Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (514178 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (576) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DadR: 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2023
Thanks, my Oga.

I've submitted our applications this afternoon. I couldn't afford to wait any longer because extra £2600 is not a small margin.

Make eye no see evil, na all the body be the medicine. 😂

Goke7:

Am hearing it has been implemented, chai this is bad mhen, no update whatsoever, just a press conference and direct implementation
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Wasn’t it revealed in 2020 that one of these "Nigerian Prince” was a Caucasian man based in the US? Begs the question of how many of these scammers are actually pretending to be Nigerians.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna833801

I’ve never actually seen you share anything good about Nigerians as you must find a way to interweave a negative to buttress your point. Nairaland is a very public forum and when people google things about a country, this is part of what they see.
That entity hates Nigeria and Nigerians with passion. If they had the opportunity, no Nigerian would be in the YouKay.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
DadR:
Thanks, my Oga.

I've submitted our applications this afternoon. I couldn't afford to wait any longer because extra £2600 is not a small margin.

hmmm, smart man!

Mo ki e ku oriire💯👏

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2023
DadR:
Thanks, my Oga.

grin it’s better o, well done

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Opiso101: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
Good evening everyone,

Please i need direction on how to get to *Whitley Bay*.
Anyone here staying in Newcastle?
I cant find the name of the train station in Whitley bay on trainline,

Someone should please help me.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
babajeje123:

That entity hates Nigeria and Nigerians with passion. If they had the opportunity, no Nigerian would be in the YouKay.

No, actually I still prefer Zahra on this forum. He has a good heart I think and I like his perspective as he makes us see the other side of the argument which I think is good for any discourse.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2023
Peerielass:

You never know with these things maybe it’s you, Goke and Jedisco’s campaign that would kick start an immigration revolution in this country. But jokes aside, these arguments are derailing the thread and for someone looking for information, it must be really difficult sifting through all the chaff to find the tiny speck of gold.

It’s the prerogative of the government to implement and change their policies as they wish and find favourable. We on the other hand must continue to adapt and also realise that it’s only a temporary inconvenience.

Let’s be calming down on this thread, wetin, no one derail this thread if not Justwise will be calling people out. I think some of us are just too strong on our opinions and just find opposing views distasteful which makes us think the thread is being derailed. Today alone apart from the arguments here, I have responded to questions here on other matters as I always do. And like someone earlier said even the arguments here are still part of life in the uk. And for me all opposing views to mine I welcome and even learn what I can and I respect those views too as I see from their perspective. Healthy conversation and banters are where we can get more info here. Except you want people to keep quiet and the thread will look dry. I don’t know for you guys but even in my office if you see how people discuss uk politics and policies, what we do here is a child’s play. People got to talk about issues that affects them directly.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by midasfx(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
On a “positive” note, I did my international passport biometric on the 5th of May and got it on Thursday last week (less than 3 months). Although, the status on the tracking portal is still showing “Production”.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
lavida001:

Competition is very stiff. It’s hard to get an interview this days

Was actually reading a news from telegraph this afternoon, where Reed managing director said there has been a plunge of 24percent of job posting on Reed.

What I normally do is by making sure I included a cover letter with my application, only focused on indeed, civil service and nhs (both England and Scotland).

I actually prefer applying for civil service and nhs cos real people get to read your application not like those cv filters that some private companies use.

If I apply to like 40-60privates, would get like 5-8 employers interested in, then only 2-3 will eventually grant interview cos other would not continue after asking for visa status (psw).

But with nhs or civil service , 10 solid applications could grant 3-5 interviews, tho, the application takes time, say like 30-1hr, but really worth it.

Another thing, always try to apply to most recent posted jobs, I normally filter out 7 days upwards on sites like indeed. (Not cs or nhs ).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2023
Schoolhike:

Was actually reading a news from telegraph this afternoon, where Reed managing director said there has been a plunge of 24percent of job posting on Reed

I think things will get better after summer, this period is usually quiet as so many people are on holidays

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hi.

Where are you coming from exactly and by what mode of transportation?

Just so you know, you can connect Whitley Bay by bus or rail, most especially from Monument. The yellow line also loops around Whitley Bay from North & South.

Welcome to Geordie Town.
Opiso101:
Good evening everyone,

Please i need direction on how to get to *Whitley Bay*.
Anyone here staying in Newcastle?
I cant find the name of the train station in Whitley bay on trainline,

Someone should please help me.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
Goke7:

I think things will get better after summer, this period is usually quiet as so many people are on holidays

That’s true, someone said this to me also recently.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello Gurus,

Please my wife is due to give birth in the UK in a couple of weeks. As required, we need to get the baby's brp within the first 3 months of birth for IHS to continue to cover all hospital and treatment costs.
However, reading how long it takes to get the NIN and Passport for the newborn in the london embassy before applying for the visa isn't encouraging.

