Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,468 members, 7,850,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? (27660 Views)

Lionel Messi Made The Biggest Individual Donation To Turkey And Syria / FIFA Club World Cup Final: Individual Award Winners (photos) / FG Prohibits Exclusivity Rights In Sports Broadcasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Padipadi: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Messi didn’t make top 3 in 2018 despite having the best stats so quit the excuse.

If Messi didn’t win 2010 then Iniesta but definitely not Sneijder. Messi may not have won UCL or World Cup in 2010 but no player could match his personal statistics that year.

Messi didn’t win 2020. He won 2021 cos of his personal achievements, Copa Del Rey and Copa America but you guys want to use Lewandoski’s 2020 performance to drag 2021 as if it’s Messi’s fault that they cancelled it in 2020 award.
Bros, the Koko be say Messi had 2 ojoro awards, period!
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Goddyrichie(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Almiron:
All is fair on this banter table. I never claimed Messi came from my village in any of my post here

Dvmbfvcks like you are quick to change narratives when things aren't going the way dey anticipated. Its a common trait in your lineage, nah wetin your grandpa nurse till death be that, your papa don pass am too, failure isn't just hovering around your ugly bald head, its in you like peak, cos it's in your dna.

That's why you've always been unfortunate all your short life so far.

May thunder strike your papa deaaaaad. Next time learn to mind your fvcking business, ogun kee your mama join
na social media Dey cuz all this mess normal normal in real life one on one dem no born ur papa wella cuz I go use shit tire ur papa he go chop ham belleful claim on top ur mama like say I wan tear her toto come Dey begin Dey give ham blow wey she never witness 4 her life b4 ogun ara (thunder) kill ur entire generation whenever they’re 🪓🪓🪓
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Fearyourcreator: 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
OJEEMAH:
if you can’t be civil, don’t ever quote me
You called yourself empty head but now claiming civic...Werey leleyi ni... You dey claim civil... Aiye eleyi fe baje ni... Dem start to dey scatter ballondior rubbish 2010 ontop messi you dey bring yeye stats... Werey ni e ni... You blind or you don't know how its done... Ontop messi dem scatter am... You dey mention 2014, messi dey ball pass cr7 ... I no dey argue all those nonsense goat status ... Cuz non of them better Brazilian Ronaldo ... 2010 was rubbish
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by princeade86(m): 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
OJEEMAH:
I will not deliberately lie to support anyone. I admit it was a mistake on my part. However, this does not change the fact that Sneijder does not deserve Balon D’or in 2010. Like I always say, if it wasn’t Messi, it should have been Iniesta.
so why did dey removed him from top 3 when all of us knew how well he performed the whole season.
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Sizwezi: 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
Is it a coincidence that whenever you talk about the 2010 Balon dor award all you see and hear is robbery , robbery robbery ? No it’s not. When the blind , deaf and dumb found out about the eventual winner, each of em asked God for a personal miracle. If fairness, equity and justice was at play , 2010 and 2013 shouldn’t have gone to Messi and Ronaldo.

Snijeder or Iniesta 2010. Ribery 2013.

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/04/24/5adf6ad9ca4741cf088b4613.html

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/535952-ballo-dor-2010-wesley-sneijder-snubbed-by-comic-fifa-in-favour-of-barca-trio#

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/revisiting-the-2010-ballon-d-or-when-wesley-sneijder-made-a-case-to-win-the-award
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by OJEEMAH(m): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
princeade86:
so why did dey removed him from top 3 when all of us knew how well he performed the whole season.
because you probably didn’t know Iniesta and Xavi did better and they also defeated Sneijder’s Netherlands to win the World Cup
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Chidolalar: 12:01am On Jun 12, 2023
Oakenshield:
2021 even you knew Lewandoski was the deserved winner. When did winning Copa America determine winner of world best? Even FIFA knew the cheated. This year I wonder who will win it because there exceptional players

De Lima won d 1999 ballon d'or bcuz of Copa America performance.
Penaldo is d only player to win d ballon d'or without winning a single trophy. dat is d biggest robbery ever
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Oakenshield: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Chidolalar:

De Lima won d 1999 ballon d'or bcuz of Copa America performance.
Penaldo is d only player to win d ballon d'or without winning a single trophy. dat is d biggest robbery ever
u are totally wrong he played for Inter Milan if am not mistaken and won the league with Europa league
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Chidolalar: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Padipadi:

