Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies (24513 Views)

Petrol Import Reduced By 1 Billion Litres In Seven Months / Marketers Move To End NNPCL Petrol Import Monopoly / Nigeria Resumes Petrol Import From China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by TheBTCinvestor: 3:13pm On May 31, 2023
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by nwakibie3(m): 3:15pm On May 31, 2023
Ebubu2:
Want to issue petrol import license?

Does that mean that subsidy will continue?

I thought we’ll all be using Dangote petroleum?

Someone said here that he has insider who told him that dangote refinery may not even start production this year oo. Buhari only hurried to commission it.

4 Likes

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by medikend(m): 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
*New Fuel expenditure Reality:*

In less congested cities. *Not applicable to Lagos*.

Using a car in good working condition as a case study:

70L full tank for 2weeks(14days)
70/14= 5L/day on the average.

5L times 30days= 150L/month.

1L = N540

150 *540= *N81,000*

Generator= *N15,000* per month

Total= N96,000 approximately *N100,000* per month ( all things being equal)

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by onosbaba3310: 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
Nigerians brace up!

Times are gonna be hard but it's gonna get better and better in sha Allah!
you forgot this picture I guess🌞🌞

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by GeneralPula: 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
Wodu89:
The bigger enemy isn't subsidy , but lack of management and control of subsidy payments because of infalted invoices.

The citizenry looses alot with the removal of subsidy payments because in this clime, salaries do not increase readily, meaning purchasing power becomes more and more difficult with this economic overhaul.

Maintaining the subsidy is to the benefit of the average citizen. It's managing the invoicing system that's the problem. We can have metered and regulated suslbsidy payment in place with FG placing caps on subsidy payment and then hedging the excesses against Government backed bonds, so short term economic traction is cushioned by long-term macrofinances of the court ey.

If invoicing and lack of accountability is the issue with feul subsidy, then why don't we grant licensing that pays subsidy payments based on metered importation allowance?

When would Nigeria let thinking people lead ? When !

The same 2012 problem is repeating itself. Sensationalism. Assuming that the subsidy only implies people stealing,.forgetting or not even considering it's benefits.

The average minimum wage of a worker can't mean anything in a post subsidized feul economy.

Increase in food prices, Housing, transportation, lifestyle all at once without corresponding rise in salary payments is nothing short of a disaster. Be it Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku subsidy removal must be planned and strategized before actualized
It has already been removed by previous government bro..

Effects starts by July 1
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by IamtheTruth1(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
[quote author=LordReed post=123490033]Why are they focused on expanding import capacity when we need to increase local production capacity?[/quot. The only logical reason I can see is to avoid monopoly. Imagine if Only Dangote produces, it means everyone must subscribe to his price. But when you have more than one source, you will have steady supply and for lesser price compared to when one individual runs everything. Well, what do I know. I majored in Engineering and not Economics.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Coronavirus1: 3:19pm On May 31, 2023
Nigeria is a joke dangote where are you
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by TheBTCinvestor: 3:19pm On May 31, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Can't imagine I filled my gadmnnn lexus 350 tank today with almost 36 thousand naira something I normally do with 16 thousands naira

Hope the conditions for the licence are not too tough

Because a real niggar might consider getting one of this license some day

Ain't gonna be a key board warrior for life

That shit Ain't sustainable

I just filled my ML350 and C350 tanks now plus two 25liter jerry can for fuel..It cost me N101,500. I pity the common man at this point

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by RHMSTECH: 3:20pm On May 31, 2023
Wodu89:
The bigger enemy isn't subsidy , but lack of management and control of subsidy payments because of infalted invoices.

The citizenry looses alot with the removal of subsidy payments because in this clime, salaries do not increase readily, meaning purchasing power becomes more and more difficult with this economic overhaul.

Maintaining the subsidy is to the benefit of the average citizen. It's managing the invoicing system that's the problem. We can have metered and regulated suslbsidy payment in place with FG placing caps on subsidy payment and then hedging the excesses against Government backed bonds, so short term economic traction is cushioned by long-term macrofinances of the court ey.

If invoicing and lack of accountability is the issue with feul subsidy, then why don't we grant licensing that pays subsidy payments based on metered importation allowance?

When would Nigeria let thinking people lead ? When !

The same 2012 problem is repeating itself. Sensationalism. Assuming that the subsidy only implies people stealing,.forgetting or not even considering it's benefits.

The average minimum wage of a worker can't mean anything in a post subsidized feul economy.

Increase in food prices, Housing, transportation, lifestyle all at once without corresponding rise in salary payments is nothing short of a disaster. Be it Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku subsidy removal must be planned and strategized before actualized
I agree with you, we don’t have enough transparency in NNPC, CBN, FIRS, and CUSTOM. I don’t even know how it’s possible for any government to succeed without ensuring transparency in those agencies. The problem with continued subsidy is that these marketers find ways to export subsidized petroleum to neighboring countries where they end up selling for 300 naira and above. I think Government should take out subsidy but ensuring that money is well spent as a way to cushion the economic effects of it is the best strategy and it’s coming at a time Dangote refinery is starting operation.
10 BILLION DOLLARS SPENT IN 2022 ON SUBSIDY, but how much exactly does it cost to build half of Dangote refinery capacity
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by foxxydude: 3:20pm On May 31, 2023
One chance 😁
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Henix(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Inflation loading.
Next year, landlords will increase price.
Anyone who thinks things will remain stable when petrol is being sold at 500 naira per litre must be dreaming.

