Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 (22236 Views)

Biggest Losers In Nigeria Politics Since 1999 / MC Oluomo: "I Have Been Loyal To Tinubu Since 1999" / Buhari Has Done More For Ndi Igbo Than Any Other Presidents Since 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Estello: 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
STOCK MARKET RESPONSE TO NEW GOVT

DAY ONE:
2023 — BAT: +5.22%
2015 — PMB: -0.77%
2011 — GEJ: +0.14%
2007 — YAR: +0.00%
1999 — OBJ: -0.07%

ONE WEEK AFTER:
2023 — BAT: 5.28%
2015 — PMB: -2.46%
2011 — GEJ: +0.52%
2007 — YAR: +4.52%
1999 — OBJ: +2.75%

#StatiSense
https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1666118611293941764?t=5ugrVHoA_x9twfdjJ0MtiQ&s=19

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by braine(m): 12:07am On Jun 07, 2023
Good.

Its obvious we now have a leader.

Buhari fall my hand.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 1:32am On Jun 07, 2023
How does this translate to anything?

We are talking about cutting the cost of governance yet you want to appoint 20 SAs for what exactly?

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by AdesegunSanni89: 1:49am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

We are talking about cutting the cost of governance yet you want to appoint 20 SAs for what exactly?

It translates to billions for shareholders. You can start investing also. Don't allow hatred to becloud your judgement and miss opportunities to make money.

233 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by DeLaRue: 3:14am On Jun 07, 2023
5% in a day is no beans.

Good returns.

If the government succeeds in merging the 2 official rates and devalue the naira close to $700, and make other sound economic policies in addition to Dangote petroleum coming on board, foreign money will pour into Nigerian stocks, and share prices will boom.

A lof of ifs there, but if things align for Nigeria in the next 6 months, hmmm.

Especially if the security situation gets even better.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by DeLaRue: 3:22am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

Nigeria is a large country. 20 SAs is not too much.

I think the President is being strategic.

I believe much of the dynamic changes will come from these SAs and not Ministers. The President will have the opportunity to bring in young talented Nigerians from within and outside the country as SAs.

These talented people may be too young to be Ministers.

Also, these old politicians including ex governors still want to be Ministers. This is politics. Mr Tinubu can't totally ignore them, but we know most of them will not bring any new useful ideas.

I am more interested in the young SAs Mr Tinubu will bring into his government.

For the size of the task ahead, 20 SAs is not expensive.

It is the national assembly and ministries where a lot of money is wasted.

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 4:28am On Jun 07, 2023
DeLaRue:

I believe much of the dynamic changes will come from these SAs and not Ministers. The President will have the opportunity to bring in young talented Nigerians from within and outside the country as SAs.

These talented people might be too young to be Ministers.

Also, these old politicians including ex governors still want to be Ministers. This is politics. Mr Tinubu can't totally ignore them, but we know most of them will not bring any new useful ideas.

You are justifying rubbish

We have over 43 ministers, with 20 SAs and over 21 PS

When do we actually experience the Civil transformation we so desire
Same old fools
Same old pattern
Same old ways

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by seanfer(m): 6:05am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

You are justifying rubbish

We have over 43 ministers, with 20 SAs and over 21 PS

When do we actually experience the Civil transformation we so desire
Same old fools
Same old pattern
Same old ways

At the bolded. How many Commissioners and SAs do your small state Governor have?
You should start this campaign from state level. 20 SAs is not too much for the president to have so far they’re going to be young and vibrant intelligent technocrats.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by SpatialKing(m): 6:11am On Jun 07, 2023
seanfer:

At the bolded. How many Commissioners and SAs do your small state Governor have?
You should start this campaign from state level. 20 SAs is not too much for the president to have so far they’re going to be young and vibrant intelligent technocrats.

So because a state has 100 SAs
That's justifies FG having surplus SAs

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by seanfer(m): 6:35am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

Simple logic between state Governor and President who truly needs SAs. Just 20.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by EponObi: 7:21am On Jun 07, 2023
DeLaRue:

Your are freaking smart. I've thought of this too. There's no way Asiwaju can bring in capable hands into his government while hungry, crook, entitled, old politicians are lurking in the corridor to get ministerial posts. Like it or not, you can't cross them if you don't want them to sabotage the country and/or destroy your chance of a second tenure; more so, they are the pillars that gave Asiwaju the needed support to winning the election; you can't cast them away. "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar." The main task would now be making sure there's synergy between the old ministers and the young, smart, technocratic SA's. I doubt that would be any problem; Asiwaju would have told them oldies how his government will run during consultations.

