Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections (39115 Views)

Utomi, Aisha Yesufu, Falz, Others Plan Fresh ENDSARS, Anti-subsidy Protests / DSS Had Knowledge Of An Impending Attack On MKO Abiola Stadium - David Hundeyin / Cornflakes For Jihad: The Boko Haram Origin Story By David Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Racoon(m): 7:17am On May 31, 2023
Everytime I remember that my father paid £9,000/year for me to go to university and become a graduate, only for me to come out and take part in "Occupy Nigeria" in January 2012, I want to look at his picture and apologise to him.

Politically, that was our 'Original Sin.' That was where everything began. Buhari. Tinubu. APC. The Abuja NGO industrial complex. Nasir El-Rufai. Tolu Ogunlesi.

That ridiculous event was the genesis of the political momentum that these scammers rode into 2015. 200 million mumu.Time has cleared all of us, including me...☹️

There is no "subsidy money", that's the point. Nigeria is borrowing to pay a subsidy it cannot afford. If it stops paying this subsidy, there is no money that has been freed up anywhere - there's just less gbese to pay back. These are the things we didn't understand in 2012.
https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1663494884622233602?t=hAd54V5z3gSib7E09y0eOA&s=08

REACTIONS:

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Racoon(m): 7:18am On May 31, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7opQ3hmTlNs
Subsidy gulps N150 billion every month.” N150 billion is still less than the N200 billion monthly transport bonus bill the regime will pay to 400 million Nigerians.

In other words, Nigeria will spend more money on transport bonus to an amorphous, unidentifiable, and probably cooked-up 40 million poor Nigerians than the subsidies it says it pays on petroleum subsidies, which it says are too expensive to be sustainable. That makes absolutely no sense.

[/b]
The last time the Buhari regime increased fuel prices last year, it said it had completely done away with fuel subsidies and had left the price of petrol to the vagaries of demand and supply. Now, the regime’s honchos say again that the subsidy they said they’d completely removed, for which there was no allocation in the 2021 budget, must be removed again! ....."
https://gazettengr.com/farooq-kperogi-same-old-cruel-lies-to-justify-fuel-price-hike/

Where are all these fellas now? Why are they no talking anymore and have gone deaf and dumb in the past 8 years and now? Abi they no be social masses crusaders again?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Racoon(m): 7:18am On May 31, 2023
Where are the then said baba but now Tinubu’s zombies here? They postponed the evil days since 2014 with their occupy Nigeria Ojota and Save Nigeria Abuja protests thinking they are harming Jonathan.

Meanwhile, they thave been committing the same subsidy fraud for 8 years. So they must face the consequences today. Ndi ala supported by mummified zombies.

More:

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by NobleSeed(m): 7:18am On May 31, 2023
cool

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Redoil: 7:19am On May 31, 2023
fcjhg

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by LagosFirstSon: 7:20am On May 31, 2023
Tinubu first mission was to inflict pain on Nigerians but God will disgrace him

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Racoon(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA
“Who is subsidizing who?” Now, Nigeria have so much accumulated humongous debts from monies embezzled under his government disguised as paying subsidy under his watch.

"How Buhari spent N8trn on ‘non-existent’ petrol subsidies"
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/how-buhari-spent-n8trn-on-non-existent-petrol-subsidies/

Then one is tempted to ask what was Buhari, Tinubu, and co thinking in 2014 when they organised Ojota and Abuja "occupy/save Nigeria" protests based on lies and propaganda to demonise a government that meant Nigeria well on this same issue? Blood wicked hypocrites

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by inoki247: 7:21am On May 31, 2023
The shiit should av gone then I guess Alot of people just followed the crowd den they don't know the meaning of what theyre protesting against..

A society where you've more illiterate than literate expect people been easily brainwashed even the literate act like illiterate....

Imagine this 2023 people can't go online du dere study on each Candidate profile buh waiting for derr Pastor and Alfa to tell them who to vote..

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Bobloco: 7:22am On May 31, 2023
Tinubu and his ilks should first and foremost apologize publicly to Goodluck Jonathan

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Paragon311(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2023
Regional governance is not National governance....

It is done on them now that subsidy removal is a must.

These guys are just learning on the job regardless of their wealth of experience in governance. Too bad.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Shattuck(m): 7:33am On May 31, 2023
They fooled the masses just for their own personal gains.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by tinsel: 7:41am On May 31, 2023
Does it mean again, one does not change his position on a matter over time? All these past references are annoying.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Ever8090: 7:41am On May 31, 2023
The truth is, a good percent of Nigerians are not civilized and those uncivilised one's are either in politics or supporters of politicians

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by donbachi(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2023
A country where both leaders and their supporters are eaters of their vomits

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by THeUNIFIER: 7:43am On May 31, 2023
I don't blame the people who participated in that exercise as they were ill informed at the time and were desperate for good governance. My only shock is that certain people have not learned from the experience. They still misconstrue propaganda as facts due to their religious affiliations and ethnocentric attachment. What qualifies you a human if you can't think for yourself? This is the reason why the government is able to scam us and get away with it because of such individuals

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by muhammaduyusufu: 7:45am On May 31, 2023
That's politics for you. GEJ was a weak leader, and the opposition even though knew subsidy had to go used it against him.

