Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,042 members, 7,828,666 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring (43935 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by ibinaboonline: 10:05am On Jun 04, 2023
Crap. Unrelated.
Cantonese:

“ Jesus drove those that were doing business inside the Temple out, how does it relate to this? Show me another set of people He sent out?”

Clearly they are related.

Churches are not fashion places. They places where sinners are welcome and taught to change their ways. They are places where God is worshipped without distract. They are not places where sinners should have their field day confusing others and taking them way from their beliefs.

What’s more important is the interpretation of God’s word by different churches. To some it is nothing, but some absolutely disagree. For those who wear earrings and dress seductively, there are places to go where such mode of dressings are accepted.

That’s what it is, I’m afraid.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by TemmyT002(m): 10:06am On Jun 04, 2023
What now happen?
You refused to follow law and order and they chased you, so what now happen?

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kubin: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2023
luckybliss:
If you don't want to abide the rules of any church and their doctrines I advice you not to attend to that church otherwise you have your self to be blame , to attend a church is not by force
Christianity have a principle which is Christ like and bible as it's constitution and guide line, so any other doctrine introduce by church is a no no.that why native doctor my finally make heaven while ur general oversea will make hell,if the so called heaven and hell is real.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by gidjah(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Church is different from a business. If I was an unbeliever that is attending Church for the first time, would they have won my soul with such an act? Jesus did not treat sinners badly He made friend with them in order to win their souls. Paul was also friendly to sinners in order to win their souls.
the kingdom has rules ,no respect for any.no desecration of hallowed places.The ministry has her doctrine,one is no ear rings .what coul have stopped our sisters from removing the ear rings if she truely has God for the soughting .I just hope she didn't return from the gate else she really didn't come to look for God.Few years ago prostitute do not come into the church with Thier kind of attires,they understand it's a hallowed ground ,but now we wanna tempt God and bring churches in to total disrepute ,NO !!it won't work. Any church you chose to attend ,pls follow and accept her doctrine. No favoritism with God or his church.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by STEVENcrack(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
Even if Dem give you Bible verse you still would argue. That's the same question people that drinks always ask,where's this in the bible wheress that in the bible and they don't read bible
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Dshocker(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.

Bros you fit wear skirt join am, rubbish.... So you are proud to come tell us that you wore ear rings, so we would condemn the church and praise you?

Oga it mustn't be written in the bible, before you would know that, as a guy, it is wrong.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by gidjah(m): 10:09am On Jun 04, 2023
orisa37:
USELESS CHURCH.
you said this out of your lips ??are you a christian pls ??

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by gidjah(m): 10:10am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Is wearing earring a sin?
that's not the question ma,the issue is does she need to comply with the Ministry doctrine ?.yes , she came meaning she accepted the terms and condition so no need to come online and paint Gods vineyard black ..the children of Amon would only be laughing
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by ikpumbe(m): 10:11am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.

Respect people's believe..that's how sensible people behaves
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by mamaafrik(m): 10:12am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

When we hear the church side,we will judge.
Learn to follow rules,they didn't force you
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by dreu2fine(m): 10:12am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Behave like romam when u are in rome

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Bbgbs23: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

If you can't obey the rules governing that particular church. Why not go somewhere else. Instead of looking for people who have the same perspective to endorsed your inability to obey instructions not forgetting to understand nobody forced you to the church in the first place. Smh

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by iscom(m): 10:14am On Jun 04, 2023
Picture?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Deogratiasfx: 10:16am On Jun 04, 2023
We have more issues to trust God for as Christians, why not honour the church doctrine and remove it and attend ur church service with peace and wear it later? Must everything be an issue?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Shimran(m): 10:16am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible?.

Deuteronomy 22:5 — The New International Version (NIV)
A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this

Religion books and books of Law are too concentrated to contain everything. Interpretation does the rest.

I'm a Muslim, just shared it for knowledge sake.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by AMI3(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2023
orisa37:
USELESS CHURCH.

My brother the church is not useless. Don't say that. If u go to any organization try and respect the rules and regulations of that place.

If u don't like it there look for another one.

We keep breaking rules of an organization without minding and we expect others to keep to our rules.

No it doesn't work that way. Good or bad respect the rules of a place or u work out no body will hold u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by freshkpomo(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2023
orisa37:
USELESS CHURCH.

In a church we have people old enough to be your parents. You are damn stupid son

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by simfrost90210: 10:19am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.

