Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,047 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar (4912 Views)

Andy Uba's Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Fashola’s Son, Demola, Called To Bar In Abuja (photos) / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by itiswell1(m): 6:26am On Sep 27, 2011
Bomb Scare Forces Shift Of Call To Bar Venue

The threat of Boko Haram attack has forced the Nigerian Law School to move the venue of this year’s Call to Bar to the International Conference Centre (ICC) in Abuja.

The Call to Bar – an annual induction of new lawyers – is traditionally held at the Law School in Bwari, in the Federal Capital Territory.

This year’s event is slated for October 5.

Head of Information Nigerian Law School, Bwari, Mr Chinedu Ukekwe confirmed the shift of venue from the school to ICC in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) yesterday.

He said the change of venue was initiated by the management of the school to ensure the security of lives.

Ukekwe noted that “there are many porous gardens within the premises of the school and such gardens could deter security.’’

He said the Call to Bar programmes had always been in Bwari “but the issue of insecurity in the country has changed the location.’’

He said the level of insecurity in the country is a thing of major concern to every citizen.

Mohammed Umar, the police chief in Bwari was not available to comment on the issue.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/21041-bomb-scare-forces-shift-of-call-to-bar-venue.html
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by joedan(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2011
What?
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by dpylot: 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJmqxl_eqM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJmqxl_eqM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by 1025: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2011
i listened to jonathan took an oath to protect our lives and properties on may 29th so i expect a gentleman behaviour from him by telling us that he can no longer protect us based on the situation on ground.
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2011
1025:

i listened to jonathan took an oath to protect our lives and properties on may 29th so i expect a gentleman behaviour from him by telling us that he can no longer protect us based on the situation on ground.
Wat a miscalculated operand for political hack! Listen up my friend,if that is d aim of boko haram founders up north, then i suggest they start tinkin of PLAN- B, because Goodluck will nt step down as nigeria's president! My advice is for u to protect urself since GEJ cant seem to protect u. Imagine these blood suckin northern politicos tryin to score cheap political points. Gentleman bhavior my asss.
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by kokoye(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2011
Na wah for naija o.

So I can sit down in my village in useluku and cause trouble in lagos or abuja.

All na one text message e go chop.

how that country go no peace now. . .

smh.
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by kokoye(m): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
All what that lovely woman had to do to disrupt Mercy Johnson's wedding was just to issue a bomb alert @ Christ Embassy on that day!

Nobody for show face !
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2011
dis Guys dey price market wey pass dem o!
bh! bh!! bh!!!
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by reindeer: 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
Obviously Boko Haram now dictates what happens in Nigeria.
The president(if it can be called that) needs to grow a pair for heaven's sake,
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by Toktee(m): 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2011
@boyloaf,why is so difficult for some of you to understand the concept of ond nigeria,who even told you that the guy that made the comment is from the north;u attend primary,secomdary( that is if u attend at all) u have not leave the creeks that is why u will remain in darkness,what is the different btw boko halam and niger delta criminals call militants,grow up man!
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hehehehehe nobody dey joke with boko harem capability and ability to cause havoc
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by LESHONE: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
The evolving nature of security threats facing the entire populace will require close and urgent attention with significant investment in the procurement of security devices.I hope the bomb threat will not postpone  the celebration of Nigeria independence. lipsrsealed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by MMM2(m): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
Boko haram angry
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by chakula: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2011
Young Lawyers behave the way Scaredy-cat . . . . . . shocked . . . . . . . . ?
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by Jimbaz7(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2011
Boyloaf:

Wat a miscalculated operand for political hack! Listen up my friend,if that is d aim of boko haram founders up north, then i suggest they start tinkin of PLAN- B, because Goodluck will nt step down as nigeria's president! My advice is for u to protect urself since GEJ cant seem to protect u. Imagine these blood suckin northern politicos tryin to score cheap political points. Gentleman bhavior my asss.
What a country! It's terrible how some people reason and think.
Anyway, with the current trend of insecurity I won't be surprised if I hear that the Aso Rock is no longer being used by the presidency.
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by homerac7: 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
d fear of boko haram is d begining of wisdom grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by Otunbakay(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2011
what a proactive step! Thank u d authorities concern 4 saving ur lives and dat of d next generation of lawyers. I NOR FIT SHOUT
Re: Bomb Threat Forces Change Of Venue For Call To Bar by Airtimex(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
this country is getting more and more interesting grin

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be President, By Ekwueme / 2015: Why Buhari May Defeat Jonathan- Analysis / LATEST NEWS ; Vote Recount In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.