Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% (20913 Views)

Local Refining Will Reduce Petrol Price By N70/ltr – Marketers / Subsidy Removal Drags Down Petrol Consumption By 28% / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Prayfortheworld: 10:09am On Jun 04, 2023
Latakia:
U mean vivid imagination where Obi Pandora was brutally deported back to Nigeria from UK grin
Bro 100k dy for you show me I'll credit you
I'm not joking
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by patrickcollins: 10:10am On Jun 04, 2023
Acekidc4:
Whether it reduces by 50 percent is of less concern to me, the real koko be say the Removal of Fuel Subsidy has come to stay........ Simple
The way u dey shout it has come to stay without viable options to checkmate the high cost of service and goods and equally economic suffering it will result into. Mind u that the money they are shouting they will save by removing fuel subsidy will be looted, and will not go into any meaningful stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by theysg: 10:10am On Jun 04, 2023
inoki247:
Lol so all doz figures about our daily consumptions are made up figures couple with the fuels been smuggled to Neighbouring countries.....

They are not made, some are smuggled into neighboring countries.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by theysg: 10:11am On Jun 04, 2023
jmoore:
It will reduce further because

1. People will travel less.

2. Some businesses will shutdown because of high cost of production.

3. Many homes will spend less time powering their homes with generators.

Myopic reasons.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by HomorBj(m): 10:11am On Jun 04, 2023
[quote author=Latakia post=123563184] It's true. The guy Ajaero lost his relevant when he openly declared his support for Obi. He also lost it when they couldn't fight for the masses during the CBN new naira note scarcity thinking the policy will affect Jagaban at the poll.[/quote
While I hope it's true,haven't seen it anywhere else,we need to neglect stupid ethnic alliances and work for the betterment of the country.NLC has no benefit for an average worker except its useless strikes and protest that leads to nothing.i wish OBJ or Buhari was in power,those ones no get human feeling,unlike BAT who's a better democrat.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by inoki247: 10:12am On Jun 04, 2023
theysg:

They are not made, some are smuggled into neighboring countries.

Lol I know is what have seen with my eyes in Benin Republic u will see petrol in keg left and right they hardly patronize filling station....

Like there Govt is even in support of that rubbish they sell with confidence....

Even in far away Ghana you will see people with Keg by the road side selling Petrol where are they all getting it from....
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Ahmeduana(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2023
jmoore:

Which means that they want to turn Nigeria to ELITIST ONLY COUNTRY, by creating means of falling into poverty more and more
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by maasoap(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2023
jmoore:

This is exactly what he was referring to. But this is bad for businesses and our economy in general because it means reduced spending.

inoki247:
Lol so all doz figures about our daily consumptions are made up figures couple with the fuels been smuggled to Neighbouring countries.....
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by lexy2014: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

That's because they number in the hundreds of thousands.

It is not just big men, and big cabals. Thousands of nigerians steal from the subsidy every day.

Jailing them won't stop the stealing. New people would step into the rift. The way forward was to destroy the system by removing its basis. Subsidy

So because yahoo boys use the internet for fraud then we should just shut down the entire internet.

Who are these "big men" and the "big cabals" can you name them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by maasoap(m): 10:17am On Jun 04, 2023
Passovile:
I still don't understand why it is so difficult to name those behind this subsidy scam and stealing.
What will happen if they name, shame and arrest them?
What exactly will happen?
They're not ghosts. In case it is not clear to you, they're primarily people who are given licences to import petrol. They inflate the figures they're bringing in and their counterparts corrupt carer officials would stamp their papers for reimbursement after collecting their own kickbacks. Some don't even import fuel at all but they still get their papers stamped for reimbursement.
Okonjo Iweala revealed all these when she was minister of finance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Athemisia: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2023
Mubiola360:
soon, power will improve 80%, businesses would great shift to diesel ( cheaper and economical) , lesser pressure on pms
Who told you diesel is cheaper?
Diesel is presently at #810 per litre.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by maasoap(m): 10:19am On Jun 04, 2023
Standing5:
I was expecting like 70% since they made us believe the poor aren't benefiting from it at all but a meagre 30% is poor for a product that just doubled in price.

