Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates (1148 Views)

APGA Recorded Victory In FCT Council Poll / Kogi Gov Poll: PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Police Harassment Of Members / Agbaje's Entry Jolts Lagos PDP Aspirants, Begin Guber bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 28, 2011
Ahead of the forthcoming elections into local government and local council development areas, aspirants in the Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are protesting alleged plans to impose candidates on the party

To ventilate their anger, some of the aspirants, on Monday, protested plans by some forces within the party to impose candidates, especially in Alimosho Local Government Area and its five other LCDAs.

Party members, numbering over 500, carried placards with various inscriptions, urging the PDP leadership in the local government and the state to allow direct primaries to pick their preferred candidates.

Specifically, they accused the local government chapter of the party of showing preference for non-members at the expense of members, with the protesting members stating that they would vote against the party if transparency was not observed in the process of picking candidates.

Speaking on behalf of others, a chairmanship aspirant for Agbado-Oke-Odo LCDA, Alhaja Tawa Oyebamiji-Bakare, said the leadership of the party in the local government had decided to flout PDP’s rules on selection of candidates, by hand picking standard-bearers.

Also, non-indigenes, on Monday, protested attempts by some highly placed leaders to exclude them and their candidates from participating in the forthcoming polls.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/28782-lagos-council-poll-pdp-aspirants-protest-imposition-of-candidates
Re: Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by Gbawe: 11:53am On Sep 28, 2011
My brother, this is why I don't bother responding to the bigots and nuisances running around the forum shouting my name whenever the ACN is mentioned. As if I ever stated , anywhere, that the Party is perfect. If some like, they can continue to play Ostrich but it is clear the ACN is a better Political Party than the PDP[b] by any index of comparison [/b].

Look at even the recent elections in the SW. Who were the candidates of the PDP in comparison to those of the ACN? Alao Akala and Olurin versus Ajimobi and Amosun respectively? I dey laff. A roll call of post SW PDP Governors reads like a list of the most corrupt and most inept individuals to ever have participated in Nigerian politics i.e Fayose, Agagu, Oni, Gbenga Daniel, Oyinlola et al. Abeg, it ain't Rocket Science. The ACN will not begin producing pious Saints overnight , because Nigerian Politics cannot currently accommodate those sort of people, but they deliberately seek the participation of decent folks , still able to foster development, in contrast to how the PDP has a penchant for recruiting grossly corrupt thieves, thugs and misrulers. To me , the ACN provides the best alternative before the birth of "the beautiful ones".
Re: Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by ektbear: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
PDP again undecided
Re: Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by Beaf: 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
Gbawe:

My brother, this is why I don't bother responding to the bigots and nuisances running around the forum shouting my name whenever the ACN is mentioned. As if I ever stated , anywhere, that the Party is perfect. If some like, they can continue to play Ostrich but it is clear the ACN is a better Political Party than the PDP[b] by any index of comparison [/b].

Look at even the recent elections in the SW. Who were the candidates of the PDP in comparison to those of the ACN? Alao Akala and Olurin versus Ajimobi and Amosun respectively? I dey laff. A roll call of post SW PDP Governors reads like a list of the most corrupt and most inept individuals to ever have participated in Nigerian politics i.e Fayose, Agagu, Oni, Gbenga Daniel, Oyinlola et al. Abeg, it ain't Rocket Science. The ACN will not begin producing pious Saints overnight , because Nigerian Politics cannot currently accommodate those sort of people, but they deliberately seek the participation of decent folks , still able to foster development, in contrast to how the PDP has a penchant for recruiting grossly corrupt thieves, thugs and misrulers. To me , the ACN provides the best alternative before the birth of "the beautiful ones".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

[size=14pt]Council poll: Protest rocks Lagos over ‘imposition of candidates’[/size]
On September 27, 2011
By OLASUNKANMI AKONI & IFEANYI OKOLIE

IKEJA—Ahead of the October 22 local government election in Lagos State, hundreds of aggrieved members of the Action Congress of Nigeria, [size=14pt]ACN[/size], yesterday, stormed the party secretariat in Ogba, Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa, and took to the major streets in Isolo Local Government Area to protest alleged imposition of candidates.

The state party had, Monday, released the names of candidates to be fielded in the council polls in the 20 local government areas and 37 local council development areas.

The protesters, who accused state party chairman, Chief Henry Ajomale, of not following due process, called on the party’s National Leader, Senator Bola Tinubu, Governor Babatunde Fashola and members of the state assembly to intervene immediately. failing which they would disrupt the polls.

Also, major streets in Isolo LCDA witnessed massive protest as aggrieved residents, traditional chiefs and politicians stormed the Osolo of Isolo palace to register their grievances.

[size=14pt]Market women and men, including traditional cult, popularly known as “Osugbo” trooped to the streets to invoke evil spirits at a junction called “Orita Esu” (devil’s junction) in Isolo [/size]with various placards to show their grievances against the imposition of one Shamsudeen Olaleye, against the popular choice of Mojeed Adam as the party’s candidate for the coming council poll.

The protesters, who walked from Isolo Bus- Stop to the palace of Osolo of Isolo, Oba Kabiru Agbabiaka, said the party did not hold primaries but arbitrarily chose Olaleye, the incumbent chairman, as the candidate for the forthcoming election.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/council-poll-protest-rocks-lagos-over-%e2%80%98imposition-of-candidates%e2%80%99/
Re: Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2011
Politicians are the same.
Re: Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by ektbear: 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2011
hmm
Re: Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by EkoIle1: 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
Gbawe:

My brother, this is why I don't bother responding to the bigots and nuisances running around the forum shouting my name whenever the ACN is mentioned.

But why even pay attention to the clown and his many silly IDs? People fall for the same crooked games by this clown, he starts dumb threads with his bogus IDs and when you respond, he shows up with his usual clownish and juvenile routine, it's the same okie dokie move.

Btw, what the big deal here? Political parties all over the world including many democracies selects the best candidates to go against the position and if you don't like your party's process, go to the next political party, it's a free country.
Re: Lagos Council Poll: Pdp Aspirants Protest Imposition Of Candidates by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

But why even pay attention to the clown and his many silly IDs? People fall for the same crooked games by this clown, he starts dumb threads with his bogus IDs and when you respond, he shows up with his usual clownish and juvenile routine, it's the same okie dokie move.

Btw, what the big deal here? Political parties all over the world including many democracies selects the best candidates to go against the position and if you don't like your party's process, go to the next political party, it's a free country.

Guy, it's not Beaf that started this thread o. shocked I started it to tell those shouting about acn that they also have the problem in pdp.

(1) (Reply)

Ajimobi Employs 20,000 Youths / Aregbesola Causes Uproar •attacks Obj, Mimiko At Afenifere Meeting In Lagos ! / Lokoja Curfew: How Is It Affecting Travellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.