Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (497637 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (562) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Saccharine: 8:33pm On May 01
Lexusgs430:
Unfortunately, it was a Nigerian boy that was killed by the sword attacker..........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/may/01/hainault-sword-attack-police-officer-almost-lost-hand-met-police-chief?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

This is so horrifying and heart breaking. God please comfort his family members, I don't know how they will copecope with this kind of trauma.

They sent their innocent child to school and he got stabbed by a random man for no reason. How they will bear it I don't know but may they find comfort somehow and I pray the deceased child rests in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:55pm On May 01
Saccharine:

This is so horrifying and heart breaking. God please comfort his family members, I don't know how they will copecope with this kind of trauma.

They sent their innocent child to school and he got stabbed by a random man for no reason. How they will bear it I don't know but may they find comfort somehow and I pray the deceased child rests in perfect peace.

His parents sent him to a private school, ensuring he got the best foundation..... And this happens.... It's a very sad case .......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Saccharine: 9:12pm On May 01
Lexusgs430:

His parents sent him to a private school, ensuring he got the best foundation..... And this happens.... It's a very sad case .......

And he had been in the school since he was 7 so must have formed a solid community, his classmates, teachers etc must be in shock too.
I don't know if this North East London is generally a dangerous place or if it's known for stabbings.Either ways, lives have been destroyed.

As parents they did their best, tried to provide the best education in a safe environment and yet something this horrible has occurred

God please comfort them, their pain must be indescribable.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:15pm On May 01
Saccharine:

And he had been in the school since he was 7 so must have formed a solid community, his classmates, teachers etc must be in shock too.
I don't know if this North East London is generally a dangerous place or if it's known for stabbings.Either ways, lives have been destroyed.

As parents they did their best, tried to provide the best education in a safe environment and yet something this horrible has occurred

God please comfort them, their pain must be indescribable.

UK is a hotbed for knife crime ........ No county is isolated (maniacs everywhere)........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 9:47pm On May 01
Virgin Atlantic cheesy
Chreze:
Aside from British airways, any other airline de wey no de use transit visa? Our lovely airpeace no get seat.

Need to book urgent flight from Glasgow to Naija and air France and klm dem require transit visa. I no get time to waste.

Or is there any way to get transit visa in 48hrs?

Abeg I need help
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 4:06am On May 02
toughest007:

You must be a joker to think that because one is in the West, one cannot criticize objectively and quote data and facts that are littered all over the internet on how the US and her allies have assassinated heads of states, invaded and bombed nations causing significant human right violations, genocide etc. I do that and I hate the US and NATO.

That I'm in the West doesn't remove the fact that the US have always and would always remain the bigger aggressor over Russia, China et al.

Because I'm in the West, I should be blinded to fact and common sense.

By the way, who the hell made you guys the landlords and landladies of the West for heaven's sake?!!!

At the moment white university students in US are protesting against the innocent killing in Gaza and calling Israel for their atrocities but Na we Africans Nigerians for that matter choose be western advocates.

If we say Lord lugard was right now Youna go dey vex 😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 4:25am On May 02
080bjaked:
Virgin Atlantic cheesy

lol. Saw Air peace for Sunday. I am sure that will give madam joy cos she’s been singing Nigerians should come together to help Air peace succeed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 6:54am On May 02
NewT123:

Apologies, he included marriage certificate with pictures from the traditional, reception and court wedding. He also included chat history from when they were dating till after marriage, he also included the wife’s travel ticket when she visited Nigeria and pictures they both took. They have been married for 2 years now. They dated before she travelled but broke up and came back again. Wifey has been in Ireland for over 5 years but has been to Naija 3 times since they got married 2 years ago.

He wants to appeal but doesn’t know what else to add or how he can make his appeal successful

You seem to have so much personal detail about this your friend.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 7:15am On May 02
Lexusgs430:

Once you go black......... You don't look back....... The blacker the berry........ 😁🤣

Lexus!!! 😂 This man ehn... Nawa ooo. I've been hearing whites say (imply) this thing
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 7:30am On May 02
Zahra29:

That's why I said "majority" of their policies, and their core values align with mine.

Furthermore, I can choose to vote for a different government if I don't like the policies of the incumbent. In China and Russia, there is no choice as any strong opposition usually doesn't live long enough to get on the ballot.

I'm not dick riding anyone, I just personally believe the West to be a far better place to live and thrive (especially as a person of colour) than these other countries that don't even value their own citizens, much less a black man.

