Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,512 members, 7,854,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:11 PM

Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed (18378 Views)

NLC Mobilises Unions For Nationwide Strike / Subsidy: You Can’t Go On Strike, FG Tells NLC, TUC / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Mobilises Affiliates In Preparation For Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by Deemas(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
Injera:

Total shut down in se as per Mondays

Oga I am in the North and the we are shutting down everywhere here.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by bayelsaowei(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Tinubu should revert to the old price or we embark on strike

Because, it's going to be a showdown

He shouldn't dare the resolve of the people

I want to see how they plan to implement the no work no pay when the whole labour force in the country goes down
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by Angelfrost(m): 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
MrBlock:

I don't think you understand. This is not about Subsidy. It's a gang up to frustrate Tinubu's government. Nothing he does will make sense in their eyes.

Ironically, if Peter Obi was president and he did the exact same thing Tinubu did, they will change narrative and say Peter Obi is decisive.

One thing people fail to understand however is that Tinubu didn't remove Subsidy, Buhari did. A supplementary budget will have to be passed for Subsidy to continue, but the 10th assembly does not even have a senate president talkless of passing a budget.

You see, Buhari set a trap for Tinubu just like he did during the primaries but I know that Tinubu will eventually triumph.

I pray he does... For everyone's sake!!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by JOemmy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
If they arrest the leaders of the NLC it will definitely escalate the whole thing. The apc are filled with criminals they are only interested in looting the nigerian treasury nothing else.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by bentenny(m): 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
let's see how the strike ll play out ist... And I think NLC should use Sense here anyway especially after they had supported obi who Lost out and came third... I perceive NLC might be divided.. in the end I hope for the better
Your statements are not only baseless but totally unnecessary!

We are not even talking about post election here!

That's still at the tribunal so let's leave it there!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record,NLC is not against subsidy removal!

That is quite explicit!
They are against the immediate removal that is taking place a month before the expiration!

You cannot remove subsidy with nothing on ground to ameliorate the sufferings of Nigerians by providing palliatives and ensuring that measures are put in place to ensure that the humongous effect it will cause for an average Nigerian will be reduced!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by eteebanky1: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
damble:
Removal of subsidy is good but how sure are we the money won't end or go back to the politicians. They are not to be trusted

Exactly what I'm thinking, those Wicked politicians will loot everything

I know how much money I have spent on transport since tinubu inauguration

Now, I think 100% Nigerians are actually benefiting from fuel subsidy

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by YoungmcCoy56: 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by Lush100(m): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
bitingcool:
Believe Nigerian government officials at your own peril.
They invested heavily in the Dangote group on an individual basis. The group borrowed US $3 billion to build the refinery, which evidently cost US $3.8 billion to build.

Fraud No 1 - The refinery was revalued in paper to US $13.9 billion when it was 70% completed.

Fraud No 2 - NNPC led by Mele Kyari, the statutory industry regulator and affirmatively a competitor with four moribund refineries in Port Harcourt, Warri and Kaduna, decided without public knowledge or imput, to buy 20% shares in Dangote Refinery. 20% shares is US $2.8 Billion.

The total amount required to revamp Warri and Port Harcourt refineries is US $2.65 billion. The question here is, what is the special interest in Dangote Refinery?

Fraud No 3 - The president of Nigeria hurriedly commissioned a refinery that is only 80% completed. The refinery may not be functional until January 2024.

NNPC, the industry regulator had advised the House of Representatives Appropriation Committee that the Dangote Refinery would be up and Running in March 2023 hence there would be no need to make provisions for Subsidy in 2023/24 Budget. Unfortunately, the Refinery is not ready and there are no provisions for subsidy in the budget.

At the commissioning of the half baked Refinery, Emefiele, the famous Central Bank Governor, announced that Dangote had paid 70% of the loan he took for the Refinery. I am forced to ask, how did a Refinery that is not operational raise money to pay 70%? The Nigeria stock exchange does not have any record of share sales in relation to Dangote Refinery other than the NNPC investment.

Fraud No 4 -When Dangote came into cement production, the government brought in a fictitous quality standard designed to restrict cement supply to his company and cut off all imports. The same style has now been adopted to grant Dangote the exclusive right to supply petrol to NNPC at a price determined by Dangote and his co- travellers.

