Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? (15009 Views)

Avoid These Four Types Of People At Work Place / Slave Masters At Work Place / Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by kaymart: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
Irupetepete:
I own my workplace
Introverts are polite...
They are humble....
They don't have any need to announce their successes or failures.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by kaymart: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
bassdow:
and there are inTroverts that can face a crowd, and there are exTroverts that can't face a crowd.

There are inTroverts that would surprise you when they don't want you taking advantage of them - those ones get strong stands WHILE there are exTroverts that could easily be stepedOn.

Now being Quiet, doesn't necessarily make one an inTrovert. Some quiet people talk pass so called exTroverts. they just need get comfortable enough
Really?
Extroverts that can't face crowd?
Why is that?
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Sapeleboy911(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2023
My colleagues and neigbours sometimes describe me one way or the other. Are you refering to that feel puffy guy that doesn't want to interact with anybody? Oh, Bob this guy no be Ogboni so? He go dey inside house for almost a whole day. Driving with that guy is so boring.

My introversion is on another level. But if you want to intimidate me, I am ready to die with you. Or if you want an argument partner. I can argue for a whole day. When my colleagues or neighbors want to tempt me, they bring up a conversation that involves arguing. Gbam I go fall yakata.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Karleb(m): 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:
Thank God I'm my own boss, so no room for unwanted chichat or intrusion into my space.

When I find myself around clients when I go to render my services, I try to keep the Convo minimal by suddenly jetting off to duty in the middle of a Convo cos some people will just like to engage you in unecessary discussions. So when I do that, they know duty calls and everyone goes back to their desk.

I did it last week to a woman who likes to talk too much and she became cold towards. When I noticed it, I thanked my stars that I'll at least do my job in peace. Las las, she started again..huh.. me I kukuma still dash out on them.

Right now, mine has gotten worse that I hardly come out of my apartment and if I see someone I know on the way I'll so frown my face so the person can avoid me. Someone was even knocking on my door yesterday, hyping me, I didn't go and answer the person. Being around people now just irritates me because na so so rubbish dem dey like to yarn. So I like and enjoy my privacy with me, myself and I.

Abeg, Shey 3million reach a single lady japa?

Go find husband and start a family with that money. tongue
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by TreasureJunky: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
Introverts are also talkative, but that is when they become friends with you. They need to see you as a confidant, before being open and friendly with you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by GENES11S: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
occfx:

I stay high from morning till close of work... Detrimental to health but money must be made and it's done by association.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by isabi2lof: 12:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
Mine is the opposite grin
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Rhozabeth(m): 12:27pm On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

What do your colleagues say that hurts you?

All because you are all by yourself. You are not as outspoken as others are.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.
Every introvert has some level/amount of extroverism in them. It now depends on if you want to develop it or leave it that way! I use to be a complete extrovert but all that changed when I go a job that makes me shout! If I decided that i wanted to remain an introvert at that time, i would have failed as a manager then. However, now i am a complete opposite of what I was then!
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
I have always seen myself as being introverted although I am a mixture of an introvert and extrovert. Generally, i prefer to observe and think in my head first, maybe i dont want to do unreasonable things. And when i want to be an extrovert, i express myself freely, especially when there is no work or something to do, or i dont feel i will be judged. grin grin grin

I have to observe myself, my thoughts, and others first. cheesy cheesy, because i want to be careful and i pay attention and reflect a lot.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by bluefilm: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
Where is lalasticlala?

He's hiding from the ghosts of the pythons he has been posting on the frontpage since ages.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by SaturnNick(m): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
Rubyjade:
I used to work with several engineers with diverse personalities but many of them were somewhat introverted. I found being kind, leaving them to their work and not forcing them to be overly involved.

For the most part, they were thinkers and not as introverted as they appeared. I discovered once they got comfortable with me that they would chat and we'd laugh.

I think the key is to try to be understanding, try to make sure they are comfortable around you and don't pressure them to do what isn't natural to them. Invite them to social activities like luncheons and other things but don't be surprised if they don't attend. I used to ask one if he wanted me to make him a plate. Eventually, he attended.

