Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,200 members, 7,953,741 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:23 AM

Okay, Let's Get Real Now. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Okay, Let's Get Real Now. (2612 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
Okay, so what is it?  Really.  Do the governments of this world rule the world?  Or does Goldman-Sachs rule the World?

Who is the ruler of this world?  What does the bible say? 

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqN3amj6AcE&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by MyJoe: 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Okay, so what is it?  Really.  Do they government of this world rule the world?  Or does Goldman-Sachs rule the World?

Who is the ruler of this world?  What does the bible say? 
Satan. That's what it says.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
MyJoe:

Satan. That's what it says.

Hmmm . . . Well it certainly isn't the so called sovereign governments of the various so called sovereign nations. 

Nor any of the institutions that we are aware of like UN, IMF, or whatever.  These, like the so called sovereign nations, seem to be mere tools of something more opaque and nefarious behind the scenes. 

It just seems that the average guy on the street does not really get the full gravity of what is going on right now. People need to go and research the 30s depression and then take into account that what is going on right now is going to be a hell of a lot worse than that.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by MyJoe: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
Well, here's what a guy called Mark Gongloff thinks:

The Internets are ablaze with amazement over some fella named Alessio Rastani, who left jaws agape on both sides of the Atlantic by going on the teevee and saying scary things. But what he said was really not all that shocking.

There was initially a lot of debate about whether Mr. Rastani, identified during his BBC interview as an “independent trader,” was for real or a prankster. He is clearly unpolished in the BBC interview, in which he admits to going to bed every night dreaming about a recession and the rich money-making opportunities it will bring, but he appears not to be a hoax. This long interview with Emily Lambert at Forbes makes that case.

So what’s he saying that’s so mind-blowing? Kid Dynamite breaks it down and finds it shouldn’t be all that shocking:

Rastani says:

1) “Markets are ruled by fear.” Yes indeed – a well known axiom – fear and greed.

2) “The big money and the smart money…they are moving their money away to safer assets.” Well, that’s probably true – just look at Treasury yields

3) “If I see an opportunity to make money, I go with that.” Well, duh.  That’s what traders do.

4) “I go to bed every night I dream of another recession.” Is this the comment that has people up in arms?  The guy is prepared for his view of reality: that things are not as good as the talking heads want you to believe they are, and thus he’s ready to profit from a bear market.   As a fellow trader, I took Rastani to mean that he’s not positioned for the next great bull market.

5) “This economic crisis is like a cancer – if you just wait and wait hoping it’s gonna go away, just like a cancer it’s gonna grow and it’s gonna be too late. “ He goes on to say that wishful thinking won’t solve the problem and that people need to be prepared.  COMPLETELY reasonable, in my mind, especially for anyone who has been paying attention to the United States for the last three years.

Rastani then takes the view that “the Government doesn’t rule the world, Goldman Sachs rules the world.”  I’m not so sure about that one, and I don’t think he’s right that GS doesn’t care about the Euro rescue package.  It may be the case that GS doesn’t think the Euro rescue package will work (although I have seen no evidence that they believe that), but they certainly care about anything impacting markets.

Mr. Dynamite then gets to the heart of the matter here, why we media types have been forced to retire to our fainting couches over some of the things Mr. Rastani is saying:

Is our mainstream media so used to bullish talking heads – mutual fund managers talking their books and their careers – that anytime someone injects a dose of reality into a conversation, it becomes newsworthy? …

Educate yourself, be prepared, be informed.   What a radical idea…

Highlights mine.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2011
I was not to sure about GoldmanSachs either. According to some other people it JP Morgan. Anyway, I don't think the guy meant that Goldman Sachs doesn't care about the Euro package in the sense that they are not interested in what happens. They care that whatever happens it makes them money and gives them more control over the planet's assets and resources. Whether this is a Bull market or a Bear market.

Is our mainstream media so used to bullish talking heads – mutual fund managers talking their books and their careers – that anytime someone injects a dose of reality into a conversation, it becomes newsworthy? …

Well, what I think of this is that the media is a propaganda tool that is used to control the populations opinions, thoughts and subsequently their behaviour. We hear so many Bullish opinions on TV cos the government needs us to be bullish, go out and spend, and thereby keep the whole debacle going. And to a certain extent such manipulation works (I think they used to call it the 'feel good factor' in the 90s), but this time around I think the situation is too far gone.

