Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

When God Calls You I - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Calls You I (6472 Views)

When God Calls You, What Next? / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When God Calls You I by Regladoj: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2023
It appears there is a fight within, please yield to God .

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

That imaginary being don't call anybody
Re: When God Calls You I by Chibuezem(m): 10:45am On Jun 11, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
The problem with this God calling thing is
That it is a very personal experience.

You cannot show physical proof that God called you

Which means ANYBODY can wake up anyday, anytime and say that God called them. With no proof

Mad people hear voices in their head and conclude it's God calling them

Some people smoke colorado and immedately receive Skype call from Jesus

So who do we believe??
you can show physical proof that God has called you into works of righteousness.... Because you've not heard from God you concluded that it's general.... No repent and be bornagain stop patronizing the world and it's activities.
Re: When God Calls You I by Chibuezem(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

That imaginary being don't call anybody
He's imaginary to you because you enjoy the darkness and have refused to acknowledge the light in His word.You only seek weed and alcohol instead of God.
Jeremiah 29:13-14
13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by Chibuezem(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2023
kpakpandoN:
The call of God is actually a call to God. Many people think that when God calls them, it is a call to something, whereas it is a call to Him. When He calls you, He is saying, “Come closer to me”. In Mark 3:14, the Bible says that the first reason He called the disciples was that they should be with Him.

The call of God is two-fold. First, He can call you to leave your sinful ways, to leave the kingdom of darkness and come to Him in the Kingdom of light. This is the call He made in Matthew 11:28: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”. We will focus on this first call today.

This call is the very one that every human being will receive. When you are in a service and you hear the preacher making the altar call, it is actually God Himself calling out to sinners to leave their sinful ways and come to Him for salvation.

There was a very notorious young man who brought someone to Church with his motorcycle. He waited for a little while outside the Church and listened to the sermon. When the altar call was made he considered surrendering his life to Christ, but then decided against it and zoomed off. Unfortunately, he got involved in an accident later that day and died. If only he had answered the altar call when it was made! Even if he had still died, at least he would have made it to heaven.

God’s call unto salvation is extended to everyone. He desires to call all sinners out of darkness into His marvellous light. He is seeking to make everyone a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation and a peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9). Some however, heed God’s call, become saved then start to sin again wilfully. Such people are not fit for the kingdom of God (Luke 9:62) and He has promised to spue such out of His mouth if they do not retrace their steps back to Him. (Revelation 3:16).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Calling of God first is to be bornagain to recieve eternal life devoid of Sin secondly is to manifest your reason of birth in Jesus Christ whether it's ministry as evidenced by the gifts of calling and offices of God on Earth such as apostle, prophet, teacher, evangelist, pastor or unto Sonship standing as a pillar of righteousness establishing God's government on earth as it is in Heaven.
Re: When God Calls You I by afadi2410: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

See what they preach about in churches? if you ask this preacher now how he knew the deceased "considered surrendering his life to Christ then decided against it" he'd start talking nonsense.

someone died and you happen to know his last thoughts?

And please ask him how answering the alter call translates to going to heaven
Re: When God Calls You I by Myer(m): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
Edipet:
Please how do I do away with depression

This post and the message is for you.
God is calling you out of depression into His kingdom of Righteousness and Peace and Joy in the Holy Spirit. And all you have to do is repent and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Depression is caused by a myriad of reasons but the symptom is the same- loss of hope and joy.

Diferent people react to depression is various ways- which, instead of curing the depression only postpone dooms day.

Please locate a church near you or online and Start knowing more about Jesus Christ today.
May the Grace and Mercy of God be with you in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: When God Calls You I by farem: 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
God and Satan doesn't do not
exist,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

There's no verifiable recognizable concretable approvable evidence of their existence..no man Born of woman has ever proof the existence of God.i challenge anybody here to proof to me.

My brothers and sisters don't let anybody deceive you.

Believe me,God or Satan or Jesus Christ doesn't exist.

there's no imaginary sky daddy up there,open your eyes my friend.

