Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (461018 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I have ₦35K or Β£35.00 for anyone sending some juicy pictures..........πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

We must see your real face ...........😭😜

I have it. If you get cash let's deal... Raalsalghul
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Lol the going rate is Β£35K
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
Funny enough if you follow their Twitter handle even Baverman handle you will see that they always point out these people coming in through the sea and not the people coming in legally. I am yet to see them tweet about this dependent thing so the news still seems like a rumour just like naija like singing around about UK blah blah blah.

AirBay:

All the refugees that came in like herds of cattle via the sea, those ones did not increase immigration number, its the people that contributed Β£10k-Β£16k for fees, paid NHS for at least family of 2, paid British Airways, Worked and paid overtime taxes...............F**K UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I'm not sure that what he did is a crime...this is looking like Phillip Schofield's case
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tshoboy(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
Focus99:
Funny enough if you follow their Twitter handle even Baverman handle you will see that they always point out these people coming in through the sea and not the people coming in legally. I am yet to see them tweet about this dependent thing so the news still seems like a rumour just like naija like singing around about UK blah blah blah.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/changes-to-student-visa-route-will-reduce-net-migration
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Good evening everyone. Is there any reliable and efficient logistics company in England for sending items to Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
gmacnoms:
Good evening everyone. Is there any reliable and efficient logistics company in England for sending items to Nigeria?
do you want to use cargo services? yes items have to be minimum 10kg
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
justwise:

I'm not sure that what he did is a crime...this is looking like Phillip Schofield's case

Although police has stated that no crime was committed. But the daughter was 17 when she started sending the images, if what the parents are saying is accurate, I believe he's committed a crime
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2023
giselle237:
I want something that’s fast. 7/10 days max
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Reject the job ......... Make den no go pour stone, inside your beans........πŸ˜‚

Lol, some jobs na isolenu,

He can actually propose using payslip as evidence of employment, if dem no gree, make dem carry on with their talent search

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
Phayie:

Although police has stated that no crime was committed. But the daughter was 17 when she started sending the images, if what the parents are saying is accurate, I believe he's committed a crime

The daughter disagreed with her mum and step-dad's account of the event and has gotten herself a lawyer
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
Phayie:

2 police forces investigated and concluded there was no evidence of criminality. It is more about propriety/morality - it's his personal life but he's also a public figure working for a publicly owned corporation.

I do hope he's watched closely in hospital and the media needs to remember what happened to Caroline Flack and leave him alone now.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ticha: 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
Phayie:

Age of consent is 16 so no legal crime unless he had a duty of care towards the girl which he doesn't. Plus it is a crime to solicit for pictures from under 18s, but she is saying he did not. Although it is morally questionable.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Zahra29:

Lol the going rate is Β£35K

My going rate is ₦35K......πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
I truly wonder why DWP is seeking a yoruba speaking translator..........

Our yoruba demons don run uk government street........... πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ˜

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:07am On Jul 13, 2023
Lexusgs430:
I truly wonder why DWP is seeking a yoruba speaking translator..........

Our yoruba demons don run uk government street........... πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ˜

Remember that infamous border force episode where the Naij guy was speaking Yoruba through the letterbox saying "masilekun" but saying to the enforcement officials with him that he was calling his house mate to open the door...but they clocked what he was saying anyways 🀣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 12:08am On Jul 13, 2023
gmacnoms:
I want something that’s fast. 7/10 days max
yes it’s 7 to 10 working days
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dentalux: 12:32am On Jul 13, 2023
cbn4main:

For someone who does not require sponsorship(he is already in the uk) and has up 8 years of experience in Nigeria, what are his chances of securing an Accounting or Audit role as an ICAEW member?

Are employers so particular about UK work experience ?

To be honest I dont know but you stand a better chance with ICAEW. When it comes to employment there are several parts. Having qualifications, skills, and intelligence is one part. God factor or luck as some people call it is another.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:47am On Jul 13, 2023
Zahra29:

Remember that infamous border force episode where the Naij guy was speaking Yoruba through the letterbox saying "masilekun" but saying to the enforcement officials with him that he was calling his house mate to open the door...but they clocked what he was saying anyways 🀣

Make hin no silekun o........ πŸ˜‚

I remember that episode...... 😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 12:55am On Jul 13, 2023
giselle237:
what’s the company?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 3:29am On Jul 13, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

I hope you know that some of the everyday things you use was invented by a black person. Including the coloured computers you use today. Stop downplaying your race. A little google search will go a long way.