If it wasn't Sneidjer to win 2010, then it should have been Milito or Iniesta.
Moreover, FIFA a times ll lie that world cup was the criteria only to switch when it's Messi's turn. This year, Haaland had the numbers against Messi. So don't sound woke, just be truthful that Messi was lucky to have 2010 and 2020 edition. The 2013 was given to CR7 cos of personal stats which they v used to favour Messi severally.
2014 edition won by CR7 was fully merited. He won the UCL that year.
Lastly, this isn't about Ronaldo fans but to say the truth about misconceptions in football.
D biggest robbery was penaldo winning d 2013 ballon d'or without winning a single trophy dat season
So why didn't Messi win d 2016, 2017, 2018 ballon d'or bcuz he had d best personal stat in all those seasons?
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by OJEEMAH(m): 12:05am On Jun 12, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

You called yourself empty head but now claiming civic...Werey leleyi ni... You dey claim civil... Aiye eleyi fe baje ni... Dem start to dey scatter ballondior rubbish 2010 ontop messi you dey bring yeye stats... Werey ni e ni... You blind or you don't know how its done... Ontop messi dem scatter am... You dey mention 2014, messi dey ball pass cr7 ... I no dey argue all those nonsense goat status ... Cuz non of them better Brazilian Ronaldo ... 2010 was rubbish
screenshot shows you started the hostility cos you simply can’t stand the truth. Good night!

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by OJEEMAH(m): 12:06am On Jun 12, 2023
Padipadi:

Your opinion
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by OJEEMAH(m): 12:07am On Jun 12, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

It's all started 2010... Spanish player have won ... Not messi... Dey talk true abeg... It's a WC year
It’s not my fault that you didn’t see where I said, if Messi didn’t win, Iniesta should have won.
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Slynation(m): 12:15am On Jun 12, 2023
OJEEMAH:
SNEIJDER 2010
Seria A: 4goals and 8assists
UCL: 3goals and 6assist
World Cup: 5goals and 1assist

Seria A winner
UCL winner
Copa Italia winner

MESSI 2010
European Golden Boot
UCL Top Scorer
Club World Cup top scorer
La liga Player of the Year

La liga winner
Copa Del Rey winner
UEFA Super Cup winner
Club World Cup winner
Spanish Super Cup winner

If Sneijder was exceptional and also behind the success of Intermilan and Netherlands, how come he was never voted the best in atleast one of the competition he participated?

In 2010, Sneijder did not win UEFA Player of the Year. Milito did.

In 2010, Sneijder did not win Seria A Player of the Year. Milito did.

In 2010, Sneijder did not win Intermilan Player of the Year. Milito

In 2010, Sneijder did not win Golden Ball at the World Cup. Forlan did.

LEWANDOSKI 2021
European Golden Boot
Broke Muller’s record
Bundes liga winner

MESSI 2021
Copa America winner
Copa Del Rey winner

Copa America Player of the Tournament
Copa America Top scorer
Copa America Top Assist
La liga Top scorer
Top Assist in La liga

You don’t care about Sneijder nor Lewandoski. You are just a typical Ronaldo fanboy working so hard to discredit Messi.

If it’s about justice, why did you omit 2013 and even 2014?

2013 was the first time a player was crowned without leading his team to a single trophy.

By your logic, Ribery and Neuer should have won 2013 and 2014 respectively…. Guess what? both awards went to Ronaldo
Weldon bro... cheesy you just schooled that useless hater where it hurts the most. Now they are glamouring for a Halaand that I couldn't even remember the last time he gave an accurate pass to his teammates!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Slynation(m): 12:19am On Jun 12, 2023
obembet:
Messi rob iniesta

I just hope they will not rob this boy

Premier League winner
🏆 Champions League winner
🏆 FA Cup winner
🏆 Premier League Golden Boot winner
🏆 Champions League Top Scorer
🏆 Premier League Player of the Season
🏆 Premier League Young Player of the Season

Take away tapins, penalty and heading...Halaand is a very useless player!! No skills, no passing accuracy, just standing in the 18box area waiting for tapins...!! He's not even worthy to win a Dubai'dor but let's have it....!!

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Chidolalar: 12:24am On Jun 12, 2023
Padipadi:

Bring out d stats and let's c d ojoro
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Chidolalar: 12:29am On Jun 12, 2023
Oakenshield:
u are totally wrong he played for Inter Milan if am not mistaken and won the league with Europa league
He played for Barca dat season and Barca didn't win anything that season
It was his Copa America performance with Brazil that won him d balloon d'or just exactly d same way he won d 2002 ballon d'or with his world cup performance
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Chidolalar: 12:37am On Jun 12, 2023
Padipadi:

If ballon d'or is about goals and assists Den Messi would have won 9 and penaldo would have won only 2

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by BLoomfrancs(m): 4:48am On Jun 12, 2023
Almiron:
Messi will win his 8th balloon dor later this year, nothing fit change it. Y'all penaldogs go cry till death, una pain na eternal.

