Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,094 members, 7,828,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill (53578 Views)

Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment / 5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by johnjose68: 5:35am On Jun 13, 2023
creolehunt:
Great.

But as with other things "Nigerian", you'll find that corruption will frustrate this policy.

Soon you'll start hearing that people were asked to pay some sorta bribe before they can receive the loan or that they were requested to bring a referee who kist be a senator or governor.

Okay..but you believe it is a good policy...so let's start from somewhere.... appreciate the move and criticize constructively... don't be forever pessimistic grin

On ASIWAJU's mandate I stand ♾️
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by XY23: 5:43am On Jun 13, 2023
LegendHero:

You come dey talk like say Tinubu put rope for you neck to borrow the money by fire by force.

So what stop Tinubu from solving unemployment issue and sustaining the student loan too? Do one need to stop before the other Abi you just love hating for hating sake? You well so?

Sometimes I think some Nigerians are actually mentally handicapped coz I find it weird that some people are actually criticizing this good effort from Tinubu.

This is the problem with some of you, too sensational in a way that defies logic. Don't sugar-coat policies, interrogate it's feasibility. What immediate problems does the policy solve for the students for the duration of it's life- cycle? This is the same way people celebrated school feeding problem and other interventions that ended up creating more debts for our country. Na wa for una o. PBAT is simply too hasty, putting carts before horses. Mark my words, he'll get trapped.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by johnjose68: 6:17am On Jun 13, 2023
XY23:

This is the problem with some of you, too sensational in a way that defies logic. Don't sugar-coat policies, interrogate it's feasibility. What immediate problems does the policy solve for the students for the duration of it's life- cycle? This is the same way people celebrated school feeding problem and other interventions that ended up creating more debts for our country. Na wa for una o. PBAT is simply too hasty, putting carts before horses. Mark my words, he'll get trapped.

You know what. I am actually happy that you are unhappy because the president is making progress.

It begs believe that someone is actually saying that PBAT is hasty angry So the president is hasty in solving problem But Buhari was too slow in solving problem

Why not kukuma focus on the quest of searching for your god's stolen manh.ood

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by ghanaman5050: 6:23am On Jun 13, 2023
DaveJacuzie:

Loans are not for very poor people, that's the truth...even in developed countries. You have to have a good credit rating/history. Nobody loans money to someone who is not likely to pay back. It is a loan not a scholarship.
Tell me one developed country that youn need Civil Servant above Level 12 or Lawyer with at least 10 years post-call experience) to get studen loan. In the UK , you pay back loans when you are working.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by eldoradoxx: 6:31am On Jun 13, 2023
braine:
Nice.

Tinubu has done better in 3 weeks than Bubu in 4 years.
But it was a bill passed by National Assembly shortly before Buhari left. It was a Buhari's government idea. Tinubu just inherited the bill already passed by National Assembly and signed the bill into law. Let's not over hype Tinubu like some of you over hyped Buhari and refused to allow constructive criticism of that failed government.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by zolajpower: 6:37am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:
This is a wrong move from the president
Honestly, my girlfriend who is an American citizen is asking how will they pay up the loan when there's no availability of jobs
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Lannister360: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2023
MorataFC:
Good news,
chai,may God forgive those of us who don't believe in you.

What is this one saying? Student loan will plunge a lot of people into debt, most graduates in this country are not doing well, how will the students who access this loan pay back after graduating? If he truly wants to help, he should make education free just like Awolowo did. Nigeria has the money.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Kukutenla: 6:50am On Jun 13, 2023
LegendHero:

Family earning less than that 500k will qualify.

If you earn like 1m annually, you have no business borrowing loan for your kid school fees in public universities. So government don’t need to waste resources on you.

I don’t know how much Federal universities pay now, but during my period, my school fees no reach 15-30k annually. I used 5 years for school, that’s an average 150-200k for example.

If I had taken the loan, I would be required to pay 10% of my salary after 2 years of NYSC. Let’s say I earn 80k monthly, that’s like 8k per month.

That means in 25 payments of 2 years, I can pay back the student loan.

I don’t think it’s bad. It make sense.

Oga do you know how much 1m annually is? That's less than 100k per month and with the current exchange rate and according to UN poverty index, such a family is poor.
Given that most federal universities now charge been 40k to 60k school fees and states 100k to 200k, minus other fees, for a family of four, who pay a rent of 150k per annum, minus feeding and other basic necessities, don't you think they should qualify for such help as well? How many staff in govt service earn 40k a month anyways apart from those in the state employ?
The net of people the bill aims to reach is too small in my opinion given the realities of Nigeria's economy.
Why do you think we have so many girls doing runs in polytechnic and universities? The number one factor is poverty.
Secondly, how exactly do you expect a level 12 civil servant who is struggling with his own fees to sign as a guarantor for someone earning 40k?
It's just not realistic.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by barkays001: 6:56am On Jun 13, 2023
This submission shows exactly what you represent. I think you should welcome and appreciate the new development. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has done well in fulfilling his promise in no mean time, and this is very critical because some people do not believe it can be materialized, such as Rufai of Arise.
Samirana360:
I remember Dr Chris ngige of anambra state ... when he stole peter obi’s Mandate and started working hard to win the heart of anambra people but at the end he was kicked out by the the court. So tinubu if u like turn urself to messiah just know u r working with a stolen mandate.. thank u and goodnight
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Ademolu2002(m): 6:58am On Jun 13, 2023
Samirana360:
I remember Dr Chris ngige of anambra state ... when he stole peter obi’s Mandate and started working hard to win the heart of anambra people but at the end he was kicked out by the the court. So tinubu if u like turn urself to messiah just know u r working with a stolen mandate.. thank u and goodnight