Hmmmm🙄🙄 nawa oo
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by jconsulting(f): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

That is not a church of Christ, such gathering are fanatical church goers still practicing Moses laws
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by TheRealOwner(m): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

What is the name of the church
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use their doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.

I hear your point of view and these are some of the issues with organised religion.Sometimes we have unconscious bias and manipulate the scripture to suit our needs.

I can tell you that rules are made for a reason and it is important to respect authority.if their rules say no earrings ,try to find out from someone there why this is so.

If this reason does not satisfy you then go to another that lets you wear your jewellery in peace.

It really is that simple.
Simple.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Is wearing earring a sin?

According to some Churches that use old testament as a reference to judge their cases, YES!!!!! To them it is a SIN.....

During the time Moses, took the Israelites from the land of Egypt to the land of promise, if you remember, at a point in the wilderness, the Children of Israelites became rebellious, angry and depressed, even asked Moses to take them back to Egypt to continue suffering than walking in the Wilderness....

It got a point that when Moses had gone to seek the voice of God from the Mountain top, his people said they want another god ,.....and they did what

THEY ALL WOUR OUT THEIR EARRINGS, NECKLACE AND BANKLES, and moulded them together to form a god

So this is where some Churches got their reference that Earrings can be a tool of distractions from someone serving his or her God.....

But Churches that believe in Kingdom worship, soul getters , and New Testament of preaching, do not find that as what can distract man from God ....

ROM 8 vs 1.....Therefore , there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who work not in the FRESH but in the SPIRIT....
Worshipping God to me is in the SPIRIT and TRUTH.....
For God searches all hearts and he knows his people...
He doesn't search their earrings or BANKLES
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by arzizhy: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2023
orisa37:
USELESS CHURCH.

This comment sums it up. The best response actually.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by isabi2lof: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2023
I don't believe this , even Deeper life won't send you out , talk another thing undecided
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by cyprianken: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2023
[Baba u dey really smoke loud, and excess of it, u can't condemn or judge a soul, and still be able to win it for chirst, so what then are u doing as a Christian if not winning souls?.

One mistake you are making is that Jesus and Paul were always friendly. That's not true. No one can change anybody, only the holy spirit can convert soul. The holy spirit can use your anger at times to cause a positive change in the mind of someone.
John 2:14-16
[14]And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
[15]And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
[16]And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Acts 17:22-25
[22]Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
[23]For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
[24]God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
[25]Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

You think it's "friendly" to go to a pagan temple where they have been worshipping their idols even before paul was born and start condemning and preaching against it?!.
No, Jesus and Paul were not always friendly. Even the bible says "our God is a consuming fire" fire is not friendly...[/quote]
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Psoul(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Listen up girl.
I don't want to talk about if God approved wearing or not wearing of ear ring.
See, religion and doctrine are inseparable. Doctrine is a major part of every religion.

If you think that some doctrines in your religion is not okay, you try to lobby ppl to talk about it and see if it can be amended. You don't rebel against your religion. If you push for a change and they refuse, then change to another that has a favorable or more flexible doctrines.

Your action was rebellious and God hate rebellious children. You just wanted to test the strength of your church doctrine. If you had succeeded, you would have pushed further to see if you can break more doctrines that you feel are restricting your free lifestyle.

If your personal lifestyle is threatened by your church doctrine, move to another church. Church membership is on free entry, free exit. Thank you.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by AMI3(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2023
Dshocker:

Bros you fit wear skirt join am, rubbish.... So you are proud to come tell us that you wore ear rings, so we would condemn the church and praise you?

Oga it mustn't be written in the bible, before you would know that, as a guy, it is wrong.

I didn't even border to read the post I was even thinking that it is a female. Imagine a guy. Even some churches kick against women wearing ear rings how much more a guy

If they don't allow him there he should go to where the permit such not for him to try to justify his action against another organization rules.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use their doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
Are you male or female?.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by AMI3(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2023
arzizhy:

This comment sums it up. The best response actually.
How? No matter who u are I believe the most important thing is to respect the rules of the organization.

They don't want that there so what make the church to be useless.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Thereishel: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2023
Isaiah 3: 16-26. 1Peter 3: 1-6 kjv Bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Breaking News : No More Trousers For Redeemed Ladies, Adeboye Orders / Pictures Of Christmas Day Bomb Blast In Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.