Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] (228834 Views)

Oven Bake Your Cars And Make Them Look Brand New / Rejuvenation Of Headlights!!!!!! Aka Make Your Headlights Look Brand New! :d / Respray/repaint Ur Car Making Use Of Oven Baking Technology. Pix Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2012
You can visit our Facebook page and like us via this link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pristine-Automobile-Body-Shop/214199978695877 smiley
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2012
@All
Please feel free to ask me car care tips to keep your car looking very sharp.

People keep asking me how long does a paint Job last? Well it varies due to environmental and maintenance factors but a good paint Job should be able to last for at least four years. How ever due to our harsh climate not to talk of regular Okada angry scratches it might not last so long.

To keep your car looking sharp for as long as possible, it is advisable you are very mindful of the type of soap used in washing the car. As a rule avoid using detergents or highly concentrated liquid soaps like morning fresh. There are very good car was liquids in the market like Abro gold and our own Lanre badmus car wash liquid. These car wash liquids are specially formulated to preserve the colour/ shine of your car whilst keeping it spanking clean. In the absence of these car wash liquids, it is better to use ordinary water than strong soaps or detergents.

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 7:46am On May 08, 2012
We also re spray and P.imp up Bikes smiley

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by Trac: 2:07pm On May 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

How long a paint Job lasts is dependent on how you take care of your car(type of car wash liquid you use) and what the car is exposed to to. However barring any external problems a good paint job should retain it's gloss for at least three years.

Oven baking is a process where by the vehicle is first of all sprayed in a modern spray booth that has a vacuum to ensure that excess paint is extracted when the vehicle is being sprayed there by ensuring a smoother finish. There after it is baked to ensure the paint drys very well under a controlled atmosphere. Oven baked car paint jobs last longer than regular since it's harder to scratch and it also as a better gloss.

Thanks you for the explanation. From what I understood, it is simply paint and cure, right?

Personally, I have a deep problem with painting cars. Does this method work? How is this better than the traditional method?
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by Trac: 2:23pm On May 08, 2012
Pastor Kun: @All
Please feel free to ask me car care tips to keep your car looking very sharp.

People keep asking me how long does a paint Job last? Well it varies due to environmental and maintenance factors but a good paint Job should be able to last for at least four years. How ever due to our harsh climate not to talk of regular Okada angry scratches it might not last so long.

To keep your car looking sharp for as long as possible, it is advisable you are very mindful of the type of soap used in washing the car. As a rule avoid using detergents or highly concentrated liquid soaps like morning fresh. There are very good car was liquids in the market like Abro gold and our own Lanre badmus car wash liquid. These car wash liquids are specially formulated to preserve the colour/ shine of your car whilst keeping it spanking clean. In the absence of these car wash liquids, it is better to use ordinary water than strong soaps or detergents.

You are wrong on "that" standard. A good paint job should last 15 years not 4 years.

It is true using mild shampoos preserve the quality of detail. I can't really speak for painted cars, due to the fact that I don't completely aware in details what actually goes on and the logic of some of the processes. I can comment exteriors rolled from the production factory. The colour we see is oil and not paint.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 2:28pm On May 08, 2012
Trac:

You are wrong on "that" standard. A good paint job should last 15 years not 4 years.

It is true using mild shampoos preserve the quality of detail. I can't really speak for painted cars, due to the fact that I don't completely aware in details what actually goes on and the logic of some of the processes. I can comment exteriors rolled from the production factory. The colour we see is oil and not paint.

If your paint job lasts for fifteen years it would mean that the vehicle was just parked in a garage for that period and is not exposed to the elements talkless of Lagos Okada riders grin. As i said earlier conditions affect how a long a paint job would last.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by Trac: 3:20pm On May 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

If your paint job lasts for fifteen years it would mean that the vehicle was just parked in a garage for that period and is not exposed to the elements talkless of Lagos Okada riders grin. As i said earlier conditions affect how a long a paint job would last.

Don't take this offensively. I am not dragging you through the "mud" either.

