Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,981 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? (970 Views)

For Those Of You Who Thinks America Is Heaven, Read This Please. / Buhari: Anybody Who Thinks He Has Any Other Country Than Nigeria, Goodbye / Saraki Looking At Buhari At APC Convention This Way Again (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Sermwell(m): 11:50pm On May 21, 2023
I don't think someone from my tribe becoming the president of Nigeria will automatically make my life better. I see alot of people trade insults or even loose friends just to support thier tribes person to become president irrespective of the person's intentions.

For instance, Jonathan's or even Buhari's presidency in my opinion did not in anyway better the life of the people in Bayelsa and Katsina respectively. There's this trending video where someone was saying..."even road to otuoke no dey". And alot of people lost their lives in Katsina and even some communities were sacked by bandits impossing taxes, while Buhari sits as president. Even Buhari himself needed more security to visit his hometown.

Personally, from far away Edo State, I made more money and living my best life through out Buhari's government. And I'm not from Katsina State.

My question now is, am I the only one who thinks my tribesman becoming president, doesn't automatically make my life better? Or is there more to it when some people hurl insults and fight tooth and nail for thier tribesman to become president??

CC: seun
CC: lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:56pm On May 21, 2023
sadly you are talking to very primitive people.... primitive people who dont see Nigeria as ONE, but instead as one tribe vs the other. these primitive people really do believe that a president of a certain tribe will first and foremost support his tribesman or states vs the other. these primitive people dont understand that a president is working for ALL NIGERIA/NIGERIANS.

but then again, when you have primitive people voting, no wonder they elected YEYE GOOD FOR NOTHING PRESDIENTS ATTACHED TO MAFIA LIKE POLITICAL PARTIES. since its independence, Nigeria had nothing but yeye good for nothing presidents, driven by yeye useless good for nothing political parties out to enrich themselves.

6 Likes

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by SwissMass: 12:03am On May 22, 2023
Very true, especially a particular tribe, they think they are entitled to presidency, it is their birth right, when it is not given to them, they start to constitute nuisance and insulting everyone that is against their candidate, they gave over 95% of their votes to their tribesman despite 17 people contested the election, their own is better than others, their give states was given to their own, and in other regions, they are open minded to him and he won some states

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by JTwelve: 12:12am On May 22, 2023
Sermwell:
I don't think someone from my tribe becoming the president of Nigeria will automatically make my life better. I see alot of people trade insults or even loose friends just to support thier tribes person to become president irrespective of the person's intentions.

For instance, Jonathan's or even Buhari's presidency in my opinion did not in anyway better the life of the people in Bayelsa and Katsina respectively. There's this trending video where someone was saying..."even road to otuoke no dey". And alot of people lost their lives in Katsina and even some communities were sacked by bandits impossing taxes, while Buhari sits as president. Even Buhari himself needed more security to visit his hometown.

Personally, from far away Edo State, I made more money and living my best life through out Buhari's government. And I'm not from Katsina State.

My question now is, am I the only one who thinks my tribesman becoming president, doesn't automatically make my life better? Or is there more to it when some people hurl insults and fight tooth and nail for thier tribesman to become president??

The average Nigerian is a low-quality human who cannot even think for himself...all those logical postulations you're making is totally beyond his capacity.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Holybaddo: 1:01am On May 22, 2023
In DIVIDED we stand as a Nation
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Holybaddo: 1:01am On May 22, 2023
Get money get the hell out of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Jogs1900: 1:07am On May 22, 2023
This is the answer you need.

Buhari is different from Jonathan.
Buharis changed the life of his nephew Tunde sabiu a recharge card seller to a billionaire.

These are projects sited in Daura alone talk less of Katsina state.
https://www.legit.ng/nigeria/1472037-buharis-hometown-transformation-list-projects-establishments-daura/

2 Likes

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by chatinent: 1:47am On May 22, 2023
That’s what people fail to understand.