First, learn to know that the third person plural verbs DO exist and it's different from the third person singular verbs.
Re: When God Calls You I by Edipet(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
Myer:

This post and the message is for you.
God is calling you out of depression into His kingdom of Righteousness and Peace and Joy in the Holy Spirit. And all you have to do is repent and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Depression is caused by a myriad of reasons but the symptom is the same- loss of hope and joy.

Diferent people react to depression is various ways- which, instead of curing the depression only postpone dooms day.

Please locate a church near you or online and Start knowing more about Jesus Christ today.
May the Grace and Mercy of God be with you in Jesus name. Amen.
Amen. Thanks
Re: When God Calls You I by Bennycollins: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
God and Satan doesn't exist,

There's no verifiable recognizable concretable approvable evidence of their existence..no man Born of woman has ever proof the existence of God.i challenge anybody here to proof to me.

You haven't proven that there is no God either. So just like you, let me say no man born of a woman has ever proven or will ever prove that God does not exist.
Re: When God Calls You I by iammolise(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
My question now is, if christians believe there's only one true God and all other faith are dead, then when the "world ends" as prophesied, does it mean God the creator of these same people of other faith he made in his own image and liking will all be ended... And again the muslims thinks same of christians, if both God destroy each other's children who will remain, now lets not forget the atheist that doesn't believe in any god, are they spectators
Re: When God Calls You I by liamjakes247: 1:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Edipet:
Please how do I do away with depression
hangout with friends and family more. You can even stay over with them. Watch movies and eat good. Exercise more often and read. Do this with the heart to season this moment, sink in it. I’m a month or two you’ll forget you were in this state

2 Likes

Re: When God Calls You I by BigDawsNet: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Modest200:
May all our prayers be answered this new week. 🙏

Amen
Re: When God Calls You I by phemmyfour: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
Princessdainty:
Curious question.

Is it only Christan god that calls or the Muslim god too calls his people?

By the way, is this god male or female or trans?
He doesn't have a gender, shape or form.
Re: When God Calls You I by phemmyfour: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
iammolise:
My question now is, if christians believe there's only one true God and all other faith are dead, then when the "world ends" as prophesied, does it mean God the creator of these same people of other faith he made in his own image and liking will all be ended... And again the muslims thinks same of christians, if both God destroy each other's children who will remain, now lets not forget the atheist that doesn't believe in any god, are they spectators
No big deal

He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah
Destroyed Israelites that were disobedient
Killed Egyptian first born sons
Re: When God Calls You I by saintruky(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
Na the notorious young man dead body come back come tell you the story?
Re: When God Calls You I by Edipet(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
liamjakes247:
hangout with friends and family more. You can even stay over with them. Watch movies and eat good. Exercise more often and read. Do this with the heart to season this moment, sink in it. I’m a month or two you’ll forget you were in this state
thank you. God bless you

1 Like

Re: When God Calls You I by Iamzik: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
EnemyofGod2:
God and Satan doesn't exist,

This argument is old bro. Believe what you want. It's needless looking for evidence when your mind is already made up
Re: When God Calls You I by Azazael(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
Just trying to organize my thoughts…

While I was high af, I had this kinda trance…

I had this notion that the world or reality or the events that occur in our every life is the story we tell ourselves. We all are gods in the making and this idea is strengthened by the belief that the soul never dies and as such, we all are eternal beings. But even being eternal, we face evolution from one sphere of life to another. These constant phases are what strengthen our immortality. We never stay the same and we are constantly in flux. In every sphere, one of us is expected to tell a story and we all are left to be spectators and participants in this story. The one who tells the story is seen as the supreme deity that governs all things and we ourselves are lesser entities compared to it. As previously noted; we are either spectators or participants. You are a participant that’s an actor in the story thereby you will be given roles to play as such and all. But when the curtain closes, that’s when you die, you become a spectator thereby standing by the corner and watching as the show goes by.