I will criticise you a bit but constructively. Examine what I state. It will add to your wealth of understanding.

You might be using non-tropicalised paint. Read my explanation:

Firstly, I have a passion for well-built cars (build quality) not the "rubbish" that rolls of the production plants today or yester-year(s). The 15 years mark is the minimum, conservative and that includes neglect in the standard. I was quoted $15,000 for the job and this was before the economy went south. In my situation, the clear-coat was beginning to bubble at a particular area (no more than an half-an-inch at two different spots). The vehicle is stone-black and the affected area was whitish. I was educated that the paint would last at least 15 years and he guaranteed it. The paint and the processes were the key-thing here.

When a car is rolled-off the manufacturing plant, it sits in the sun for months (and in some cases, a year or two). If anything goes wrong with the "paint-work" in five years, the company can be rest assured that they wouldn't be selling the next model as strong as the prior.

Cars are manufactured in two standards: tropicalised and non-tropicalised. The materials used, the principles and philosophies are not parallel but suited to match climatic factors ( and other regional considerations). Vehicles manufactured for tropicalised regions are usually beefed up (reinforced) in certain aspects and they are setup for comfort and economy instead of performance. The glues, seals, rubbers etc are very different. The paint-job (formulation) is also different.

The paint used for non-tropical should not be used in tropical regions. It will not last for it is not suited for the climatic conditions.

This also explains why tropical cars are not equipped as non-tropical cars for the same price. Bigger cooling, reinforced suspension components, materials to withstand various grades of fuel and so on runs the price up.

One thing that I know you would do to spoil the paint on any vehicle is to use sodium laureth sulfate (dishwashing soap and also what women put on their skin). It takes one or two washes and a week in the sun for the reaction to complete. This is not to excuse those that unintentionally dent the panel or dig into the paint.

I will like your input to this. I am not into automotive painting. In conclusion, the paint might be your bottle-neck for the short lifespan. If there are limitations to your process (baking) that gives it the 4-year average window, I will appreciate it.

3 Likes

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by vinmol: 3:57pm On May 08, 2012
hi,
i want to know how much it will cost me to spray a golf 3...it black, no body dent.
just got it from Tincan, i just want to re-spray to make some- to make it look nicer

so wats d cost and your addy too
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 4:38pm On May 08, 2012
Trac:

Don't take this offensively. I am not dragging you through the "mud" either.

I will criticise you a bit but constructively. Examine what I state. It will add to your wealth of understanding.

You might be using non-tropicalised paint. Read my explanation:

Firstly, I have a passion for well-built cars (build quality) not the "rubbish" that rolls of the production plants today or yester-year(s). The 15 years mark is the minimum, conservative and that includes neglect in the standard. I was quoted $15,000 for the job and this was before the economy went south. In my situation, the clear-coat was beginning to bubble at a particular area (no more than an half-an-inch at two different spots). The vehicle is stone-black and the affected area was whitish. I was educated that the paint would last at least 15 years and he guaranteed it. The paint and the processes were the key-thing here.

When a car is rolled-off the manufacturing plant, it sits in the sun for months (and in some cases, a year or two). If anything goes wrong with the "paint-work" in five years, the company can be rest assured that they wouldn't be selling the next model as strong as the prior.

Cars are manufactured in two standards: tropicalised and non-tropicalised. The materials used, the principles and philosophies are not parallel but suited to match climatic factors ( and other regional considerations). Vehicles manufactured for tropicalised regions are usually beefed up (reinforced) in certain aspects and they are setup for comfort and economy instead of performance. The glues, seals, rubbers etc are very different. The paint-job (formulation) is also different.

The paint used for non-tropical should not be used in tropical regions. It will not last for it is not suited for the climatic conditions.

This also explains why tropical cars are not equipped as non-tropical cars for the same price. Bigger cooling, reinforced suspension components, materials to withstand various grades of fuel and so on runs the price up.

