Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" (4761 Views)

If You Agree That Jesus Is He Who Is To Come, Then You Know Jesus Is God Almight / 26 Powerful Reasons Why Scholars Know Jesus Existed / Did You Know Jesus Escaped Crucifixion And Raised A Family In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by SeriouslySense(m): 9:37am On Jul 23, 2023
Jesus is also revealed in all books of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by phemmyfour: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2023
Opanka44:
I have lost confidence in Christians. They are hypocrites
Individual shouldn't be your standard irrespective of religion or tribe
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by immortalmortal: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2023
Don't
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by tallfish145(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2023
Bible will tell you lots of lies about him. Just focus on knowing God Almighty only
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Opanka44(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2023
WeirdAlien:
Ask

Focus on the message, not the messenger.

I need a help of two thousands naira pls
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Opanka44(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2023
phemmyfour:
Individual shouldn't be your standard irrespective of religion or tribe

It's true. But who will disciple us?
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by phemmyfour: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2023
Opanka44:

It's true. But who will disciple us?
Follow the teaching of Jesus n his apostles. The era of discipleship is gone.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Opanka44(m): 10:07am On Jul 23, 2023
phemmyfour:
Follow the teaching of Jesus n his apostles. The era of discipleship is gone.

I'm just in my room thinking of what to eat and survive for today. I wholeheartedly need help Sir
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by ColdzOutside: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2023
Jesus is dead. You can only read about him.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Amajuoyi44(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2023
I need jesus!!!
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Godmind2022(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?"

That's the question a young man asked many years ago.

The young man in question is the world renowned preacher, Oral Roberts.

He once asked in a prayer to God, "how do I know Jesus?"

God's answer to him was, "read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and The Book of Acts, three times in thirty days!"

"He did it on his knees.
At the end of the thirty days, he testified that he now knew Jesus "better than he knew any man on the Face of The Earth!"
- Kenneth Copeland.

Interestingly that was God's Own response to that question, but how many Christians would have given a similar response to that question when asked by those who sincerely want to know Jesus today?

Not many obviously but I'm glad to be one of the few ones that would.

God bless.

Hope you are not saying that to praise yourself! And don't condemn those who wouldn't.

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2023
Read gospel of Barnabas. Someone stole my fine bag with that book in it but Alas, I’ve read it like 20 times.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by MindHacker9009(m): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
You also believe Julius Caesar was a Roman invention right?

But you don't need to threaten people with going to hell if they don't believe Julius Caesar was a real ruler.

But can threaten people with going to hell if they don't believe there was a fictional superman 2000 years ago flying into space, who promised that his is coming soon and those around him will see him coming down from the clouds but no sign of him coming back soon for 2000 years.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Alliswell248: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2023
Opanka44:
I have lost confidence in Christians. They are hypocrites

Christians never died for you but Jesus did.
Your trust should be in Jesus.
All men are striving for perfection., None is perfect.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Alliswell248: 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
ColdzOutside:
Jesus is dead. You can only read about him.

He is alive Sir.
Not dead.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
hahn:

How can one be this consistent at being this delusional?
You must ask yourself because the bolded perfectly applies to you.

I expected that by now you would have realized this.

I hope you won't wait til it's too late.

Jesus loves you bro. Don't break His heart by dying in your sins.

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by orisa37: 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
LOVE OTHERS LIKE YOU LOVE YOURSELF.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Maynman: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
orisa37:
LOVE OTHERS LIKE YOU LOVE YOURSELF.
How can you love yourself?
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
Read gospel of Barnabas. Someone stole my fine bag with that book in it but Alas, I’ve read it like 20 times.
Do tell us what you came away with when you read it? That Adam knew the name of Mohammed even in the garden of Eden? Or that Mohammed is some eternal being who will judge humanity?, undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Sleekfingers: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
The Jew man that was paraded naked and beaten to a pulp. I don't wanna know him.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Mamijoh(f): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?"

That's the question a young man asked many years ago.

The young man in question is the world renowned preacher, Oral Roberts.

He once asked in a prayer to God, "how do I know Jesus?"