While as participants, we lose all the memory which we had and become a blank slate but after death, that’s, when now you are a spectator, every memory will be recovered. This process continues forever and ever because what are we to do with our eternity if not to tell ourselves stories and amuse ourselves? We strip ourselves of whatever power we hold so as to enjoy uncertainties and setbacks and change or a certain rush because what is life if what we experience is just one single emotion? Being an endless entity, we create situations to amuse ourselves but if we look deeper and try thinking harder we all see we are one person with split personalities telling stories just to pass time which itself is a construct made by itself because it can't escape being stuck in a particular loop for so long.
Re: When God Calls You I by Arabk25: 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
phemmyfour:
No big deal

He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah
Destroyed Israelites that were disobedient
Killed Egyptian first born sons

Even the Egyptians have nothing like that in there history book
So you guys should stop all these Bible story bushit.
Re: When God Calls You I by phemmyfour: 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Arabk25:

Even the Egyptians have nothing like that in there history book
So you guys should stop all these Bible story bushit.
Olodo
Read more about the old Egyptian territory
Re: When God Calls You I by dinomcjohn: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Lovely write-up. All glory be to God. Amen
Re: When God Calls You I by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
■ The problem with this God calling thing is That it is a very personal experience. You cannot show physical proof that God called you Which means ANYBODY can wake up anyday, anytime and say that God called them. With no proof. Mad people hear voices in their head and conclude it's God calling them. Some people smoke colorado and immedately receive Skype call from Jesus. So who do we believe??
The major issue is instead that Jesus Christ said He came to call all sinners that whosoever among them would do as He says ...I.e. an invitation rather than a selection. So, these folks who pretend they were specially called are liars and the very wolves in sheep clothing that Jesus Christ warned against undecided
Re: When God Calls You I by larryj09(m): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
CALLING/CALL 🤙 OF GOD is real , am one of the testimony , but you have to find out your call and mission before you venture into it,the earlier you start after confirmation, the better for you , in other not to waste your time ...Don't forget many are called but few are chosen:::
Re: When God Calls You I by Azazael(m): 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
The view am trying to portray

We all live in the fragment of the imagination of a particular being. Our lives and actions are tailored by this individual and we are forced to play along because we have given up every power we hold and can’t fight back. We gave up our powers to feel something different from what we actually felt ab initio. This individual is given all power and is condemned to tell a great story. We might feel we are the ones receiving punishment, but rather, it is the storyteller that receives all punishment because it is forced time and again to tell a compelling story different from what is actually known to different entities… This storyteller is the being referred to as GOD OR RATHER THE ONE, THE ORIGIN, THE BEGINNING… It alone knows what is and is to come. We are all subjected to its will… But our minds are powerful so at every juncture, it tries to go back to remember itself again and again thereby creating a rift… the rift spirals into a different story and forms another reality different from what the author wants… LOL
Re: When God Calls You I by OyinO: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nothing like God calling anybody. It's your own inner conviction and decision.

1 Like

Re: When God Calls You I by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
larryj09:
■ CALLING/CALL 🤙 OF GOD is real , am one of the testimony , but you have to find out your call and mission before you venture into it,the earlier you start after confirmation, the better for you , in other not to waste your time ...Don't forget many are called but few are chosen:::
Care to answer a couple of questions to prove that you were indeed called by God and not some other phantom pretending to be God to you? undecided
Re: When God Calls You I by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
Chibuezem:
■ you can show physical proof that God has called you into works of righteousness.... Because you've not heard from God you concluded that it's general.... No repent and be bornagain stop patronizing the world and it's activities.
Which works of righteousness would that be? undecided
Re: When God Calls You I by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Chibuezem:
■ Calling of God first is to be bornagain to recieve eternal life devoid of Sin secondly is to manifest your reason of birth in Jesus Christ whether it's ministry as evidenced by the gifts of calling and offices of God on Earth such as apostle, prophet, teacher, evangelist, pastor or unto Sonship standing as a pillar of righteousness establishing God's government on earth as it is in Heaven.
As Jesus Christ made clear, that invitation applies only to the sinners, that is the Lost sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: When God Calls You I by GeeM: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
God is not an imaginary daddy up in the sky, He's is more than that. the beginning of everything
Re: When God Calls You I by Chibuezem(m): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As Jesus Christ made clear, that invitation applies only to the sinners, that is the Lost sheep of Israel. undecided
you've missed me my friend, how are you doing?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prayer Points For Rccg February 2010 Fasting And Prayer / Should A Christian Woman Wear Immodest Dress Like Bikini, Mini Skirts, And Short / Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.