Your fraud single-handedly destroyed PSG. Came and created a rift between two good friends, Ney and Mbappe. And was booed and booted off the team after achieving nothing. The merchant of 4 goals per season in a star-studded PSG grin He was riding on the backs of great Barcelona players and never wanted to leave in order not to expose himself as a fraud who couldn't achieve anything in another league. He always have had the help of his boyfriends in Uefa and FIFA to rob people of their titles and positions. A very racist piece of shit who called black players "negro" during spanish la liga games. A very fraudulent midget who evaded tax at all cost despite all the millions he earns.
A fraud whose only achievement was being compared to the GOAT, CR7. A man with the stupidest and most delusional fans in the world.
Camera wowo, Abasha wowo, my fans wowo.
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Padipadi: 4:57am On Jun 12, 2023
Chidolalar:

If ballon d'or is about goals and assists Den Messi would have won 9 and penaldo would have won only 2
You are typing as if your destiny was used by Ronaldo. I don't blame you.
Cos CR7 drained 5 out of Pessi's FIFA gifts. Even your Pessi said he's on depression pills when CR7 equaled him. He's a silent guilty midget.
Pessi had two ojoro awards.
You can live on with the guilt.
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Padipadi: 5:00am On Jun 12, 2023
Chidolalar:

D biggest robbery was penaldo winning d 2013 ballon d'or without winning a single trophy dat season
So why didn't Messi win d 2016, 2017, 2018 ballon d'or bcuz he had d best personal stat in all those seasons?
Ask FIFA. It has always favoured Messi the most. But we are here to say, acknowledge that man from Portugal cos he is responsible for pegging Messi to 7 awards so far.
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by sumyvic: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2023
Almiron:
Messi will win his 8th balloon dor later this year, nothing fit change it. Y'all penaldogs go cry till death, una pain na eternal.
oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by sumyvic: 7:14am On Jun 12, 2023
OJEEMAH:
SNEIJDER 2010

Seria A winner
UCL winner
Copa Italia winner

MESSI 2010
European Golden Boot
UCL Top Scorer

La liga winner
Copa Del Rey winner
UEFA Super Cup winner
Club World Cup winner
Spanish Super Cup winner

If Sneijder was exceptional and also behind the success of Intermilan and Netherlands, how come he was never voted the best in atleast one of the competition he participated?

LEWANDOSKI 2021
European Golden Boot
Broke Muller’s record
Bundes liga winner

MESSI 2021
Copa America winner
Copa Del Rey winner

Copa America Top scorer
Copa America Top Assist
La liga Top scorer
Top Assist in La liga

You don’t care about Sneijder nor Lewandoski. You are just a typical Ronaldo fanboy working so hard to discredit Messi.

2013 was the first time a player was crowned without leading his team to a single trophy.

By your logic, Ribery and Neuer should have won 2013 and 2014 respectively…. Guess what? both awards went to Ronaldo
o boy you go school and you stay class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Fearyourcreator: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2023
OJEEMAH:
It’s not my fault that you didn’t see where I said, if Messi didn’t win, Iniesta should have won.
Why should messi win in a world cup year when he didn't even scored a goal in that same world cup... 2010 was were the whole nonsense started from...
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Fearyourcreator: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2023
OJEEMAH:
screenshot shows you started the hostility cos you simply can’t stand the truth. Good night!
Which yeye truth ... I said Shut up ... You called your self aftwr that empty head... You now claiming civil ... Yeye
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by sumyvic: 7:19am On Jun 12, 2023
obembet:
By the word robbery it simply means that a certain player had worked very hard and won the hearts of football fans who were disappointed to see someone else who has performed less better win the award.

Here are the three biggest robberies, according that u can remembe[/b]r

[b]The first one was Robert Lewandowski in 2020:

Most football lovers and pundits agree that the Polish striker was robbed in 2020 after the award ceremony was cancelled the very year he should have won it.
And instead of giving it to him the next year, it was rather given to Lionel Messi. A Lewandowski victory could have been uncontested like the Benzema triumph last year.

Goal reported that the organisers cited the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse, but every sane football fan knows it was Lewandowski’s award for the taking.

