private universities in Anambra apart from legacy university are mission owned, and people are bashing the church. Imagine the job they have created.

7 Likes

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by blabulu2000: 7:13pm On May 16, 2023
post=123174060:

11, University of the Niger Umunya

Mostly private university in Anambra state..i wonder how common man pikin will get educated in Anambra state

1 Like

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Derrickfoster1: 7:14pm On May 16, 2023
blabulu2000:

Mostly private university in Anambra state..i wonder how common man pikin will get educated in Anambra state

I know the side effects of Bola breakfast will kick in

4 Likes

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by blabulu2000: 7:16pm On May 16, 2023
Derrickfoster1:

It.takes one to know one

1 Like

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Derrickfoster1: 7:17pm On May 16, 2023
blabulu2000:

It.takes one to know one

I was not a conackry vagabond

1 Like

Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by blabulu2000: 7:23pm On May 16, 2023
Derrickfoster1:

I was not a conackry vagabond

Your spelling error speaks volumes...
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by kingthreat(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2023
post=123174181:
I love the healthy competitions between Catholic and Anglican mission from health sector to education

Should there be a competition? During Obi's time, he is rumored to have favored mainly the catholic missions.
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by DatNiggaDaz: 7:44pm On May 16, 2023
Derrickfoster1:

grin grin
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Rayzoom: 8:14pm On May 16, 2023
post=123174109:
University of the Niger is own by Anglican Diocese of the Niger Onitsha
It's university ON the Niger, just like diocese ON the Niger
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by Depriest2020: 9:02pm On May 16, 2023
Good Development.

The state government should also encourage the church to go into Agriculture and also handover over ministry of Agriculture to them for better management.
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by clockwisereport: 8:08pm On May 18, 2023
Nice one
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by clockwisereport: 1:35am On May 19, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Enugu state has

University of Nigeria
Carritas university
Epiphany university
ESUT
maduka UNIVERSITY
Godfrey okoye university
National open university

Where are these universities located?

Never heard about them

Again, I thought NOUN is in every state in Nigeria
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by BRIMBRAM: 1:37am On May 19, 2023
Kudus to the Government of President Muhamadu Buhari for this approval.
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by whitejs: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
post=123174060:

11, University on the Niger Umunya

Which is the best private uni here
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by EmeeNaka: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Corridon:
More universities that keep churning out graduates yet no job for them after graduation.
Well, graduates can create jobs. There is nothing wrong with churning out university graduates.
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by ThinkSmarter: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
The Church and their passion for education and health care is topnotch.
Re: University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC, by PrinceOfLagos: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyebanji: Tinubu Spoke To Me Everyday Until Abducted Pupils Were Released / Why Buhari Must Support Benue Anti-Grazing Law - Reps / Governor Dapo Abiodun Inaugurates 4.92Km Roads In Ado-Odo/Ota LG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.