Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill (53581 Views)

Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment / 5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Snazzy147: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=Samirana360 post=123754540]I remember Dr Chris ngige of anambra state ... when he stole peter obi’s Mandate and started working hard to win the heart of anambra people but at the end he was kicked out by the the court. So tinubu if u like turn urself to messiah just know u r working with a stolen mandate.. thank u and goodnight [/quojte]

Shut up Ewu
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by princeade86(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
PepeXKermit:

Tinubu just fixed a problem that no one even dared to think of. Wait my brother, him hand go reach everywhere. besides, do not take the loan if you do not believe you are capable of paying it.
how will I know I can't pay it after I graduated? It means u also know that u can't secure a job.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by nkemjacob2(m): 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
What of loan for small businesses
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Brush1: 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
MorataFC:
Good news,
chai,may God forgive those of us who don't believe in you.

Be quiet already. This was an idea stolen from Lagos state LP candidate. It’s as clear as water.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by 7upnigeria: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
Honestly, I really commend BAT on this great fit. He will no doubt, perform well in his first tenure. Another thing I like is that, he's active with action..

Imagine having another Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (in performance) in BAT, it would really be a dream come true..

YoungLionken:
However, I didn't really like how the just concluded election was manipulated for his sake, the stabbing of that woman, thugs parading weapons and death scores.
No regards for the Nigerian blood...

Bro, thank God for improvement in technology. You weren't probably born when Obasanjo said election was a "do or die" affair in 2003 and 2007. Many were killed during that 2003 elections especially. The 2011 elections was the worst when it has to do with killing when corp member were killed in their number in the North because BUHARI did not win the elections. I was serving in the North as a corp member at the time and we had to be secured to prevent our people from getting attacked, we conducted that election.

Elections in Nigeria has ALWAYS been like that. Dont let anybody deceive you. Politicians will do anything to win elections. Until theres probably an electoral reform before anything can change during elections. Otherwise, come 2027 same thing will happen. I stopped voting in 2007.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by JIBO4REAL(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
dankofa:
With a family annual income of less than N500k to be eligible, it means children of parents who earn N50k per month are not eligible as it comes to N600k. Also, if minimum age is increased from N30k to say N50k due to subsidy removal, all the children of people who will be earning minimum wage won't be eligible.
So, which children will be eligible? It appears like a policy that is just for the upticks.

The policy is for the poor
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by jconsulting(f): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ezigboune:
This is a wrong move from the president

Children of perdition will never see anything good in this government. If Tinubu government is giving free food to every citizen some devilish persons will still not see any good in it..... Because their hero who receive advise from a madman is not the president.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by LegendHero(m): 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Kukutenla:
Annual income of 500k?
Most of those bootlicking on the fp certainly won't qualify cheesy cheesy

Family earning less than that 500k will qualify.

If you earn like 1m annually, you have no business borrowing loan for your kid school fees in public universities. So government don’t need to waste resources on you.

I don’t know how much Federal universities pay now, but during my period, my school fees no reach 15-30k annually. I used 5 years for school, that’s an average 150-200k for example.

If I had taken the loan, I would be required to pay 10% of my salary after 2 years of NYSC. Let’s say I earn 80k monthly, that’s like 8k per month.

That means in 25 payments of 2 years, I can pay back the student loan.

I don’t think it’s bad. It make sense.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
A policy is supposed to solve a problem. Which problem is this policy solving? How many graduates in Nigeria get jobs two years after NYSC?
wahalawahala:
pls how?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Web2020: 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
jconsulting:

Children of perdition will never see anything good in this government. If Tinubu government is giving free food to every citizen some devilish persons will still not see any good in it..... Because their hero who receive advise from a madman is not the president.
You that is the children of light, show me the fuel station design differently for you people so that I can come buy. Maybe, just maybe, I will convert.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by onuman: 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
Looking for cheap popularity to keep a stolen mandate; Tinubu style.
APC operatives stole billions of Naira meant for school feeding, but they were not put in jail. Stealing money mapped out for students loan scheme shall be like stealing akara not looked after by anyone.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by LegendHero(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2023
pacesetting:
A policy is supposed to solve a problem. Which problem is this policy solving? How many graduates in Nigeria get jobs two years after NYSC?