I feel well practiced for it though, having been through something similar in Nigeria in the 80s.

Something Gongloff didn't mention which shocked many people as well is Rastani's claim that governments do not rule the world. That is a revelation for so many people. The Governments of this world dance to the tune of an invisible piper. It is who pays the piper and who calls the tune that I think we ought to investigate.

It is a common adage now that the markets are ruled by Greed and Fear. People say these things with a shrug, without thinking of the spiritual significance of it. In fact it doesn't even raise an eyebrow. The spirit that is making everything around us tick is one of Greed and Fear. They even have another saying: Greed is Good.
If you are not greedy you cannot prosper. bla bla bla . . . How can the emotions of Greed and Fear have such a grip and control over everything in the whole world?
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by wordtalk(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
Rastani: 'The first thing people should do is protect their assets, protect what they have. . . because in less than twelve months, my prediction is, the savings of millions of people is gonna vanish.'

There's no doubt about savings of millions of people vanishing - I saw that coming. What astounds me is this: protect all you want to protect - anyhow you want to protect it - and the cancer will still get to your assets. The present crisis was orchestrated (of course, by the 'not-so-invisible' pipers).
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by MyJoe: 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
Pastor AIO:

I was not to sure about GoldmanSachs either.  According to some other people it JP Morgan.
Lol

Anyway, I don't think the guy meant that Goldman Sachs doesn't care about the Euro package in the sense that they are not interested in what happens.  They care that whatever happens it makes them money and gives them more control over the planet's assets and resources.  Whether this is a Bull market or a Bear market.
Barely a few hours to the PDP presidential primaries of 2007, some Nigerian power brokers, including Aliko Dangote, Nasir el-Rufai and others were locked in a midnight meeting. Their purpose? To persuade "Baba", that is Mr Obasanjo, to drop Peter Odili as running mate to the anointed walking mate, Umaru Yar'Adua, and instead use either Goodluck Jonathan or Andrew Azazi. What did they have against Mr Odili? He was "too" corrupt. What did the likes of Dangote care about corruption? Interesting question. They don't mind a corrupt person becoming president, but they did not want someone "too" corrupt. They realise there is so much the country can take and being master strategists who are smart enough to subsume their interests within that of the country, albeit not all the way, they will do anything to prevent armageddon. I believe the same applies to the JPs and GSs of this world.

And while I share the view about the stock markets and the rest of them being an elaborate debacle, houses of cards kept standing up by well-coordinated government and private hypes, I do not believe for a moment that a single entity - finance houses, governments, the Bretton Woods people, witches and wizards - control the world. I think a lot of things make this broil thick and tick. Capitalism is real to a great extent. [END OF POST] or a Bear market.
[quote][/quote]
Barely a few hours to the PDP presidential primaries of 2007, some Nigerian power brokers, including Aliko Dangote, Nasir el-Rufai and others were locked in a midnight meeting. Their purpose? To persuade "Baba", that is Mr Obasanjo, to drop Peter Odili as running mate to the anointed walking mate, Umaru Yar'Adua, and instead use either Goodluck Jonathan or Andrew Azazi. What did they have against Mr Odili? He was "too" corrupt. What did the likes of Dangote care about corruption? Interesting question. They don't mind a corrupt person becoming president, but they did not want someone "too" corrupt. They realise there is so much the country can take and being master strategists who are smart enough to subsume their interests within that of the country, albeit not all the way, they will do anything to prevent armageddon. I believe the same applies to the JPs and GSs of this world.

And while I share the view about the stock markets and the rest of them being an elaborate debacle, houses of cards kept standing up by well-coordinated government and private hypes, I do not believe for a moment that a single entity - finance houses, governments, the Bretton Woods people, witches and wizards - control the world. I think a lot of things make this broil thick and tick. Capitalism is real to a great extent. [END OF POST]
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2011
Pastor, welcome to yesterday. Lots of people - like David Iyke and Alex Jones - have been saying this for decades that governments are mostly puppet entities controlled by a planetary shadow government. But most ignorant folks would say that such people are deluded and or insane. And it goes way beyond the governments. The entire world religious bodies are part of the system of tools used to herd the word populace in the direction this shadow govt. chooses.

