Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464267 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kode12: 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2023
Summertime:
Hi everyone, I need advice travelling to a schengen country. I'm rounding up my studies in October and looking to travel in December. Please how do I go about it?

Be very careful travelling out of the country when your course is complete and you don’t have another visa. You shouldn’t be disturbed, but I’ve heard of people who had problems coming back into the country because according to the BF staff, they had already completed their course and didn’t have to be in the country.
Maybe those particular agents woke up on the wrong side that day, but you need to beware.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DoubleN(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good afternoon all, please help advise if it is advisable to use this Patio Electric Infrared heater indoors.

Thanks.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2023
You wan turn sharwama meat overnight? cheesy

DoubleN:
Good afternoon all, please help advise if it is advisable to use this Patio Electric Infrared heater indoors.

Thanks.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2023
Summertime:
Hi everyone, I need advice travelling to a schengen country. I'm rounding up my studies in October and looking to travel in December. Please how do I go about it?

Just make sure you’re already on post study or work visa and you have a job you are doing before traveling out cos when you’re returning, at the point of entry, you having a valid job currently in the uk can save you from unnecessary explanations.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2023
DoubleN:

Thanks.

It's called a patio heater....... Do you know what a patio is ........🤣😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's called a patio heater....... Do you know what a patio is ........🤣😂

What is patio abeg
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
Regex:

What is patio abeg

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2023
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=125857717][/quote]

It means e go chop better electricity na
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elisinho(m): 12:26am On Sep 18, 2023
Schoolhike:

Lol, na on top car issue i been dey for over a week or so, insurance paid me out and was giving 1 week to return courtsey car, I was searching every where to buy car, went for lots of viewings becasue i'm on budget and had a specific specs in mind (Ulez free, auto, comfortable like the courtsey car, petrol (dont want dpf issue again)), las las na one kind benz of 12 years old i bought, thats the only car that meet all the requirements, little bit comfy.

Funny that mercedes of over 11 years still perform better than some modern product of some manufacturers.

Boss abeg where you buy your car na the matter i dey like this and if you dont mind whats the name and price
thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 4:47am On Sep 18, 2023
Elders
Una remember the other day Argos deny me their card after hard search but after some weeks perhaps a month plus, i got a mail that I am qualified for a different type of card blah blah...

I checked my experian credit score and discover my point is now at 746 cool

Please what can I benefit from this score at this stage? Or should I keep going maybe to earn more score before applying for anything? cool

I presently do not have any CC except my monzo flexi card (don't know if its fully considered as a cc)

Is the 746 still not enough? For sth maybe mortgage grin

Many thanks my people
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by petux(m): 8:30am On Sep 18, 2023
koonbey:

Get a laptop. Even if it's a cheap one off eBay, it'll work for the basic coding he'd be doing, and be way better than a tablet.

There are tablet apps for coding but most are just gimmicks. Best to start him on the right foot.

Hello sir, I'd like to discuss something with you. Can I email you?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bidosko(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2023
A room available in an house share in Wolverhampton. Mail me to connect you
Agidipie:
Hello everyone, can anyone help us with accommodation (a room) in Wolverhampton. Person in need is a female student coming to university of Wolverhampton. We urgently need accommodation
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayofemidara: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2023
Hello, I got a job as a care giver and will resume in 2weeke time, please can anyone tell me from experience what to expect from the job. thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
Ayofemidara:
Hello, I got a job as a care giver and will resume in 2weeke time, please can anyone tell me from experience what to expect from the job. thanks

Did you apply for a job, without prior knowledge of what your role entails........

- You would be feeding
- Ensuing your service user is properly hydalrated
- Personal care (ever used white foam)......🤣😂
- Mobilising your service user (using recommended aids)..... Mighty Igor muscles not required
- Socialization
- Ability to recognise a deteriorating service user
Etc etc etc ......🤣😂

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2023
Better you stick with the Monzo Flexi Card if it works for you else you are welcome to try AMEX https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/tEMItOWp3J?XL=MNMNS after a while so your credit score does not suffer another hit cheesy You can also try Aqua credit cards too.

Noworries11:
Elders
Una remember the other day Argos deny me their card after hard search but after some weeks perhaps a month plus, i got a mail that I am qualified for a different type of card blah blah...

I checked my experian credit score and discover my point is now at 746 cool

Please what can I benefit from this score at this stage? Or should I keep going maybe to earn more score before applying for anything? cool

I presently do not have any CC except my monzo flexi card (don't know if its fully considered as a cc)

Is the 746 still not enough? For sth maybe mortgage grin

Many thanks my people

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2023
Wahala ....OP also need to understand the implications if anything happens to the service user while under his/her care. Support or care work is not for the faint hearted or whoever does not understand the intricacies behind it.

Lexusgs430:

Did you apply for a job, without prior knowledge of what your role entails........

- You would be feeding
- Ensuing your service user is properly hydalrated
- Personal care (ever used white foam)......🤣😂
- Mobilising your service user (using recommended aids)..... Mighty Igor muscles not required
- Socialization
- Ability to recognise a deteriorating service user
Etc etc etc ......🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donplus1: 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
Good day everyone!

*Soliciting for more opinion please*

Please I need your opinion on how best to handle my current end of tenancy issue.

I am to vacate my current house 29th September as agreed in the assured shorthold tenancy agreement.

I have been contacted by the lettings on the 25th of June to notify me of the landlord's intention to sell the house hence he's not interested to renew my contract. But unfortunately I have not bee able to secure another apartment due to the current housing crisis. Securing accommodation seems like war these days.