The policy will solve the situation of parent not able to afford university for their kids.

Because our own family can afford it does not mean other families can. There are people that their dream died only because of WAEC fees that their parent couldn’t pay let alone university fees.

Any one whose parent can afford their school fees do not have any reason for getting the loan. The loan is not compulsory and I don’t know why you guys are even trying to criticize it.

No one is going to force anyone to take the loan. If you don’t get a job after 2 years, they will continue to monitor you and start after you get a job. This can even force people to take up self employment jobs.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Samirana360(m): 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ur father ewu [quote author=Snazzy147 post=123756114][/quote]
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Gbogbowa: 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
To me this is a wrong move it's just another way to steal money just like primary school feeding by Buhari and payment of 5000 to one million poor Nigeria.why not fund the university so that fee will be affordable.i remember this is one of the policy ASUU was fighting against during ASUU strike
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Samirana360(m): 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
They are all in court
Fearyourcreator:

So Atiku go dey look ... Many of you are just senseless
ur generation are senseless
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
The problem is not getting loan, but paying back. Govt needs to first address the issue of unemployment before thinking about this policy. Tinubu's hasty decisions on fuel subsidy and student loans shows he knows nothing. I pity those applauding this wrong policy.
PepeXKermit:

how so? when they told you people to pay your OPAY loans, una say nothing fit happen. Nothing fit happen, now you no fit get genuine loan from govt.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by wahalawahala: 11:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
pacesetting:
well you're very right.. but let's see how things unfold .. it's too soon to start writing the new government off .
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Web2020: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
What is the real problems of Nigerian students between the below problem statement?

1. Average Nigerians are unable to afford their tuition fees?

2. Average Nigerians are unable to secure jobs after graduation.

What is the immediate problem is the loan scheme designed to solve?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by onuman: 11:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
jconsulting:

From APC's children of perdition who with their party principals stole money meant for little kids' School Meals Scheme for 8 years. Who in his/her right mind expects the same APC children of perdition and their principals to spare the money to be mapped out for adult students loan scheme?
CHILDREN OF PERDITION WHO EVENTUALLY MADE NIGERIA 🇳🇬 BECOME THE POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD AND ONE OF THE MOST TERRORISED COUNTRIES ON THE PLANET.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by BleedTears: 11:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
ghanaman5050:
(3. Provide at least 2 guarantors (Civil Servant above Level 12 or Lawyer with at least 10 years post-call experience)
The loan is not for poor or average Nigerian.
I wonder why people jubilating didn't see that part.

How many people eating less than 500k per year has those kind of people. LoL

This is just a means for the elite to reloot the subsidy money and never pay back the loan.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Those parents that afforded university for their kids, where are their kids now? This policy is useless since the govt has not solved the issue of high unemployment. You guys should stop sugarcoating this useless policy.
LegendHero:

The policy will solve the situation of parent not able to afford university for their kids.

Because our own family can afford it does not mean other families can. There are people that their dream died only because of WAEC fees that their parent couldn’t pay let alone university fees.

Any one whose parent can afford their school fees do not have any reason for getting the loan. The loan is not compulsory and I don’t know why you guys are even trying to criticize it.

No one is going to force anyone to take the loan. If you don’t get a job after 2 years, they will continue to monitor you and start after you get a job. This can even force people to take up self employment jobs.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by onuman: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
danokojemaria14:
Good day.. good people of Naira land.. Things are really bad for me.. feeding has become difficult for me and my kids..I beg of you.. Assist us with anything... just to feed..God bless you..2 2 2 3 7 3 2 7 0 2...U B A...A..D..
No thanks for the APC operators/Children of perdition who made you with millions of other Nigerians inhabit the country now described as the poverty capital of the world.
Yet they seek to continue, this time to unarguably, depopulate Nigeria by half.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by dejol88: 11:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Web2020:
This is complete nonsense. This will not work in Nigeria right now. Nigeria has no data. Before anybody quotes me, first answer the following questions.

