Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) (5114 Views)

Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos / Al-Mustapha: 56 People Eating Nigeria Like Termites / Yerima Shettima: Amnesty Can Make Boko Haram Take Over Nigeria Like The Taliban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by stamapro(m): 10:20am On May 29, 2023
The so called three wise men in Nigeria.
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by toneroforever(m): 10:21am On May 29, 2023
accordadoga26:
FOR WHERE?

You see that man in the middle, na how to finish the whole food alone dey hin mind.

South-South Is missing here oo

Fix ur life abeg, the man in the middle is not the cause of ur frustrations.

If u pass through a tenth of what his great Igbo tribe passed through from 1967-'70 during the Biafran civil war & still pass through today: I doubt if u will come close to where he is today that attracts ur envy.

Hate him all u what, but u can't break the Igbo spirit. We are natural born survivors. God helped us to rise from the ashes & we'll keep rising no matter what.

I mean no disrespect to u or ur tribe but I thank God for His blessings on us.
Igbo amaka & I'm proud of my tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by sirchim(m): 10:24am On May 29, 2023
LagosG:
Politicians do it all the time. The thing they're eating is called National cake.
No b lie
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by richmond500: 10:25am On May 29, 2023
dodoatirice:
This is deep, i doubt it!
the majority shares everything while the minority stands and watch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by DaTruths: 10:31am On May 29, 2023
accordadoga26:
FOR WHERE?

You see that man in the middle, na how to finish the whole food alone dey hin mind.

They are doing it steady.

Ngige, Tinubu, Gandje. In APC

FFK, Deizani Alison Madueke, Namadi Sambo PDP.

We the masses are the Gullible ones.

It will shock you that many political igbos will benefit BAT government more than your father.

If you like don't have sense and know that we the masses are in one party, regardless of who the president is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by solmusdesigns: 10:35am On May 29, 2023
We all eat together Niger Delta oyel
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by JobNeededUrgent: 10:45am On May 29, 2023
accordadoga26:
FOR WHERE?

why are using a female account?

1 Like

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by JobNeededUrgent: 10:46am On May 29, 2023
richie240:

You are right.
Some ppl will vote for a goat (as in 'ewu', 'obuko') to rule over them so long as it was born in their region/can speak their language than even consider a donald Trump.

God bless President Tinubu.
God bless Nigeria!

haha haha grin

1 Like

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Chibuezem(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2023
Blakjewelry:

Yes. There are igbos who have some yorubas and Hausas as trusted friends. So there are Hausas and Yorubas that have the other tribes as trusted friends. Those who project tribalism are those who have never really mixed up outside their own circle hence project their own limitations.
Exactly bro
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Chibuezem(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2023
CharleyBright:
That picture is very very deep.
Not many people will understand it.

Succinctly put, the picture captures the hitherto Nigerian contraption before the 60's when the country was united and each tribe being his brothers keeper and when there was National unity and cohesion.

Now, Ngeria is so badly polarized on ethnic, religious and political divides and too fragile and almost impossible to even think of the situation where a Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani and an Igbo person will sit and eat together.
Today's generation have become too too toxic with hate and bitterness that has largely been fuelled by an insensitive and ethnically bias leader and selfish politicians. Whatever iota that was left of anything called unity in Nigeria have been completely eroded by the Buhari govt. It will take a daunting task by only a true National Patriot to mend fences and bring back unity in Nigeria.

However, the depth of of the picture goes far beyond that.
The the intrinsic value of 4th man in the picture is not to be overlooked.
Who is the 4th man in the picture??

Incidentally (and erroneously too), most Nigerians have come to think that Nigeria's structure is standing on a tripod made up of Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani and the Igbos (the 3 perceived dominant tribes). Erroneously, Nigeria is often defined along the 3 major ethnic tribes forgetting that there over 400 other tribes within Nigeria.
It is also seemingly like other ethnic tribes are either overlooked or at best have to play 2nd fiddle to the dominant tribes.