One of the things I like about the UK is that the whites at least try to hide their racism, the system makes conscious efforts to punish racists here. But in the US, racists don't really fear to display their prejudice. The system there doesn't really care.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ibro99: 9:07am On May 02
Can I dm too as an incoming data engineer? 😀

Schoolhike:

Dm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ibro99: 9:08am On May 02
Happy to connect with you. DM?

corpershun:
I know I only come here once in a while but cheers to everyone that shares important information on this thread. You are treasured!

Any data professional in the building, would love to connect. Plus is there a thread or even forum network for Black Data professionals in the UK?

I have recently ported from project management to a core data quality role (did MSc.data science) so need to overcome my imposter syndrome and be confident in my dealings with ‘onyibo’ and colleagues.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Palomadove: 10:54am On May 02
Hi everyone
I've been a silent follower of this thread ever since I started this UK journey and I have gotten so many useful info that I use immediately or screenshot to use later. Even the ones on future goal like parenting, inesting, buying house...I don screenshot grin I just need help concerning loan. Everything I have read, screenshot about loan and credit cards, I no just understand cry
Pls suggest banks that will give a loan of £3000 or more. My credit score is still low and my bank (HSBC) said I'm not qualify for their loan. I want to use the loan for IHS payment. I have read through the thread and I saw some pages on 0% interest loans that can be use to pay when apply for ILR but truth is I don't understand it. Kindly help. Thanks. sad
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 11:00am On May 02
Gerrard59:

Lastly, black people, regardless of where they come from, should stop criticising China. Leave that to people who have built functioning societies.

No Sir/Ma'am, I will say whatever I like , criticise whoever, associate with all legal associations and still go home and sleep peacefully to wake up and do it all over again because I live in a democracy. That is the whole point. Voltaire summed it up nicely I believe that's what jedisco,zarah have been pointing out

I also read somebody say Nigeria has been a democracy for 3 decades and is still rubbish.

To that person, I say that the fight to maintain democracy is a daily battle. It never ends. America thought being a democracy for 200 yrs and having experienced peaceful transfer of power made them immune and ,shall I say, smugly complacent.
They had a rude shock on 6/1/2021 when that nearly didn't happen.

Even as we speak half the country are still happy to vote for a man who has promised to jail opponents and suppress free speech.

If this can happen after 200 yrs, 3 decades is small potatoes. We will keep voting till we get it right

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ismailtaiwo2000: 11:01am On May 02
Good morning Everyone,
Please what is the cheapest airline for a flight from Lagos to London if I'm to book 5days before the flight.
Your answers will be appreciated
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On May 02
Palomadove:
Hi everyone
I've been a silent follower of this thread ever since I started this UK journey and I have gotten so many useful info that I use immediately or screenshot to use later. Even the ones on future goal like parenting, inesting, buying house...I don screenshot grin I just need help concerning loan. Everything I have read, screenshot about loan and credit cards, I no just understand cry
Pls suggest banks that will give a loan of £3000 or more. My credit score is still low and my bank (HSBC) said I'm not qualify for their loan. I want to use the loan for IHS payment. I have read through the thread and I saw some pages on 0% interest loans that can be use to pay when apply for ILR but truth is I don't understand it. Kindly help. Thanks. sad

Any loan provider, would use your credit report to ascertain your loan eligibility status.......

The better your credit report, the lower your APR........ Some loan companies might take a chance on you, but would charge you neck breaking and pocket bursting Apr rates.......

Novuna and Admiral, are very good for best credit score........ 118118 would charge you pocket bursting interest rates........

NB: Register with Experian/clearscore/totallymoney, and conduct a loan eligibility check.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On May 02
ismailtaiwo2000:
Good morning Everyone,
Please what is the cheapest airline for a flight from Lagos to London if I'm to book 5days before the flight.
Your answers will be appreciated
Thank you

Air peace, Air Maroc, Ethiopian Airlines, Turkish Airlines etc etc.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Palomadove: 11:16am On May 02
Lexusgs430:

Any loan provider, would use your credit report to ascertain your loan eligibility status.......

The better your credit report, the lower your APR........ Some loan companies might take a chance on you, but would charge you neck breaking and pocket bursting Apr rates.......

Novuna and Admiral, are very good for best credit score........ 118118 would charge you pocket bursting interest rates........

