Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria (37195 Views)

LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database / Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown / Apapa Gridlock: Taskforce To Commence Impounding Trucks Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by ZaddyJ: 10:03am On May 31, 2023
seyicodes:
I remember when I was looking for car to work with like sapa wan kill me then , thank God i didn't go for this moove car. Na diẹ. 7 million for that smallest one and 9 million for the other one. 10 trips everyday kilode. I got the best deal of Toyota Corolla Sport Tokunbo for 4 million and 30k weekly. I no kuku bother registering with Uber. It's me and Bolt for life.
I beg where did you get the Toyota tokunboh
I ve got $3900 as I speak. I want to go into uber
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by nedekid: 10:07am On May 31, 2023
FuckDModz:
grin

Lazy bastards.

Give them your car, they will damage it and run away.

Give them a car for hire purchase, they will still damage it and run away.

Moove is exactly what they deserve.

Work hard or go home!
Exactly.
Nigerians don't pay debt. They are the meekest, most humble when it comes to collect, but to pay, they bring sentiments. I called Zenith bank last week for 300k soft loans as the app option did not work. Guess what, they said it has been disabled, as people do not pay loans.
Not having fuel is not an excuse. You that know you work with fuel ie driving, should know you should have 100 liters stored somewhere incase there is scarcity. Infact time of scarcity should be when you even charge more to make more money and easily pay the daily payment for those vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 10:08am On May 31, 2023
seyicodes:
I remember when I was looking for car to work with like sapa wan kill me then , thank God i didn't go for this moove car. Na diẹ. 7 million for that smallest one and 9 million for the other one. 10 trips everyday kilode. I got the best deal of Toyota Corolla Sport Tokunbo for 4 million and 30k weekly. I no kuku bother registering with Uber. It's me and Bolt for life.
So why do you prefer Bolt to Uber?
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by hush15: 10:09am On May 31, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://restofworld.org/2023/uber-moove-impounding-drivers-nigeria/

If you ask me, I think the problem is not in the earnings of both parties but the Nigerian system or economy basically. The value system is terrible, no matter the income, it will never be sufficient. There can never be contentment. While both parties have their points and the truth is no matter who bends for who, as long it's in an economy like Nigeria, they both still will run at a loss. Take a look at the economy, the cost of living and doing business is astronomically high. Is it the fuel
we want to mention or the poor inner roads that covers the entire state! How won't the car visit the mechanics all the time. Infrastructure is not good enough. Security nko, I still remember the guy that lost his eyes due to gun shots from car hijackers in traffic jam. What compensation did he get from any side, be it Uber, insurance or government except to thank God he lost his eyes and not his life! How is fairing afterwards, nobody cares. Customers nko? Even some drivers lifestyle and personal issues are not in their favor.

As for the moove, can you blame them, them too are also running on loans. The depend on the drivers returns to finance their own loans too, excluding all their other cost too such as overheads cost, operational cost etc.

Point is either way, in recent times Uber business in today's economy is not really a fruitful venture is you are on car loan or lease. The only way you can cope is if someone gives you the vantage point such as gifting you a car to do the business or make demands that are not neck breaking largely because the vehicle owner just want to help. In such case, drivers be grateful and not turn to ingrates cos from experience, drivers too are guilty of mismanagement and car abuse. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time, in a dog eat dog economy like Nigeria, where everybody takes advantage of everyone.

6 Likes

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Osobi32(m): 10:10am On May 31, 2023
seyicodes:
bro how did u get ur deal, I have someone who will need such offer.
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by seyicodes(m): 10:12am On May 31, 2023
Osobi32:
I swear by Allah. Allah didn't for me. Once again it's Allah

1 Like

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by seyicodes(m): 10:13am On May 31, 2023
ZaddyJ:

I beg where did you get the Toyota tokunboh
I ve got $3900 as I speak. I want to go into uber
how much is that in naira?
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by OvertheTop(m): 10:15am On May 31, 2023
infogeneral:
The conditions are to stringent in the first place. How would you expect someone to drive for 12hrs a day, 6 days a week.

That's slavery!

Then DON'T SIGN THE AGREEMENT and Go Home
Its Easy na

You Cant complain After Signing!

