Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 (22301 Views)

Biggest Losers In Nigeria Politics Since 1999 / MC Oluomo: "I Have Been Loyal To Tinubu Since 1999" / Buhari Has Done More For Ndi Igbo Than Any Other Presidents Since 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by famology(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
That unfortunate loser will never answer.

Awon eleriibu

I just wonder how people can live a hate filled life like these guys have. God abeg oo
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Okhuadams(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2023
BlackAdams007:
Goodluck was good, according to this plot.
Old glory
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Tonnierichy(m): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

You are justifying rubbish

We have over 43 ministers, with 20 SAs and over 21 PS

When do we actually experience the Civil transformation we so desire
Same old fools
Same old pattern
Same old ways
You are allergic to sense.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by OlawaleBammie: 10:03am On Jun 07, 2023
famology:

I just wonder how people can live a hate filled life like these guys have. God abeg oo

That is why I said it chai never b wll wit pipu like him...

Nigeria will never bless him

D soil of this land will never bles him

He shall labour in vain

The soil of our land will never produce meaningful things for him.
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Microwhy: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:
How does this translate to anything?

We are talking about cutting the cost of governance yet you want to appoint 20 SAs for what exactly?

So after every NEC meeting, him and Remi should go inside the oza room, lock the door and start making final decisions/conclusion on critical national issues..
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by HomorBj(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=DeLaRue post=123622067]

Nigeria is a large country. 20 SAs is not too much.

I think the President is being strategic..

I totally agree,our kind of Presidential system and politics would make it impossible for any Elected politician either Gov or President not to compensate the hands who supported its aspiration.When I first saw the number,I was kinda furious, but then on a 2nd thoughts,politicians would always align and u can't push them away just like that,I hope Asiwaju can just proscribe that Minister of State.
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by OlawaleBammie: 10:08am On Jun 07, 2023
APCNig:

Why nah? Why telling us about your parents? Even if they are dumb, can’t you keep your family secrets? Why telling the whole world?
U got him wrong, he's on ur side
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by abiolamitodun(m): 10:10am On Jun 07, 2023
NtoAkwaIbom:
King Kong himself..
Everyone was scared of removing Subsidy.
Niga removed it from day one,
Every ObiTom, ObiDick and ObiHarry, begin dey jump jump, dey Do do, NLC,TUC,Johesu, NUJ, NYSC, BYC, and all does cult boys Dem comot dey front...

IDAN no jus send...
IDAN dey do him thing...
No matter what, I know say for this IDAN regime, we go dey proud to be Nigerian
What Nigerians don't understand is that the removal of subsidy made Nigeria control the economy of countries that border us....in 6 months time watch how Cameroonian bene and Ghanian will troop into Nigeria as their heaven...
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Justdare: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2023
seanfer:

At the bolded. How many Commissioners and SAs do your small state Governor have?
You should start this campaign from state level. 20 SAs is not too much for the president to have so far they’re going to be young and vibrant intelligent technocrats.
Pls don't bother explaining basic governance to a single-digit IQ fool. He is incapable of comprehension.
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Didijiji: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2023
Because Buhari soooooooo destroyed the stock values na

If Atiku or PO had won it will be more self
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Darnell9(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2023
Fooling ourselves won't do any good
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:38am On Jun 07, 2023
DeLaRue:
5% in a day is no beans.

Good returns.

If the government succeeds in merging the 2 official rates and devalue the naira close to $700, and make other sound economic policies in addition to Dangote petroleum coming on board, foreign money will pour into Nigerian stocks, and share prices will boom.

A lof of ifs there, but if things align for Nigeria in the next 6 months, hmmm.

Especially if the security situation gets even better.
grin grin grin grin

Prices of goods and services will fly higher and higher while salaries and wages remains constant
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Ofemannnu: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Never4getU:

Mumu are you just finding what to say? 20 SA to the president is much? Is that what you're trying to so or you're being hypocrite when a gov of a state is seeking approval for 50 SAs?

How many SAs did Buhari worked with? You have any idea?

You're just a fool who knows next to nothing but seating in comfort zone of ur roof to type rubbish.
Dont mind those hatred filled hypocrites.Jonathan had 133 aides when he came in.
20 is not much if they are technocrats and very economically and security-inclined potent.

20/02/2011

President Jonathan’s 133 aides

There is a flurry of activity in
the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).
Piles of files and documents are being collated and officials have been
detailed to analyse the huge mass of documents and data. NEXT
investigations reveal that the SGF’s office is working behind the
scenes for President Goodluck Jonathan who is determined to produce a
comprehensive response to the report of the Presidential Advisory
Council (PAC) which last month accused his government of wasting funds
on a behemoth work force.