NB: Register with Experian/clearscore/totallymoney, and conduct a loan eligibility check.........
I have used experian to conduct loan eligibility check and was giving some suggestions. I'm just hoping I can get more information here. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:32am On May 02
Palomadove:

I have used experian to conduct loan eligibility check and was giving some suggestions. I'm just hoping I can get more information here. Thanks.

More information from here like........

Experian's suggestions, did not make sense.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NsppdBabe6: 12:45pm On May 02
kwakudtraveller:

I wonder what story she’s going to come up with. They put her photo up there because they believe shes an accomplice.
This news is fake, CIU posted a disclaimer, none of this happened, a colleague of hers created this content to tarnish her image. I have the disclaimer posted in my trust Intranet. I can share with Nairaland.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NewT123: 1:03pm On May 02
ehizario2012:

You seem to have so much personal detail about this your friend.

Yes that is why he is my friend.

There are friends and there are FRIENDS

I am based here in the UK with my wife and kids.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 2:21pm On May 02
Palomadove:
Hi everyone

A loan will charge interest albeit at a low rate depending on your personal circumstances. What you require is a 0% purchase credit card over a longish period. That way you can pay your IHS and have ample time to pay off the credit card without accruing any interest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Palomadove: 3:31pm On May 02
Peerielass:

A loan will charge interest albeit at a low rate depending on your personal circumstances. What you require is a 0% purchase credit card over a longish period. That way you can pay your IHS and have ample time to pay off the credit card without accruing any interest.
Thanks. Kindly tell me more about the 0% purchase credit card. How do I go about getting one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Palomadove: 3:35pm On May 02
Lexusgs430:

More information from here like........

Experian's suggestions, did not make sense.......
I used it to check my credit score and it gave me some loans I am lokely to get. That's what I meant by suggestions. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 6:08pm On May 02
Palomadove:

Thanks. Kindly tell me more about the 0% purchase credit card. How do I go about getting one.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards/

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 7:02pm On May 02
NsppdBabe6:

This news is fake, CIU posted a disclaimer, none of this happened, a colleague of hers created this content to tarnish her image. I have the disclaimer posted in my trust Intranet. I can share with Nairaland.
the way that mail was written, make me very much doubt the authenticity..either that, or the standard has really gone far beneath the ground at the NHS.

Check the mail address to be sure it isn't a spoofed email. The person wey write this one be like scammer wey dey hold serious grudge with punctuations, and just overall very horrible with written communication.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Cyberknight: 7:40pm On May 02
Treadway:
the way that mail was written, make me very much doubt the authenticity..either that, or the standard has really gone far beneath the ground at the NHS.

Check the mail address to be sure it isn't a spoofed email. The person wey write this one be like scammer wey dey hold serious grudge with punctuations, and just overall very horrible with written communication.

Well spotted.
And there is unlikely to be any such thing as the NHS Central Intelligence Unit. Someone has been watching too many films and that's the extent of their imagination.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Palomadove: 8:02pm On May 02
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 9:11pm On May 02
Cyberknight:

Well spotted.
And there is unlikely to be any such thing as the NHS Central Intelligence Unit. Someone has been watching too many films and that's the extent of their imagination.

There are people whose job titles are Central Intelligence Leads in the NHS Counter Fraud Authority so it’s highly likely there’s a central intelligence unit. An example: https://beta.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate/jobadvert/G9076-22-6070

Regarding the grammar, the person who wrote that email is almost certainly a band 3, of which the requirements would be GSCE and basic computing skills, so it’s not unusual to see errors in emails at that level in my experience.

On the whole it seems pretty authentic to me, but who knows?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by claremont(m): 9:37pm On May 02
Lexusgs430:

UK is a hotbed for knife crime ........ No county is isolated (maniacs everywhere)........

London.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:54pm On May 02
claremont:

London.

I say no more......... 😜🤣😭

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 9:57pm On May 02
Only in Good democracies….
You can’t try this in China or Russia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-68609729?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=6633e5c72f3a131cc506ad7f%26Boris%20Johnson%20turned%20away%20from%20voting%20after%20forgetting%20valid%20ID%262024-05-02T19%3A24%3A04.032Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:3e079b63-ced8-4ab9-bed8-95c15745c389&pinned_post_asset_id=6633e5c72f3a131cc506ad7f&pinned_post_type=share

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (562) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: dotconsult(m), directonpc(m), jblesn(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.