Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Mpg Challenge Nigeria - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Mpg Challenge Nigeria (11817 Views)

Low Mpg On Camry 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by agoodman(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
DukeNija:

Have you factored traffic?

We don't have much traffic here in Akure.
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kewtt: 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
ksmart027:
Vehicle type/make: 2004 Honda Civic

Tank size 50L

Engine size: 1.7L @125hp stick shift

City driving within port Harcourt with AC on.

Target is 600km.
2007 Honda Civic
Shift stick.
City driving. Target with full tank 600km. No AC.
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kewtt: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
diportivo:
all these one na undue pressure

if it needs calculator,park it angry

the reality on ground is harsh......everybody go feel am

weda the calculator na scientific or ordinary casio or even texas instrument,it won't change a thing undecided

and this is me talking from the angle of those of us that don't knw how to buy full tank

cos una dey here now dey do like say na all of us dey cruise enter filling station dey chook head for outside shout FILL UP
Diplo stop this yarn. You know the drill.
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kewtt: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
Highorbit7O16:
I'm averaging 13-15mpg on Lexus Rx 300 cry
Although my catalyst was taken to a town hall different from ...
This is trouble
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by diportivo: 9:00am On Jul 01, 2023
Kewtt:

Diplo stop this yarn. You know the drill.

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kewtt: 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
[quote author=diportivo post=124139744][/quote]
Way to go....if not that you fled our junction...

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by banky3w(m): 1:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
Kufie:
2013 Toyota Camry XLE V6

50.8mpg using cruise control @ 70kph
I’m suspecting you used premium fuel and definitely not our naija mumu fuel or maybe you added some additives.

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by chloride6: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
Trip | Ibadan - Lagos (return leg)
Fuel Consumption| 29.7mg
Car Model|ES350 2014
Engine |2GR-FE v6

Achieved over 30mpg on th first leg of the journey.

My eyes are permanently glued to the instant mpg screen. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I only accelerate lightly never exceeding 2k rpm.

And I never accelerate continuously for more than 2-3 secs, after that I use a feather light touch of the pedal. Anytime I have to burn fuel on a climb, I ensure I blow free on the decline.

My average speed too wasn't too bad, most of the time 90km/hr with occasional 120km/hr.

3 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kewtt: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
chloride6:
Fuel Consumption| 29.7mg
Car Model|ES350 2014
Engine |2GR-FE v6

And I never accelerate continuously for more than 2-3 secs, after that I use a feather light touch of the pedal. Anytime I have to burn fuel on a climb, I ensure I blow free on the decline.

My average speed too wasn't too bad, most of the time 90km/hr with occasional 120km/hr.

Very inaccurate measurement. Fill up that car and refill from similar volume dispenser at the end of the trip. Then you can tell us what fuel quantity was used.

4 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by chloride6: 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kewtt:

Very inaccurate measurement. Fill up that car and refill from similar volume dispenser at the end of the trip. Then you can tell us what fuel quantity was used.

I don't know why you would think onboard mpg less accurate than your cut and join method.

The amount of errors introduced in your fill up and divide method are so much,

1. Your fuel guage is very insensitive to changes in fuel tank status especially when you 'fill' up. A disparity of as little as 2 litres can significantly throw off your calculations especially in the high mpg/low l/100 region.

In the end it's all about fun.

2 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by SocialJustice: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Let me take the first swing.

Vehicle make/model: Toyota Prius 2009 hybrid

Tank size : 45L

Reserve light indicator: 11L

Amount of fuel to be used 34L

Engine size 1.5L @110Hp

I will be doing city driving only in Lagos .

Target is about 600km on 34L.

Oga where your vboot, Prius na cheating. πŸ˜‚

Omo see S550, you too enjoy.
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by esiri4jesu(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
2003 toyota camry 4 cylinders, 6.7km per liter. Can we say it is ok?
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by valarinz: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
chloride6:
Fuel Consumption| 29.7mg
Car Model|ES350 2014
Engine |2GR-FE v6

Please tell me this is not how you drive always, tell me you deliberately drove this way for the sake of this challenge cry cry

Tell me you didn't spend cash to buy such an exciting machine only to end up driving it like a Yaris all year long

Pls, don't break my heart😭

4 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by chloride6: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
valarinz:

Please tell me this is not how you drive always, tell me you deliberately drove this way for the sake of this challenge cry cry

Tell me you didn't spend cash to buy such an exciting machine only to end up driving it like a Yaris all year long

Bros, when I first buy this car my car dey sports mode permanently but bla la blu don humble me.