Gerald Celente, the great trend forecaster who is greatly respected all over, has also been screaming for the last decade for people to be prepared for the great crash that will reshape society forever. Well, it is coming and people better buckle their seatbelts. Please put the name, Gerald Celente, in the youtube search engine to listen to this guy(if you don't already know him) for more trend forecasts, and i have to tell you, they are not pretty.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^^

You are a fan of ALEX JONES 

Seriously you need to get a life  grin grin grin grin grin

ALEX JONES is an expounder of cooked up , mumbo Jumbo, nonsensical conspiracy theories !!!!   Looking for 'demons' under every bush , that's his motto !

Now I understand where you are coming from , which also explains your bad temper  grin grin
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Enigma(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^^ . . . and (still) David Icke!!!
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Jenwitemi(m): 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2011
Well, look at what is going on right now? Both these guys have been proven to be right in all their predictions? That's what counts. Because they predicted all this from way back. You see, these two guys can see things that are way beyond what christian dogma blindfolded sheeples like you two could ever see. grin
I am always a fan of those who are either trying to open the eyes of the masses to what is actually going on or those who fight for the truth. Jesus was once doing both.

Right now, David Icke can fill a big hall anywhere he goes. That says a whole lot.
frosbel:

^^^

You are a fan of ALEX JONES 

Seriously you need to get a life  grin grin grin grin grin

ALEX JONES is an expounder of cooked up , mumbo Jumbo, nonsensical conspiracy theories !!!!   Looking for 'demons' under every bush , that's his motto !

Now I understand where you are coming from , which also explains your  bad temper  grin grin

Enigma:

^^^ . . .  and (still) David Icke!!!
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Enigma(m): 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^^ Yeah, better to be a "Christian sheeple" than to be a mumu following other deluded mumus.  smiley

Sensible and wise people do not need to follow the likes of David Icke to have an understanding of the global financial system and its motivations ---- despite mainstream media complacency/collusion.  wink
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
wordtalk:

Rastani: 'The first thing people should do is protect their assets, protect what they have. . . because in less than twelve months, my prediction is, the savings of millions of people is gonna vanish.'

There's no doubt about savings of millions of people vanishing - I saw that coming. What astounds me is this: protect all you want to protect - anyhow you want to protect it - and the cancer will still get to your assets. The present crisis was orchestrated (of course, by the 'not-so-invisible' pipers).

Protect your assets? yeah, I don't know about that. What I would advise people to do though is remember how things were in 9ja when Shagari started the Austerity Measures etc. Stockpile stuff that is important to you for living your daily life. Buy durable foods in large quantities. Instead of packets of rice, buy massive sacks of rice to last months. Cos the price of food could be increasing exponentially from week to week (inflation).
Buy kegs of fuel for your car and store it.
Get out of Cash because inflation is going to erode it's value. I think buying things like gold and silver chains, rings or trinkets would be better than having cash. Those things can then be traded for what you need in a barter system. I even see measures of food (like cups of rice) being used as currency in a barter system.

I recommend joining a barter club. This was how Argentinians managed to survive.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn2xvM9z8Zc[/flash]

http://www.bartertrainer.com/clubs.asp

http://www.barternews.com/barterclubs.htm
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Joagbaje(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2011
We told you guys in 2009 that the economic crisis will take 7 years As predicted by pastor chris and other prophets. But you guys Said na it's almost over . Let's see who is right grin. Wall street? Or the holyghost.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorKun(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2011
@joagbaje
So that criminal you are following(pastor chris) is now the holy ghost. LWKMD grin
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

We told you guys in 2009 that the economic crisis will take 7 years As predicted by pastor chris and other prophets. But you guys Said na it's almost over . Let's see who is right grin. Wall street? Or the holyghost.