Please who is able to advise on how to go about with this?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
DadR:
Thanks, my Oga.

They are waiting for you, when renewal is up ........😂😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DadR: 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Haha, the policy at that time will favour me and my family. 😂

I greet you Oga Lexus 🙌

Lexusgs430:

They are waiting for you, when renewal is up ........😂😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
080bjaked:
Hello Gurus,

Please my wife is due to give birth in the UK in a couple of weeks. As required, we need to get the baby's brp within the first 3 months of birth for IHS to continue to cover all hospital and treatment costs.
However, reading how long it takes to get the NIN and Passport for the newborn in the london embassy before applying for the visa isn't encouraging.

Are you planning to travel out of Uk with the baby?

Cos the issue of registering doesn’t matter till you plan to travel out with the baby.
Many people I know that have birth here never does that and one was even scared when they wanted to apply for another visa and she had to contact citizen advice and was told not to bother, can’t remember the exact word shaa.

Baby born here wouldn’t need that I think.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
Schoolhike:

Are you planning to travel out of Uk with the baby?

Cos the issue of registering doesn’t matter till you plan to travel out with the baby.
Many people I know that have birth here never does that and one was even scared when they wanted to apply for another visa and she had to contact citizen advice and was told not to bother, can’t remember the exact word shaa.

Baby born here wouldn’t need that I think.

Thanks for the response but how do we ge brp for the baby without passport please?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
Eweeeee!
Credit score wey I Dey manage before 😂. And I don carry my coconut head go my Monzo acct go check. Dem don tell me say I no qualify 🤣. I hope I won’t wait years before getting any credit cards at this rate 😂

Lexusgs430:

Monzo flex is now like a credit card......... Monzo now offers you a physical card, with your Monzo flex account.........

But Monzo conducts a hard search....... They would knock your credit report so hard, your village people go hear the knock........ 🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ifakiland(m): 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
Abeg who get contact for passport office london
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:03am On Jul 16, 2023
babajeje123:

Lol...

Entity...better than being called a nonentity I suppose 😂

I don't hate Nigeria(ns), the same way I'm sure you and kwakud etc don't hate the UK and Brits, even though you're constantly criticising it/them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 12:06am On Jul 16, 2023
Hello to the oldies in the house.

I will like to know how my dependent (tier 4) can dive into the UK work system with his Bsc Microbiology degree and what opportunity in this field is available? Any certification to take to go into the field here in the UK?

Although he's ready to do any job like care work and the likes. Back then when he was based in Dubai he was working for a company that deals in DOORS SPRAYING he was very hardworking so they made him a supervisor...he's hoping to see this same kind of job here in UK too🤗 our location is East Sussex just in case anyone knows somewhere around he can get this particular job.

As an igbo man he enjoys doing business and making good investments. He's sociable and outgoing. He enjoys talking/coaching people on a subject/topic that picks his interest and of which he understands very well.

I need tips and advices oldies in the house save a sister and her dependent.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2023
Goke7:

No, actually I still prefer Zahra on this forum. He has a good heart I think and I like his perspective as he makes us see the other side of the argument which I think is good for any discourse.

Aww thanks 😄...and you're right, hopefully the debates have shown both sides and are ultimately enlightening. I've learned a couple of things myself.

I'm a she though 😊
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2023
Focus99:

I will like to know how my dependent (tier 4) can dive into the UK work system with his Bsc Microbiology degree and what opportunity in this field is available? Any certification to take to go into the field here in the UK?

Although he's ready to do any job like care work and the likes. Back then when he was based in Dubai he was working for a company that deals in DOORS SPRAYING he was very hardworking so they made him a supervisor...he's hoping to see this same kind of job here in UK too🤗 our location is East Sussex just in case anyone knows somewhere around he can get this particular job.

As an igbo man he enjoys doing business and making good investments. He's sociable and outgoing. He enjoys talking/coaching people on a subject/topic that picks his interest and of which he understands very well.

Thank you

Door spraying....do you mean like spray painting?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 12:21am On Jul 16, 2023
Yes

Thank you

Zahra29:

Door spraying....do you mean like spray painting?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:40am On Jul 16, 2023
Focus99:
Yes

Thank you

Ah, that's actually a very popular trade at the moment as people look to save on costs by revamping, instead of replacing, their kitchen units, doors and windows.

I'd probably suggest that he search for companies in your area e.g.

https://spraygenielimited.business.site/

He could do a few jobs for them, take pictures of his work and then if he wants he could start working for himself by registering on sites like mybuilder.com, Rated people, checkatrade (using those photos as his portfolio) - or he could do it on the side.

I'm sure he'll do very well since he's experienced and personable -good tradespeople are in high demand 👍

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 12:44am On Jul 16, 2023
080bjaked:
Hello Gurus,

Take your time. When the baby gets the first Immunization, Get NIN, then passport, then apply for Visa.