1 Like

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by kingyakos: 10:17am On May 31, 2023
inoki247:
Everybody coming into the country just to come and rip the people from Loan app, to Taxi platform....

This is where the government supposed to come in to balance the situation. Also if the drivers are paying tax to the government, the government is supposed to pay some percentage of the vehicle loan as part of empowerment to their tax paying citizens, Donald Duke did it Liyel Imoke follow suit when coprate taxi first showcase in CRS. The government should also place a ban on foreign loan app operating in Nigeria. Their interest rate and duration is a complete extortion on NIGERIANS.
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by lavylilly: 10:22am On May 31, 2023
PrimeWatermark:

Hi,
Good morning.

Can I have your contact details please? Asides the WhatsApp Group Link.
Thank you.
Join the group and you will reach me
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Litmus: 10:23am On May 31, 2023
This is going to sound harsh but knowing my people, these drivers probably make enough to pay thire instalments and also live off what is left but not comfortabley.In other words, they probably aren't willing to make the long term sacrifice or and they hope to negotiate the parameters within which they live the sacrifice by exaggerating thire working circumstances. You can't comfortably blame them, if this is the case, but they need to be weary of over-egging the pudding. We don't want such companies like Uber leaving Nigeria after statements such as, "Nigeria is not ready for Uber", with the implication that Nigeria is too primitive a place for modern type investments.

Warning: any rubbishness in the submission above is due to my not having read the preliminary article.

1 Like

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Originalsly: 10:38am On May 31, 2023
I don't understand the complaint. Don't they know what they signed up for?

2 Likes

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by chukskafor(m): 10:38am On May 31, 2023
seyicodes:
Good morning bro, how can I get something like this please, really need one right now. Thanks

Modified: I am residence in Edo state
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by chuzzy07036(m): 10:43am On May 31, 2023
Are you still into the bolt business if yes please i would like to get in touch with you... Location where you are running the bolt... Will like to make some enquires about bolt
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Mrtaye: 10:54am On May 31, 2023
seyicodes:
Same fate will happen to the Lagos rides too imagination giving out vehicles for that ridiculous amount...7,8,9,10,11,12 million haba se ogun laiye ni where is the empowerment here.....na enslavement ooo
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by chatinent: 10:58am On May 31, 2023
seyicodes:

Does Bolt give cars in Nigeria?

I don't think so.

You bring the cars yourself.
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Mrtaye: 10:59am On May 31, 2023
CuriousCart:
Sad but I don't really pity the drivers.

An Uber driver will crawl until trekkers walk past you or deliberately enter behind a parked korope loading passengers because he wants to add ordinary N300 to his fare.

They are very criminal-minded and deserve all the evil coming their way.
Day one na Mugu,no be uber driver
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by chimpad: 11:04am On May 31, 2023
Lol Nigerians Sha. The lending company has done nothing wrong by impounding the brotrower's car, even if they defaulted for just a day. It's a contract, how you pay and obstacles you face while making payments is none of the lender's problem. grin
nlfpmod:

https://restofworld.org/2023/uber-moove-impounding-drivers-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Mrtaye: 11:19am On May 31, 2023
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Haha grin.
I remember when I went to their office with the mindset of getting a new or at least tokunbo 2016 Toyota corolla from moove despite having a 2007 Honda civic I was already using but always had something to fix and spend money on. I went through all the stages required to get the vehicle. Note that I was assured it was a new vehicle o. On the day I was called to pick up the vehicle, I went to collection center and lo and behold, there were lots of very neat cars but obviously not tokunbo nor new yet what these nitwits assigned me to was a beat up 2014 corolla. On a second thought i was like “maybe the previous person was rough with it so maybe it’s just a bed cosmetic look. I sha took the keys, started the vehicle and left. First thing I noticed was the vehicle’s brakes were flat grin. Shey these people wan kill be before I even start work? Anyhow na just brake pads so I go change am myself. That’s how I drove into a fuel station to top up so I could use the ac. As I bought fuel and turned on the AC, lo and behold ac that was chilling at collection center was no longer cooling. I immediately called the center and told them if the flat brakes and the ac no longer chilling. Na so dem blame me of spoiling their car o🤣🤣🤣 grin . How did i spoil car that I only collected like an hour ago? I be winch? I sha took the car home, parked it there hoping when they don’t see remittance, they’ll come and tow their car themselves. As they didn’t show up and car was taking unnecessary space in the compound, I asked a friend to drive my civic and follow me to the Moove center to drop off their death trap.
Why didn't you put on the ac and do other checks before collection

