Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" (4696 Views)

If You Agree That Jesus Is He Who Is To Come, Then You Know Jesus Is God Almight / 26 Powerful Reasons Why Scholars Know Jesus Existed / Did You Know Jesus Escaped Crucifixion And Raised A Family In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2023
"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?"

That's the question a young man asked many years ago.

The young man in question is the world renowned preacher, Oral Roberts.

He once asked in a prayer to God, "how do I know Jesus?"

God's answer to him was, "read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and The Book of Acts, three times in thirty days!"

"He did it on his knees.
At the end of the thirty days, he testified that he now knew Jesus "better than he knew any man on the Face of The Earth!"
- Kenneth Copeland.

Interestingly that was God's Own response to that question, but how many Christians would have given a similar response to that question when asked by those who sincerely want to know Jesus today?

Not many obviously but I'm glad to be one of the few ones that would.

God bless.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2023
Although I am not a fan of the preacher who asked the question, especially because of his influential role in the spread of the so-called 'prosperity doctrine' in the present-day church, having significantly influenced several famous preachers of this doctrine, including Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar and Benny Hinn (both of whom have since renounced it) in this regard, I can't deny the fact that he was one of those God used to bring about the wave of revival in the last generation of believers, even though he seemed to have derailed from that and lost focus at some point.

So when I recently saw this story about him in an old NL post, I was profoundly amazed, because that's bears a striking resemblance to the encounter I had with God.

For those who follow my posts here, they would attest to the emphasis I place on the teachings of Jesus instead of the Bible as the majority of Christians do.

I wasn't any different from them after I got saved, until I forsook everything to follow Jesus and became truly born of the Spirit.

That was when I got to realize that not everything every preacher I highly esteemed said was inspired of God.

Hence after an occasion when I saw two of them give different opinion on the same issue which clearly proved the both of them could not possibly be speaking for God at the same time, so one of them at least must be wrong, in the midst of my confusion, I went on my knees and asked God, "this is what this preacher said, and that is what the other preacher said, but what do you have to say?"

It wasn't long afterwards I had a Voice say to me, "stop studying the Bible, I will teach you My Word by Myself"

It was quite confusing and scary at the same time initially though, because I took the Bible to be the Word of God at the time as many Christians do, so i couldn't possibly reconcile the difference between God's Word and the Bible.

However I obeyed but kept pondering on the meaning of that saying, until I was led to read the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and then the book of Acts to a point, then instructed to stop.

That was how I started going from Matthew, Mark, Luke to John and then back to Matthew to continue the circle (occasionally also the book of Acts) until I had read it l about a hundred times.

That I believe laid the foundation of the emphasis I now place on the teachings of Christ instead of the Bible as many Christians do.

Although I was scared at the beginning because it was different from what I was used to and saw everyone else (Christians, including preachers and church leaders) do,
but when I later realized that Jesus Himself did the same thing and placed emphasis on His teachings more than those of anyone else, including the prophets and apostles of the Bible, that was when my fears and concerns were pacified, because if there was any company I wanted to be in more than that of anyone else, it was that of Jesus.

So even if I seemed to be the only one emphasizing the teachings of Jesus instead of the Bible at the time, it was gratifying to know that Jesus was with me in that regard, if His Words, including the final instruction He gave to His disciples before departing the Earth, were anything to go by.

Matthew 28:20 (KJV)

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

God bless.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2023
It was later after reading it many times that also got to realize that the book of Acts was actually the harvest of the Word (seed) Jesus sowed in the Gospels, therefore to be able to replicate or achieve the same results of the book of Acts, one must also sow the same Word (seed) Jesus sowed in the Gospels, which I believe is the reason Jesus gave His disciples the instruction to teach all men to observe whatsoever He commanded them.

I believe the book of Acts is the same result God wants to achieve in this last days, hence His giving me the same Instruction and Word He gave to the apostles of Christ.

So I wasn't too surprised that He had done a similar thing to Oral Roberts, and instead of pointing Him to the Bible, specifically told him to read the Gospels (the teachings of Christ) and also the Book of Acts (the results of His teachings), before he was able to use him to play a significant part in revival that took place in his generation.

Perhaps that suggests the reason why the cry of many Christians for revival appears unanswered, as the answer God gave to the question of Oral Roberts concerning knowing Jesus is different from what they would give to those who sincerely want to know Jesus, and revival can hardly take place when their teachings differ from that of God which is required to birth the revival they were asking God for.

God bless.

