Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You (35106 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / Man Reunites With Man Who Saved His Life After Robbery Attack 25 Years Ago (Pix) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Meerahbel: 8:40am On Jun 07, 2023
*Life after petrol-subsidy removal*

*There is no provision for fuel subsidy in the next budget. Prepare to cushion the effect of its removal.*

*1. Register your children and wards in schools at trekking distance from your house.*

*2. Patronize neighbourhood shops and market.*

*3. Attend neighbourhood places of worship.*

*4. Workers cooperatives should purchase vehicles to convey members to and from work at below commercial rate.*

*5. Many of the issues for which you move around can be settled on the phone.*

*6. Embrace virtual meetings.*

*7. Total distance not more than 5km to-fro should be trekked. Trekking is good for health.*

*8. Think of more innovative ways of reducing your exposure to PMS (Petrol or Gas) economy.*

As funny as some of these may sound, it might be helpful ๐Ÿ˜‚

211 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Taylor90: 8:41am On Jun 07, 2023
Omo

13 Likes

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Meerahbel: 8:42am On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor90:
Omo
Yes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by RoadMozart(m): 8:44am On Jun 07, 2023
How about getting an electric bike?

How about travellers, any tip for them?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by ohigus(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2023
Nice insight

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Meerahbel: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
RoadMozart:
How about getting an electric bike?

How about travellers, any tip for them?
Get it if you can afford it

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by slawomir: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Damnnn niggar
The thing is not funny

My lexus Es 350 full tank I normally fill with sixteen thousand is now thirty six thousand naira

Yesterday I was about to book God is good motor for my cousin sister from Benin to abuja...only for me to see the prices to be 27,000k
I shock

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by billionman: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Copy and paste

2 Likes

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Nbote(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
There's a whole lot that hasn't made sense ever since this thieves started talking about removing subsidy. NNPC have been the sole importers of petrol into this country since 2016 after the last administration came in. So who are they paying subsidy claims to? Remember the last President was the Minister of Petroleum and sat over those transactions and details which is strangely why subsidy payment multiplied in their tenure. Now instead of auditing the NNPC and carrying out forensic analysis to purge the rot from the system and sanitize the industry, they chose to end the subsidy payment schedule agta settling themselves for the past 8 years. And to make matters even worse, they paid for 20% stake in a private Refinery while the state owned refineries have been left to rot

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Oppsin: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Kharol1234: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Foods nko

Plant vegetables yam and other things in your small garden

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by tasalanoni(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
9 Question the necessity of whatever you are doing and let it guide your decisions. Don't be driven by a sense of luxury. Rather be driven by a sense of necessity.

10. Carry out a proper power/energy auditing of your house and place of work, identify the energy sinks and block them.

11 Go for less power intensive appliances and switch to lower power rating systems to drive them.

12 There's no better time to invest in renewables than now. The upfront cost is usually discouraging but the long term benefits outweigh it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
One very important thing to help is to know that subsidy is gone for good. Don't blame Tinubu or your village people. Endure, joy comes in the morning not some unserious Obikererenke lamba.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by neutralmind: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
More tips

1. Know the exact size of your fuel tank if you have a car. If your tank size is more than 60 litres.

Sell it and buy a smaller car with a smaller tank and lower fuel consumption.

2. Embrace alternative sources of electricity like solar, inverters etc.

3. Buy energy-efficient electronics and house hold items. Discard your ox fan and buy a cloud energy standing fan that consumes just 10 watts

4. Buy food items in bulk. Talk to your friends and colleagues buy rice in bulk and split. Do same for meat, vegetables and other foodstuffs

Wish you luck

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Chuknovski(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
Very good and helpful, I have a car and a motorbike, the bike has been so useful, thank God, am happy with My jaguar bike

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Dozie32(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
They should make lives of its citizens better, before removing subsidy.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by olahero(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
Very insights.
Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Ekejoestar(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
Overnight analysts, no matter how much you prepare for the subsidy's removal, it won't make any difference if the present govt doesn't put in place policies that will strengthen the naira against the dollar, bring the best family planners to help you reduce the cost of running a family also won't matter.

12 Likes

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Sososo(f): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Covid promax๐Ÿ˜‚

4 Likes

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Whois(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Trekking is good for your health if you're willing to burn fat I.e. remain slim

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Revival77t: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
MASTER (A.I ART AND ANIMATION) AND MAKE MORE MONEY ONLINE.
AI art (Artificial Intelligence art) is a form of digital art created or enhanced with AI tools.ย  A.I videos are far better than cartoons as they look and perfom like real human/Animals.
A.I art works with tools ( it doesn't require knowledge of programming, painting or drawing skills)
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT:
* Helps in Marketing ( Video ads)
* Content Creator ( like YouTube and Tiktok)
* Enhance Teaching Materials
* Comic Book Creator

HOW YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH IT:
* Freelance Services (it's highly demanded)
* create and sell video contents
* Promote Your brands
* Have a YouTube channel and focus on a nice niche .
* Advertise for Print on Demand video.
* Atimes sacrifice your time, create promotional videos for big brands, approach them with, I bet you, about 90% of them would compensate you.
* With A.I art skills, you are already an artist.Just think about wall arts
* Create Children books
* As the knowledge is not yet saturated, you can teach others and make money also .
The course consists of 16 detailed videos and they are not heavy.
Price N4,500

1 Like

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by HacheNoire: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Invest in bicycles, scooters and skateboards

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Very Good thread.

Thanks a bunch OP.

๐Ÿ’‹ ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜— ๐Ÿ˜š ๐Ÿ˜™

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by pansophist(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Use jumia to shop online and let their logistic service do the waka waka for you. Also, many things are cheaper online than in shops, due to overhead costs and the economics of scale.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Zealag(m): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Buy magic broom,so you can fly like witch.no traffic for air,you don't need fuel also.
Embrace solar energy for lighting

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by sisisioge: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Trekking sha....all of us go dey healthy last last grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by osuolale95(m): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Facts
Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by CodeTemplar: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Vote out lazy parties.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by CodeTemplar: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sell cars and buy bikes and solar system.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Subsidy Removal - 8 Things To Help You by Meerahbel: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
wink
post=123632084:
Very Good thread.

Thanks a bunch OP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mum Runs Mad Over News Of Death Of Baby She Waited Seven Years To Have / My Wife Demands Money From Me Before Sex โ€“ Husband Tells Judge / NHS Doctor(Nigerian) And Wife โ€˜Owned Man As Slave For 24 Yearsโ€™

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.