Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring (43940 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting! So what you are admitting to is that your many church doctrines and traditions are indeed antichrist and in need of converting? undecided
Where did you see that in my comment?.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Does an earring go on the inside? It goes on the outside and counts towards outward appearance which Jesus Christ demanded that you absolutely not judge on, yes or no? undecided
You problem is ignorance of context. Jesus never said you shouldn't judge but it's false judgement that Jesus meant there.

John 7:24
[24]Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■ Where did you see that in my comment?.
Trying to understand the point you were trying to point the OP towards is all. You at least admitted that their many doctrines and traditions in your churches compare to those found among the many pagans and sinners, right? undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Trying to understand the point you were trying to point the OP towards is all. You at least admitted that their many doctrines and traditions in your churches compare to those found among the many pagans and sinners, right? undecided
Open your eyes, come out straight. Point out my claims and let me defend them.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting! So what you are admitting to is that your many church doctrines and traditions are indeed antichrist and in need of converting? undecided
Can you read at all?!.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:

You problem is ignorance of context. Jesus never said you shouldn't judge but it's false judgement that Jesus meant there.

John 7:24
[24]Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Wow... so even though the verse you quoted clearly states that you Judge not by outward appearance, you refuse to believe it indeed means you should not judge by outward appearances? No be fallacy dem dey call that kind argument you dey attempt there? undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wow... so even though the verse you quoted clearly states that you Judge not by outward appearance, you refuse to believe it indeed means you should not judge by outward appearances? No be fallacy dem dey call that kind argument you dey attempt there? undecided
What is righteous judgement?!. A form of supernatural or metaphysical thing?!.
Judge not by appearance [don't judge to condemn the poor for the rich because the rich appear good and pleasing before you and the poor can not offer you anything because he appears poor to you] but judge righteously [ don't be partial].
DO YOU GET IT?!.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■ One mistake you are making is that Jesus and Paul were always friendly. That's not true. No one can change anybody, only the holy spirit can convert soul. The holy spirit can use your anger at times to cause a positive change in the mind of someone.
You think it's "friendly" to go to a pagan temple where they have been worshipping their idols even before paul was born and start condemning and preaching against it?!.
No, Jesus and Paul were not always friendly. Even the bible says "our God is a consuming fire" fire is not friendly...
According to Jesus Christ, it is only God who is able to cause change, and this is from the outside - Inside change to be reflected on the outside. You suggested that God changes one from the inside in your response in bold meaning your churches are wrong for insisting on an outward change in appearance by their many doctrines and traditions. Yes or no? undecided

2. You then go on to compare OP's adventure to that of Jesus Christ entering the abode of sinners in an unfriendly manner....is that an endorsement of yours of the sinners or your churches in this case? undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■ What is righteous judgement?!. A form of supernatural or metaphysical thing?!.
J2. udge not by appearance [don't judge to condemn the poor for the rich because the rich appear good and pleasing before you and the poor can not offer you anything because he appears poor to you] but judge righteously [ don't be partial].
DO YOU GET IT?!.
1. To judge righteously is to judge all things according to God's Law , the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. All I see Is a desperate attempt at continuing to refute what is clearly right in front of you. Again, Jesus Christ said, " Judge not by outward appearances , but judge righteous judgement". It pretty much means what it says. So why are you trying so hard to change that. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, it is only God is able to cause change and this from the inside. You suggested this too in your response in bold meaning your churches are wrong for insisting on outward change in appearance by their many doctrines and traditions. Yes or no? undecided

2. You then go on to compare OP's adventure to that of Jesus Christ entering the abode of sinners in an unfriendly manner....is that an endorsement of yours of the sinners or your churches in this case? undecided