They never know what is coming. I'm glad I already left the country

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by AntiChristian: 3:25pm On May 31, 2023
That can be forged!

Abeg watch this video and see Peter Obi say it himself!

https://twitter.com/Pres_Adebayo/status/1663654854680625155

onosbaba3310:
you forgot this picture I guess🌞🌞

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by saintade01(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2023
Let the competition begin
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by LordReed(m): 3:30pm On May 31, 2023
IamtheTruth1:
The only logical reason I can see is to avoid monopoly. Imagine if Only Dangote produces, it means everyone must subscribe to his price. But when you have more than one source, you will have steady supply and for lesser price compared to when one individual runs everything. Well, what do I know. I majored in Engineering and not Economics.

Is that not a failure to say that only 1 producer of refined petroleum products is functional in an oil producing nation? Shouldn't they be looking to fix that gap ASAP? Instead the first policy statement is they are looking for more importers? SMH.

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by onosbaba3310: 3:31pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
That can be forged!

Abeg watch this video and see Peter Obi say it himself!

https://twitter.com/Pres_Adebayo/status/1663654854680625155

it doesn't make any difference, the thing is removing the subsidy at this point is bad, I would have still heavily criticized obi if he removed it without making adequate provisions🌞🌞

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by kiddkash(m): 3:33pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
Nigerians brace up!

So you now like Peter Obi??
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Shaev7(m): 3:34pm On May 31, 2023
Simple
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by AntiChristian: 3:35pm On May 31, 2023
onosbaba3310:
it doesn't make any difference, the thing is removing the subsidy at this point is bad, I would have still heavily criticized obi if he removed it without making adequate provisions🌞🌞

Alright!
We have two options!

1. to remove it like it has been done or

2. to keep paying the trillions to very few Nigerians in hat sector!

It can no longer be sustained as NNPC Limited has been paying on behalf of the FG!
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Ttipsy(f): 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
Petrol importation again ?? In an oil producing country?

Why can't this dumb government licence States to build and own refinaries??

Illiterates

2 Likes

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by alizma: 3:42pm On May 31, 2023
Now the real has started. If you want to import, the door is open.
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by onatisi(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2023
why sire ? am i wrong with what i said? gej knew the right thing but simply failed to do it because the pressure was mounted on him and he gave too much respect to his opposition rather to his brains and himself and he paid dearly for it.
lesson i learned is that your life decisions doesn't need to be liked or accepted by people once you are sure of what you are doing
SLOVFO:

Bros you dey Nigeria at all?
Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by VeeInsider: 3:45pm On May 31, 2023
Copy and paste can never yield the same result if not properly done.

AntiChristian:
Nigerians brace up!

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by BarrElChapo(m): 3:47pm On May 31, 2023
Why are they talking about importation licenses, I thought Dangote has got us covered?

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by onatisi(m): 3:47pm On May 31, 2023
definitely, there is a lot to this , the removal of Subsidy is coming at a time Dangote is preparing to start his own production, there will be adequate supply but the rate and price may continue rising for a while . i wont be surprised if the rate of corruption in this dispensation even surpasses that of buhari regime .

alizma:
Now the real has started. If you want to import, the door is open.

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by toprealman: 3:52pm On May 31, 2023
The boldness at which they display thier cluelessness and arrogance is what I find amazing.
Even if fuel sells for #5000 per litre, some people will still campaign for the clueless party!

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by toprealman: 3:54pm On May 31, 2023
nwakibie3:

Someone said here that he has insider who told him that dangote refinary may not even start production this year oo. Buhari only hurried to commission it.
That should not be the problem of Nigeria. He can start in 2100 if his organisation chooses to or even afterwards, their headache.
Nigerians should be asking important questions such as why NNPC is just draining the country yet delivering absolutely nothing.
Questions like why an individual assembled ALL stakeholders in the economy to comission his refinery yet the nation's refinery is not working!

3 Likes

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Emola12(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
Nigerians brace up!

after dey agree with#500 per litter abi food will now rise up,, transportation over rise you get sense like dis?

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by Smartguyboy(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2023
Northerner’s all In charges of the petroleum while the useless South South keep blaming the Igbos .

1 Like

Re: NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies by yusuf0876(m): 4:01pm On May 31, 2023
grin
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Can't imagine I filled my gadmnnn lexus 350 tank today with almost 36 thousand naira something I normally do with 16 thousands naira

Hope the conditions for the licence are not too tough

Because a real niggar might consider getting one of this license some day

Ain't gonna be a key board warrior for life

That shit Ain't sustainable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Some Nigerians Fly Isreali Flag In Nigeria / Fatima Atiku Abubakar Nominated As Commissioner In Adamawa / Orji Kalu Visits Ndoma-Egba Over Destruction of Property by Hoodlums (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.