I have been in contact with the lettings and the property coordinator to explain the situation but they insist the landlord doesn't want an extension. The lettings branch office have been trying to help as well but nothing is forthcoming from their end.

How best do you think I can handle this without unnecessary legal tussle?

Elders and experienced bosses, abeg I need your contributions.

Thanks and Regards.

Cc lexusgs430
Justwise
Goke7
Solumtoya
Hustla
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
bigtt76:
Wahala ....OP also need to understand the implications if anything happens to the service user while under his/her care. Support or care work is not for the faint hearted or whoever does not understand the intricacies behind it.

If you don't document it, it never happened + Escalating every thing ....... Golden rule...... 😂🤣

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
donplus1:
Good day everyone!

*Soliciting for more opinion please*

Please I need your opinion on how best to handle my current end of tenancy issue.

I am to vacate my current house 29th September as agreed in the assured shorthold tenancy agreement.

I have been contacted by the lettings on the 25th of June to notify me of the landlord's intention to sell the house hence he's not interested to renew my contract. But unfortunately I have not bee able to secure another apartment due to the current housing crisis. Securing accommodation seems like war these days.

I have been in contact with the lettings and the property coordinator to explain the situation but they insist the landlord doesn't want an extension. The lettings branch office have been trying to help as well but nothing is forthcoming from their end.

How best do you think I can handle this without unnecessary legal tussle?

Elders and experienced bosses, abeg I need your contributions.

Thanks and Regards.

Cc lexusgs430
Justwise
Goke7
Solumtoya
Hustla

To move out on/before due date......

OR

Be prepared for the legal tussle........ Section 21, court date + order for possession....... If you still don't move after all this...... The court ballifs would do their work.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donplus1: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
Lexusgs430:

To move out on/before due date......

OR

Be prepared for the legal tussle........ Section 21, court date + order for possession....... If you still don't move after all this...... The court ballifs would do their work.......

Thanks for your input sir.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yolkman20: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
odinaxx:
Can anyone please assist with accommodation in Cardiff, school is starting on te 18th September , single room in a shared house is fine thank you.

reach out via yolk man20 at gmail.kom
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LagosismyHome(f): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
DoubleN:

Thanks.

No please .... this can even be a potential fire hazard. This is meant only for garden where there is proper ventilation. Do not use this indoors at all

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jum33: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
DoubleN:

Thanks.

check the power rating at the back although infra heaters are gentle on heating bills
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2023
Zahra29:

You make a lot of good points on this topic, but I disagree that migration is being regarded or used by the government as some type of silver bullet to solve all of its public funding issues. Mass migration typically creates as many problems as it solves, so it's not the answer.

It's not a silver bullet but it's a practicable solution for alot of issues- one the governmenthas embraced. Those in power have access to data the general public would prefer to avoid.

For over a year, there has been rampant abuse of the health care visa route. Virtually every major news outlet has done an investigative expose on it. Yet the government seems handicapped to take action- the reason is obvious.
Same with those looking forward to triple-locked state pensions plus gold plated work pensions. Ask them how the government would afford that in a slow growing economy....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Umeleeds: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2023
Good afternoon Elders,

I have been reading and learning from thread 1. Now @3, I will appreciate some help. please my questions are thus:
I am moving from SE to North London , Barnet and Edgware environment.

Please, is there a setting similar to Peckham in north? Where I can shop our food fresh and network. And are there any cost saving tips . Na cost make me move , but I will love to save more in the northern part of London if anyone knows the best broadband, electricity and others . Also, the African nanny helpers in Woolwich and Peckham, do they have such setting in the north. I need help with baby when working. Thanks .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LagosismyHome(f): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
Umeleeds:
Good afternoon Elders,

I have been reading and learning from thread 1. Now @3, I will appreciate some help. please my questions are thus:

Please, is there a setting similar to Peckham in north? Where I can shop our food fresh and network. And are there any cost saving tips . Na cost make me move , but I will love to save more in the northern part of London if anyone knows the best broadband, electricity and others . Also, the African nanny helpers in Woolwich and Peckham, do they have such setting in the north. I need help with baby when working. Thanks .

Fresh naija food.... burnt oak

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
Umeleeds:
Good afternoon Elders,

The only road you require is Edgware road......... Everything is on that road, from Kilburn all the way to Hendon........ 😁😜

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Umeleeds: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Thanks so much, please what of any information on nanny and mamas 😁. Or affordable nursery, can I get them around this same Edgware Road??

The only road you require is Edgware road......... Everything is on that road, from Kilburn all the way to Hendon........ 😁😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
[quote author=Umeleeds post=125876790][/quote]

Just enter Nigerian restaurants/shops and ask them........ Nah you go tire........ 😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2023
jedisco:

Human gold reserve abi human gold coming thru. Hehe

All na still Gemstone grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Efftyy: 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
Pls who as a room for share in Orpington or it’s environment, I work at Goddengreen and I will like somewhere close to work .
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Blazingdiamondz: 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2023
Blazingdiamondz:
Hi guys, I have been working as a carer since I came to UK and I earn £25k annually. However, I got a job as a food safety admin/quality officer in a company but the pay is just £20k annually. What do you guys think? Should I take the offer? What's the prospect in the field here in the UK? I need your advice. Thanks.

@Lexusgs430, Just wise and other egbons in the house, please I need your input to enable me make a Decision. The window period to accept or reject my offer go soon end and I don't know what to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Laadeh(f), idee91, Divine88, corpershun and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.