As long as they are doing their job, leave them to it. People in certain positions took those positions because it doesn't usually involve social activities. Engineers, accountants, dishwashers…there’s a lot of jobs that don't need to be social. Assume that's why they choose that job.

Introverts are not rude or arrogant. We just keep ourselves to ourselves and get on with things. It doesn't mean we're unfriendly.

1. Allow them to get settled in at work in the morning before talking their ear off. Introverts sorta have to acclimate themselves to social environments such as work or parties every time.

2. Keep conversations short and sweet unless they are keeping the conversation going. Nothing is more awkward than a person that won’t stop talking to you despite your clear lack of interest in what they’re saying. Just say “hi” and keep it moving unless they are clearly in the mood to talk.

3. If they say their “fine” or “okay” just take their word for it. Don’t try to probe for more information or try to get them to open up to you. We’re naturally quiet, reserved, and have bitch resting faces! We’re not sad or upset…that’s just how we are naturally.

4. If we decline the invitation to the office happy hour or Christmas party, please respect our decision! Don’t try to convince us to go or ask us why we don’t want to go. We would just rather avoid large awkward social gatherings! And everyone, (even extroverts) can agree that office social events are a bit awkward!

5. Don’t tell them that they need to be more social in the office. The only thing we NEED to do is our freakin job! Everything else outside of that is extra credit. And we are also well aware that our social withdrawal may cost us a promotion but we’re perfectly fine with that! Co-workers are just that…coworkers…not friends!

6. Don’t try to force them out of their comfort zone by putting them on the spot. We aren’t “shy” extroverts who need to get out more. We are introverts who actually prefer flying under the radar. Don’t make them give the presentation to the whole office! Don’t make them wear the stupid Halloween costume for everyone’s amusement! Don’t put them on blast in mass emails! Don’t make them give speeches to the whole office! Just leave us alone!!

7. Don’t make our quietness seem like an issue. Almost all of my supervisors have said “Gosh! You’re really quiet!” In reality, we’re similarly bothered by how loud everyone else is but UNLIKE you, we don’t make a big deal about it. We accept people for who they are. SO WHAT, if I’m quiet and you’re talkative?? People are different. Don’t make me feel uncomfortable for being who I am!

I know I listed 7 points, but it all boils down to 2 things:

ACCEPT THEM FOR WHO THEY ARE
LEAVE THEM ALONE UNLESS THEY REQUEST OTHERWISE!
You just nailed it. Thanks, for sharing how we feel cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Zeel007: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
Oluromantic:
If you are an introvert, I suggest you read the following books

Why you act the way you do
Attitude is everything
48 laws of power.

After reading them, I bet you will be happy being an introvert regardless of how others view you considering the strength inherent in introversion as revealed by these books.

The fact that you're not predictable alone makes 'cunning' your strength
by Robert Greene. I don't like that book. Is a very cunning and deceptive way of relating with people. is quite deceptive

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Rubyjade: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
wink
SaturnNick:

You just nailed it. Thanks, for sharing how we feel cool cool cool
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
I found the book boring, because i don't really like manipulations. The ideas do not glue to my head.

Zeel007:
by Robert Greene. I don't like that book. Is a very cunning and deceptive way of relating with people. is quite deceptive

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Psychopatheko: 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Most time I tend to use my earpiece, they do call me statue because I don’t reply them it’s not that I have pride or anything I hate insult or public disgrace but when am at home I can do and undo
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
Maybe because it drains either ones energy or focus.
But sometimes, as an introvert or semi introvert, one can try to play the part of an extrovert to study the effect and how one can manage such a situation, or manage a dynamic situation.

I sometimes act the drama, as an extrovert, and i learn from it, but its not my ideal.

