Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,919 members, 7,828,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue (932 Views)

I Can't Kill Myself', 'Akara And 5-Alive To The Rescue' - Ex-SGF Babachir Lawal / Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) / Images Of The Rescue Team Of Atiku In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by Biodun556(m): 8:41am On Jun 02, 2023
If one generator uses 1 litre of fuel per hour at the cost of 600 per liter

It should be able to charge five vehicles instead of the five vehicles to use up the same 1 liter of oil each at cost of 3000 naira
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by Biodun556(m): 8:41am On Jun 02, 2023
cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by SalamRushdie: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2023
This is uhuru talk it doesnt work like that , a good electric car willl require between 95 -140 KWH to charge it fully From the Grid , the small generator Nigerians use cannot properly charge an electric vehicle instead it will mess up your battery ..so you need power from the grid or any generator above 60 KVA to properly charge them ..If you do the maths you will be be spending almost the same as fueling your car

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by donbachi(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2023
Everything renewable energy

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by oloriooko(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2023
electric car charging ports are not available in 9jja for now
using this car will kill you for now
so buy your fuel, plan your waka well well, train your legs too
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by superCleanworks(m): 10:16am On Jun 02, 2023
oloriooko:

we are in a country where people do thanks giving for buying fuel car because of the high prices. it would take so almost 70 years for electric cars to become common in Nigeria. so for now, it is not a solution.
hopefully the prices of fuel will shift ground and everyone will adjust to the new reality.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by chidiokay: 10:24am On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:
This is uhuru talk it doesnt work like that , a good electric car willl require between 95 -140 KWH to charge it fully From the Grid , the small generator Nigerians use cannot properly charge an electric vehicle instead it will mess up your battery ..so you need power from the grid or any generator above 60 KVA to properly charge them ..If you do the maths you will be be spending almost the same as fueling your car

You are talking individually, not on Large scale as govt intervention
Like lagos state is about introducing electric buses, whatever cost is incured to power it will be cheaper compared to fuelling cost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by SalamRushdie: 10:30am On Jun 02, 2023
chidiokay:

You are talking individually, not on Large scale as govt intervention
Like lagos state is about introducing electric buses, whatever cost is incured to power it will be cheaper compared to fuelling cost

My brother it will be same as fueling the current BRT busses pound for pound , do you know how large those batteries are ? I gather the Lagos busses need about 450kwhs to charge fully and and they would only make 3 trips with this before charging ..Trust me it will be the same , no be today I start to compare operational cost of Electric and ICT vehicles
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by Ottomayzi: 10:30am On Jun 02, 2023
Good concepts, material, and themes. Your blog is well-received. You are an excellent human being. geometry dash
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by KingOfIsoko1: 10:35am On Jun 02, 2023
Zombie 🧟 Op, Tinubu should just increase Salaries and minimum wage to 100,000
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by Brendaniel: 10:41am On Jun 02, 2023
Biodun556:

It should be able to charge five vehicles instead of the five vehicles to use up the same 1 liter of oil each at cost of 3000 naira

Your account is 2013, so I will comment, well it doesn't work like that, Energy is very commercial in Nigeria....
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by chidiokay: 10:43am On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

My brother it will be same as fueling the current BRT busses pound for pound , do you know how large those batteries are ? I gather the Lagos busses need about 450kwhs to charge fully and and they would only make 3 trips with this before charging ..Trust me it will be the same , no be today I start to compare operational cost of Electric and ICT vehicles

Bro Electricity is cheaper than fuelling in Business industrialization and even Transportation that is why the world is diverting toward alternate energy.

i am not guessing, I agree using electric car by an individual can be very expensive But on a large scale as seen by lagos state govt .. it is cheaper compared to fuelling
Govt is not daft they did there feasibility before bring in those electric Buses.
Even at home, check things you use with nepa light and how much you pay in a month then compare it to how much you spend to fuel & service your gen, considering things you can even use on the gen ... which is cheaper
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by SalamRushdie: 10:51am On Jun 02, 2023
chidiokay:

Bro Electricity is cheaper than fuelling in Business industrialization and even Transportation that is why the world is diverting toward alternate energy.

i am not guessing, I agree using electric car by an individual can be very expensive But on a large scale as seen by lagos state govt .. it is cheaper compared to fuelling
Govt is not daft they did there feasibility before bring in those electric Buses.
Even at home, check things you use with nepa light and how much you pay in a month then compare it to how much you spend to fuel & service your gen, considering things you can even use on the gen ... which is cheaper

I pay 59 naira for 1kwh , Ikwh of electricity is not free anywhere, is Lagos state going to Manufacture free electricity ? Baba there is a reason you have never seen any electric car manufacturers try use cheap cost to market them ? The only thing they market them is that they are environmentally friendly

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by Brek: 10:52am On Jun 02, 2023
donbachi:
Everything renewable energy
Solar energy?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by chidiokay: 11:03am On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I pay 59 naira for 1kwh , Ikwh of electricity is not free anywhere, is Lagos state going to Manufacture free electricity ? Baba there is a reason you have never seen any electric car manufacturers try use cheap cost to market them ? The only thing they market them is that they are environmentally friendly

In developed countries with stable electricity people use electric cars, the problem with electric cars is acceptances into the market, globally people are more comfortable with the devil they know, In Nigeria for instances, if innoson ceo dash a nigerian a new innoson car, 80% will prefer to sell it to buy a used toyota camry or honda.

