Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

When God Calls You I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Calls You I (6441 Views)

When God Calls You, What Next? / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Calls You I by kpakpandoN(m): 7:10am On Jun 11, 2023
The call of God is actually a call to God. Many people think that when God calls them, it is a call to something, whereas it is a call to Him. When He calls you, He is saying, “Come closer to me”. In Mark 3:14, the Bible says that the first reason He called the disciples was that they should be with Him.

The call of God is two-fold. First, He can call you to leave your sinful ways, to leave the kingdom of darkness and come to Him in the Kingdom of light. This is the call He made in Matthew 11:28: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”. We will focus on this first call today.

This call is the very one that every human being will receive. When you are in a service and you hear the preacher making the altar call, it is actually God Himself calling out to sinners to leave their sinful ways and come to Him for salvation.

There was a very notorious young man who brought someone to Church with his motorcycle. He waited for a little while outside the Church and listened to the sermon. When the altar call was made he considered surrendering his life to Christ, but then decided against it and zoomed off. Unfortunately, he got involved in an accident later that day and died. If only he had answered the altar call when it was made! Even if he had still died, at least he would have made it to heaven.

God’s call unto salvation is extended to everyone. He desires to call all sinners out of darkness into His marvellous light. He is seeking to make everyone a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation and a peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9). Some however, heed God’s call, become saved then start to sin again wilfully. Such people are not fit for the kingdom of God (Luke 9:62) and He has promised to spue such out of His mouth if they do not retrace their steps back to Him. (Revelation 3:16).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by EnemyofGod2: 7:11am On Jun 11, 2023
God and Satan doesn't exist,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

There's no verifiable recognizable concretable approvable evidence of their existence..no man Born of woman has ever proof the existence of God.i challenge anybody here to proof to me.

My brothers and sisters don't let anybody deceive you.

Believe me,God or Satan or Jesus Christ doesn't exist.

there's no imaginary sky daddy up there,open your eyes my friend.

3 Likes

Re: When God Calls You I by slawomir: 8:38am On Jun 11, 2023
Damnnn niggar

That imaginary being don't call anybody

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When God Calls You I by SultanOfAbia: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2023
The problem with this God calling thing is
That it is a very personal experience.

You cannot show physical proof that God called you

Which means ANYBODY can wake up anyday, anytime and say that God called them. With no proof

Mad people hear voices in their head and conclude it's God calling them

Some people smoke colorado and immedately receive Skype call from Jesus

So who do we believe??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When God Calls You I by datopaper(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2023
My understanding on this issue of God's call. I believe it is spiritual. If God call you, I believe you don't need to see him physically coming to talk to you.

But spiritually, he do come. By so doing, he will create a circumstance in physical realm. It may be in form of struggle to survive poverty or otherwise.

God is alive.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When God Calls You I by ogify1(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

You again
Re: When God Calls You I by Edipet(m): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2023
Please how do I do away with depression

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by checkdate(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2023
GREAT WRITE UP.

THANKX FOR THE ENLIGHTENMENT.
Re: When God Calls You I by Modest200(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2023
May all our prayers be answered this new week. 🙏

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by hopefulLandlord: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2023
kpakpandoN:

There was a very notorious young man who brought someone to Church with his motorcycle. He waited for a little while outside the Church and listened to the sermon. When the altar call was made he considered surrendering his life to Christ, but then decided against it and zoomed off. Unfortunately, he got involved in an accident later that day and died. If only he had answered the altar call when it was made! Even if he had still died, at least he would have made it to heaven.