Where did Wall street say that the crisis was almost over? Please bring the link. At the moment the prediction is that we are going to loose a decade of economic growth.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorKun(m): 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2011
@joagbaje
Don't twist Oyak's vacant prophesy. I remember at that time you said oyak's was talking about the financial crisis in Nigeria. As at today, the Nigerian banking financial crisis is over after just two years contrary to the seven years claimed by your charlatan leader.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Joagbaje(m): 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Where did Wall street say that the crisis was almost over? Please bring the link. At the moment the prediction is that we are going to loose a decade of economic growth.

It's Kunleoshob that said so. I hope I can still get the thread. In that thread I explained that pastor chris predicted the economic crisis as far back as 2001. He said we are in a 7 year periodic prosperity and after the 7th year there will be a worldwide crisis. But he didn't give the details. But in 2008 when the crisis was on,he explained that it will last another 7 year. When I said that, kunleoshob told me the prophecy is not true because the crisis is almost over. And I told him this is just the beginning, don't listen to wall street .
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Daiquiri: 11:47pm On Oct 05, 2011
The Bilderberg group?
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 9:41am On Oct 06, 2011
Daiquiri:

The Bilderberg group?

But the Bilderberg group are just human beings like you and me. They will only live a few decades and then they too will die. They have the same motivations as you and me, they have the same organs and body parts. They too want the best for their kids, they want to live a fulfilled life etc etc.

Should we consider that these people are just as much victims as the rest of the world. They are afflicted with glutonny, fear, and an insatiable sense of fear and want. There is something else that is the source of the affliction.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Daiquiri: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2011
Pastor AIO:

But the Bilderberg group are just human beings like you and me. They will only live a few decades and then they too will die. They have the same motivations as you and me, they have the same organs and body parts. They too want the best for their kids, they want to live a fulfilled life etc etc.

Should we consider that these people are just as much victims as the rest of the world. They are afflicted with glutonny, fear, and an insatiable sense of fear and want. There is something else that is the source of the affliction.

grin grin

The prince of this world. The Greeks understood this well.

The something else are the principalities behind the personalities

Ruling by proxy possessing executive authority or governmental rule in the world causing havoc

Aspartame Donald Rumsfeld,  Halliburton Dìck Cheney, the fluoride in your cherished toothpaste, Chemtrails in UK, Holland, Australia et al etc

By the way the Bilderberg group is membership invitation-only - soldier go, soldier come
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Joagbaje(m): 5:24am On Oct 07, 2011
Pastor AIO:

But the Bilderberg group are just human beings like you and me. They will only live a few decades and then they too will die.

That's where you get it wrong , the devil is behind all these structures . Men may die but the structures lives on.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Amujale(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

That's where you get it wrong , the devil is behind all these structures . Men may die but the structures lives on.

I'm going to assume that was a joke right, but the problem is that i cant find the punchline.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by nlMediator: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

It's Kunleoshob that said so. I hope I can still get the thread. In that thread I explained that pastor chris predicted the economic crisis as far back as 2001. He said we are in a 7 year periodic prosperity and after the 7th year there will be a worldwide crisis. But he didn't give the details. But in 2008 when the crisis was on,he explained that it will last another 7 year. When I said that, kunleoshob told me the prophecy is not true because the crisis is almost over. And I told him this is just the beginning, don't listen to wall street .

Can you be a bit more specific? Seven years of economic prosperity in Nigeria or globally? And what indices are you using to measure the economic prosperity: GDP growth, PPP, poverty levels, stock market growth, employment numbers, etc. Of course, in the case of Nigeria, the answer is very clear: I doubt if Nigeria has known any real economic propsperity since 1980 or so. And if you're not specific enough, anything can fit into the prophecy.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by HISchild: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2011
YAHWEH reigns!