One thing that I know you would do to spoil the paint on any vehicle is to use sodium laureth sulfate (dishwashing soap and also what women put on their skin). It takes one or two washes and a week in the sun for the reaction to complete. This is not to excuse those that unintentionally dent the panel or dig into the paint.

I will like your input to this. I am not into automotive painting. In conclusion, the paint might be your bottle-neck for the short lifespan. If there are limitations to your process (baking) that gives it the 4-year average window, I will appreciate it.

At Trac thanx very much for your imput and i do appreciate it. However when i said a good paint Job should be able to last four years i was thinking of the Nigerian situation. As in that is the average time it lasts in Nigeria. In one of my previous posts i was trying to give hints as to how to maintain your paint Job to make it last longer and i did talk of the kind of car wash liquids you should use in washing the automobile. You see in Lagos for instance most Car wash centres i have observed used detergents to wash cars and this is very bad for the paint Job. Also because of poor driving culture and reckless commercial drivers and okadas, cars get scratched a lot. Generally speaking under driving conditions in Lagos, you might need to re spray your car at least once in four years to keep it looking sharp.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2012
vinmol: hi,
i want to know how much it will cost me to spray a golf 3...it black, no body dent.
just got it from Tincan, i just want to re-spray to make some- to make it look nicer

so wats d cost and your addy too

Thanx for the interest shown in our services. It would cost about 80k to respray your golf 3. You can reach me on 08027338500 so i can give you descriptions to our place. Regards.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by Trac: 6:40pm On May 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

At Trac thanx very much for your imput and i do appreciate it. However when i said a good paint Job should be able to last four years i was thinking of the Nigerian situation. As in that is the average time it lasts in Nigeria. In one of my previous posts i was trying to give hints as to how to maintain your paint Job to make it last longer and i did talk of the kind of car wash liquids you should use in washing the automobile. You see i Lagos for instance most Car wash centres i have observed used detergents to wash cars and this is very bad for the paint Job. Also because of poor driving culture and reckless commercial drivers and okadas, cars get scratched a lot. Generally speaking under driving conditions in Lagos, you might need to re spray your car at least once in four years to keep it looking sharp.

I've gotten where your point of view came from.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2012
Re spray and Oven bake your car to look brand new today, visit www.pristineautosng.com or call 08027338500 for more info.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 10:08am On May 10, 2012
Three/ two tone colours can add an exciting variant to the look of your car.

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 4:13pm On May 10, 2012
The way we drive can go a long way in keeping our vehicles in pristine condition. This is due to the fact that the primary problem in keeping our vehicles looking pristine is due to scratches and dents which occur whilst we drive. This problem is particularly common in Lagos were everyone is in a hurry and we have loads of reckless commercial drivers and okadas who don't mind scratching your vehicle as long as they can get away with it during a traffic situation. It is advisable you practise what i would call anticipatory driving. That is anticipating the other driver with a view to avoiding conflict. One must always be patient and willing to allow the other driver to go first. Always trafficate, use your rear view mirrors and be alert when you drive. to avoid Okada scratching your vehicle in a traffic situation, always make sure you leave enough room for them to pass your vehicle. If the space availabe is too small than use you vehicle to block it off commpletely so that the okada rider would not be tempted to squeeze through and scratch your vehicle in the process.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 1:37pm On May 11, 2012
It takes more than just the best equipment, high quality materials and highly skilled artisans to achieve that factory grade of finish you so desire for your car. It's a combination of all that plus attention to the minutest detail. At Pristine Automobile Body shop we are set to meet and exceed your expectations as we pursue a painstakingly perfect finish that is sure to put a smile on your face.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:55am On May 12, 2012
You can give your car that extra gleamer with our special range of pearl paintsYou can give your car that extra gleamer with our special range of pearl paintsYou can give your car that extra gleamer with our special range of pearl paints

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2012
For premium quality oven baked vehicle respraying at it's best, call 08027338500 smiley
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2012
If your vehicle has been damaged and needs body repair or refinishing, Pristine Automobile Body Shop has the expertise to return it to like-new condition. Our certified body/paint technicians, quality parts and paint, and guaranteed customer satisfaction has made our shop one of the preferred choices for autobody repair in Lagos. Contact us for more information about our products and services
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2012
Do you want your ride to stand out in the pack? Get a customised paint Job.