Tribal politics will not still benefit you. It only adds to the portfolio of the politician.

And guess what?

All politicians are the same.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Ahmed0336(m): 2:14am On May 22, 2023
Gbamsolutely.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by optionalY09: 3:10am On May 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
sadly you are talking to very primitive people.... primitive people who dont see Nigeria as ONE, but instead as one tribe vs the other. these primitive people really do believe that a president of a certain tribe will first and foremost support his tribesman or states vs the other. these primitive people dont understand that a president is working for ALL NIGERIA/NIGERIANS.

but then again, when you have primitive people voting, no wonder they elected YEYE GOOD FOR NOTHING PRESDIENTS ATTACHED TO MAFIA LIKE POLITICAL PARTIES. since its independence, Nigeria had nothing but yeye good for nothing presidents, driven by yeye useless good for nothing political parties out to enrich themselves.

You can’t blame the people sir/ma. Blame it on insensitive leaderships of this country, they have failed in laying positive precedence to encourage who we should be (one black family determined energize the world positively) instead they divide people alone religious, tribe and family entitlements. Unless we stop these bullshit and start seeing africans instead of seeing Jesus and Muhammed before humanity. We will remain backward apes forever!
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by dododawa1: 3:36am On May 22, 2023
Common in ONE particular tribe, everyone's knows them.

1 Like

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Raskimonojendor: 3:40am On May 22, 2023
Sermwell:

You only need to look at a particular region that gave almost 100% of their votes to one candidate.
Tribal politics 101.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Chuksyno(m): 4:21am On May 22, 2023
TRY AND SEE is the force behind being convinced. A particular tribe have not tested presidency and they believe it's their right to support one of their own for the number one job and see if it will benefit them or not. You will have to fence your compound first before thinking of fencing that of your neighbour.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Sonyboom: 4:38am On May 22, 2023
This is the reason why as an Igbo I do not want Obi Pandora as my president because he is from my region the criminal can not grow Anambra IGR for solid 8 years, all his fraudulent investment are worth nothing now yet the bastard looted n looted leaving billions in debt

Sermwell:

3 Likes

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Sermwell(m): 6:41am On May 22, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

You only need to look at a particular region that gave almost 100% of their votes to one candidate.
Tribal politics 101.
Is that not enough to know that someone being from your region doesn't translate that such person will be good to you?
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Sermwell(m): 6:46am On May 22, 2023
Jogs1900:
This is the answer you need.

Buhari is different from Jonathan.
Buharis changed the life of his nephew Tunde sabiu a recharge card seller to a billionaire.

These are projects sited in Daura alone talk less of Katsina state.
https://www.legit.ng/nigeria/1472037-buharis-hometown-transformation-list-projects-establishments-daura/
We are not even talking about relatives or family members. How many times did you see sabi'u campaigning for Buhari? We are talking about those from the same region or tribesmen with Buhari. How has it bettered thier lives? We don't even get to hear that Daura is now a mega city because thier son is now president.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Jogs1900: 7:13am On May 22, 2023
Sermwell:

We are not even talking about relatives or family members. How many times did you see sabi'u campaigning for Buhari? We are talking about those from the same region or tribesmen with Buhari. How has it bettered thier lives? We don't even get to hear that Daura is now a mega city because thier son is now president.
Who will be the beneficiaries of the mega projects listed in this link if not the people of Daura.

Go through it.
With all these mega projects, ,the standard of living of Daura people has increased.

1 Like

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Bahamas95(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2023
Those who believe leadership is their birthday are still the ones living with animals in the bush, some are in traffic constituting nuisance to society by begging.......The remaining few are the elites who don't even give a damn about their existence.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Sermwell(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2023
Jogs1900:

Who will be the beneficiaries of the mega projects listed in this link if not the people of Daura.

