Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal (41573 Views)

Fact Check: Did Obi Request 7 Weeks From Tribunal To Produce Witnesses? / Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - LP / Atiku Abubakar Is Not A Nigerian, APC Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Vixlot: 5:25pm On May 20, 2023
The Labour Party has said it will be calling 50 witnesses to testify against the victory of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, and will need seven weeks to get this done.

According to the party’s counsel, Awa Kalu, who addressed the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal (PEPT) in Abuja on Saturday, the duration is because the forensic investigation of the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) has yet to be carried out as directed by the court.

BVAS is an electronic device designed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to read permanent voter cards (PVCs) during elections for the verification of voters.

Secondly, Kalu said the petitioner is awaiting some documents requested for.

It was also agreed the star witnesses would need 30 minutes to demonstrate any electronic evidence.

That class of witnesses will be cross-examined for 20 minutes and five minutes will be for re-examination, while 10 minutes was allotted for other witnesses.

For the respondents, 20 minutes was allotted for the star witnesses and 30 minutes for cross-examination.

INEC said it had five witnesses set to testify in the Labour Party’s petition and proposed seven days to get it done.

The lead counsel of the commission, Abubakar Mahmoud, however, disagreed that there should be a separate time for demonstration of electronic evidence.

Roland Otaru, counsel to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, and the Vice President-elect, Kashim Shettima, proposed nine days to call their witnesses, excluding expert witnesses.

The APC aligned with the submission of Tinubu and Shettima’s counsel, adding that it would be presenting seven witnesses for nine days.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/20/tribunal-labour-party-enlists-50-witnesses-plans-forensic-investigation-of-bvas/

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Vixlot: 5:26pm On May 20, 2023
Lacking in seriousness looking for manhood

299 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by adekolaelect(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2023
Lobatan !!! from someone who want emergency Judgement!!!!! Even if you want 5 years we go give you . Although it is very difficult to get a lost mandate...

295 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by LeoDeKing: 5:30pm On May 20, 2023
Seven weeks to provide evidence? Like seriously.

Out of the window goes the missing manhood. What is paining pandora Obituary is the "shishi" he gave. Obviously, the con artist has cut some deals on how to recover those "shishi".

233 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by seanfer(m): 5:32pm On May 20, 2023
I hope this is a joke, election held almost 8 weeks ago and you still want to plead for another 7 weeks to gather witnesses?
Obi should be serious for once.... Your supporters were saying the case can be done with in 2 weeks I laugh...

303 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Vixlot: 5:33pm On May 20, 2023
adekolaelect:
Lobatan !!! from someone who want emergency Judgement!!!!! Even if you want 5 years we go give you . Although it is very difficult to get a lost mandate...
No mandate anywhere. ...it is manhood they are looking for

268 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Antimandatethie(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2023
TInubus nemesis Talking right now

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by seunowa(f): 5:35pm On May 20, 2023
Obi is an unserious boy. And his clueless followers are daft to see that.

288 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by darkwan: 5:36pm On May 20, 2023
you dont have your witnesses ready before going to court....

222 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by darkwan: 5:37pm On May 20, 2023
seunowa:
Obi is an unserious boy. And his clueless followers are daft to see that.

he no serious atall....
what a waste of money....

do this people think court cases is free....??

182 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by favor914: 5:39pm On May 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Seven weeks to provide evidence? Like seriously.

Out of the window goes the missing manhood. What is paining pandora Obituary is the "shishi" he gave. Obviously, the con artist has cut some deals on how to recover those "shishi".

The same clown wants television coverage for 7 weeks to make sure he remains relevant? Useless Man.

268 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by duro4chang(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2023
Chai! E for ask for 7 months! A sore loser.

218 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by favor914: 5:44pm On May 20, 2023
darkwan:
you dont have your witnesses ready before going to court....
Which independent minded person will go to court & stand on Peter Obi’s behalf when Tinubu has been sworn in as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, even his own LP party agents will not show up to testify?

The man is just looking for reasons to buy time, & save face.

236 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by DMerciful(m): 5:48pm On May 20, 2023
Witness from US regarding Tinubu's drug case and Amazon Web Services that host INEC servers will be called. They need time to book flight and come down.