2 Likes

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Mrtaye: 11:25am On May 31, 2023
nedekid:

Exactly.
Nigerians don't pay debt. They are the meekest, most humble when it comes to collect, but to pay, they bring sentiments. I called Zenith bank last week for 300k soft loans as the app option did not work. Guess what, they said it has been disabled, as people do not pay loans.
Not having fuel is not an excuse. You that know you work with fuel ie driving, should know you should have 100 liters stored somewhere incase there is scarcity. Infact time of scarcity should be when you even charge more to make more money and easily pay the daily payment for those vehicles.
😀 he should burn person house

2 Likes

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Karlifate: 11:26am On May 31, 2023
Everything in this country is designed to frustrate you. kiss

The earlier you come to the realization, the better.
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Karlifate: 11:28am On May 31, 2023
inoki247:
Everybody coming into the country just to come and rip the people from Loan app, to Taxi platform....

Stevenson20:
Nowhere is safe again in this country

ImoleNaija:
May God save us from slavery here & there.

cheesy
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by Mrtaye: 11:29am On May 31, 2023
hush15:

If you ask me, I think the problem is not in the earnings of both parties but the Nigerian system or economy basically. The value system is terrible, no matter the income, it will never be sufficient. There can never be contentment. While both parties have their points and the truth is no matter who bends for who, as long it's in an economy like Nigeria, they both still will run at a loss. Take a look at the economy, the cost of living and doing business is astronomically high. Is it the fuel
we want to mention or the poor inner roads that covers the entire state! How won't the car visit the mechanics all the time. Infrastructure is not good enough. Security nko, I still remember the guy that lost his eyes due to gun shots from car hijackers in traffic jam. What compensation did he get from any side, be it Uber, insurance or government except to thank God he lost his eyes and not his life! How is fairing afterwards, nobody cares. Customers nko? Even some drivers lifestyle and personal issues are not in their favor.

As for the moove, can you blame them, them too are also running on loans. The depend on the drivers returns to finance their own loans too, excluding all their other cost too such as overheads cost, operational cost etc.

Point is either way, in recent times Uber business in today's economy is not really a fruitful venture is you are on car loan or lease. The only way you can cope is if someone gives you the vantage point such as gifting you a car to do the business or make demands that are not neck breaking largely because the vehicle owner just want to help. In such case, drivers be grateful and not turn to ingrates cos from experience, drivers too are guilty of mismanagement and car abuse. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time, in a dog eat dog economy like Nigeria, where everybody takes advantage of everyone.

You said it all
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by nedekid: 11:29am On May 31, 2023
Mrtaye:

😀 he should burn person house
Lol.
You have a point.
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by holicalpha(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2023
Osobi32:

If the person is in Abuja then check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/7702605/advice-how-approach-bolt-business
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by holicalpha(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2023
PrimeWatermark:

Hi,
Good morning.

Can I have your contact details please? Asides the WhatsApp Group Link.
Thank you.

If you are interested and in Abuja

Check this out

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by holicalpha(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2023
Karlman:

I have someone looking for a deal like ypurs...kindly provide info and how he could go about it please. Thanks.

If the person is in Abuja then check this out

1 Like

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by FxMasterz: 11:38am On May 31, 2023
seyicodes:
Please what medium or company did you use to get the Toyota Corolla Sport Tokunbo for 4 million and paying 30k weekly?

The link you referenced didn't provide information.
Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by holicalpha(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2023
xtanlee:
Please I’m looking for a car to use for ehailing…hire purchase and I stay in Lagos… I’ll provide a guarantor, help if you can..thank you

Too bad you’re not in Abuja but if you have someone that resides in Abuja and his/her interested in this then check this out

Re: Moove Is Impounding Uber Drivers’ Cars In Nigeria by donem: 11:52am On May 31, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
$65 is not N30,000!

$65 is N50,000!
Even 100$ ain't up to 50,000 on official rate exchange not black market o...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident At Falomo, Ikoyi Due To Over Speeding / Artillery Flyover Port Harcourt Now In Use: Pictures & Video / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.