5 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
SocialJustice:
Oga where your vboot, Prius na cheating. πŸ˜‚

Omo see S550, you too enjoy.

Vboot and 190 are currently used as fuel storage tanks, they have ₦184 full tanks which will be used in the far future or whenever there is scarcity it will be sucked out .

3 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
valarinz:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
So I disconnected the backup battery terminal on my hybrid when installing an aftermarket android system. Lost trip info.

Filled up again and will only post results when empty .

4 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by dannybrasky(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
So I disconnected the backup battery terminal on my hybrid when installing an aftermarket android system. Lost trip info.

Beautiful screen.
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by SocialJustice: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Vboot and 190 are currently used as fuel storage tanks, they have ₦184 full tanks which will be used in the far future or whenever there is scarcity it will be sucked out .
Too much wisdom. I greet you.
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by banky3w(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
valarinz:

Not only for the fun of it as revving your car high once in a while helps remove carbon deposits from your engine. Try doing this once in a while when traveling to help your engine. I’m not saying you should redline the engine oh.

3 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by diportivo: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

always filling up

since u started this thing now u don fill up like 3 times

na person wey dey try follow ur footsteps I dey pity like this grin

make dem no start dey curse u when jungle mature

4 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kewtt: 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
chloride6:

I don't know why you would think onboard mpg less accurate than your cut and join method.

The amount of errors introduced in your fill up and divide method are so much,

1. Your fuel guage is very insensitive to changes in fuel tank status especially when you 'fill' up. A disparity of as little as 2 litres can significantly throw off your calculations especially in the high mpg/low l/100 region.

In the end it's all about fun.

My cut and join method is foolproof. Use same station and if possible same nozzle for refill. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by valarinz: 6:54am On Jul 03, 2023
diportivo:

always filling up

since u started this thing now u don fill up like 3 times

na person wey dey try follow ur footsteps I dey pity like this grin

make dem no start dey curse u when jungle mature

Where you dey even get all these your funnily crazy pics grin grin grin

Abeg interpret am for those wey no understand the language 🀣🀣
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by arcbaba: 7:59am On Jul 03, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

You and after market androids are like 5 and 6. I have not been able to do so on any of my cars because I see it as altering the real dashboard
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
arcbaba:

You and after market androids are like 5 and 6. I have not been able to do so on any of my cars because I see it as altering the real dashboard

I only buy what is designed for my vehicles .

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
I have been driving over 15 years and can count the number of times my petrol has ever gone below half tank.

Can't enter this challenge cos I have a morbid fear of running out of petrol in a terrible traffic in Lagos so I always keep my tank filled up

3 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by RoadMozart(m): 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Is that from Aliexpress? I stopped buying from them when they brought a fake item to me
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kingdemu: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

Is that from Aliexpress? I stopped buying from them when they brought a fake item to me
AliExpress is a market not a store. You need to do your due diligence.

5 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by ksmart027(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

Always read reviews of the product you want to buy.

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2023
Kobicove:
I have been driving over 15 years and can count the number of times my petrol has ever gone below half tank.

Can't enter this challenge cos I have a morbid fear of running out of petrol in a terrible traffic in Lagos so I always keep my tank filled up

put gallon of fuel for boot. Fear fear woman

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by cluewebhost(m): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
My group people. I typically drive a few days then fill up so my tank is almost always full grin

Kobicove:

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by arcbaba: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

This cost is alot o for that model of vehicle! Weldone sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

We're At It Again!!! Clear Your Cars and containers Faster And Cheaper With Us. / Peugeot 406 (2.0 L: Ew10 Engine) Manual Transmission / Toks 2007 Model Honda Accord Full Optionsssssssssss Forsale.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.