Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,521 members, 7,843,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira (40493 Views)

Abayomi Segun Oluwasesan: How I Hacked Afriq Arbitrage System, Stole Billions / Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions / Agro Partnership Powered By Farmforte. Any Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by bamot: 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
Effort of this investigative journalist (Taiwo Alimi) is highly commendable. However, the question Nigerians wanted SEC to answer as a regulatory body are: (1).Why did SEC allow this fraudulent outfit to operate since 2018 before realizing that they have been operating illegally?
(2). Why the sudden closure of their offices without any concrete plan as to how investors would get their money back?
(3). Why did
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
PNomsule:

Mr. you've shown no knowledge on investment fundamentals, just empty words and false assumptions. cheesy

Investors are expected to do their due diligences, make provisions for margin of safety, understand how the Investment makes money, have an average idea of the market, know the expected profit margin from the business, the growth rate of the business.

I stand to be corrected all the people who lost most are either greedy, speculating,dumb, trying to play catch up or lacked basic understanding of functional financial literacy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by bamot: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
Effort of this investigative Journalist (Taiwo Alimi) is highly commendable. However, the question Nigerians wanted SEC to answer as a regulatory body are: (1).Why did SEC allow this fraudulent outfit to operate since 2018 before coming to sudden realization that they have been operating illegally?
(2). Why the sudden closure of their offices without any concrete plan as to how investors would get their money back?
(3). Why had the EFCC not declared these fraudsters wanted despite a load of petition written to them to act upon?
(4) Why is it taking so long for SEC to respond to many petitions written to them in respect of this subject matter?
FG, should rescue innocent investors from these cabal who are making life miserable for everyone and scaring away genuine investors from Nigeria.
(Modify) (Quote) (
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
We have bastardized the word investor, to the extent that every speculator, gambler and get rich quick hunter call themselves investors

2 Likes

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by maasoap(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
sgtponzihater1:

I totally agree with you that laziness is also a huge factor, a lot of people will rather others do the research and thinking for them. But, as a PonziHater for years, I find greed mostly drives people into these monkey differences. Many people who loose as much as 40million are not ignorant or lazy about making money.

There is a difference between business and investment. Many people including those doing business do not know this.

Business provide profits, just like work provide wages. But investment is taking from that profit or income to build freedom in the future. While I make money everyday, I should take a portion of that money to keep somewhere so when I cannot make money daily, I have something tomorrow.
If I save that money, It looses value due to inflation, so I keep the money in safe financial vehicles that build that money at maybe "8-12%" per annum, to beat inflation. That's investment!

I guess their problem is identifying genuine investments without necessarily giving priority to high returns

1 Like

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by narite: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Investors are expected to do their due diligences, make provisions for margin of safety, understand how the Investment makes money, have an average idea of the market, know the expected profit margin from the business, the growth rate of the business.

I stand to be corrected all the people who lost most are either greedy, speculating,dumb, trying to play catch up or lacked basic understanding of functional financial literacy
It all of the above.
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by PNomsule: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I can't see anywhere you mentioned motive of the Investment? Like, what do I want in a particular investment...?

If you have the time and resources to do as much a thorough check of such a company, you should as well just do the business yourself, don't you think?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
PNomsule:

I can't see anywhere you mentioned motive of the Investment? Like, what do I want in a particular investment...?

If you have the time and resources to do as much a thorough check of such a company, you should as well just do the business yourself, don't you think?!

Since you are not the one running the business that is why one needs to carry out his due diligence, risk management and give a reasonable margin of safety.

Did you get the annual reports of the company, do you have an idea of their debt, equity, free cash flow etc

When was the last annual general meetings of the company.

Anybody who is not ready to scrutinize all these should invest in Treasury Bill, FGN bonds, commercial papers, corporate bonds and other money market instruments.

People who lose money should take it as part of their financial education and then up their investment game

3 Likes

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by PNomsule: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Since you are not the one running the business that is why one needs to carry out his due diligence, risk management and give a reasonable margin of safety.

Did you get the annual reports of the company, do you have an idea of their debt, equity, free cash flow etc

When was the last annual general meetings of the company.

Anybody who is not ready to scrutinize all these should invest in Treasury Bill, FGN bonds, commercial papers, corporate bonds and other money market instruments.

People who lose money should take it as part of their financial education and then up their investment game

...but this hasn't been my argument na
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by bamot: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Oga!
Are you saying that those who invested in shares of moribund companies are fools?
Are you saying that those Contractors and Staff who are being owed are fools?
Are you saying that Nigerians who kept their money with commercial banks and lost all before CBN Governor Sanusi came and sanitise the system are fools?
What you don't seem to understand is that crowdfunding had been in existence since 19th century and this system has become a veritable source of funds to grow SMEs in China and other developing countries.
What you need to do is to condemn the activities of these scammers and pray not to meet their type of human beings rather than talking as if you are super intelligent

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=bamot post=123767052][/quote]

After your due diligence, you don't invest and go to sleep.

