Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Now That Subsidy Is Gone, What Is The Plan? - Babajide Fadoju - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Subsidy Is Gone, What Is The Plan? - Babajide Fadoju (10699 Views)

The Imperatives Of Fuel Subsidy Removal By Babajide Fadoju / Tinubu And Modernisation Of Public Transportation In Lagos - Babajide Fadoju / Lagos Today: Like Tinubu Like Sanwo-Olu - Babajide Fadoju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Now That Subsidy Is Gone, What Is The Plan? - Babajide Fadoju by Dybala11(m): 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
Reference:
If you ask me, na who I go ask. Indeed. What is the plan.... This is a week and counting.... undecided
What plan?? You think there was a plan behind an impromptu announcement?? 😂😂😂
Re: Now That Subsidy Is Gone, What Is The Plan? - Babajide Fadoju by Sunnyja: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
Emeskhalifa:
Permit me to derail from the topic a little.

I am not a fan of The current president but if you think there is any messiah anywhere that will come and perform magic, you are just being comical, sarcastic and not being truthful to yourself.

So far, all what the president has done are the right calls any individual with genuine interest of moving the country positively forward would have done.

Back to the topic, it's such a shame that we had to borrow to pay subsidy that's absurd and what a lot of people don't understand is, those who it benefits the most are the rich who can afford even if petrol goes to 1k per litre. Example is, your lunch money is 1500 daily, then I choose to be given you 1k so you could add 500 to it to buy your lunch daily, now I am broke and can't keep up with that, instead of coming out to tell you the reality on ground so u could carry your cross, I choose to start taking loan from loan apps so I can keep giving you the 1k to complete your lunch money (do you see how dumb it sounds?) it is same thing with subsidy. Its total removal is the best way to go.

My advice is we should work on fixing electricity in the country and I think the president already working on that through the new electricity bill he signed, once we have stable light in the country, living only motorists being the one to look for fuel, supply will become excess thereby possibly leading to decline in price.

Also, we hope to see more of cars switch from petrol to using CNG.

why did Tinubu and Buhari mobilize miscreants against GEJ over this same subsidy in 2012? You were not around to show him this piece?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Larry Odey Defects To APC With 5,000 Others In Cross River / Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last / Why Are Nigerians Such Big Cowards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.