Conclusion - the subsidy removal was planned and agreed by the government as a pre-condition for Dangote to build a refinery when the Western world is moving away from Fossil Fuel. The removal of the subsidy is to maximise profits for the owners of Dangote Refinery ie Mr Buhari, Mele Kyari, Emefiele, and so on. The list is long. They do not care about the common man. They forgot that there is no social welfare in Nigeria

They can tell us stories about loans and palliatives to deceive us as usual.

What they do not know is that Nigeria is about to be set on default setting!🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️🧎🏽‍♂️🧎🏽‍♂️🇳🇬🇳🇬😎😎
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by Exceed15: 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
walezy14:
NLC should ask government for palliatives for the poor and increment of salary for all federal government and state workers. Strike is not the solution.

Any action that will affect them too is the solution.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
bentenny:

Your statements are not only baseless but totally unnecessary!

We are not even talking about post election here!

That's still at the tribunal so let's leave it there!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record,NLC is not against subsidy removal!

That is quite explicit!
They are against the immediate removal that is taking place a month before the expiration!

You cannot remove subsidy with nothing on ground to ameliorate the sufferings of Nigerians by providing palliatives and ensuring that measures are put in place to ensure that the humongous effect it will cause for an average Nigerian will be reduced!
the issue with some of u no sense of logic that's why u guys think LP has a case let alone PDP in court... Instead of opposition to plan for 2027 after dividing votes amongst The they're chasing shadows in Court... The 2023 budget no provision for subsidy and if subsidy ll return there has to supplementary budget... So I still stand that NLC should be pragmatic in this situation... Whether u like it or not tinubu is already president till 2027... Let's hope for the better... And stop taking things too personal ok...
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by bentenny(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
the issue with some of u no sense of logic that's why u guys think LP has a case let alone PDP in court... Instead of opposition to plan for 2027 after dividing votes amongst The they're chasing shadows in Court... The 2023 budget no provision for subsidy and if subsidy ll return there has to supplementary budget... So I still stand that NLC should be pragmatic in this situation... Whether u like it or not tinubu is already president till 2027... Let's hope for the better... And stop taking things too personal ok...
The problem with your likes is getting involved in a matter you know little or nothing about but instead of making reasonable comments you prevaricate like a man that has lost his way!
Go and check the topic of the thread!
Does it make any reference to the tribunal?
Also go back and check the appropriation act that includes the end of June 2023 until subsidy is removed and stop exposing your ignorance!
I will not comment on your last statements because they are either off tangent or completely unnecessary!
Next time check a topic before rushing to commenting!
Smh
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by 9gerian: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
1. Those electric buses that Lagos just got should be looked into and arranged for every state of the federation ASAP. They can mix with diesel buses for short to medium terms stability as well. The buses will convey workers across major highways to ease transportation costs for low income workers.

2. Salary review should be done with the private sector involvement so as not to lead to wave of mass lay offs of workers. Both public and private sectors should be supported with low interest loans where needed.

3. The government must reduce its own spending, and ensure that there are no free fuel for any government officials, including the president and all National Assembly members. Everyone must pay premium for pms in solidarity. Anything outside of this is wickedness. 500 per liter is not a joke and should not be for some while others enjoy it freely.

Ultimately, the removal of subsidies (dollar and pms) will seriously stimulate the economy and boosts the employment figures. More people will gradually be pulled out of poverty and household income will grow. Disposable income will also grow accordingly and gradually people will be able to afford their usual cravings that look too drastic to forego after all the palliatives provided for their basic needs.

For the subsidy removal to succeed, the government has to be absolutely transparent and communicate every little detail of the journey. This is while the NLC in conjunction with CLOs and Media play the roles of the watchdogs that monitors, reports on and protects the commonwealth of the people. Then everyone works together!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by ivandrag0n: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
foleskay:

Alaye gbenu oshi e soun. It’s not everything u tribalize or poiticise. People are starving. Subsidy removal must be suspended temporarily

Mr. Incurable slowpoke, who is your “alaye”? You assume everyone is tout and internet troll like you?

Arindin jatijati, people are starving but also mostly realise that Nigeria cannot get much better if hurdles like the petrol subsidy, multiple Forex regimes, etc, are not sorted once and for all.