The banks that went down through CBN policy when Sanusi was the governor, did not go down over night. The signs were there. A business that will go down will give sign at least 12 months before it collapsed.

When the market crashed, a lot of people who called themselves investors knew nothing about business valuation, the could not differentiate between the price of a stock and the value of a stock

People who can't undertake the rigourous intellectual exercise that investing in the stock market requires are advised to invest in Money Market Investments or professionally managed Mutual Funds
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by bamot: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
Those who hold the position that Ayoola invested foolishly need to answer these questions
Are those who invested in shares and those companies where they invested become moribund fools?
Are you saying that those Contractors and Staff who are being owed by AgroPartnership acted foolishly in working for the company?
Are you saying that Nigerians who kept their money with commercial banks and lost all before CBN Governor Sanusi came and sanitise the system are fools?
What some of you don't seem to understand is that crowdfunding had been in existence as far back as 19th century and this system has become a veritable source of funds to grow SMEs in China and other developing countries.
What you need to do is to condemn the activities of these scammers, do whatever in your capacity to ensure that these Creditors get part of their money back and pray not to come across these type of human beings in your journey of life rather than talking as if you are super intelligent

1 Like

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2023
bamot:
Those who hold the position that Ayoola invested foolishly need to answer these questions
Are those who invested in shares and those companies where they invested become moribund fools?
Are you saying that those Contractors and Staff who are being owed by AgroPartnership acted foolishly in working for the company?
What some of you don't seem to understand is that crowdfunding had been in existence as far back as 19th century and this system has become a veritable source of funds to grow SMEs in China and other developing countries.
What you need to do is to condemn the activities of these scammers, do whatever in your capacity to ensure that these Creditors get part of their money back and pray not to come across these type of human beings in your journey of life rather than talking as if you are super intelligent

When you invest, you invest in either the equity or debt of the business.

Those who invested in Farm Forte, I guess loaned money to the business. What is the pedigree of the founders of the business? What is the collateral security when they invested in debts of Farm Forte.

Interest rate is about 24% and below, don't you think that is cheaper for the business. Unfortunately the business is not bankable that was why they couldn't get cheaper funds from the bank.

Any investor who loaned money to Farm Forte should know that they have invested in the debt of a business that is not bankable and there is a high probability of losing their funds.

Ayoola lost N20 million, which was his retirement benefit. As an accountant he ought to know the importance of risk management and diversification, he should have invested his funds in up to 5 different asset classes ( not referring to 5 digital agricultural Investment platforms).

People who lost their money, should be on and count the money lost as tuition fees for their business and investment education.

When a man who has money meets a man who has experience, the man with the money will gain experience while the man who has experience will get the money.

2 Likes

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by Kobicove(m): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2023
denzel231:
Farmforte and agro partnership......they are thesame.. the fraud was carried out by Nigeria banks, sec, efcc, they all have their shares ..shittt hole country ...it's an organize crime .
The only way you can get your money is if you know a top person there or a top person in government is involved, they will make refund so as not to enter more problem...

What evidence do you have to prove that the banks and SEC were complicit in the scam?
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kobicove:

What evidence do you have to prove that the banks and SEC were complicit in the scam?

Don't mind them.

I warned them on Digital agricultural Investment thread, I was abused.

If all these digital agricultural Investment platforms were genuine they should have raised funds through a SEC regulated commercial papers or corporate bonds. But I am sure any of them can jump the strict hurdles required by SEC for such commercial papers and corporate bonds.
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by denzel231: 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kobicove:

bro they are all thieves... Why has sec not spoken out since they robbed Nigerians? No scam is permitted or done without working with the banks, Dem bury the money for ground?

1 Like

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2023
denzel231:
bro they are all thieves... Why has sec not spoken out since they robbed Nigerians? No scam is permitted or done without working with the banks, Dem bury the money for ground?

Since bank interest rates are 24% and below, how come Farm Forte didn't get bank loans at 24% but instead agreed to pay the so called investors 40% and above.

Businesses will always prefer to get cheaper funds.

Banks knew that the business model of these guys is risky, not sustainable and not bankable.

But you guys decided to invest in such.

Did they ask for SEC authentication of the investment before they committed funds, so why are they asking for SEC intervention.

It is stupidity for one to lose money to MMM, MBA forex and different digital agricultural Investment platforms all within 5 years.

I won't be surprised if people who lost money to Farm Forte will still make the same mistake again.

Scammers will always get Nigerians because we are gullible and always want the easiest way to wealth creation

Genuine Investment and wealth creation opportunities are highly coded.

They don't beg people to come and make money, they don't market genuine money making opportunities to all Tom, Dick and Harry.

When money making and wealth creation opportunities are highly publicized to unsophisticated investors, there is a very high probability that people will be scammed

1 Like

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by denzel231: 12:05am On Jun 14, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Since bank interest rates are 24% and below, how come Farm Forte didn't get bank loans at 24% but instead agreed to pay the so called investors 40% and above.

Businesses will always prefer to get cheaper funds.

