Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education (3030 Views)

Gej's Top 7 Most Memorable Electoral Promises / Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State / Jonathan And His Misplaced Priorities-Akwa Ibom Staduim Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by mukina2: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2011
The plight of the common man is my priority and this is the reason why I have ensured that education and healthcare get the lion's share of the capital allocation in the 2011 budget. And though we are not there yet, we are seeing some results. For instance, I just returned from the UN where that world body confirmed that maternal mortality in Nigeria has reduced by 42% between 2008-2011. This is only a beginning as this administration is committed to doing all within available resources to ensure the well being of the common man. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2011
what about all those promises you made in your campaign, are you gonna fulfill them when you get your 7 year tenure?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Kx: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
we are seeing some results. For instance, I just returned from the UN where that world body confirmed that maternal mortality in Nigeria has reduced by 42% between 2008-2011.

When did he assume  office again?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
lol, i hate when they say something is top priority. Expect lots of money and no benefits.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Demdem(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
One thing is clear, the president enjoys foreign commendation than those that voted him to power
1) Obama commended me, Nigerians arent grateful
2) SA commended me, Nigerians arent
3) Guinea/gambia (whatever) commended me, Nigerians arent
and now
4) UN seems to be commending me.

Mr President, Charity Begins at home.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Ournaija: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2011
Is he trying to dodge that BIG monster ELECTRICITY ? grin
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by lifestyle1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2011
Why not ELECTRICITY AND EMPLOYMENT ? undecided angry
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Arosa(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
Ournaija:

grin grin grin
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by chriswely: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2011
Can someone plz tell GEJ our biggest need is for him to cripple corruption and our want is 24hrs electricity. He got Aunty and Sanusi to tk care of the economic,
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
How do u take care of all that when the economy is not taken cared of, how do u take care of that when we have no light?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
Ournaija:

life_style:
Why not ELECTRICITY AND EMPLOYMENT ? undecided angry

chriswely:
Can someone plz tell GEJ our biggest need is for him to cripple corruption and our want is 24hrs electricity. He got Aunty and Sanusi to tk care of the economic,

Fhemmmy:
How do u take care of all that when the economy is not taken cared of, how do u take care of that when we have no light?

Okay, now where is BEAF? I mentioned Nigerians not having power in another thread and he said electricity is "all good". Make he come see your comments.

If light isn't NUMBER 1 on GEJ's list, then he's a loser. Like trying to fix a wooden home with nails but no hammer.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by moderatorr: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
so far(in this thread), nobody has made any point.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^ Where's your own?

How can there be quality healthcare when there's no stable power? How can there be quality education when there's no stable power? What other point do you need?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by cinzo: 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
GEJ! GEJ!! GEJ!!! How many times I call you? My prayer for you is may you not be the last president of Nigeria!
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2011
ogugua88:

Okay, now where is BEAF? I mentioned Nigerians not having power in another thread and he said electricity is "all good". Make he come see your comments.

If light isn't NUMBER 1 on GEJ's list, then he's a loser. Like trying to fix a wooden home with nails but no hammer.

I agree with you, cos without light, how would the student read, and the clinics will be running on generator polluting the air . . .so it is a backwards agenda . . . .
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by moderatorr: 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2011
ogugua88:

^^^^ Where's your own?

How can there be quality healthcare when there's no stable power? How can there be quality education when there's no stable power? What other point do you need?
ogugua88:

^^^^ Where's your own?

your opinion has not nullified the fact that there is 42 percent reduction in maternal mortality, nor the fact there is significant improvement in power supply which an earlier thread had people confirming it. If you were not an imbe.cile i would have asked you if Johnathan was wrong by letting us know about his commitment to healthcare. Lets just hope GEj's education sector investments will help people like you.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2011
moderatorr:

your opinion has not nullified the fact that there is 42 percent reduction in maternal mortality, nor the fact there is significant improvement in power supply which an earlier thread had people confirming it. If you were not an imbe.cile i would have asked you if Johnathan was wrong by letting us know about his commitment to healthcare. Lets just hope GEj's education sector investments will help people like you.

I will like to know where the improvement of electricty is oh, cos the last time i called Nigeria in some areas, they have not seen even "half current" for the last 3 days, so where is the improvement . . . .How much power do we generate in Nigeria in a nation of 150M people?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by nduchucks: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2011
One would have though that Security would have been the highest priority.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
ndu_chucks:

One would have though that Security would have been the highest priority.

That is another good one . . . .
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by marcus1234: 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2011
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by kokogee: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2011
ASUU strike is a confirmation of GEJ's prioritising education shocked
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Beaf: 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2011
moderatorr:

Isn't it funny how people abroad are the ones telling those at home that power supply has not improved?
Its really hard not to laugh at the irony.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2011
moderatorr:

Has it reached the level of insults already?

Why should I be glad that he's committed to healthcare? Most advances in healthcare are technological advances. Machines. Machines run on power last time I checked.

My aunt died from retained placenta two Saturdays ago. The only effective treatment of retained placenta is manual removal. To do so, the patient must be under anesthetics. When anesthetics are administered, the patient needs to be monitored. Monitors usually include an anesthesia machine, a breathing machine, and an EKG/heart monitor machine. What do machines need? A study flow of power. Imagine any of those machines going off during an operation.

Power is the first step for any kind of improvement, be it healthcare, education, roads, etc. That's a fact.

Beaf:
Isn't it funny how people abroad are the ones telling those at home that power supply has not improved?
Its really hard not to laugh at the irony.