1. God would not cause change by some sort of magic. Holy Spirit will convict you of sins by words and admonition... he will not force you.
Doctrines are what God use to guide you to Heaven through the bible.
2. My point is that God can use friendly and unfriendly actions to correct anybody.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. To judge righteously is to judge all things according to God's Law , the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. All I see Is a desperate attempt at continuing to refute what is clearly right in front of you. Again, Jesus Christ said, " Judge not by outward appearances , but judge righteous judgement". It pretty much means what it says. So why are you trying so hard to change that. undecided
Changing what exactly?
Calm down boss and read instead of being haste to type. Make your judgement righteous no matter the appearance or position of the person standing before you. That's the meaning of the verse boss. They were judging Jesus for performing miracles on Sabbath day but they never judge their religious leaders for performing circumcision on Sabbath day because they reverrred their leader and Jesus was a nonentity to them... so they were bias with their judgement.
That's why Jesus was telling them not to judge according to the appearance or position of the person standing before them but to make righteous judgement.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
I apologize as I was not paying close attention and ended up making a mistake in my previous retort.
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, it is only God who is able to cause change, and this is from the outside - Inside change to be reflected on the outside. You suggested that God changes one from the inside in your response in bold meaning your churches are wrong for insisting on an outward change in appearance by their many doctrines and traditions. Yes or no? undecided

Back to your response.
smokinloud:
1. God would not cause change by some sort of magic.
■ Holy Spirit will convict you of sins by words and admonition... he will not force you.
Doctrines are what God use to guide you to Heaven through the bible.
■ My point is that God can use friendly and unfriendly actions to correct anybody.
1. I believe it's best to introduce the words of Jesus Christ at this point....
25 “It will be bad for you teachers of the law and you Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You wash clean the outside of your cups and dishes. But inside they are full of what you got by cheating others and pleasing yourselves.
26 Pharisees, you are blind! First make the inside of the cup clean and good. Then the outside of the cup will also be clean. - Matthew 23 vs 25 - 26
Then again we read similar in Luke.
37 After Jesus had finished speaking, a Pharisee asked Jesus to eat with him. So he went and took a place at the table.
38 But the Pharisee was surprised when he saw that Jesus did not wash his hands[g] first before the meal.
39 The Lord said to him, “The washing you Pharisees do is like cleaning only the outside of a cup or a dish. But what is inside you? You want only to cheat and hurt people.
40 You are foolish! The same one who made what is outside also made what is inside.
41 So pay attention to what is inside. Give to the people who need help. Then you will be fully clean. - Luke 11 vs 37- 41
Clearly, Jesus Christ left the cleaning of the inside(not the outside) to the individual. undecided

2. Well, the problem with your claim is that the same Jesus Christ also insisted that those who are in the world — the unholy and hence unrighteous — cannot receive the Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth - John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. Meaning the Holy Spirit is clearly beyond the scope of this here conversation since we are after all speaking of cleaning the inside still. undecided

3. So, in this case, who do you perceive God is attempting to correct here? The one who wore the earring or those who, against God, chose to judge by outward appearance? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■ Changing what exactly? Calm down boss and read instead of being haste to type. Make your judgement righteous no matter the appearance or position of the person standing before you. That's the meaning of the verse boss.
■ They were judging Jesus for performing miracles on Sabbath day but they never judge their religious leaders for performing circumcision on Sabbath day because they reverrred their leader and Jesus was a nonentity to them... so they were bias with their judgement.
That's why Jesus was telling them not to judge according to the appearance or position of the person standing before them but to make righteous judgement.
1. Again, the decree in fact says two things
▢ Do not judge by outward appearances
▢ Judge righteously — according to the standard that is the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.

2. So, are you now attempting to insinuate then that Jesus Christ only wants His followers to judge righteously only when the sabbath and miracles are involved? Jesus Christ said His Words are everlasting meaning that even when the circumstances change, His decree will not and does not change. So, we do not follow sabbaths and miracles only on sabbaths. Does that mean what Jesus Christ commanded of us is no longer valid? Come on! undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, the decree in fact says two things
▢ Do not judge by outward appearances
▢ Judge righteously — according to the standard that is the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.