Your baby doesn't need BRP urgently unless you need to travel. The baby will get medical treatment too for a while under the NHS without a Visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:53am On Jul 16, 2023
harddrive2012:
Eweeeee!
Credit score wey I Dey manage before 😂. And I don carry my coconut head go my Monzo acct go check. Dem don tell me say I no qualify 🤣. I hope I won’t wait years before getting any credit cards at this rate 😂

Hard knock life.......... 😜🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:57am On Jul 16, 2023
Focus99:

Thank you

Send a DM to SK on twitter.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CandyDiva: 3:21am On Jul 16, 2023
Hello all, I’m in desperate need for advice. Kindly don’t ignore me if you have the proper information 🙏

I had invited my younger sister to visit me in the UK, and she just got denied. She’s 19 years of age and in her 3rd year in the university. She just finished her first MBBS exams and her Dean of faculty had equally written on a letter head introducing and acknowledging her studentship.

I want to re-apply for her immediately, and I will show below the letter of refusal.
However, documents submitted from both ends included;

From me (invitee/Sponsor);
1. 3 months bank statements
2. 3 months work payslips
3. Utility bill
4. Offer letter from work
5. Data page of passport
6. BRP ( Residence Permit)
7. Invitation letter stating she’s coming to see her newborn nephew and also visit some interesting sites

From my sister’s end;
1. Dean of faculty letter of introduction
2. 1 month zenith bank statement of account showing above 500k
3. Student ID card
4. Letter of admission
5. A picture of us together

Note 1: Application declared that she has two other siblings here in the UK, and all on work visas
Note 2: She is in a private Uni

Attached is the ECO’s reasons for refusal, kindly advice 🙏

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:36am On Jul 16, 2023
CandyDiva:
Hello all, I’m in desperate need for advice. Kindly don’t ignore me if you have the proper information 🙏

I had invited my younger sister to visit me in the UK, and she just got denied. She’s 19 years of age and in her 3rd year in the university. She just finished her first MBBS exams and her Dean of faculty had equally written on a letter head introducing and acknowledging her studentship.

I want to re-apply for her immediately, and I will show below the letter of refusal.
However, documents submitted from both ends included;

From me (invitee/Sponsor);
1. 3 months bank statements
2. 3 months work payslips
3. Utility bill
4. Offer letter from work
5. Data page of passport
6. BRP ( Residence Permit)
7. Invitation letter stating she’s coming to see her newborn nephew and also visit some interesting sites

From my sister’s end;
1. Dean of faculty letter of introduction
2. 1 month zenith bank statement of account showing above 500k
3. Student ID card
4. Letter of admission
5. A picture of us together

Note 1: Application declared that she has two other siblings here in the UK, and all on work visas
Note 2: She is in a private Uni

Attached is the ECO’s reasons for refusal, kindly advice 🙏

2 reasons she was refused.......

- Unemployed
- Account pump

What has changed..........

What's is the financial trail, of the ₦500,000 + in her account??...........

What is so important about this visit........

Within a few years, she would have the ability to legitimately migrate on her on back/qualifications...........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CandyDiva: 4:18am On Jul 16, 2023
Lexusgs430:

2 reasons she was refused.......

- Unemployed
- Account pump

What has changed..........

What's is the financial trail, of the ₦500,000 + in her account??...........

What is so important about this visit........

Within a few years, she would have the ability to legitimately migrate on her on back/qualifications...........

Thank you so much for your response,

We suspected the account pump, I had sent the money into her account over a month prior, thinking it would be okay to show some money in her account ( I guess I was wrong), after-all, she is a student and mustn’t declare any account statement and I also mentioned I’d bear her cost of traveling anyway.

What has changed is that, we won’t bother using any account statement from her, mine would suffice.

And I just want her to come and relax, chill and shop for all the stress exams has bestowed on her.

Once again, thanks for responding
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:21am On Jul 16, 2023
CandyDiva:

Thank you so much for your response,

We suspected the account pump, I had sent the money into her account over a month prior, thinking it would be okay to show some money in her account ( I guess I was wrong), after-all, she is a student and mustn’t declare any account statement and I also mentioned I’d bear her cost of traveling anyway.

What has changed is that, we won’t bother using any account statement from her, mine would suffice.

And I just want her to come and relax, chill and shop for all the stress exams has bestowed on her.

Once again, thanks for responding

The unwritten issue you have is .......... She is an adult (so your financials would not help her)........

She needs to show some of form of financial independence + Nigerian ties ..........

If sponsoring a retired person...... Your financials would suffice (you get the twist)......

If you had applied a year or two ago...... You could financially be her umbrella ☔.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (576) (Reply)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: Zahra29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.