"This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men." - Dan 4:17

"So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth." - Psalm 58:11
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2011
HISchild:

"This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men." - Dan 4:17

"So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth." - Psalm 58:11

I love this. But why is it the lowliest of men that have to rule.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by nlMediator: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2011
^^^

Depends on the slant you want to put on the word "basest". If you see it in a negative light ("base", "lowlife"), it is intriguing why such people would rule. But I believe the Scripture is using the word in a positive light -, i.e., lowly, humble, weak. In that sense, God chooses to promote the weak things of this life to confound the strong and thereby show His strength. If a child is falling from a skyscraper and a 90-year old emaciated woman catches her, that's certainly a bigger marvel than if she was caught by the reigning heavyweight champion. In summary, that Daniel scripture may not provide justification for some of the things this thread is complaining about.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by nlMediator: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2011
nlMediator:

Can you be a bit more specific? Seven years of economic prosperity in Nigeria or globally? And what indices are you using to measure the economic prosperity: GDP growth, PPP, poverty levels, stock market growth, employment numbers, etc. Of course, in the case of Nigeria, the answer is very clear: I doubt if Nigeria has known any real economic propsperity since 1980 or so. And if you're not specific enough, anything can fit into the prophecy.

Continuing, I'd say the prophecy may be accurate but it is not being relayed properly here. It is difficult to see any facts to support a conclusion either of 7 years of economic prosperity or even 7 years of economic growth from 2001-2008. The United States, which constitute[d] more than a quarter of the world's economy ($14 trillion GDP out of a total of $52 trillion world GDP) was basically in a recession from 2001-2003. Another dominant player, the EU was in a recession up till 2002. Japan, another major player, was not anywhere near growth. So, globally there were not 7 years of economic growth ending in 2008. A number of countries like Canada and the UK did well, but their numbers are not sufficient to constitute global growth.

The link below provides a useful summary of facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_2000s_recession
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
nlMediator:

^^^

Depends on the slant you want to put on the word "basest". If you see it in a negative light ("base", "lowlife"wink, it is intriguing why such people would rule. But I believe the Scripture is using the word in a positive light -, i.e., lowly, humble, weak. In that sense, God chooses to promote the weak things of this life to confound the strong and thereby show His strength. If a child is falling from a skyscraper and a 90-year old emaciated woman catches her, that's certainly a bigger marvel than if she was caught by the reigning heavyweight champion. In summary, that Daniel scripture may not provide justification for some of the things this thread is complaining about.

You're right I actually read it as 'lowlife' and that doesn't seem to be what was meant.

. . . . But on further thought I started to think. Shouldn't rulership be based on worth. Or is that one too a matter of Grace. I would rather have worthy people rule over me. But it seems in this world from the dawn of history it hasn't been the worthy people who rule. Not even the 'lowly, humble, and weak'.
But I'm detracting from the thread now. I was just letting my imagination run away with me.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by Joagbaje(m): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2011
Pastor Kun:

. As at today, the Nigerian banking financial crisis is over after just two years contrary to the seven years claimed by your charlatan leader.

How can you say problem is over here in nigeria. We are all here , the economy problem is global. Nigeria is not exempted. . This is just the beginning.  What will affect bigger nations who are our customers will affect us. It's about to get worse. Prophecies don't fail. Unless nations embrace God.
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by PastorAIO: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2011
I've just read this tweet from the Occupy London Stock exchange Movement:

@OccupyLSX: Its official we are occupying st pauls! The vicar has given his blessing and asked the police to move cheesy #occupylsx

I'm so proud that the church has agreed to support the protesters. For those who don't know what is happening this is what has been going on:

The plan was to gather together outside St. Paul's Cathedral and then march on LSE (london Stock exchange). The police blocked the path and kettled the people to return to St. Paul's. And yes they used violence. Then they said that the protestors would have to clear out by Sunday morning, this morning so that St. Paul's could have it's morning service, otherwise they would be forcibly removed. However The vicar @ St. Paul's has just said it is okay for the protesters to stay on the church grounds and it is the police who should move.

You can follow minute to minute progress of the protests here:
http://the-alternative.co.uk/news/occupy-london-live-streams-video/
Re: Okay, Let's Get Real Now. by nlMediator: 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^

The protests in the US have lacked a coherent message. Nobody can really tell what they exactly want. Could you enlighten us further on the London protest and their message - other than Wall Street or the City is bad?

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Hagee With Benny Hinn: Praying For War In The Name Of Jesus Start From 1:02 / How Many Will Burn In Hell? Are You Happy About It? / A Massage To Atheist,unbelievers And Persecutors Of Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.