In the deep sense, the picture portrays the 4th man as other minor ethnic tribes that are forced to helplessly stand and watch the 3 dominant tribes always share the spoils amongst themselves and believe that they are the only tribes deserving to eat the National cake while other tribes must be sidelined. Hence, power and national cake sharing must always rotate between these 3 dominant tribes.
That is even a sadder reality of the contraption called Nigeria.
wonderful analysis
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Chibuezem(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
igbo man go dey plan how to take the plate run away .
igbo too sweet for your mouth
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Chibuezem(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2023
toneroforever:

Fix ur life abeg, the man in the middle is not the cause of ur frustrations.

If u pass through a tenth of what his great Igbo tribe passed through from 1967-'70 during the Biafran civil war & still pass through today: I doubt if u will come close to where he is today that attracts ur envy.

Hate him all u what, but u can't break the Igbo spirit. We are natural born survivors. God helped us to rise from the ashes & we'll keep rising no matter what.

I mean no disrespect to u or ur tribe but I thank God for His blessings on us.
Igbo amaka & I'm proud of my tribe.
I don't know what we've done to be seen as 2nd class citizens.
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Maxxim: 11:17am On May 29, 2023
Just like how people of color usually complain about racism, same way tribalism affects poor people, have to you ever been in circle of rich people from different tribes trust me tribalism has no way there.
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by micki1: 11:19am On May 29, 2023
Those three are not the only tribes in Nigeria. We have to see beyond this for Nigeria to be great.
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Rickmann: 11:34am On May 29, 2023
dodoatirice:

Yes we can..nothing is impossible but then, it begins with you and I.
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by kalufelix(m): 11:41am On May 29, 2023
Na so dem dey do am for abuja ...jobless youths exchanging hateful mentions no pass nairaland..but that is not to say that the country has hope..
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Baronthecelebri: 11:56am On May 29, 2023
No way
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by dreamxhaser: 12:14pm On May 29, 2023
Blakjewelry:

Yes. There are igbos who have some yorubas and Hausas as trusted friends. So there are Hausas and Yorubas that have the other tribes as trusted friends. Those who project tribalism are those who have never really mixed up outside their own circle hence project their own limitations.

Thank you

My friend cricle is made up of Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba. EBIRA, igala, and edo
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Mantilla(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2023
Yes outside Nigeria.
Nigerian are so united outside this zoo
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by TreasureJunky: 1:04pm On May 29, 2023
Future impossible tense
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by LOVEGINO(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2023
dodoatirice:
Hausas and the Yorubas are still eating together. Na d Igbos wash their hands comot.

1 Like

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by gssdobi: 1:42pm On May 29, 2023
Why you come give only the Hausa man 7up?

Nigeria no balance, even from your painting

1 Like

Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by philGeo(m): 2:38pm On May 29, 2023
LagosG:
Politicians do it all the time. The thing they're eating is called National cake.
I don't have money but I can afford bottle of Coca-Cola, you hit it.
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Patriotsleague: 2:45pm On May 29, 2023
It's like that, everyone can not be sane.
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by ukaface(f): 3:52pm On May 29, 2023
Never
Not in this life
Re: Can We Ever Have A Nigeria Like This (contains Graphic Photo) by Badb0y4lyf(m): 4:18pm On May 29, 2023
Only in NYSC, can you do this aside that close to impossible but Igbo and Yoruba get along well we still drink chop fish together yesterday but those Hausa are the problem there believes everything is different dey don’t even rent house when they come to Lagos dey alway band together and live like outcast.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Made $500million From Oil Block, But Didn’t Know How To Spend It —T.Y. Danjuma / BREAKING NEWS: Bola Tinubu Sends Out Mass Text Mgs Urging Supporters To Vote GEJ / See FFK In Prison When He Sniffed The Lies Of Lai Mohammed (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.