Thank you. And some dullards are supporting the removal instead of telling the government to tackle the corruption associated with the subsidy payments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by adecz: 10:19am On Jun 04, 2023
They should also make food prices
higher than the current prices so that
Nigerians will eat less & not have energy
to fight bad governance❗️❗️

Bag of garri 50k
Bag of rice 80k
Bag of Beans 120k
25 litre veg oil 60k

Yeye, mad APC government❗️❗️❗️😕😕😕
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Bedotfarms: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2023
I don't understand this kind of doom Analysis, you don't know what's being consumed, and you here telling us it'll reduced by a certain figure.

Tell us, we Nigerians, if there was subsidy removal before because information reached us that no marketer received any dime called subsidy
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by treatise: 10:21am On Jun 04, 2023
Passovile:
I still don't understand why it is so difficult to name those behind this subsidy scam and stealing.
Very simple, those you're expected to name names are also involved in the scam.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Latakia(f): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2023
Prayfortheworld:

Bro 100k dy for you show me I'll credit you
I'm not joking
U never send 1K for your mama that sell abacha for village na me u wan take form, tomorrow u will now come online to beg grin
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by seborrhic: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2023
dre11:

https://admin.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/06/04/nnpc-subsidy-removal-to-reduce-petrol-consumrption-by-30/
this makes a lot of sense because the whole subsidy thing and the figures about our true fuel consumption thing has been a scam right from day one
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by maasoap(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

That's because they number in the hundreds of thousands.

It is not just big men, and big cabals. Thousands of nigerians steal from the subsidy every day.

Jailing them won't stop the stealing. New people would step into the rift. The way forward was to destroy the system by removing its basis. Subsidy
This is an admittance that corruption is winning and we as a people can't do anything about it. This approach is not good enough for us.
Fuel Subsidy is good for Nigerians because we're the producer and it makes life easier for the poor citizens. But let's remove it since we can't fight the corruption associated with it. grin grin grin
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2023
Nigeria feeding others and left his home hungry just for fraud sake.

Subsidy is gone! Let everyone buy the fuel including those west Africa countries and Centrals.
We need money to develop our Nation.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by maasoap(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Subsidy is gone! Let everyone buy the fuel including those west Africa countries and Centrals.
We need money to develop our Nation.
We had money, we have money. Lack of development in Nigeria wasn't as a result of lack of fund but lack of patriotism, out of control corruption, embezzlements, mega stealing, mismanagement and diversion. My friend, if 4 trillion naira is saved from fuel subsidy removal per year, you still won't witness any significant development.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2023

We need money
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by theysg: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2023
inoki247:

Lol I know is what have seen with my eyes in Benin Republic u will see petrol in keg left and right they hardly patronize filling station....

Like there Govt is even in support of that rubbish they sell with confidence....

Even in far away Ghana you will see people with Keg by the road side selling Petrol where are they all getting it from....

I go to Ghana a lot, and that Nigeria petrol inside keg thing is one of the eye-sore that I often see along that route.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2023
justified007:
Government should work on stable electricity and see if our fuel consumption will not drop by 70% .

We are still joking about development in Nigeria until we are able to sort out the electricity issue

Just watch and see what the Govt, Gen makers/marketers and fuel dealers will do next. If they are unable to get NLC to force the hands of govt, they will likely dev into the electricity sector. Especially now that generation and distribution is off the exclusive list.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Blaze14k: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2023
Latakia:
Yes daddy thank you daddy. Where was the useless Ajaero and his NLC when the CBN and Emefailure seized our cash during cash scarcity?

What a clown 😂😂 u see why i say ur head is empty. Dont worry continue ur stupid bigotry lets see were it will lead u😂😂 hope u don buy bicycle and solar? Me too i stand on tinubu mandate 😂😂
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by emorse(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2023
Passovile:
It's easier to pass the buck on to the table of the ordinary citizens. Anyone who expects any significant change as a result of this removal is queueing up for some big time disappointment. Until offenders start getting punished, they'll always find a way to circumvent the system.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by nairalanda1(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2023
obi58:

BS as usual from you.