10 Likes

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2023
It's Good to know Jesus more. the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. So help me God 🙏

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
God's answer indeed! grin

ROFLMAO!
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by FRANCISTOWN: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

[b]"He did it on his knees.
At the end of the thirty days, he testified that he now knew Jesus "better than he knew any man on the Face of The Earth!"[/b] - Kenneth Copeland.
He read for thirty days on his knees??
This is massive 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Even Elijah no do this much 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hmm, but what do I know?
At least them say, snakes talked.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by DyshApp: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
Anything is possible with the will of God, To understand the Bible one must truly meditate in the word day and Night, we hold a session 8pm every Thursday on Dysh and encourage you to join us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
DyshApp:
■ Anything is possible with the will of God, To understand the Bible one must truly meditate in the word day and Night, we hold a session 8pm every Thursday on Dysh and encourage you to join us
1. So, even though what is described is clearly against that which Jesus Christ said will happen, you would rather believe -- against Jesus Christ--- that it is possible? undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:21am On Jun 18, 2023
The devil is a liar!

2 Likes

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
It's Good to know Jesus more. the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. So help me God 🙏
Amen!

Opanka44:
I have lost confidence in Christians. They are hypocrites
All you need is confidence in Jesus, not Christians. As long as you still have that, you'd be fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Opanka44(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2023
I have lost confidence in Christians. They are hypocrites
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Opanka44(m): 8:18am On Jun 25, 2023
I have lost confidence in Christians and Christianity, They are hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2023
But christianity is a crazy religion o. They have a god who allegedly created everything and wants everyone's admiration. Infact it gets jealous and upset like a petulant child when its toys (worship) are given to other needy gods.

Instead of showing itself to people, it plays a silly hide and seek game of faith, where you have to act like a lunatic, proclaiming things are true when they are not evidently so.

As if that's not bad enough, you going to be tormented by this all-loving and also sadistic entity if you don't subscribe to this idiocy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Jun 26, 2023
Opanka44:
■ I have lost confidence in Christians. They are hypocrites
Why did you put your confidence in ordinary men to begin with? undecided

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18am On Jul 02, 2023
May we truly come to the knowledge of Christ in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Benfaco: 9:13am On Jul 02, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by orisa37: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2023
BE ALWAYS HUMBLE, PEACEFUL, PATIENT, PERSEVERING AND ENDURING FOR THESE ARE HONOURABLE AND GLORIOUS.

PEACE BE UNTO YOU YOUNG MAN.

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by MindHacker9009(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
Jesus Christ was invented by the Roman empire.

You don't need to threaten people with going to hell for them to believe Julius Caesar was a real ruler.

But can threaten people with going to hell if they don't believe there was a fictional superman 2000 years ago flying into space, who promised that his is coming soon and those around him will see him coming down from the clouds but no sign of him coming back soon for 2000 years.

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2023
orisa37:
BE ALWAYS HUMBLE, PEACEFUL, PATIENT, PERSEVERING AND ENDURING FOR THESE ARE HONOURABLE AND GLORIOUS.

PEACE BE UNTO YOU YOUNG MAN.
Amen!
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Jesus Christ was invented by the Roman empire.
You also believe Julius Caesar was a Roman invention right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by WeirdAlien: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2023
Ask

Opanka44:
I have lost confidence in Christians and Christianity, They are hypocrites
Focus on the message, not the messenger.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Djoel: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2023
For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have an everlasting life.

The reason why most "Christians" can't prove thier faith in God today is because they come to God for miracles first, to solve thier problems, and not to know Jesus as the Savior and His love.

If you have tried to live this life all by yourself, wisdom and ability and haven't succeeded at it, just like I did many years back to the point of suicide, humble yourself, find the need of inviting Jesus as Lord, submit to the Holy Spirit the helper. I promise you one thing, he will help you make a meaning out of all the mess of your life. Much more, He will help you manifest the great purpose He had planned you for, to the fullest potential - just like He did to me.

Come to Jesus today.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Offpoint1: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2023
cheesy
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by McOluOmo: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2023
T
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Ceasarceasar: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2023
Christianity is the only religion of peace ..

2 Likes

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Danisaint112(m): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2023
Read the Bible

Read the Bible

Read the Bible

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by ipobarecriminals: 9:18am On Jul 23, 2023
sad
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Opanka44(m): 9:19am On Jul 23, 2023
Love your neighbor as yourself

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by hahn(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?"

That's the question a young man asked many years ago.

The young man in question is the world renowned preacher, Oral Roberts.

He once asked in a prayer to God, "how do I know Jesus?"

God's answer to him was, "read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and The Book of Acts, three times in thirty days!"

"He did it on his knees.
At the end of the thirty days, he testified that he now knew Jesus "better than he knew any man on the Face of The Earth!"
- Kenneth Copeland.

Interestingly that was God's Own response to that question, but how many Christians would have given a similar response to that question when asked by those who sincerely want to know Jesus today?

Not many obviously but I'm glad to be one of the few ones that would.

God bless.

How can one be this consistent at being this delusional?

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by FuckSilly: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2023
Which of the Jesus are you referring to?
When you think of Jesus, which image comes up in your head ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by FuckSilly: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Caught Seeking LovePeddlers In Ohio / Lets's Discuss African Tradition Religion / CAC Sunday School Pamphlet To Become One Year Volume From January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.