God's answer to him was, "read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and The Book of Acts, three times in thirty days!"

"He did it on his knees.
At the end of the thirty days, he testified that he now knew Jesus "better than he knew any man on the Face of The Earth!"
- Kenneth Copeland.

Interestingly that was God's Own response to that question, but how many Christians would have given a similar response to that question when asked by those who sincerely want to know Jesus today?

Not many obviously but I'm glad to be one of the few ones that would.

God bless.
Amen and you too, in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Mamijoh(f): 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God's answer indeed! grin

ROFLMAO!
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Your name answered to this your comment
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Mamijoh(f): 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2023
DyshApp:
Anything is possible with the will of God, To understand the Bible one must truly meditate in the word day and Night, we hold a session 8pm every Thursday on Dysh and encourage you to join us
Which Channel
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Mamijoh(f): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus was the bastard son of an acclaimed
virgin whose promiscuous mother didn't know which one of the 23 guys that were banging her at the time got her pregnant. She then used hypnotic powers to delude Joseph, who is a responsible carpenter, into thinking he met god and god told him to accept Mary and her unborn child

this child was named Jesus and his mother kept calling him son of god and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions
this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day, this inevitably led to him suffering from delusion of grandeur

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the crap out of him and hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days. He realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the "cup pass over him", but since there's no god anywhere listening no one saved him and he died, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven on the third day; even his mother that authored the delusion didn't see him

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man

these people call themselves "Christians"

its a pity Nigeria has a huge population of people that believes a troublemaking carpenter suffering from delusion of grandeur

how can a Nigerian believe a Jew died for their sins when most of the people who saw him die (The Jews) don't buy that? its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while Nigerians laugh at their delusions
May God have mercy upon you and your entire generation, in Jesus name, Amen
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Mamijoh(f): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
But christianity is a crazy religion o. They have a god who allegedly created everything and wants everyone's admiration. Infact it gets jealous and upset like a petulant child when its toys (worship) are given to other needy gods.

Instead of showing itself to people, it plays a silly hide and seek game of faith, where you have to act like a lunatic, proclaiming things are true when they are not evidently so.

As if that's not bad enough, you going to be tormented by this all-loving and also sadistic entity if you don't subscribe to this idiocy.
Its isn't your fault, just that your not #In the Spirit.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Mamijoh(f): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why did you put your confidence in ordinary men to begin with? undecided
Good question
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by ReacherSaidNoth: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
Mamijoh:
Its isn't your fault, just that your not #In the Spirit.
You're right. I'm not in the spirit of delusion.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Maynman: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
You're right. I'm not in the spirit of delusion.
😂😂🤣
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Jumbojax(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
Read the read letters smiley
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by UncleDS(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
It was later after reading it many times that also got to realize that the book of Acts was actually the harvest of the Word (seed) Jesus sowed in the Gospels, therefore to be able to replicate or achieve the same results of the book of Acts, one must also sow the same Word (seed) Jesus sowed in the Gospels, which I believe is the reason Jesus gave His disciples the instruction to teach all men to observe whatsoever He commanded them.

I believe the book of Acts is the same result God wants to achieve in this last days, hence His giving me the same Instruction and Word He gave to the apostles of Christ.

So I wasn't too surprised that He had done a similar thing to Oral Roberts, and instead of pointing Him to the Bible, specifically told him to read the Gospels (the teachings of Christ) and also the Book of Acts (the results of His teachings), before he was able to use him to play a significant part in revival that took place in his generation.

Perhaps that suggests the reason why the cry of many Christians for revival appears unanswered, as the answer God gave to the question of Oral Roberts concerning knowing Jesus is different from what they would give to those who sincerely want to know Jesus, and revival can hardly take place when their teachings differ from that of God which is required to birth the revival they were asking God for.

God bless.

@ Jesusjnr, will like you hi me on WhatsApp on 08076695668
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by 2016easy2017: 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Research him from the holy Qur'an and NOT the bibble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues: Is It Real Language Or Garrulous Babble? / Does "Islamic" Terrorism Really Stem From Islam? Or Is It All Propaganda? / Nigerian atheists should take several seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.