Another one was Wesley Sneijder.

The Dutchman was snubbed in 2010 even when most football lovers had tipped him to claim the individual gong. His Ballon d’Or snub sparked a lot of controversies, as the playmaker was involved in every trophy his side won

So To All my great Nairalanders football lovers, kindly share your view

By obembet

Young man come October 16th we are picking no. 8 Balloon d'or. If you are not okay with it pls go to court
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by benqo01(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2023
Padipadi:

If it wasn't Sneidjer to win 2010, then it should have been Milito or Iniesta.
Moreover, FIFA a times ll lie that world cup was the criteria only to switch when it's Messi's turn. This year, Haaland had the numbers against Messi. So don't sound woke, just be truthful that Messi was lucky to have 2010 and 2020 edition. The 2013 was given to CR7 cos of personal stats which they v used to favour Messi severally.
2014 edition won by CR7 was fully merited. He won the UCL that year.
Lastly, this isn't about Ronaldo fans but to say the truth about misconceptions in football.

THAT IS WHY I NEVER WANTED TO QUOTE THAT COMMENT COS ALL THAT PERSON WROTE IS COMPLETELY TRASH I WATCHED THAT 2010 AND I KNEW SNEIJDER WAS D RIGHT PERSON FOR THAT AWARD THAT WAS A DAYLIGHT ROBBERY,WHAT ABOUT 2020 LEWANDOSKI I DONT JUST UNDERSTAND WHY THIS KEEPS HAPPENING

NOW HALLAND IS HERE BUT THEY WILL STILL DENY HIM DIS AWARD

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Mase2020g(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2023
Almiron:

And you are your father never win anything for life
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Neimar: 7:56am On Jun 12, 2023
madridguy:
Messi, the ojoro master grin Always stealing peoples glory.

Like they stole yours abi??
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by JohnnyPalmer: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2023
OJEEMAH:
SNEIJDER 2010

Seria A winner
UCL winner
Copa Italia winner

MESSI 2010
European Golden Boot
UCL Top Scorer

La liga winner
Copa Del Rey winner
UEFA Super Cup winner
Club World Cup winner
Spanish Super Cup winner

LEWANDOSKI 2021
European Golden Boot
Broke Muller’s record
Bundes liga winner

MESSI 2021
Copa America winner
Copa Del Rey winner

Copa America Top scorer
Copa America Top Assist
La liga Top scorer
Top Assist in La liga

I love you brah, no homo

They are already screaming fraud when it's obvious Messi will win his 8th

Haaland did not even win UCL best player
Had less touches than Onana

No g/a in 5 semifinals and finals this season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Almiron: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2023
Mase2020g:

And you are your father never win anything for life
My father already won big in life, something wey your miserable poor father no fit achieve in his life, you're product of failure, e dey run in your dna. Ogun kee your papa, ma stray dogs go chop his corpse
Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by Almiron: 8:11am On Jun 12, 2023
BLoomfrancs:

Your fraud single-handedly destroyed PSG. Came and created a rift between two good friends, Ney and Mbappe. And was booed and booted off the team after achieving nothing. The merchant of 4 goals per season in a star-studded PSG grin He was riding on the backs of great Barcelona players and never wanted to leave in order not to expose himself as a fraud who couldn't achieve anything in another league. He always have had the help of his boyfriends in Uefa and FIFA to rob people of their titles and positions. A very racist piece of shit who called black players "negro" during spanish la liga games. A very fraudulent midget who evaded tax at all cost despite all the millions he earns.
A fraud whose only achievement was being compared to the GOAT, CR7. A man with the stupidest and most delusional fans in the world.
Camera wowo, Abasha wowo, my fans wowo.
Cry very hard dvmbfvck, and apply more pressure cos you are going to cry till your last miserable breathe

Re: What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? by princeade86(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2023
OJEEMAH:
because you probably didn’t know Iniesta and Xavi did better and they also defeated Sneijder’s Netherlands to win the World Cup
then they can't sacrifice Messi for him right? If u follow history of balon dor truly, u will know is not about number of goals u scored that will make u win the award, but what u play. That time, we all knew it was xavi and iniesta that did wonders, and for inter, we all saw wonders sneider did also and also during world cup. That fraud alone killed both sneider and riberry spirit. Even lewadoski.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oguchi Onyewu Celebrates His 38th Birthday Today / Obafemi Martins Donates Wheelchairs, Crutches And Beds To The Lagos Government / Guinness World Record: Davido, Sowore Turn Up To Support Chess Master, Onakoya

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.