Psychopatheko:
Most time I tend to use my earpiece, they do call me statue because I don’t reply them it’s not that I have pride or anything I hate insult or public disgrace but when am at home I can do and undo

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by EriMma1: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
Karleb:

Go find husband and start a family with that money. tongue

No be only.. .. if I hear?... money wen never reach me alone.

God forbid make i find husband. Na husband go find me. Normal.
Advise the females in your bloodline to go find husband with their money.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Psychopatheko: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Maybe because it drains either ones energy or focus.
But sometimes, as an extrovert, one can try to play the part of an extrovert to study the effect and how one can manage such a situation, or manage a dynamic situation.

Sure
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by lilyafaten: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.

People in my place of work tend to tag me "proud" just because it's not in my nature to talk much and mingle with people. I don't really care because I've grown to find out that my peace is of uttermost importance to me than what people think of me.

Anytime I try to adjust from being me, I will end up being uncomfortable, I've come to terms with myself to live my life happily enjoying my (introvert) nature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Irupetepete: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
kaymart:

Introverts are polites...they don't announce their successes or failures.
says who?
Are introverts deaf, dumb or mute?
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by deltateam: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.

Do your work, get paid and go home.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Karleb(m): 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

No be only.. .. if I hear?... money wen never reach me alone.

God forbid make i find husband. Na husband go find me. Normal.
Advise the females in your bloodline to go find husband with their money.

Dem get husband already.

All these Nigerian girls. For India na woman dey pay bride price and their marriage dey last well well.

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
Adex7004:
It has been hard for me, people do sees you as dense or doesn't know what is going on when u stay alone ,some time I do think I am only one in this world facing this kind of stuff

Which industry do you work?
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
Dumte:
I have this article to share on what working life of an introvert looks like in a world where extroverts are given top priorities.

Let's have it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2023
NOwazobia:
I don't even understand this type of question at all.

Apart from your job description that you do appropriately, is there any other thing that must bring your personality directly into play.

Or you are talking about after work busy body, that usually makes lousy people hang around, and gossiping every other person at work?

That is what I am talking about? During and after work.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by EriMma1: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
Karleb:

Dem get husband already.

All these Nigerian girls. For India na woman dey pay bride price and their marriage dey last well well.

Sidon there dey wait woman wen go come pay your groom price.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
commodore007:
Read the book Quiet by Susan Cain ....you would really love the introverted life ....I am currently reading that book now ....

Really! Give us some excerpts.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by kalufelix(m): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2023
Akalia:
I may be an introvert but does not hold me back from bearing my mind especially when someone is fond of hurting my feelings. I can be very harsh at it too.
My colleagues don't talk to me anyhow because they know I can go from super quiet to super furious in less than a sec.
Swears.. i can make jokes and lines with whatever that is happening at the moment that'l make the extroverts laugh so hard while i will just be putting on a smile..so whenever i'm trying to be alone they would always want to hear my voice/opinion...one once told me that i am filled with 1000 words but chose to be reserved.. like you said man can go from super quiet to super 'drama in split secs. so no whining...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Aguilar(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
Not that I'm shy or fully an introvert. I'm able to speak boldly to not too large groups. I suffer from low self esteem. Because I just know that I screw up during job Interviews, my heart beats faster before being interviewed and it's affecting me badly. That's my introverted problem and I don't know if it is normal.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Karleb(m): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
EriMma1:

Sidon there dey wait woman wen go come pay your groom price.

I'm happily married. grin

Sha do and find your own partner. tongue

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Microwhy: 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Its truly help me being an introvert. At work, I dont need to engage or disturb myself about what's going on at work place interms of office politics.
I can stay alone throughout the day without minding who is talking or who is not talking.
I won't side with you to insult others or backbite. My lone space is enough to keep myself busy.
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by kalufelix(m): 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:

How? Explain better. Give scenarios.
Some extroverts with all their loud mouths might just be 'forcing' it or acting under 'influence' or 'eye service...as an introvert you are more comfortable and in control without knowing it..i am not the original poster you quoted i might be wrong though..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Date For JAMB Exam, Centres Released / Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam / Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.