Modified;

You want Tinubu to continue and think Obi is making a mistake and wasting his time at the tribunal, shouldn't you be happy? The fact that you're complaining that Obi is taking 7 weeks means you know he is on the right path. That's why you're uneasy

38 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:48pm On May 20, 2023
grin obi is a joke walai

All the obidients shouting rigging so he no see anyone drag out as witness

Oh, I forgot this is not nzogbu nzogbu show

174 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by jogojogo: 5:49pm On May 20, 2023
Could this be true?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Plasmolysis78(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2023
Ok. We'll wait Sir . Any devil assigned to steal our mandate will die in the next 9Days

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:50pm On May 20, 2023
jogojogo:
Could this be true?
was obi ever a serious person to you

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by SwissMass: 5:50pm On May 20, 2023
Which witnesses is he looking for when he has close to 30 millions igbos in Nigeria he can call

188 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:50pm On May 20, 2023
Plasmolysis78:
Ok. We'll wait Sir
but why not wait to get your acts together before you started shouting mandate was stolen

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by favor914: 5:51pm On May 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Witness from US regarding Tinubu's drug case and Amazon Web Services that host INEC servers will be called. They need time to book flight and come down.
Have they applied for Nigerian Visa, heard visa entry application can take up to 6 months o?

Well If they haven’t, then they should might as well forget entry, because no one is giving them any permit to enter Nigeria to testify any where, once Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been sworn in as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:52pm On May 20, 2023
SwissMass:
Which witnesses is he looking for when he has close to 30 millions igbos in Nigeria he can call
the guy is in this for the attention

That's why he said he would become president one day cos it's not in the current dispensation

He just wants to build attention till further notice

116 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Plasmolysis78(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
but why not wait to get your acts together before you started shouting mandate was stolen

Try to be having small sense na

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Ofemannnu: 5:52pm On May 20, 2023
grin
7 Weeks keh?
lol at its peak.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:53pm On May 20, 2023
Plasmolysis78:

Try to be having small sense na
does obi even have half

grin you call police begin ask for time to write case

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by sreamsense: 5:54pm On May 20, 2023
Is like Obi needs 7 weeks to induce lies and train them to be ready. Doesn't he know he will need witnesses before? All the obidients that were making noise, they rig, they rig; you means with all rehearsals since, no one is ready until 7 weeks?

110 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:54pm On May 20, 2023
sreamsense:
Is like Obi needs 7 weeks to induce lies and train them to be ready. Doesn't he know he will need witnesses before? All the obidients that were making noise, they rig, they rig; you means with all rehearsals since, no one is ready until 7 weeks?
lol

As soludo would put it, all na nzobu nzobu emotive dance

No substance just emotions and vibes

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by DMerciful(m): 5:55pm On May 20, 2023
Take 6 months for the common man but not that long for Oyibos
favor914:
Have they applied for Nigerian Visa, heard visa entry application can take up to 6 months o?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Ofemannnu: 5:56pm On May 20, 2023
DMerciful:
You seem to know more than him.
Are you also his lawyer?

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by NzogbuNzogbu: 5:59pm On May 20, 2023
The President-elect, Tinubu, through his lawyer, Roland Otaru, SAN, said he would require nine days to call a total of 21 witnesses, excluding expert witnesses, to defend his election victory.

In the same way, counsel for the APC, Niyi Akintola, SAN, said the party would call only seven witnesses, excluding those to be subpoenaed, to testify in the matter

Na apc con serious pass the clowns that carried them to court

132 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by favor914: 6:00pm On May 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Take 6 months for the common man but not that long for Oyibos
The official that issues that visa will find himself back at The Ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja.

Embassy Man: Reason for visit to Nigeria, Oyibo: invitation by opposition party pdp & Lp to testify @ election tribunal in Abuja?

Have you ever been to Nigeria before? No.

Application denied for security reasons under the Terrorism Prevention Act 2017.

116 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Sacked Abba Months After APC Asked For It!!! / Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians / #NEPAWahala Is Trending On Twitter: Funny Tweets And Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.