It is the ARIJE NIDI IBAJE like you who can’t see beyond your hatred for the government, iwo werey alainironu radarada!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by ivandrag0n: 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Angelfrost:

No need sounding insensitive!

Ipob and NLC members are not the only ones suffering out there!

If you have gone out there, you would know the level of suffering and discontent is astronomical and inhumane!

If things are manageable for you, don't belittle what many are going through!

You can't and don't punish the poor and demand obedience from them! No way!!!

So, speak for yourself.... NLC speaks for her members! In case, you don't know... NLC doesn't make decisions within a gathering of few top men! They actually reach a consensus across all states in the federation!

You can politicize and tribalize these issues all you want... The strike will still happen, and it will be massive!!! Except your elected or selected leaders come off their high horses and meet these people at the table of equity where everything must be thrown into the light!

Respect, my brother/sister! I like the tone of your fake even though you disagree totally with my views. That’s how it should be on sensible fora; participants should be able to have differing views and each free to express those views without being told they’re dumb, the way IPOB/Obidient/LP goons do with everything that’s not their taste!

Maximum respect to you. I wish there were more folks like you on this forum that has long become a bastion of louts, thugs, death-promoters, etc.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by Bfly: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
Poliqtics is Nigeria life
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
bentenny:

The problem with your likes is getting involved in a matter you know little or nothing about but instead of making reasonable comments you prevaricate like a man that has lost his way!
Also go back and check the appropriation act that includes the end of June 2023 until subsidy is removed and stop exposing your ignorance!
I will not comment on your last statements because they are either off tangent or completely unnecessary!
Smh
u shouldn't even comment back cos it changes nothing... Tinubu already said if Ina like protest subsidy is gone... And na from July so why did marketers increase the price when June Neva finish na tinubu do that one.. as for elections Court Case it ll end in defeat for both PDP and her feeders team LP ok... Wail all u want... U guys should tell them to unite if they're serious of beating APC...
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by bentenny(m): 11:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
u shouldn't even comment back cos it changes nothing...

Tinubu already said if Ina like protest subsidy is gone... And na from July so why did marketers increase the price when June Neva finish na tinubu do that one..

as for elections Court Case it ll end in defeat for both PDP and her feeders team LP ok... Wail all u want... U guys should tell them to unite if they're serious of beating APC...
Kindly Refer to my previous comments esp the one below in response to your highlighted wordings since you obviously lack basic comprehension....Though I can also assist you with the 'pidgin version' of my comments if that will aid your understanding....the rest of your regurgitated and benighted balderdash are as usual 'Dirt bin companions' and not sensible enough to elicit a response!

Smh
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:22am On Jun 06, 2023
bentenny:

Kindly Refer to my previous comments esp the one below in response to your highlighted wordings since you obviously lack basic comprehension....Though I can also assist you with the 'pidgin version' of my comments if that will aid your understanding....the rest of your regurgitated and benighted balderdash are as usual 'Dirt bin companions' and not sensible enough to elicit a response!

why did u reply I thought you said no need... It's obvious u are just ignorant and foolish too... Thats why u can't even understand anything at all... My statement Made still stands ok
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by bentenny(m): 2:40am On Jun 06, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
why did u reply I thought you said no need... It's obvious u are just ignorant and foolish too... Thats why u can't even understand anything at all... My statement Made still stands ok
Once again refer to my previous comments esp the recent one or better still ask nicely for a pidgin version in case English language is your 'Achilles heels'!

As usual,any benighted or irrelevant capping that has zero reference to the topic of discuss is either a dirt bin companion or a regurgitated balderdash not worthy of a response!

I won't also reply the 'foolish and ignorant' tag because you are obviously without a single doubt a sole embodiment of both!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed by BluntCrazeMan: 4:40am On Jun 06, 2023
Whenever NLC mobilises for strike,, they would be mentioning “THE POOR”...

But whenever they start negotiating with the FG,, they would forget about the same “POOR” People for which they were doing the strike for

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Coastal Highway Of Misplaced Priority & Abuse Of Due Process - Premium Times / Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / 28 States In Nigeria ‘technically Bankrupt’– Gov Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.