Abeg enough with emotion, facts dont care about emotion, what is 'some' compared to 'most'

If some invention were by black race, then most were by white race.

We talking of most u talking of some.
Na some we wan chop.

If we had it going why then are u killing yourself to live in their land and be a citizen of their land

Abeg call a spade a spade

Even the some u r talking about arent citizen of africa nation they are blacks whom were born there

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2023
For clarity sake,

Is there any condition that stops one from :

Getting provisional license
Writing theory test
Doing practical test
Then start to drive alone without supervision in one month or two?

Aside from maybe booking time, slot, ability to learn UK pattern faster and all that. Is there like a certain rule that says all this can’t happen in a month or two?

If there are no rules, please can anyone share reason why it may not be possible.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dustydee: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2023
eniola1010:

Abeg enough with emotion, facts dont care about emotion, what is 'some' compared to 'most'

If some invention were by black race, then most were by white race.

We talking of most u talking of some.
Na some we wan chop.

If we had it going why then are u killing yourself to live in their land and be a citizen of their land

Abeg call a spade a spade

Even the some u r talking about arent citizen of africa nation they are blacks whom were born there
This thread has been turned to a "black race" bashing thread. Truely if people do not know theier history then they are lost. Imagine when Africa was the shining light of civilisation, if the caucasians who came and saw the level of development and "technology" simply sat back and said their race was inferior to the black race, perhaps they will be in a similar situation like we are in now. STOP LOOKING DOWN ON THE BLACK RACE. If you feel inferior, please speak for yourself and stop generalising. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pushup: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2023
Hi. Can I have provisional license and still continue using the internatinal one? I have just over 6 months on my visa and i want to quickly get the provisional one. So that it makes it easier for me to get the main uk license
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2023
What increase my success rate was that I have been driving with international driving license since March and I made sure that before I started driving I passed my driving theory test. This made me conversant with the highway codes and signs. Once your test date is fast approaching google search for a good instructor with a high pass rate in your area and book a driving lesson with the instructor. I did only 6hrs lessons to learn what the examiner really want on the test date. And lastly, watch a lot of mock driving tests on youtube that would help a lot too.
eyesaswide:

Any tips and tricks? How did you do it? I have my first test in September and I hope to join the 1st attempt geng

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 8:58am On Jul 13, 2023
Yes, but the international one will expire once you clock a year in the UK
pushup:
Hi. Can I have provisional license and still continue using the internatinal one? I have just over 6 months on my visa and i want to quickly get the provisional one. So that it makes it easier for me to get the main uk license
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Seniors
Can anyone share the link to book for a theory test... been procrastinating like tomorrow no dey
I need book for the test to motivate me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 10:11am On Jul 13, 2023
Zahra29:

Not if they are applying for a dependent visa on the basis of a course which starts in Jan 2024.

PhD students are still allowed even after Jan 2024
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by terrymason(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2023
Una don confuse me. Should I just do the normal Nigeria license or international license.
I read that one need to have local Nigeria license to be eligible to use international license in the UK. Current I don't have Nigeria license, but planning to do an international license.

What's the best way forward. The answer have been seeing regarding this question has not be straightforward.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by sugarkemi(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2023
gmacnoms:
what’s the company?
Interested please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2023
It's pretty clear from the discussions that the normal naija license is to be used.

A friend, who came earlier this year, has a court hearing simply because she couldn't produce the naija license (never had one). The intl alone was completely rejected by police.

terrymason:
Una don confuse me. Should I just do the normal Nigeria license or international license.
I read that one need to have local Nigeria license to be eligible to use international license in the UK. Current I don't have Nigeria license, but planning to do an international license.

What's the best way forward. The answer have been seeing regarding this question has not be straightforward.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jagbasneh(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
Quick one please i want to renew my passport in London and i have appointment next week at 9am, the question is if i get their on time for now long it will take me to be capture?

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: toughest007, topellycategory, deept(m), Lexusgs430

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.