I haven't been home right? I haven't experienced no power right? What's even funnier is that you told me to call folks at home to tell me how power is. I didn't call but I sent text messages. They complained. Depending on location, power still sucks. I saw people complaining in that thread to which you directed me. As Nigerians, never settle for less. You deserve an uninterrupted supply of power. Don't commend 50% improvement, not with an amenity as basic as power.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2011
WTF - his top priority ordinarily should be power - but right now, it should be security BOKO HARAM

kokogee:

ASUU strike is a confirmation of GEJ's prioritising education shocked

gej - he never fails to disappoint  sad
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
power has improved - but it only seems to be in Lagos - i hope its not some desperate long term capture lagos scheme - cause it won't work smiley
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2011
oyb:

power has improved - but it only seems to be in Lagos - i hope its not some desperate long term capture lagos scheme - cause it won't work smiley

What is your definition of improved . . . from not having light for one week to not having light for 5 working days? . . .constant electricity is not a gift from the leader, it is people right
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Beaf: 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
Education is a priority for all countries and Nigeria is no different, however past govts have let that sector rot to the extent that it is almost nonexistent, yet we are a developing country.

The lack of education has also negatively affected our security situation; to that end, the almajiri education programme is one of the most impactful policies any govt has designed in Nigeria. When it takes off, we should see a reduction in wanton murder, rioting and vandalism from the deprived and abused kids in the core-North.

There are 10.5 million almajiri's in the core-North. If almajiri's were to be a country, that number would make them number 80 out of 225 embarassed countries in the World http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population
If it was an African country, it would be number 25 of 54. embarassed
That is the enormity of the task we have in education and one more pressing reason (outside development) why it is a priority.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Beaf: 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
ogugua88:

I haven't been home right? I haven't experienced no power right? What's even funnier is that you told me to call folks at home to tell me how power is. I didn't call but I sent text messages. They complained. Depending on location, power still sucks. I saw people complaining in that thread to which you directed me. As Nigerians, never settle for less. You deserve an uninterrupted supply of power. Don't commend 50% improvement, not with an amenity as basic as power.

Of course 24/7 electricity will not take a week to accomplish. So why are you demanding the impossible when you thats not clever?
Power sucks, but the fact remains that across the board, there has been great improvement, in most places, it is tremendous.

Below is testimony from Zamfara. It is extremely easy to find similar from elsewhere (certainly not from abroad though wink).

[size=14pt]Gusau residents applaud PHCN[/size]
Friday, 23 September 2011

A cross-section of residents of Gusau, the capital of Zamfara State have commended the PHCN for enhanced power supply to the state.

The residents urged the PHCN management to sustain the feat, saying that they would never oppose any increase in tariff if the electricity supply remained steady.

One of the electricity consumers, Malam Bello Musa, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that President Goodluck Jonathan should give priority attention to efforts to fulfil his campaign promises, particularly those relating to stable power supply.

Musa stressed that steady power supply would help a lot in reviving closed or moribund industries across the country, adding that this would consequently create more jobs for the people, while improving the people’s living standards.

A housewife, Hajiya Larai Bala, however, expressed some reservations about the improved power supply situation.

``It is too early to make comments on it now; we need more time to see if the supply will remain stable,’’ she said.

Another consumer, Malam Ibrahim Tukur, however, said that the PHCN needed dedicated and honest officers to manage the affairs

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/community-news/28633-gusau-residents-applaud-phcn-
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^ Those countries you are talking about at least have light . .  .
How do student study in the dark . . . . when they are done with school who will hire them if there is no light to set up industries?
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
Beaf:

Of course 24/7 electricity will not take a week to accomplish. So why are you demanding the impossible when you thats not clever?
Power sucks, but the fact remains that across the board, there has been great improvement, in most places, it is tremendous.

Below is testimony from Zamfara. It is extremely easy to find similar from elsewhere (certainly not from abroad though wink).

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/community-news/28633-gusau-residents-applaud-phcn-

No one ever said 24/7 light will come and happen in one day, however, they ought to start from somewhere, and so far all other administrations have spent and nothing to show for it.
Even a little kid know we have all it takes, but they all have their own reason why they just not ready to take it happen
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by dabrake(m): 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
moderatorr:

your opinion has not nullified the fact that there is 42 percent reduction in maternal mortality, nor the fact there is significant improvement in power supply which an earlier thread had people confirming it. If you were not an imbe.cile i would have asked you if Johnathan was wrong by letting us know about his commitment to healthcare. !!!!! Lets just hope GEj's education sector investments will help people like you.
@1st bolded, u sabi book well wel. Clap 4 ur self. So u b.lived dat trash?
@2nd bolded, wen d dry season come, we shall knw d fact. Is it nt b.cuz of d frequent rainfalls that helps turn d HEP turbine @ kainji, jebba and shiroro?
@3rd bolded, gej posted dat info on his facebook page : he in4med only his fb fwends.
@4th bolded, itz rily helping us by spendin a wk without lectures. We wil surely rest our brains.
Re: GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education by Beaf: 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
Fhemmmy:

No one ever said 24/7 light will come and happen in one day, however, they ought to start from somewhere, and so far all other administrations have spent and nothing to show for it.
Even a little kid know we have all it takes, but they all have their own reason why they just not ready to take it happen

So why criticise the one that has something to show? Can you see where I'm coming from?
There are certainly area's where there could be improvements, but power supply is doing fine. Lets pray that we get close to 24/7 supply between 2012 and 2013, its quite possible at the current rate (depending on how fast the distribution grid is improved).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Achebe Has Pathological Hatred For Yoruba. Said Soyinka Stole His Mandate / Clarion Call To Legalise Marijuana And Cannabis In Nigeria - Ymodulus / Blind Ex-cbn Gov, Paul Oguma Confined To Abia Village Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.