Is it only Nigeria that has borders? How are other countries able to manage their borders and eliminate smuggling?

Why do you think armed robbery is on a decline while yahoo is on the increase? People will exploit a situation until stringent deterrents are put in place then most will look for alternatives except the foolhardy ones of course. Armed robbery in Nigeria will get you a minimum of 10yrs to life but Yahoo will get you a maximum of 3yrs. Which crime do you think will be more attractive?

If the death penalty is attached to smuggling like is done in Thailand for drugs and same is applicable to conniving government officials do you think smuggling will decline or not?

We all know the truth but as usual peddle propaganda to further the wrong motives of the cabal in the oil industry.

Now let me ask you another question. Now that fuel is N500 avg, will fuel stations now start dispensing fuel accurately? Will their 1 litre now actually be 1 litre? Will government actually step in to enforce this?

K.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Dancebreaker: 10:44am On Jun 04, 2023
jmoore:

Let the man be speaking English wey he nor sabi.
The way crime rate will go up, only God will save his children.
What are the concrete palliatives for the poor, elderly and infirm? shocked shocked
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by emorse(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2023
maasoap:

We had money, we have money. Lack of development in Nigeria wasn't as a result of lack of fund but lack of patriotism, out of control corruption, embezzlements, mega stealing, mismanagement and diversion. My friend, if 4 trillion naira is saved from fuel subsidy removal per year, you still won't witness any significant development.
He who has ears, let him hear. Punishing the masses for corruption in high places. Who are we deceiving?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by nairalanda1(m): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2023
maasoap:

This is an admittance that corruption is winning and we as a people can't do anything about it. This approach is not good enough for us.
Fuel Subsidy is good for Nigerians because we're the producer and it makes life easier for the poor citizens. But let's remove it since we can't fight the corruption associated with it. grin grin grin

The subsidy has mutated into a monster on which corruption partly takes over.

We can no longer sustain the monster

As Comrade Stalin , whom you admire says, eggs must be broken to make an omelette.

We must crush the monster now, or the IMF would be directly running our econony and forcing us to pay for petrol

At their terms.

Good morning, Comrade.
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by Prayfortheworld: 10:57am On Jun 04, 2023
Latakia:
U never send 1K for your mama that sell abacha for village na me u wan take form, tomorrow u will now come online to beg grin
B
Re: NNPC: Subsidy Removal To Reduce Petrol Consumption By 30% by emorse(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2023
obi58:

BS as usual from you.

Is it only Nigeria that has borders? How are other countries able to manage their borders and eliminate smuggling?

Why do you think armed robbery is on a decline while yahoo is on the increase? People will exploit a situation until stringent deterrents are put in place then most will look for alternatives except the foolhardy ones of course. Armed robbery in Nigeria will get you a minimum of 10yrs to life but Yahoo will get you a maximum of 3yrs. Which crime do you think will be more attractive?

If the death penalty is attached to smuggling like is done in Thailand for drugs and same is applicable to conniving government officials do you think smuggling will decline or not?

We all know the truth but as usual peddle propaganda to further the wrong motives of the cabal in the oil industry.

Now let me ask you another question. Now that fuel is N500 avg, will fuel stations now start dispensing fuel accurately? Will their 1 litre now actually be 1 litre? Will government actually step in to enforce this?

God bless you bro. This is the same thing I tried to explain to @Gajagojo on a different thread yesterday. The will to do the right things is what is missing in government. Passing the buck of their failures on to the desks of the masses will only make them appear like they're working. At the end of the day, nothing will be achieved. Make examples of offenders and watch everyone sit up.

When poor man thief, he go hear weeen when dem catch am. But when big man thief, dem go say make you commot your things from where he fit see am. Shey he no go break door go thief am for where you hide am last last?

Let's continue kidding ourselves and making excuses for the dumbos in power. After all, we're all in it together.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Were Humbled By Jonathan's Defeat - Adamu Mu'azu / Mark Gbillah Responds To Sex Scandal Allegations / DSS, EFCC In Fresh Face-off Over Invitation To SSS Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.