2. So, are you now attempting to insinuate then that Jesus Christ only wants His followers to judge righteously only when the sabbath and miracles are involved? Jesus Christ said His Words are everlasting meaning that even when the circumstances change, His decree will not and does not change. So, we do not follow sabbaths and miracles only on sabbaths. Does that mean what Jesus Christ commanded of us is no longer valid? Come on! undecided
You are deliberately daft (acting daft to win arguments). Jesus words is forever and you can apply the scriptures in whatever situation you find yourself.
1. Judge people righteously not by their positions or how they appear before you. That's the message
2. The point here is don't judge with bias, judge righteously.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I apologize as I was not paying close attention and ended up making a mistake in my previous retort. Back to your response.
1. I believe it's best to introduce the words of Jesus Christ at this point....
Then again we read similar in Luke.
Clearly, Jesus Christ left the cleaning of the inside(not the outside) to the individual. undecided

2. Well, the problem with your claim is that the same Jesus Christ also insisted that those who are in the world — the unholy and hence unrighteous — cannot receive the Holy Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth - John 14 vs 15 - 26 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. Meaning the Holy Spirit is clearly beyond the scope of this here conversation since we are after all speaking of cleaning the inside still. undecided

3. So, in this case, who do you perceive God is attempting to correct here? The one who wore the earring or those who, against God, chose to judge by outward appearance? undecided
Righteousness is from inside out not outward in!.
Your appearance shows what is taking place inside of you. I have no issues with that

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■ You are deliberately daft (acting daft to win arguments). Jesus words is forever and you can apply the scriptures in whatever situation you find yourself.
1. Judge people righteously not by their positions or how they appear before you. That's the message
2. The point here is don't judge with bias, judge righteously.
So, the so-called churches were wrong in ousting OP from their midst because she wore earrings in their midst, Yes? undecided

And the verse from Paul's letter to Timothy which is often used to justify such foolishness — the interpretation of the letter's content at least — is of foolishness and not of God, yes? undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Merry100: 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:

I'm not quoting the old testament. I'm quoting the doctrine of Paul's gospel which is of Christ.
You can dribble around it but it's the fact!.
Paul didn't say that women shouldn't get married o.
1 Corinthians 7:8-9
[8]I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
[9]But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
Read my comment properly, I used the word "Advised".
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
Merry100:

Read my comment properly, I used the word "Advised".
It's explicit. Read it

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, the so-called churches were wrong in ousting OP from their midst because she wore earrings in their midst, Yes? undecided

And the verse from Paul's letter to Timothy which is often used to justify such foolishness — the interpretation of the letter's content at least — is of foolishness and not of God, yes? undecided
Mr. Man I don't have time for SILLY questions. People here already understand my points

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■Mr. Man I don't have time for SILLY questions. People here already understand my points
Which is? undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
I'm not quoting the old testament. I'm quoting the doctrine of Paul's gospel which is of Christ.
You can dribble around it but it's the fact!. Paul didn't say that women shouldn't get married o.
1 Corinthians 7:8-9
[8]I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
[9]But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
Even Jesus Christ made clear that God's special blessings existed upon those who would choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 11 - 12. Why would Paul not advise people to choose the path of special blessings which Jesus Christ said existed for them in God? undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Even Jesus Christ made clear that God's special blessings existed upon those who would choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 19 vs 11 - 12. Why would Paul not advise people to choose the path of special blessings which Jesus Christ said existed for them in God? undecided
Bring out a verse that Paul said otherwise instead of talking ogogoro talk.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by smokinloud(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which is? undecided
You don't read my reply you just keep repeating answered questions.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■ Bring out a verse that Paul said otherwise instead of talking ogogoro talk.
You dey read at all? undecided

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2023
smokinloud:
■ You don't read my reply you just keep repeating answered questions.
Your responses are neither here nor there but I suspect you think OP was in the wrong for wearing earrings to one of your church gatherings, and you also pretend that this stance of theirs is scriptural, but when asked to verify your stance, you retreat. So, what do you want? undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Sisora(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2023
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by goodness4ever(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2023
The church was in order.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.
So na Satan she go come believe? Or why should she embrace that lying goat head?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by VinnyBaba: 9:46am On Jun 04, 2023
Well DESERVED.

Can he wear Earrings to see Tinubu in Aso Rock or his State Governor?.😕

Useless pple that can't respect God.😒

I blame our Newbie Liberal Pentecostal churches, who allow lots of these NONSENSE. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by onatisi(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2023
if one church asks you to remove your earrings and you don't want to, just leave and go to another church that allows earrings, what is the problem and wahala in that?

Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Shedking(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2023
Xpamsixs:
[/b][/color]

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT.

Nairaland Moderators really need to look into this kind of spamming the comment section.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church / Nigerian Prophet Gives 2015 Prophecies, / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.