Now you all know that Tinubu is extremely intelligent. He is the master of the game called Nigerian politics.

His intelligence was also used in splitting PDP into 3 (divide and conquer) just before the elections). Reno once said Tinubu has the face of a slow person, but he is extremely intelligent.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by nairalanda1(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2023
The problem back then was that most Nigerians were against the removal of subsidy. Tinubu and Buhari joined in because they were interested in gaining political points.

(Politicans always know when to take advantage of a good crisis).

At the end, the buck stopped at the table of PDP. GEJ should have refused to listen to Nigerians. (yes, I sould like a joker , but bear with me). Not every good economic decision is the popular one. GEJ should have removed subsidy, and faced the consequences. In the long term we would have thanked him eventually.

But all Nigerians saw in 2012 was that fuel went up from N65 to N140, and went on riots.

At the end of the day, our hand has been forced by what the GEJ government foresaw if subsidy remained.

Hell, in 2012 , my eyes were opened to how bad subsidy was. But back then, saying you supported subsidy removal got you labelled an oppressor. Or worse. So, keep yer mouth shut.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by keymatt(m): 8:01am On May 31, 2023
Where are the ojota protesters/u.rchins? I heard they have been buying fuel ⛽ at N50 per liter since the mandate thief was smuggled in. grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by ezechi242: 8:06am On May 31, 2023
jonathan was too weak for a Nigerian leader, he had every aparatus at his disposal to dismantle every nonsense the APC was planning, but no, he wants to be a gentleman in Nigerian politics.

besides his 6 years tenure was filled with corruption and insecurities, what nigerians never saw before.....i would say GEJ was actually the root cause of where we are now.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Pythagoras001: 8:11am On May 31, 2023
unfortunately I was also part of that protest. I galvanised my siblings and my mum. my dad was the only person who didn’t buy into it. he kept warning us until he gave up because it was him against many. same thing with buhari election. I have come to realise that having university degree does not necessarily equate with wisdom or been immune from the ability to be deceived or gullible. critical and rational thinking skills are lacking in our school systems. less than one year after buhari first term I realize it was all part of a well designed fraudulent scam to win the 2015 elections.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by SHINJA: 8:11am On May 31, 2023
ezechi242:
jonathan was too weak for a Nigerian leader, he had every aparatus at his disposal to dismantle every nonsense the APC was planning, but no, he wants to be a gentleman in Nigerian politics.

besides his 6 years tenure was filled with corruption and insecurities, what nigerians never saw before.....i would say GEJ was actually the root cause of where we are now.

Blame game

45 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Miloski(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2023
The major problem of Nigeria is ILLITERACY and IGNORANCE. Yesterday I had to explain to a friend of mine what subsidy means.
Our educational system needs total overhaul.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Guyman01: 8:12am On May 31, 2023
The fraudulent enterprise called APC was established during that infamous protest against subsidy which led to the emergence of Buhari in 2015.

Nigerians couldn't even protest in 8 years of Buhari without fear of getting shut dead, we allowed Buhari to use the country to play Ludo while massacres where taking place in several states.

I am happy that I joined some other Nigerians (especially Igbos and South South people) to see through the scam at Ojota and repackaging of Buhari as a democrat with integrity instead of the dictator he was

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Dafresh: 8:15am On May 31, 2023
Tinubu and Buhari no try at all

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Agbadocassava: 8:20am On May 31, 2023
donbachi:
A country where both leaders and their supporters are eaters of their vomits

Tinubu is the only man to fix Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2023
K
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by Angelfrost(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2023
That useless Protest will haunt Buhari, Tinubu and APC for life!

Such hypocrisy and stupidity all in the name of Opposition!

You don't just oppose for the fun or sake of it... It's supposed to be for the good of those you seek to rule some day.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by FactBoyz: 8:20am On May 31, 2023
tongue
Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by WhatIf: 8:22am On May 31, 2023
Na we dey suffer ourselves for dis kauntry

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Protests Of 2014: David Hundeyin Reflections by GeneralPula: 8:22am On May 31, 2023
So it was cuz of the protest Jonathan didn’t remove it?

Una go dey alright..

66 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert / Jonathan Hurries Out Of Otuoke / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.