Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola (21654 Views)

Passport Home Delivery Begins February 2024 — Interior Minister / Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China / Reps Take Delivery Of Exotic Cars, Begin Distribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by tenpipsperday: 2:00pm On May 21, 2023
The way they have started producing helicopter parts as they boasted.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Ajisebioyolaari: 2:17pm On May 21, 2023
Blue3k:
Finally , I've been saying they should been doing this. Nigerian agencies should learn to be more efficient.
I remember you've mentioned this. I had a meeting with the PMG earlier this year and discussed this with him. Good to know that it's yielding some results. We will get there.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by pongwa(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2023
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Ifihanoluwa44: 2:33pm On May 21, 2023
It can never happen... maybe coming generation..
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by delishpot: 2:47pm On May 21, 2023
Another money chopping adventure
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by ghettochild4u(m): 2:51pm On May 21, 2023
Story Story
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by MasterTeeUSA: 3:00pm On May 21, 2023
with few days left...this Aregbesola...I can't stand him at all. *Empty barrel make the loudest noise*

ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-to-begin-home-delivery-of-passports-soon-aregbesola/
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by fash78(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2023
It is a mystery to me why those who are renewing their Nigeria passport still need to physically go to Immigration office for capturing (biometric). This is truly the road block and why it is taking forever to renew Nigeria passport. I really need someone to educate me why this is so in Nigeria. I have renewed my Canadian passport at least once and my kids a couple of times. Each time, I only fill the application forms in the comfort of my home, send the form to passport office with my payment details while I wait for the passport to be mailed back to me (average of 6 weeks). I have Jamaican friends who told me their country have similar process to Canada for passport renewal. They do not need to visit their Country embassy or high commission before renewing their passport. I am not sure there are other countries using the same approach as Nigeria whereby for passport renewal you need to be physically present for data capturing/biometrics again. Please I need to be educated why this is so for our country.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Blue3k(m): 3:12pm On May 21, 2023
Ajisebioyolaari:
I remember you've mentioned this. I had a meeting with the PMG earlier this year and discussed this with him. Good to know that it's yielding some results. We will get there.

Yes they are. They should also include other government issued documents like Drivers licenses. They always asking for address so they should make use of the information.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by HenryWilliams(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2023
fash78:
It is a mystery to me why those who are renewing their Nigeria passport still need to physically go to Immigration office for capturing (biometric). This is truly the road block and why it is taking forever to renew Nigeria passport. I really need someone to educate me why this is so in Nigeria. I have renewed my Canadian passport at least once and my kids a couple of times. Each time, I only fill the application forms in the comfort of my home, send the form to passport office with my payment details while I wait for the passport to be mailed back to me (average of 6 weeks). I have Jamaican friends who told me their country have similar process to Canada for passport renewal. They do not need to visit their Country embassy or high commission before renewing their passport. I am not sure there are other countries using the same approach as Nigeria whereby for passport renewal you need to be physically present for data capturing/biometrics again. Please I need to be educated why this is so for our country.

How else do you expect them to exploit the system if not by frustrating the process..
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by BennyDGreat: 3:17pm On May 21, 2023
fash78:

Corruption. That's all. Corruption.
To solicit for money from people, they need to physically interact with people. So, if it becomes virtual with technology canceling the physical interaction, it stops all the illegal monies they make
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by idonhammer: 3:22pm On May 21, 2023
They are not leaving, we still have case in court and only court can decide who should take over.

Lexusgs430:
9 days to leaving power....... This useless man loves to put people's emotions on cruise control.......
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by badonkadonk: 3:22pm On May 21, 2023
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-to-begin-home-delivery-of-passports-soon-aregbesola/

You that have 7 days to go, before you vacate office....
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by mercysamuelson(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2023
Many passports go lost on it's way to its owner. I prefer to go dem office for collection rather.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by thisisit: 4:13pm On May 21, 2023
SCAM ALERT
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by worried222: 4:16pm On May 21, 2023
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by worried222: 4:21pm On May 21, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Corruption. That's all. Corruption.
To solicit for money from people, they need to physically interact with people. So, if it becomes virtual with technology canceling the physical interaction, it stops all the illegal monies they make
Aptly said.
Same thing happened with the last presidential election. Technology was introduced to eliminate manual transmission from the polling stations but wicked politicians bribed inec so that human factor will be used to rig the election.
I’m tired of Nigeria.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Kaymansion(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2023
joyandfaith:
Alawada
cheesy kerikeri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Bimpe29: 4:52pm On May 21, 2023
As if there is a proper and reliable street naming and number.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Blue3k(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2023
Bimpe29:
As if there is a proper and reliable street naming and number.