See what they preach about in churches? if you ask this preacher how he knew the deceased "considered surrendering his life to Christ then decided against it" he'd start talking nonsense.

someone died and you happen to know his last thoughts?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by Arabk25: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2023
These people are just dume head niggers God don't call anybody
This calling of a thing nah waiting keep us where we they so
Those people claiming God called them are just scammers trying to reap people of their hard earn money God don't call anybody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by Papparassi: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2023
God will soon call you as he called Apostle Paul

quote author=slawomir post=123716754]Damnnn niggar

That imaginary being don't call anybody [/quote]
Re: When God Calls You I by superCleanworks(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2023
okay oh
Re: When God Calls You I by ajekpaks(m): 8:47am On Jun 11, 2023
yea
Re: When God Calls You I by MightySparrow: 8:47am On Jun 11, 2023
Good piece. I am blessed.
Re: When God Calls You I by Righthussle: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2023
"There was a very notorious young man who brought someone to Church with his motorcycle. He waited for a little while outside the Church and listened to the sermon. When the altar call was made he considered surrendering his life to Christ, but then decided against it and zoomed off. Unfortunately, he got involved in an accident later that day and died.
"
this story is a big lie.

Organized Religion and lies be like sh.t and fleas.

1 Like

Re: When God Calls You I by Depsui(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2023
I want God to call me into full time ministry o. Whether it's Apostle, Pastor, Teacher, Prophet or Evangelist, any one will do.
Re: When God Calls You I by MisterBanny(m): 8:51am On Jun 11, 2023
People would graduate from the university, job hunt everywhere, after fruitless efforts to get the job, they look for an abandoned building and turn it into a church and start looking for members to sow seeds. And telling members how God called them and how they are not after Money but salvation of souls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by sandland: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2023
I think nobody calls anybody
Re: When God Calls You I by Sonnobax15(m): 8:51am On Jun 11, 2023
grin
E go better say make God call my immediate younger bro instead of myself because I no sure say I go fit answer that kind call angry
Re: When God Calls You I by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2023
Damnnn niggar

That imaginary being don't call anybody [/quote]

SLAWOMIR
God truly exist and he can call you and use you for his glory
Re: When God Calls You I by sandland: 8:54am On Jun 11, 2023
Do we have God in a phiscal form? This is not easy to determine because in what race will He live in?
Re: When God Calls You I by ecolime(m): 8:55am On Jun 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Our God is what you call imaginary being. You think you have grown and now a big boy shey?

Receive the Lord Jesus today and turn from your evil ways. He is ever ready to accept you back.

He loves you

1 Like

Re: When God Calls You I by Depsui(m): 8:55am On Jun 11, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
E go better say make God call my immediate younger bro instead of myself because I no sure say I go fit answer that kind call angry

That's the best Job in the world. What else is better?
Re: When God Calls You I by Sheriman(m): 8:56am On Jun 11, 2023
grin sad sad Anybody that claim God calls him or her is a pathetic liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When God Calls You I by AngelicBeing: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

See what they preach about in churches? if you ask this preacher now how he knew the deceased "considered surrendering his life to Christ then decided against it" he'd start talking nonsense.

someone died and you happen to know his last thoughts?
l will ban your account for 20 years if you keep posting jugunu post sad
Re: When God Calls You I by Arabk25: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2023
Sheriman:
grin sad sad Anybody that claim God calls him or her is a pathetic liar

Liar nah small one?
Re: When God Calls You I by Princessdainty(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2023
Curious question.

Is it only Christan god that calls or the Muslim god too calls his people?

By the way, is this god male or female or trans?
Re: When God Calls You I by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2023
Modest200:
May all our prayers be answered this new week. 🙏

In Jesus Name, AMEN

1 Like

Re: When God Calls You I by thesolutions(m): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

If Tom and Jerry were real and have mind of their own, they would probably call you imaginary being when told about you because they do not exist in the same environment as you and I. Just as you are amused by their acts on screen, some other beings are amused by your acts. In fact, They might be showing you some funny pictures so you can feel high to encourage you to roll more weed. What do I even know.
Re: When God Calls You I by TheNobleProphet: 9:50am On Jun 11, 2023
GOD ALMIGHTY FATHER Our CREATOR Has given all of us human beings "Direct Divine Instructions" as follows:

1. To "Recognise and must know" as well as "Live in accordance with HIS HOLY and Perfect Laws at all times"!

2. To constantly make genuine effort to "live and adjust our everyday lives" in accordance with HIS HOLY and Perfect Laws!

Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biblical Mary True Age When She Married Joseph / If Adam And Eve Where Whites According To Some Books And Bibles,why Are We Black / Obedience and church work!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.