Its good you use prepaid, can you tell us how much you recharge monthly, lets take it from there
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by SalamRushdie: 11:13am On Jun 02, 2023
chidiokay:

In developed countries with stable electricity people use electric cars, the problem with electric cars is acceptances into the market, globally people are more comfortable with the devil they know, In Nigeria for instances, if innoson ceo dash a nigerian a new innoson car, 80% will prefer to sell it to buy a used toyota camry or honda.

Its good you use prepaid, can you tell us how much you recharge monthly, lets take it from there

If I have family around I spend about 40k a month but when I am alone like now , about 20k depending on how long nepa bring the light and how much time I spend at home
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by Parachoko: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2023
Biodun556:

Lol

Which kin joke be this grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by joyandfaith: 11:18am On Jun 02, 2023
Biodun556:

Where is the electricity?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by inoki247: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2023
chidiokay:

Lol don't be using our electricity to du a Yardstick is subsidize....

Electricity is also costly....
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by Parachoko: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

You're right

After covering a journey of almost 200km, the bus we need to be recharge.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by chidiokay: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2023
inoki247:

Lol don't be using our electricity to du a Yardstick is subsidize....

Electricity is also costly....

electricity is cheaper "than" fuel that is the discussion.

with the new fuel price i will spend nothing less than 20k a month to fuel my gen, thats if i ON it 7pm to 11pm, how many people can boast they recharge 20k monthly on prepaid meter at hom
those days i get angry when my dad ask me to go off the gen once its 11pm, now i go dey set alarm 8 - 10pm 🤣🤣
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by donbachi(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2023
Brek:

Solar energy?
yap
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by chidiokay: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If I have family around I spend about 40k a month but when I am alone like now , about 20k depending on how long nepa bring the light and how much time I spend at home

Well i don't know you so i can't say you are lying, even areas count, someone whu spends 40k to recharge electricity is definitely using high end appliances than consume energy ..

How about your fuelling cost ??

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by SalamRushdie: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
chidiokay:

Well i don't know you so i can't say you are lying, even areas count, someone whu spends 40k to recharge electricity is definitely using high end appliances than consume energy ..

How about your fuelling cost ??

I will use my daily car for this , before this fuel scarcity I was spending about 9k a week , I haven't bought fuel recently though . Yes my my consumption come from Air conditioners ( 6) water heaters , refrigerators , washing machine , ovens , air fryer and electric iron ...when have family around these things see alot of use but now that I am alone usually just things in my room that work ..
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by collins011(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Solar powered charging station can provide the solution, we have abundant sun light
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by SalamRushdie: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
collins011:

Solar powered charging station can provide the solution, we have abundant sun light

If you can surmount the initial cost of a 400 watt solar system yes it will be cheaper in the long run , but you must buy premium solar panels that are guaranteed to last many years
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by chidiokay: 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I will use my daily car for this , before this fuel scarcity I was spending about 9k a week , I haven't bought fuel recently though . Yes my my consumption come from Air conditioners ( 6) water heaters , refrigerators , washing machine , ovens , air fryer and electric iron ...when have family around these things see alot of use but now that I am alone usually just things in my room that work ..

i whu have prefered Gen cos that would have given a clearer result.

i drive an SUV with 3.5L engine plus AC always On, i spend 12k a week on fuel, the last time i went to ibadan around may i bought fuel 11k @195 .. tro & fro

what you spend fueling your car under subsidy is even more than minimum wage ... 9k × 4 = 36k monthly, minus car gbese wey person no fit predict

One thing i learnt from Gazzuz tip now is that, i won't be speeding above 100km/hr again be it travel, i no mind if na midnight i go reach ibadan
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by emerged01(m): 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
oloriooko:
Lol! How can you say what you are not sure of. It is in VI,mounted by sterling bank. As a matter of fact,it is a good business for banks that run 24hrs electricity.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: Electric Vehicles To The Rescue by oloriooko(m): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
running "good" biz on 24hrs electricity from diesel or grid power supply

emerged01:

Lol! How can you say what you are not sure of. It is in VI,mounted by sterling bank. As a matter of fact,it is a good business for banks that run 24hrs electricity.

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Spokesperson Since 1999 / Soludo Becomes The First Governor To Visit A Forgotten Community, Olumbanasa. / Hamas Official In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.