That's your local government fault. Talk to the them if that issue bothers.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Primusinterpares(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2023
Future Impossible Tense.

Its not like i am a pessimist on this o. But talking from experience.

So i needed to renew my passport. I learnt that i can actually do the payment and application forms online. Na so i follow o. I got my appointment date and was like... Wao. This is so good to be true... Appointment date came and I went to their festac office. Omor... Na there wahala start. You need to see corruption in person at that office.

Those of us that went through the online route were treated like trash. While those that applied through one oga or the other were quickly attended to. I met one of the those agents and on our discussion she blauntly told me that the servicom route will take up to six months to get my passport. That i should go through the proxy agent as its fast and reliable that also the proxy agent are all working for one Oga or the other. Ended up spending the whole day there with nothing to show. I never still do the capturing till date.

Imagine a system where the people that are supposed to work for us are the ones working against the system. How country wan take better?

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Fearyourcreator: 5:17pm On May 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:
9 days to leaving power....... This useless man loves to put people's emotions on cruise control.......
They will start from somewhere na
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by jeff1980(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2023
With those criminals you called Immigration Officers? Those Nigerian Immigration Staffs are far worst than Nigerian Police.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by juman(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2023
I dont believe it.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Menclothing: 6:32pm On May 21, 2023
This is cool if it’s possible

Buy men clothing Europe at low import price pay on delivery
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by tunmoj(m): 11:41pm On May 21, 2023
NIPOST
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by BennyDGreat: 9:04am On May 22, 2023
worried222:

Aptly said.
Same thing happened with the last presidential election. Technology was introduced to eliminate manual transmission from the polling stations but wicked politicians bribed inec so that human factor will be used to rig the election.
I’m tired of Nigeria.

This Nigeria system of corruption isn't as strong as we think. The righteous fighting corruption just need to be more in the system, occupying strategic position and we would see the corrupt system crumble
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by grandstar(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2023
Blue3k:

Yes they are. They should also include other government issued documents like Drivers licenses. They always asking for address so they should make use of the information.

Are you sure it won't get missing?

If they are to do so, I think it should be a premium service where it would be sent by courier and only dropped if there's a 100% guarantee the passport will be received by the recipient.

I forgot my passport at the British consulate in Lagos. It was transferred to Ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja the next day. When I got to Abuja, dem say dem no see am.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Blue3k(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2023
grandstar:

Are you sure it won't get missing?

If they are to do so, I think it should be a premium service where it would be sent by courier and only dropped if there's a 100% guarantee the passport will be received by the recipient.

I forgot my passport at the British consulate in Lagos. It was transferred to Ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja the next day. When I got to Abuja, dem say dem no see am.

Millions of packages are mailed every year without going missing. I'm pretty sure this will be no different. If things go wrong lock these fools up away for a decade. Couring services aren't very hard to safe guard. It just has to be signed off whenever it changes hands. That's how Amazon prime works. That's ome way it can be 100% nothing goes wrong.
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by grandstar(m): 11:46am On May 26, 2023
Blue3k:

Millions of packages are mailed every year without going missing. I'm pretty sure this will be no different. If things go wrong lock these fools up away for a decade. Couring services aren't very hard to safe guard. It just has to be signed off whenever it changes hands. That's how Amazon prime works. That's ome way it can be 100% nothing goes wrong.

Early in the OBJ presidency, there was this guy hired to oversee NIPOST.

Anytime a parcel got missing, someone lost their job. Suddenly, no laptops or any parcel got missing. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"We Will Retire Atiku To Fombina" - VP Shettima Jokes After Tribunal Victory / Reno Omokri's Reply To Peter Obi's Post About Ukraine's Grain / Hakeem Bamgbola: Nigerians Will Elect Tinubu As President In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.