Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling (13267 Views)

Strictly For My Darling Kashybaby. / My Friend Calls Me A Husband Snatcher / When A Friend Calls All Of A Sudden And Starts A Conversation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Abuleoshi: 9:37am On Sep 27, 2011
Hello people,
me and my girlfriend are in different states in Nigeria, i recentltly called her and she said "darling thought you were coming". i never told her i was coming to see her, so it was obvious she thought it was someone else. after like 20 seconds silence from both of us, she cut the call and she has not called and i have not called her also. i tink she is cheating, do u agree?
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by r231(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2011
hahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2011
Abule oshi?

Na wa, are you cursing your own town? undecided
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Goldieluks: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2011
Lmao@Police catch thief! grin grin
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2011
Lawd! Sexkillz is sth else.

Op, I think she's cheating too, u need someone on your side. Op that makes you feel better now? Cheers!
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Abuleoshi: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2011
Op, I think she's cheating too, u need someone on your side. Op that makes you feel better now? Cheers!
@ bhusayor thought the exact thing and felt its time to move on cos we were previously having issues on trust and the distance was not makin things easy.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Goldieluks: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2011
Lmao@OP. grin grin
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by deniyor: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2011
While the initial inclination may be towards the fact that she is cheating, it could also be a simple misunderstanding.

Maybe, the lady assumed the OP was going to show up ( sometimes we jump to conclusions wrongly). If she was expecting him, and he called rather than showing up, then she could made the statement.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by claremont(m): 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
People use the term "darling" loosely these days when speaking to work mates, colleagues, close friends e.t.c.; I wouldn't want to conclude that the lady in question is cheating. Me and my fellow female work mates toss around the term on a regular basis, it's perfectly normal; we don't even view it as mild flirting. I think it has to do with the nature of the environment where you live/work/play; in my environment, the use of that term is not restricted to only those in a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Abuleoshi: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2011
@  deniyor we are in different states and things have not bin so rosy for me to just show up without informin her. more so for a while when i call her, we have little to talk about and she is cold. But when i called dat day, she was so excited and made d implicating statement. It was obvious she was expectin some1 else.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Nayah(f): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2011
Dear poster, the best thing is to ask her straightly
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
smh! Sexkills u r very immature n hav lots of growin up to do! How come i dnt get to see u in other sections in nairaland like politics, education, careers etc? Obviously, u lack input to such sections. Small boi!
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Scash(f): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
Sexkillz, seriously??
Wats happenin?
U avin a bad day?

I think i go with Claremont, people throw flirtatious names around anyhow. She may no longa b interested in u wt d way she acts, but dt doesnt mean she is cheatin.
Free urself from unnecessary burden n ask her
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Scash(f): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
undecided
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by tashanja(m): 6:38am On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^I am glad to see that you are beginning to see what other ppl have already been seeing about your responses and more importantly that you are also humble enough to accept good advice such as the one just served - this last act alone would no doubt redeem you before many eyes - and a welcomed development.

@ Poster:
I think I am with you on this one, though many have given sound logical reasons as to how easy it is to misjudge the situation; but I think first instincts hardly fail us, more especially given the circumstances: its a long distant relationship already on shaky ground, the change in attitude/coldness, the pause on the phone (not very good signs at all) - and na 9ja chick operating in 9ja.
I agree you need to find out by talking to her, just to have closure since you have already taken your decision - whether right or wrong (chances are you would not have any regrets, just move on).
Good luck cool
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by MrsChima1(f): 6:56am On Sep 28, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with a girl or boy calling anyone darling. If there is a motive behind the word darling then that would be different but if it is innocent I wouldn't major minors.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by iice(f): 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2011
Is she the type to use words like that? If yes, it could mean anything or nothing.
If she doesn't use words like that. . .well she's prolly seeing someone else. But in the end you have to talk to her.

Me i don't use endearments and i ignore endearments from people.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by kpolli(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2011
ur still asking shocked
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by born2boink(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I don't see anything wrong with a girl or boy calling anyone darling. If there is a motive behind the word darling then that would be different but if it is innocent I wouldn't major minors.
see monkey dey carry monkey pass tree, women are bird of the same feathers,even if dick was found in a lady pussy, all other women will defend her and claimed it was corn, Na eve cause am from the beginning
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by tellwisdom: 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2011
chaii!! Men don suffer cry cry cry
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by tellwisdom: 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2011
see monkey dey carry monkey pass tree, women are bird of the same feathers,even if Joystick was found in a lady Kitty, all other women will defend her and claimed it was corn, Na eve cause am from the beginning

shocked shocked shocked U say na wetin?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by xanadu101(m): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2011
if to say na me, i'll beat the hell out of her & send her parkn ASAP.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
Nawao, nothing will no go hear grin
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by kemisuga(f): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
So funny post. grin grin
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
No, she's not cheating. It just depends on your point of view.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Freiburger(m): 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I don't see anything wrong with a girl or boy calling anyone darling.  If there is a motive behind the word darling then that would be different but if it is innocent I wouldn't major minors.  

There is a need for an underderstanding of the complete story. the issue here is now the word darling she used, but her thinking he will be coming soon when she knew he wasn't coming any sooner.
read again
Abule oshi:

Hello people,
me and my girlfriend are in different states in Nigeria, i recentltly called her and she said [b]"darling thought you were coming". i never told her i was coming to see her, so it was obvious she thought it was someone else. [/b]after like 20 seconds silence from both of us, she cut the call and she has not called and i have not called her also. i tink she is cheating, do u agree?
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by kemisuga(f): 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2011
xanadu101:

if to say na me, i'll beat the hell out of her & send her parkn ASAP.

U funny oooh, did the poster said, dey are already living togeda

I use words like baby, dear, swithat, darling to receive friends call, so wats d big deal?
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by armyofone(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
what plannet are you from? she might have been talking to her girlfriend. relax pal, dar'ling, girl, gal, hon, sweetie etc can also be use for your gal pal.

Ileke darling, how are you?
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by r231(m): 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
Ok lets play devils advocate here

understand pple call pple darling everytime (at least I do to the extent that my wife dont want me to call her darling cus dat wat i call everybody grin)

how about the I TOT YOU ARE COMING, Silent on the phone and havnt rtnd any calls part of the story undecided undecided
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by mustspin: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
As much as i wanna think she is not cheating, why did she had to cut the call and why hasnt she called back?
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by Finecat(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
@Sexkills

It's obvious you are a Juvenile, Your mama's brea st milk oozes out through your Computer everytime you write or open your mouth up to say something.

Back to the topic, OP take it as it is you are dating a Naija girl, she will always cheat (Or make runs as they call it). Move on with your life, get another one and hope she's one of the 0.5% Naija girl that will not cheat on you.
Re: Girl Friend Calls Wrong Person Darling by samtoye(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
OP< Get a Life !!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nollywood Set To Release First Hardcore P*rnographic Movie...see 'deadly' Screen / Harder! Harder!! Right There!!! Look Where It Has Sent Someone / Waist Beads (ileke Idi):

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.