Banks knew that the business model of these guys is risky, not sustainable and not bankable.

But you guys decided to invest in such.

Did they ask for SEC authentication of the investment before they committed funds, so why are they asking for SEC intervention.

It is stupidity for one to lose money to MMM, MBA forex and different digital agricultural Investment platforms all within 5 years.

I won't be surprised if people who lost money to Farm Forte will still make the same mistake again.

Scammers will always get Nigerians because we are gullible and always want the easiest way to wealth creation

Genuine Investment and wealth creation opportunities are highly coded.

They don't beg people to come and make money, they don't market genuine money making opportunities to all Tom, Dick and Harry.

When money making and wealth creation opportunities are highly publicized to unsophisticated investors, there is a very high probability that people will be scammed
nice one but you are just writing epistles... Banks are crooks, thieves. Like I told you before, they have their shares from the heist. It's unfortunate that they can easily get away with it because efcc, sec, banks are working together bro, even media houses are paid to keep quiet, it's a failed system. Sec is another trash that's for the highest bidder. Let me tell you, agro partnership was even aired on CNN, baba the country is a mess. If you want to see how this ponzi works, watch jude bella on YouTube, he's very good with his research and his content is very different from every YouTube. Greetings

1 Like

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:47am On Jun 14, 2023
denzel231:
nice one but you are just writing epistles... Banks are crooks, thieves. Like I told you before, they have their shares from the heist. It's unfortunate that they can easily get away with it because efcc, sec, banks are working together bro, even media houses are paid to keep quiet, it's a failed system. Sec is another trash that's for the highest bidder. Let me tell you, agro partnership was even aired on CNN, baba the country is a mess. If you want to see how this ponzi works, watch jude bella on YouTube, he's very good with his research and his content is very different from every YouTube. Greetings

Responsible people take responsibility for the consequences of their actions and inactions, while irresponsible people blame other people for the negative consequences of their actions and take responsibility for the positive consequences of their actions.

Unfortunately less 5% of Nigerians are responsible, we blame our parents, landlords, employer, government, leaders,spouses, banks , SEC.

If banks are trash to you, good luck.

Banks have been good to me, I have gotten series of loans from the bank which i have used in purchasing income producing assets.

SEC have protected my investment in Money Market Funds, Fixed Income Funds, Eurobond Funds , Real Estate Investment Trusts, Commercial papers, Corporate bonds etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by bamot: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

You have spoken well as a Financial analyst (I guess). What is your suggestion on how Financial illiterate and gullible Nigerians (rephrasing your comment) will do to get their money back?
We are talking about 60,000 investors here! Don't you think that some of them could end up commiting suicide?

When you invest, you invest in either the equity or debt of the business.

Those who invested in Farm Forte, I guess loaned money to the business. What is the pedigree of the founders of the business? What is the collateral security when they invested in debts of Farm Forte.

Interest rate is about 24% and below, don't you think that is cheaper for the business. Unfortunately the business is not bankable that was why they couldn't get cheaper funds from the bank.

Any investor who loaned money to Farm Forte should know that they have invested in the debt of a business that is not bankable and there is a high probability of losing their funds.

Ayoola lost N20 million, which was his retirement benefit. As an accountant he ought to know the importance of risk management and diversification, he should have invested his funds in up to 5 different asset classes ( not referring to 5 digital agricultural Investment platforms).

People who lost their money, should be on and count the money lost as tuition fees for their business and investment education.

When a man who has money meets a man who has experience, the man with the money will gain experience while the man who has experience will get the money.

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:51am On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=bamot post=123799971][/quote]

We have elements of risk in every investments. People are usually advised to invest what they could afford to lose

They count their loss, move on, make good use of the lessons learned and should not repeat the mistakes again.

Those who have the financial resources can sue the promoters of the phantom Investment schemes
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by atilla(m): 7:32am On Jun 17, 2023
This is what the office looks like now such a sad sight from the magnificent building it was before

Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by GreatCracker(m): 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
planetx:
Cry...ptoo is legitimate bro, just do your due diligence and research and you can make a good living. Go to dex...tols or dex...screner and look for new meme...Coin.s about to pump make sure they are not a honey..pot or a rug..pulls(scams) sell quickly when pumping and buy another at the dip, learn how to trade(swap) on dexes( dece..ntralized exc..hanges) and rinse and repeat and serious money are being made on meme...Coins not the established coi..ns
make we talk for DM bro.
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by JADEK04: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2023
clockwisereport:

Is your business registered by SEC. if no, do so to avoid going the way of Ovaiozah
what are the procedures
Re: How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira by JADEK04: 6:50am On Aug 12, 2023
clockwisereport:

Is your business registered by SEC. if no, do so to avoid going the way of Ovaiozah
my company was registered on export, I was doing export through nxp....what are the procedure

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Loses N260,000 To T.W.I.N.K.A.S, Says It's His Wedding Money. / Stock Brokers In Nigeria? / Buhari's Declaration for Second Term Crashes Stock Market to 3 month low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.