1. What happened to the Covid 19 business assisted loan?

2. What happened to the SMEDF loan for SMEs in Nigeria?

3. What happened to market money?

Anybody advising Tinubu to be signing all sort of nonsense bills is not helping him.

He should concentrate on building systems first. Build the institutions. Give at least 12 hours of stable electricity. Get good centralised data-based for Nigerians. A unified means of identification. Then all these schemes can now follow.

For now, Fanikoyode and that SAN will share this money met for the student loan. They will come out to tell stories of millions of ghost people that benefited. No one can verify.
This scheme is designed to increase debt Nigeria is owing without impact.
Many Nigerians like celebrating nonsense.

I feel we should redesign our education system where critical thinking would be compulsory.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
That's my question too. A policy that cannot solve students problems. It will even compound their issues.
Web2020:
What is the real problems of Nigerian students between the below problem statement?

1. Average Nigerians are unable to afford their tuition fees?

2. Average Nigerians are unable to secure jobs after graduation.

What is the immediate problem is the loan scheme designed to solve?

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by NOwazobia: 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Guarantor don spoil am...

The type of guarantor required is the type where lots of poor family will be dupe of the little they have just to access guarantorship.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by pacesetting: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tinubu is just putting the cart before the horse. We really have a long way to go. I pity those praying that the government favours them. They should rather pray that the government makes the right decision, which is obviously not the case so far.
dejol88:

This scheme is designed to increase debt Nigeria is owing without impact.
Many Nigerians like celebrating nonsense.

I feel we should redesign our education system where critical thinking would be compulsory.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by sogodihno: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
Samirana360:
I remember Dr Chris ngige of anambra state ... when he stole peter obi’s Mandate and started working hard to win the heart of anambra people but at the end he was kicked out by the the court. So tinubu if u like turn urself to messiah just know u r working with a stolen mandate.. thank u and goodnight

You urgently need to get brain, Nigeria is not Anambra, stop hallucinating.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by NOwazobia: 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
According to the details I read from the post, it won't fly for long...

1. Guarantorship has already discreminate most low income family.

2. Two years after NYSC repayment will lead to congestion and insolvency because we have more admission seekers than NYSC applicants or graduates. While the bank will be aware of this, they will frustrate applicants to savage the issue of insolvency, not to mention favoritism and tribalism that will take full course.

3. Jail time or fine will further place more people at disadvantage of applying because job or ease of business is not assured in Nigeria.

4. Most Nigerians are living on loans.

While I pray it fly, but I see it has failed before it started. 🚶
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by akins088(m): 11:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
U dey smoke something?
Samirana360:
I remember Dr Chris ngige of anambra state ... when he stole peter obi’s Mandate and started working hard to win the heart of anambra people but at the end he was kicked out by the the court. So tinubu if u like turn urself to messiah just know u r working with a stolen mandate.. thank u and goodnight
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by kokorokoman: 11:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
YoungLionken:
Honestly, I really commend BAT on this great fit. He will no doubt, perform well in his first tenure. Another thing I like is that, he's active with action..

Imagine having another Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (in performance) in BAT, it would really be a dream come true..

However, I didn't really like how the just concluded election was manipulated for his sake, the stabbing of that woman, thugs parading weapons and death scores. No regards for the Nigerian blood...
did you also see videos of what transpired in the east, an old man in anambra's head was broken because he voted for apc?
the three main contestants manipulated in their domains, this is nigeria, no SINGLE politician is a saint, its either you play the game or you sit down for your house.
the four main contestants RIGGED AND MANIPULATED VOTERS AND RESULTS IN THEIR DOMAIN, the most influential and best rigger won.
and comparing this just concluded elections to the previous ones held since 99 which do you think is more free and fair ?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by kokorokoman: 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
pacesetting:
Those parents that afforded university for their kids, where are their kids now? This policy is useless since the govt has not solved the issue of high unemployment. You guys should stop sugarcoating this useless policy.
wow, abeg calm down first, go sleep and when you wake up tomorrow come back to nairaland and read what you wrote there.
which kind people dey this country sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" / See What A Student Of Godfrey Okoye University Produced (photo) / UNIABUJA Male Student Allegedlly Wanking While Peeping Into Female Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.