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 4:59pm On May 18, 2012
Another pristinely finished job.

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by Goshen360(m): 9:07pm On May 20, 2012
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Ps. 1:3 kjv

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2012
Goshen360: And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Ps. 1:3 kjv

Thanx my brother, very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2012
Care and Maintenance Tips Keep Your Car Running in Top-Notch Condition
We’ve compiled our best expert advice, surprising tricks, and car care tips to prolong the life of your automobile!

1. Be patient during the break-in period

You’ve bought your dream car and now you want to make it last at long as possible in top condition. Here are some things to remember as you pull it out of the dealer’s lot:

•During the break-in period, typically the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km), keep your speed under 55 mph (88 kpm) or to the speed recommended by your car’s manufacturer.
•Avoid heavy loads on the drive train, such as towing trailers, and loading the roof rack or trunk with heavy construction materials.
•Do not allow your new car to idle for long periods — this is good advice for the life of your car, but especially during breakin. The oil pressure generated by doing so may not be sending oil to every part of your engine.
•Use only light to medium acceleration, keeping the engine rpms below 3,000 for the first few hours of driving.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by nissparts(m): 9:44pm On May 22, 2012
I really think you should get a proper camera to take the pics of your finished jobs i.e if your intention of posting them is to show your shop's proficiency.

4 Likes

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by cooldudeng(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2012
I couldn't agree more with miss parts
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2012
nissparts: I really think you should get a proper camera to take the pics of your finished jobs i.e if your intention of posting them is to show your shop's proficiency.

The problem is the size limit of pictures you can post on NL (200kb) even with my camera phone I still have to reduce the size to post. Using a professional camera would produce pictures of sizes too large to upload here.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by nissparts(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2012
Compare your pics with the pics you got off the internet of the same acceptable size and then compare your pics again with those of car sellers on this same site........................up to you sha.

2 Likes

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 5:17pm On May 23, 2012
nissparts: Compare your pics with the pics you got off the internet of the same acceptable size and then compare your pics again with those of car sellers on this same site........................up to you sha.

Thanx for the advise bro, would work on it. smiley
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by nissparts(m): 7:03pm On May 23, 2012
*thumbs up*

1 Like

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2012
Car care tips

Drive with care everyday
Being car considerate shouldn’t stop after the break-in. Drive with care every day and your car will reward you with longer intervals without repair.

•Do not race your car’s engine during start-up.This is a quick way to add years of wear to your engine, especially if it’s cold outside.
•Accelerate slowly when you begin your drive.The most wear to the engine and drive train occurs in the first ten to twenty minutes of operation.
•Warming the engine by letting it idle in the driveway is not a smart idea.The engine doesn’t operate at its peak temperature, resulting in incomplete fuel combustion, soot deposits on cylinder walls, oil contamination, and ultimately damaged components.
•Put less strain on your engine and automatic transmission by shifting to neutral at red lights. Otherwise, the engine is still working to push the car even while it’s stopped.
•Avoid driving at high speeds and accelerating quickly, especially when it’s very hot or very cold outside. Such driving behavior will result in more frequent repairs.
•Extend the life of your tires with careful driving. Observe posted speed limits. Avoid fast starts, stops, and turns. Avoid potholes and objects on the road. Don’t run over curbs or hit the tire against the curb when parking. And, of course, don’t burn rubber.
•When turning your steering wheel, don’t hold it in an extreme right or left position for more than a few seconds. Doing so can damage the power-steering pump.
•Consolidate your short driving trips. Most of the wear and tear — as well as the pollution your car generates — takes place in the first few minutes of driving. Doing several errands at once, during low traffic hours if possible, will keep your engine happier longer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply)

Cars Under $1000! / I Bought A Car With Auctionexport! / The Difference Between Toyota Camry Se, Ce, Le And Xle Editions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.