Among other things, Mr. Jonathan
will put up a valiant defence for the over 133 personal aides which he
currently hires for the Presidency and who get paid about N780 million
every year. Sources who spoke with NEXT in confidence said that
although there are civil servants officially stationed in the State
House, the Presidency has not only hired this large array of private
aides but is furious with the Theophillus Danjuma-led committee for
questioning these appointments.

http://nigeriang.com/newstoday/president-jonathans-133-aides/7704/

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2023
Peppysco:

Political analysis is not your calling, quit discussing politics cos your knowledge of it is poor.

Ouch!

Touché touché touché
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Geovanni412:

Even bullshit stocks have moved up

A good example is FTN cocoa.

Company moved up from 0.30 naira to 0.80 naira.

If you check their website, they have not made a profit in years

Smh.

For real?

We are in for good times then.

Dead BONES shall rise again, amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2023
Tonnierichy:

You are allergic to sense.

Like your decadents
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Between governor and president, who should have more PAs

Weyrey

According to you he should increase it to 100 SAs
Maybe who knows your generation might just be lucky to be made SAs.
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2023
famology:

Answer his question. How many SAs ur governor get?

I don't know my governor
I only know the current president
You tell me about your governor
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Bakrabas: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:
How does this translate to anything?

We are talking about cutting the cost of governance yet you want to appoint 20 SAs for what exactly?

Don't forget OBJ use about 50
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2023
abiolamitodun:

What Nigerians don't understand is that the removal of subsidy made Nigeria control the economy of countries that border us....in 6 months time watch how Cameroonian bene and Ghanian will troop into Nigeria as their heaven...

They are already here. Too late, most of them already have Nigerian passports. Don’t forget the Lebanese too. I just hope they genuinely love our country and will work with us to rebuild it.

The ones that don’t have legal documents are the ones the government should focus on
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Larrydeko2987: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2023
DeLaRue:

Nigeria is a large country. 20 SAs is not too much.

I think the President is being strategic.

I believe much of the dynamic changes will come from these SAs and not Ministers. The President will have the opportunity to bring in young talented Nigerians from within and outside the country as SAs.

These talented people may be too young to be Ministers.

Also, these old politicians including ex governors still want to be Ministers. This is politics. Mr Tinubu can't totally ignore them, but we know most of them will not bring any new useful ideas.

I am more interested in the young SAs Mr Tinubu will bring into his government.

For the size of the task ahead, 20 SAs is not expensive.

It is the national assembly and ministries where a lot of money is wasted.

Meanwhile Adamawa state government just approved 50 SAs for the governor of the state. I don't see anything wrong in BAT to have 20 SAs all of them are going to work tirelessly
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:58am On Jun 07, 2023
abiolamitodun:

Return of the Mac!

The event of the 70s and 80s about to replay again.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by EponObi: 11:08am On Jun 07, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

Says a hypocrite that calls himself eponObi (Obi's preek)

Epon Gringory still get sense pass you grin
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Gr8amechi: 11:09am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

You are justifying rubbish

We have over 43 ministers, with 20 SAs and over 21 PS

When do we actually experience the Civil transformation we so desire
Same old fools
Same old pattern
Same old ways
I think your argument is flawed, Tinubu didn't appoint any minister yet.

Constitutionally he is mandated to appoint 36 ministers from each of the states plus FCT.

Also he has power to appoint a maximum of 25 SA.

Now note also that the designation of these positions differs, an SSA is equivalent to a minister in many ways.

Further, how many major sectors do we have in the economy?
20 SA isn't too big, the issue is they shouldn't be just media aide, if these aides are deployed to critical areas like tech, investment, mining, health security etc and he grants them unlimited access and listens to them, then it gives a great opportunity as those ministers will not be superly powerful as the president will have other opinions and not just those of the ministers.
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by EponObi: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2023
jieta:
I like your point apt and cogent, but is there any need for the last paragraph?

See my moniker now. What do you expect? grin

I will drag his blokos until eternity cheesy
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by MeineMutter: 11:15am On Jun 07, 2023
braine:
Good.

Its obvious we now have a leader.

Buhari fall my hand.

😁😁. Sorry jare. Pick your hand back.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by famology(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

I don't know my governor
I only know the current president
You tell me about your governor

U nor know ur governor? Hahaha 🤣🤣
Go sleep joor
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by OlawaleBammie: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

According to you he should increase it to 100 SAs
Maybe who knows your generation might just be lucky to be made SAs.

I have always bn lucky bro...

Pray for ursef and ur unborn generation
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by AfonjaConehead: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2023
EponObi:

elepon grin
Epon Gringory still get sense pass you grin
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by iamdapsyj(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
ada9ja:

Yar was the best

Upon the statistic that you saw there!! Chaii who do these people like this 🤔
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

I have always bn lucky bro...

Pray for ursef and ur unborn generation

I have always been blessed...👌
Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
famology:

U nor know ur governor? Hahaha 🤣🤣
Go sleep joor

Yes please
Remind me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ABSU Gang Molestation Suspects Unmasked / Oshiomhole, Tinubu, Ganduje, APC Leaders Meet Ibrahim Shekarau Today / Why We Visited Peoples Gazette's Office – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.