Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (482995 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:48pm On Mar 15
LaXxOnebody:
Lol..but you can't live your life based largely on people's interpretation of your words or thouhhts nau.

Your post about graduating with a *Dinstinction* in Cybersecurity is a big motivation to me. It let's me know that my dream of going to a Russell institution is achievable.

If someone feels is showoff, their feelings/opinions are also valid, but with them and in their pocket.

Congrats once again make we focus on better things.

Exactly boss. May God help us all

Your distinction and sexy job dey come, ma fo wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ahjay: 2:51pm On Mar 15
Big Congratulations to you!
hustla:
In other unrelated news, I finally completed my Msc Cybersecurity with Distinction

You all can come and chop jollof rice in June abi July

Bills on Lexusgs430

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by TheUnburnt: 3:22pm On Mar 15
Please Am New Here. I want to ask if my friend divorce her dependent without telling the embassy. Will there be any punishment on her? She is the main applicant.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 4:03pm On Mar 15
TheUnburnt:
Please Am New Here. I want to ask if my friend divorce her dependent without telling the embassy. Will there be any punishment on her? She is the main applicant.
Thanks.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce?step-by-step-nav=84b7fdca-a8b0-4500-bc27-dafeab9f1401

Note the use of "must" ? Why would you risk your visa in this manner?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by TheUnburnt: 4:07pm On Mar 15
missjekyll:

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce?step-by-step-nav=84b7fdca-a8b0-4500-bc27-dafeab9f1401

Note the use of "must" ? Why would you risk your visa in this manner?

The link is only talking on behalf of the dependant who is in the UK because of the marriage.
What of the person that is there to study and not depending on marriage to stay in the UK.
Is there any punishment for the person?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by TheUnburnt: 4:12pm On Mar 15
The exhusband begged her not to inform the embassy so that they won’t send him back to Naija. But she’s worried if it will affect her in the future.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 4:34pm On Mar 15
This has a few more details than the original post.

Which is your circumstance?
Visa type?

It lists the visas that are reportable.

TheUnburnt:

The link is only talking on behalf of the dependant who is in the UK because of the marriage.
What of the person that is there to study and not depending on marriage to stay in the UK.
Is there any punishment for the person?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by TheUnburnt: 4:41pm On Mar 15
missjekyll:

Visa type?

She is on student visa.
Her ex husband is on dependant visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:43pm On Mar 15
missjekyll:

Visa type?

Since it's a student visa as mentioned, it's reportable.

This looks like business gone bad in a way though, more information would be needed to appreciate the situation.

Using the word "punish" repeatedly points in one general direction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On Mar 15
rowon:
Good afternoon all. Please kindly advised. My wife was accused sleeping on duty where she works as a relief support worker in Scotland by an agency staff. She just Cos with another company recently. She has been suspended where she does relief support work and would be invited for disciplinary committee. She told me she was surprised the agency staff could do such because that very day the agency requested she wanted to leave 15 minutes earlier closing time because she lost someone . She gladly accepted .
Please kindly advise on how defend herself at the disciplinary committee so her license would not revoked if reported to the regulatory body (SSSC) and eventually the main employer will withdraw their COS . PLEASE WE NEED YOUR ADVICE!

- Does this grass have video evidence of her sleeping......

- What's her organisation policy, if caught sleeping on duty......

- Is she a member of any union........

Unfortunately, I have known situations of people getting sacked (if caught sleeping on duty)..... If no photographic or video evidence, she might have to do a shaggy.......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:04pm On Mar 15
LaXxOnebody:
I had cause to meet the previous occupant of the house I'm renting and her prophecy has been fulfilled.

She said landlord would keep increasing rent every year and I even rented at a premium. I've had to haggle and settle at an uncomplimentary amount.

It is however extra motivation to convert my rent payments to equity payments.

Don't allow anyone put you under pressure o ......😜

But have it at the back of your mind that, RENT MONEY IS DEAD MONEY .......

But don't rush o, some people on this thread, would make you feel unfulfilled, keep enjoying the benefits of renting (you have no responsibility to fix the boiler + your landlord would protect your deposit)..........😂😁😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Dappy25: 5:09pm On Mar 15
Lexusgs430:

My whatsapp number is easy to find ......

And yes my number would also pop up with a Google search.......😜😂
Thanks Sir, I’ll send you a message.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:32pm On Mar 15
One word for this husband?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 5:59pm On Mar 15
I have got no sympathy for both of them.
Why? I believe, you should not beat your wife and for the wife, you should not use fake IELTS.

ehizario2012:

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 6:16pm On Mar 15
ehizario2012:
they both fit, like a hand and a glove. 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by taalas: 6:17pm On Mar 15
Pls boss, urgent pls! I am stalk here in the TLS category for uploading documents: where and how do I fix my Documents in to those categories-

Documents:
Passport
Application form
CoS Letter
TB test
Police character
Degree certicate
Transcript
ECCTIS

TLS Category:
Employment evidence
Sponsor evidence
Travel and Residency
VAF
Other
Financial evidence
Family status
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 7:20pm On Mar 15
[quote author=taalas post=128948142]Pls boss, urgent pls! I am stalk here in the TLS category for uploading documents: where and how do I fix my Documents in to those categories-

Scan all the documents to your email. Download to desktop
Click and add the documents to your application.

