Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? (15015 Views)

Avoid These Four Types Of People At Work Place / Slave Masters At Work Place / Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Linuxdomains: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2023
I employ myself so no worries.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by bassdow: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2023
f
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by koolaid87: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2023
You dont have to be talkative. Just give your necessary input when you have to.

You're not paid to make people feel entertained
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Edipet(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2023
I am introvert. I am not outspoken. By grace of God I am not dumb

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by occfx: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

What do your colleagues say that hurts you?

All because you are all by yourself. You are not as outspoken as others are.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.

I stay high from morning till close of work... Detrimental to health but money must be made and it's done by association.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by babajeje123(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2023
They complained that I don't talk except work related, me wey never talk to myself. The one wey I dey talk sef na force.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by occfx: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Linuxdomains:
I employ myself so no worries.

This is what i have been trying to do as age is going down but capital and Buhari is working against me hopefully God will help one day

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by OneKinGuy(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2023
You don't. You just have to get alone. Fake it if you can. The world isn't kind to introverts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by chukkystar(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2023
First study everyones character, then know who to strike conversation with. My best model is to be friends with someone that is an Extrovert that understands You, he will do the talking while You do the thinking. I thank God sef I don't have to communicate with idiots Daily, it's so draining!

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by chukkystar(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2023
babajeje123:
They complained that I don't talk except work related, me wey never talk to myself. The one wey I dey talk sef na force.
lol.. You don't need to change ooo, if You were the Boss now no one will complain cos they like Boss's that don't Quarrel or complain.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Adex7004(m): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2023
It has been hard for me, people do sees you as dense or doesn't know what is going on when u stay alone ,some time I do think I am only one in this world facing this kind of stuff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Discountsempai: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2023
I grit my teeth, and work through the day, work through the day...then get home and decompress, and do it again the next day.

Grit my teeth.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Dumte(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2023
I have this article to share on what working life of an introvert looks like in a world where extroverts are given top priorities.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by NOwazobia: 11:33am On Jun 10, 2023
I don't even understand this type of question at all.

Apart from your job description that you do appropriately, is there any other thing that must bring your personality directly into play.

Or you are talking about after work busy body, that usually makes lousy people hang around, and gossiping every other person at work?

4 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.

Be kind and nice to your boss and co-workers. Sincerely wish them the best. Work very hard to be the best at what you do. Show up at work early and give your best to your job.

What you do not have by chatting all over the place, you will make up by the management recognising that you are the kindest, most sincere and hardworking staff they have.

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ifinger: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

How have you improved?

How are you improvi

Tell us.

Lets be clear! What you call introvert and likened to a disorder is actually a way of life enjoyed by those concerned! Just as people like to be social some others want to be alone ! Their is no difference between u and them ! The earlier u respect people space 🤣 the better I will b able to work together yolo

3 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by iamjavadem(m): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2023
We can't be bothered about that. How will I even hear their opinion when I am busy minding my business and doing my job.
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Akalia(m): 11:41am On Jun 10, 2023
I may be an introvert but does not hold me back from bearing my mind especially when someone is fond of hurting my feelings. I can be very harsh at it too.
My colleagues don't talk to me anyhow because they know I can go from super quiet to super furious in less than a sec.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by wittywriter: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:
Thank God I'm my own boss, so no room for unwanted chichat or intrusion into my space.

When I find myself around clients when I go to render my services, I try to keep the Convo minimal by suddenly jetting off to duty in the middle of a Convo cos some people will just like to engage you in unecessary discussions. So when I do that, they know duty calls and everyone goes back to their desk.

I did it last week to a woman who likes to talk too much and she became cold towards. When I noticed it, I thanked my stars that I'll at least do my job in peace. Las las, she started again..huh.. me I kukuma still dash out on them.

Right now, mine has gotten worse that I hardly come out of my apartment and if I see someone I know on the way I'll so frown my face so the person can avoid me. Someone was even knocking on my door yesterday, hyping me, I didn't go and answer the person. Being around people now just irritates me because na so so rubbish dem dey like to yarn. So I like and enjoy my privacy with me, myself and I.
Abeg, Shey 3million reach a single lady japa?

Yes its enough to relocate to UK and some few countries in Europe countries.

Wittyness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Shalashaska: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2023
Ok12345:
I cry before leaving for work
Then spend the remaining miserable hours with my ear piece trying everything not to engage my co workers

Damn. How old are you?

Personally I've never had this problem. Im not an introvert sha. I find that respecting yourself and listening to others when they talk helps shy people. If you're hardcore like me take 2 shots of dry gin with coffee in the morning before work to put some swagger in your vibe.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by EriMma1: 11:45am On Jun 10, 2023
wittywriter:

Yes its enough to relocate to UK and some few countries in Europe countries.

Wittyness

Ok.
Thanks.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by XtraFortunes: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2023
Basic123:
I am one,

Do your work diligently, dont run into trouble

Even if you don't talk, always wear a SMILE in response to people.

They will only have issue with you if you don't SMILE!

Omo I don't smile oo. Unless I am around friends and family. My sister's friends complained right from secondary school.

For me the lack of smile is like a defense mechanism, if I am not smiling those loud mouth extroverts will just avoid me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by NaijaCover(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2023
DynamicWriter:
I work from home. And I prefer any job that won't make me leave my house.

Any work that involves a crowd of more than four people is not my thing.

Feeding home from home is the best for an introvert. 👌

In case anyone needs a content writer ✏️, kindly check my signature for my contact info.

Can you post bad News?
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by NaijaCover(m): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2023
Still Remains The King Of Bad News Publication In This Blogging Business
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by commodore007: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2023
Read the book Quiet by Susan Cain ....you would really love the introverted life ....I am currently reading that book now ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2023
bassdow:
even exTroverts are not as comfortable as inTroverts.

being a noiseMaker, noticeMe, allEyesOnMe, etc could make inTroverts envy exTroverts, but unknown to them, they're much more comfortable than they are.

How? Explain better. Give scenarios.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by eepeepook: 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
If your personality is stronger than your will to survive, quit. I’ve never heard of such case. Nairaland creating rubbish topics once again.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Kollabo419: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2023
Nna mehn

Go ask Emperor Wike

Whatever feedback he gives you that's my deliberate answer sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam / Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria / Mantrac Nigeria Limited (cat) Recruiting Urgently For Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.