This is why we need someone like Tinubu at the helms of affairs. Obi would have, with his short sightedness, overhauled our ministries with "youths" and sabotage his tenure. Him and GEJ, I don't know who more naïve. This game no be by spewing Pakistan statistics grin

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by EponObi: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

Your hate for Tinubu no allow you think straight. grin

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by dominic17: 7:25am On Jun 07, 2023
Buhari body language comes to mind, don't let these APC deceivers get you.what has Tinubu done that warrant attributing market natural performance to him?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:00am On Jun 07, 2023
King Kong himself..
Everyone was scared of removing Subsidy.
Niga removed it from day one,
Every ObiTom, ObiDick and ObiHarry, begin dey jump jump, dey Do do, NLC,TUC,Johesu, NUJ, NYSC, BYC, and all does cult boys Dem comot dey front...

IDAN no jus send...
IDAN dey do him thing...
No matter what, I know say for this IDAN regime, we go dey proud to be Nigerian

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by helinues: 8:04am On Jun 07, 2023
Better Nigeria ahead seh with Tinubu's presidency.

He has done it before, he can do far more better this time.

I am proud for Tinubu to be my president

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Never4getU: 8:15am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

Mumu are you just finding what to say? 20 SA to the president is much? Is that what you're trying to so or you're being hypocrite when a gov of a state is seeking approval for 50 SAs?

How many SAs did Buhari worked with? You have any idea?

You're just a fool who knows next to nothing but seating in comfort zone of ur roof to type rubbish.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2023

5 Likes

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by ada9ja(f): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:22am On Jun 07, 2023
braine:
Good.
wetin good, we always talk am, Buhari is the most useless creature ever exist

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by AntiChristian: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2023
May Jagaban Succeed Aamin.

May Nigeria Succeed!

May all the enemies of Nigeria regress till they exist no more!

22 Likes

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by manchyme: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

20 is small nah, what of person wey appoint 50. If you're among the people appointed you won't complain even if it's 200

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by BABYBULLETIN: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2023
All just to justify a fail government..A failure will always remain a failure...

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by LilVast1(m): 8:23am On Jun 07, 2023
BlackAdams007:
Goodluck was good, according to this plot.
Umar Musa Yar’adua is the best as you can see

3 Likes

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by AgentGoat: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2023
DeLaRue:

Thumb up

19 Likes

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by alizma: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2023
SpatialKing:

The post is not for the understanding of every Tom, Dick and Harry.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by Burgerlomo: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2023
😎

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by grandstar(m): 8:25am On Jun 07, 2023
If BAT had included in his speech his government was contemplating slashing company tax to 15%, the stockmarket would have risen by at least 10%.

Who is he going to appoint as finance minister and when is Emefiele going to be sacked? It's all a matter of time.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:25am On Jun 07, 2023
This is the very reason I supported BAT
And I know he will deliver

24 Likes

Re: Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 by jieta: 8:26am On Jun 07, 2023
EponObi:

Your are freaking smart. I've thought of this too. There's no way Asiwaju can bring in capable hands into his government while hungry, crook, entitled, old politicians are lurking in the corridor to get ministerial posts. Like it or not, you can't cross them if you don't want them to sabotage the country and/or destroy your chance of a second tenure; more so, they are the pillars that gave Asiwaju the needed support to winning the election; you can't cast them away. "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar." The main task would now be making sure there's synergy between the old ministers and the young, smart, technocratic SA's. I doubt that would be any problem; Asiwaju would have told them oldies how his government will run during consultations.

This is why we need someone like Tinubu at the helms of affairs. Obi would have, with his short sightedness, overhauled our ministries with "youths" and sabotage his tenure. Him and GEJ, I don't know who more naïve. This game no be by spewing Pakistan statistics grin
I like your point apt and cogent, but is there any need for the last paragraph?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries / INEC Postpones Election In Parts Of Edo / Workers Salary: APC Should Stop Being Shameless – Ekiti Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.