Each of these tags have an explanatory icon beside them. Also there should be an explanatory page on gov.uk

I doubt we would be able to help you with this not knowing the documents you have.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 7:20pm On Mar 15
dupyshoo:
I have got no sympathy for both of them.
Why? I believe, you should not beat your wife and for the wife, you should not use fake IELTS.

Lobatan, that's it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 7:21pm On Mar 15
Treadway:
they both fit, like a hand and a glove. 🤣🤣

OMG! They balance the equation well... But both shouldn't even be in the UK at all "together" in the first place. Their foundation is falsehood, their marriage is a mirage.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by taalas: 7:28pm On Mar 15
I have scanned all documents and downloaded in my laptop ,what am asking for instance is if I will upload my Intl passport in the category marked as Other and upload my CoS letter in the category marked as sponsor evidence? so on and so forth..I urgently need help to navigate here [quote author=missjekyll post=128948880][/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by taalas: 7:29pm On Mar 15
I got confused where to upload my offer letter and others ..I really need help here elders pleaseeee oo[quote author=missjekyll post=128948880][/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15
Hope this guide helps

https://static.tlscontact.com/media/global/ww/uk/settlement_visa_applications_-_new_additional_process.pdf

taalas:
I got confused where to upload my offer letter and others ..I really need help here elders pleaseeee oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by taalas: 8:06pm On Mar 15
Do I need to tender any UK visa iused in the past n expired passport say 12years ago
Bourne007:
Hope this guide helps

https://static.tlscontact.com/media/global/ww/uk/settlement_visa_applications_-_new_additional_process.pdf

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 8:21pm On Mar 15
If it's not on the list of compulsory docs, it's completely optional to upload as long as it's stated on the form (if asked).

taalas:
Do I need to tender any UK visa iused in the past n expired passport say 12years ago
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15
TheUnburnt:
Thanks.

Divorce "her dependent", not divorce "her husband"

.... Also, she's worried about punishment.. A regular person in that position who hasn't done wrong won't be thinking about punishment

Are you sure the marriage isn't arranged, fugazi stuff?

Feels to me like you're the person in question.. I may be wrong though

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 8:45pm On Mar 15
Lmao para? At all at all. I just call things as I see them and also recognize that two things can be true at once. 🫶🏾
hustla:

Omo, why all man dey para since yesterday.

shocked

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 8:51pm On Mar 15
Also, congratulations on your education feat, Hustla! 🫱🏿‍🫲🏾
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 9:11pm On Mar 15
For anyone intending to apply for a skilled worker visa from 4th April (excluding health and care workers and education workers), please take note of the following information which has largely been missed in the midst of the big headlines.

From the statement of rule changes published this week:

***Sponsoring employers must pay Skilled Workers at least a general salary threshold or

the going rate for the individual occupation, whichever is higher
. The general salary

threshold is being raised from £26,200 (based on 25th percentile UK earnings in
eligible occupations) to £38,700 (based on median UK earnings in eligible occupations). Going rates are also being raised from the 25th percentile to the median.

The new thresholds and going rates are based on the latest Office for National

Statistics (ONS) pay data4

However, at the same time, the going rate salary thresholds for individual occupations (excluding Health and Care worker roles) will also increase from the 25th percentile to the 50th percentile.

This means that depending on the role, the minimum salary payable for a Skilled Worker visa may be significantly higher than £38,700.

For example, the occupation code for Programmers and Software Development Professionals (SOC 2010 code 2136) currently specifies a minimum salary of £34,000 (reduced to £27,200 because it is on the Shortage Occupation List). The estimated 50th percentile rate for the same occupation code is £49,430 (SOC 2020 code 2134) (which means that anyone applying under the Skilled Worker route for this type of role on or after 4 April will need to be paid in the region of £49,430 per annum unless they are covered by a transitional arrangement.

It's worth looking up your occupation to find out what its new going rate based on the 50th percentile is.

Edit

The new entrant visa gives a discount of 70% of the going rate in the 50th percentile

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:59pm On Mar 15
Thewritingnerd:
Also, congratulations on your education feat, Hustla! 🫱🏿‍🫲🏾

Thanks ma'am!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:00pm On Mar 15
Thewritingnerd:
Lmao para? At all at all. I just call things as I see them and also recognize that two things can be true at once. 🫶🏾

It is well

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kaybee3(m): 11:01pm On Mar 15

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (550) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Thewritingnerd(f), Trendytessy(f), iyatrustee(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.