Was your mandate stolen?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by dejol88: 6:59am On Jun 13, 2023
Peppysco:

You should have read the article before making your comment. The government isn't borrowing to fund it rather, it made provisions for funding through 1% deduction from taxes and other levies accruing to the government, 1% deduction from profits from the sale of crude oil and other mineral resources and also deductions from grants and aids received. So, the government isn't borrowing to fund the Bill.
See this one , you seem to be a learner.
The revenue generated in this country, has it been enough to fund our national budget?
is it not an open secret we borrow to fund our budget.
Where would the government source the funding from when there has not been increased in revenue ?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by drnoel: 7:03am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:

It's not a wrong move. It's a very good move to help students having problem paying their school fees.
Problem is how they would finance it cos Buhari put Nigeria in debt to the tune of about 100 trillion
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Pierohandsome: 7:28am On Jun 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Segzy19: 7:35am On Jun 13, 2023
Oya tell us the right move oooo.

We know people like you....

We are waiting for you to tell us the right move o...

Okan yin o ni bale! Eyin Omo ale yi

Ezigboune:
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by adams123: 7:35am On Jun 13, 2023
drizslim:
Tinubu means well though but if u steal my car & drives it, + maintains it very well, it still doesn't stop u from being a thief

How did you get the car in the first place?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Henry22(m): 7:38am On Jun 13, 2023
Hahaha....my online loan defaulters una wehdon o grin, I know of some students who are owing 10 loan app.....
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by shegra58: 7:39am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:
Omo Ibo why now
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by hansomb: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:
How ? When many students use garri in writing exams, this should help in those situations.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Judolisco(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2023
Ezigboune:
it will only translate to more children dropping out of sch... I'm crying right now
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Judolisco(m): 7:59am On Jun 13, 2023
hansomb:

How ? When many students use garri in writing exams, this should help in those situations.
it's a step towards university autonomy, a sch will be at liberty to dictate it's tuition fees, Federal schs will now start charging like private schs... A lot of people will apply for d loans and of its dis Nigeria I know.... Preferential treatment will be given to some
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by 10kgod(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/MSIngawa/status/1668343172886409216?t=oDxB8mDINHEiYFJYNDP3Bg&s=08

A wrong move.... What about a move to reduce rate of unemployment first?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Mummyimbecile(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2023
Tribal sentiments aside, I think this Tinubu of a guy has good plans for Nigeria.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Love800(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2023
What of noun students, are they allowed too?

I mean open university?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by obiekunie01: 8:14am On Jun 13, 2023
lolu2019:
everyone knows that u and ur brothers are natural born thieves.

atleast we dont mine skull. cheesy cheesy
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Mccullum: 8:15am On Jun 13, 2023
Samirana360:

Peter Obi can never rule Nigeria, Tinubu will govern this country for 8 year, it'll now return to northern Nigeria. That's 16 year.

Atiku and Obi wasting their fund for lawyers in futility.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Samirana360(m): 8:19am On Jun 13, 2023
Go get sense
Mccullum:

Peter Obi can never rule Nigeria, Tinubu will govern this country for 8 year, it'll now return to northern Nigeria. That's 16 year.

Atiku and Obi wasting their fund for lawyers in futility.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by lolu2019: 8:28am On Jun 13, 2023
obiekunie01:

atleast we dont mine skull. cheesy cheesy
but u r headless mobs.cutting people head for a living.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by Mccullum: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2023
Samirana360:
Go get sense

I didn't mean to hurt you but it is bitter truth, that's all, thanks for the insults.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by obiekunie01: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2023
lolu2019:
but u r headless mobs.cutting people head for a living.

i dont talk to BA.Tstards so gerrof my mention.
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by OctavianAC(m): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2023
Story for the gods. Don't we have bank of Agriculture and bank of Industry? How many people can access cash in them, how much can they access? How much are they(the banks) been funded with?
Re: Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill by SKIBiNSKI(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2023
All the APC goons, nairaland tiefnubu supporters and Tiefnubu's owomida agberos clearly do not qualify. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" / See What A Student Of Godfrey Okoye University Produced (photo) / UNIABUJA Male Student Allegedlly Wanking While Peeping Into Female Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.