Go through it.
With all these mega projects, ,the standard of living of Daura people has increased.
Are all these projects already in existence or it's just a list?
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Jogs1900: 8:00am On May 22, 2023
Sermwell:

Are all these projects already in existence or it's just a list?
They are already in existence...Not a list.
See Buhari is different from Obj and Jonathan that did nothing for their people.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by theophorus(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2023
Well, you may have to ask the People who took the elections personal and were bullying anyone and everyone who do not support their Candidate.

They hijack a particular party and almost turn it to a tribal party and have keep on attempting to malign others.

Well, Love is Lost amongst them.

1 Like

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2023
optionalY09:

You can’t blame the people sir/ma. Blame it on insensitive leaderships of this country, they have failed in laying positive precedence to encourage who we should be (one black family determined energize the world positively) instead they divide people alone religious, tribe and family entitlements. Unless we stop these bullshit and start seeing africans instead of seeing Jesus and Muhammed before humanity. We will remain backward apes forever!

i will always blame the people who sit and watch while these same elected individuals rob/steal their destiny.....dont you think thats its funny that people just do nothingwhile these bastards elected officials defraud Nigeria of its natural ressources for their own selfish agenda?!

- why cant Nigerians go to the streets and protest like they did during endsars? is endsars more important than the future/existence of Nigeria?
- why cant Nigerians go to the streets and protest like they did during South African ressentment (after South Africans were killing Nigerians in SA)?? is SA treatment of Nigerians more important than the future/existence of Nigeria?
- why cant Nigerians go to the streets and protest like they did when some yeye coza pastor was accused of rape? are coza pastors more important than the future/existence of Nigeria?
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by Houseontherock1: 5:24pm On May 22, 2023
Some people gave 95% of their votes to a man because he's their kinsman...no other ethnic group in Nigeria did that in 2023 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by aariwa(m): 7:38pm On May 22, 2023
A man that can’t climb 5 steps , no exceptional achievement during his 8 years as governor even left not empty coffers but debt to fashola, no personal improvement or education in his life in past 20 years as godfather of Lagos..more like pre 2015 buhari,a man his supporters tout as the best appointer of capable hands pointed to el Rufai In Chatham house when asked a question on how to fight insecurity, last week tribune newspaper mentioned that one of the leading technocrats he is touting to lead his economic team as minister is Ganduje..we heard same from tribune on buhari in 2015 and thought it was a joke but it happened and for 8 years of the most incompetent government in Africa goes to show that Asiwaju is not only unaware of himself but have decayed terribly mentally and physically in the past few years since the time he and buhari met themselves in hospital beds in London , he couldn’t build a single hospital in a state he was godfather for 20 years is now seen by tribalists as their messiah due to hate, bitterness and envy
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by optionalY09: 1:15am On May 23, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

i will always blame the people who sit and watch while these same elected individuals rob/steal their destiny.....dont you think thats its funny that people just do nothingwhile these bastards elected officials defraud Nigeria of its natural ressources for their own selfish agenda?!

- why cant Nigerians go to the streets and protest like they did during endsars? is endsars more important than the future/existence of Nigeria?
- why cant Nigerians go to the streets and protest like they did during South African ressentment (after South Africans were killing Nigerians in SA)?? is SA treatment of Nigerians more important than the future/existence of Nigeria?
- why cant Nigerians go to the streets and protest like they did when some yeye coza pastor was accused of rape? are coza pastors more important than the future/existence of Nigeria?

Fear of death, protest hasn’t solve much problems in Nigeria rather it creates more problems.

May be a well coordinated silent type of revolution would work.
Re: Politics; Am I The Only One Who Thinks This Way? by optionalY09: 1:17am On May 23, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

My friend!

I don’t like protest!!

I like War!!! .. war against wrong doers

(1) (Reply)

Misconception That Nigeria Is Going To War With Niger / Is South East A Barren Land Let’s Find Out / I Witnessed A Batified Member Renouncing His Membership Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.