Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,872 members, 7,859,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? (17583 Views)

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? / You Can Measure Your Blood Pressure At Home: Learn How / World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by phemmyfour: 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
neutralmind:
Regularly checking your own blood pressure offers an important glimpse into your health and gives you the chance to keep your heart and brain in good shape.

Yet most of us who would especially benefit from this habit do not monitor our numbers at home.
Never
Don't even know the symptoms of high BP.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:34pm On Jun 13, 2023
Relaxation is good and cheering up.

yemmit90:
What most of us don't know is that, people with peace of mind and zero worries hardly have HBP.

Besides, Nigeria Doctors are too quick to place their patients on BP medication without finding out what actually cause it. Alot of factors can elevate your BP, most BP are temporal but once you ignorantly start taking BP drugs, you may unable to come out of it. Also, there are many people whose BP reading are well above traditional 120/80 but don't have HBP especially hereditary ones. Age can also affect our BP, a BP reading of 140/100 is not too high for anyone above 60 years.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Olivertwist1985: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2023
Yesterday, Monday 13/06/2023
128/65
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Kingdemu: 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2023
Just now

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2023
Aforxzy:
Checked mine yesterday.

A friend went to the hospital for checkup and the doctor told him his BP is really on the high that he could suffer a stroke if its gets higher. He was admitted and on medications now.

We need to constantly check our BP. It saves life
I tell you my sister, that is one disease that shows little to no symptoms, but it kills slowly.

All these news of people going to bed and not waking up may be a result of high BP.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Abbeytoy(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Last week Friday.

127/77
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by iammo(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Finestgurlie:
😍😍😍

A particular dunce from the land of rising losers is checking if I have been banned or active

This people are just like that... Allah cursed them with bitterness
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kingdemu:
Just now
you see, bro, this is just a little abnormal.

I advise you to keep on checking it daily. If it remains the same or increases, I advise you to go see a doctor.

Or you can buy Amlodipine tablet 10mg and be taking daily.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Gatsby(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Try Beet Juice or Beet Root Powder to reduce Blood pressure.

It is a very effective natural remedy πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ«€
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by LaSenior: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
This evening and it is 130/90
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Kingdemu: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
you see, bro, this is just a little abnormal.

I advise you to keep on checking it daily. If it remains the same or increases, I advise you to go see a doctor.

Or you can buy Amlodipine tablet 10mg and be taking daily.
I'm already on Amlodipine and Lisinopril though I don't take them daily, like thrice a week. Was diagnosed with HBP 4yrs ago and I made serious life changes to be able to get it down to these numbers. I'm always having issues with diastolic as it hovers around 90 cry
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kingdemu:
I'm already on Amlodipine and Lisinopril though I don't take them daily, like thrice a week. Was diagnosed with HBP 4yrs ago and I made serious life changes to be able to get it down to these numbers. I'm always having issues with diastolic as it hovers around 90 cry
okay. Great importance is usually placed on diastolic.

I believe if you were taking the drugs daily, it should have normalized.

Wishing you the best.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Lovelydaisies: 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
About three weeks ago or so and it was normal. I decided to use the opportunity of our school nurse. cheesy
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by odigbosky(m): 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kingdemu:

Amlodipine alone didn't work for me....
Been running away from BP drugs but Dem catch me and gave me a medication that seems to be working.

I was having 160/90 plus before
After one week of taking the drugs
It came to 143/77
Week three it came to 127/78

So I will be taking it for a week
As the doctor prescribed
Then I have also made life changes
Tried to exercise more
And reduce every salt I take
Exercises also

I hope when I get it down
I will be able to slowly stop taking the medication
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by zichien: 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
When your kitchen pipe gets clogged and your plumber comes to see it.. if he comes and tells you well you put a big thigh bone down and that is what caused it.. but does not relieve the blockage.. next time will you call him again?
In as much as we work on prevention when someone has high BP first things are weight loss, and dietary management. How many people can confidently loose 10% of their body weight? How many people can confidently cut out salt from their diet entirely ( which means no maggi, no added salt, no eating at mama put or buying gala). The answer is zero. So why we wait for you to fix your lifestyle, to prevent further damage we start blood pressure medications. have you noticed how the rate of kidney disease, young people dying of stroke is increasing? It is because many have lived decades with uncontrolled high blood pressure which is wrecking havoc on their internal plumbing for many many years till boom..their kidneys are shot. So do you self a favor and either loose weight, start to avoid alcohol, start to exercise and eat well or if you know you love the good things of life then start a medication for your blood pressure.
yemmit90:
What most of us don't know is that, people with peace of mind and zero worries hardly have HBP.

Besides, Nigeria Doctors are too quick to place their patients on BP medication without finding out what actually cause it. Alot of factors can elevate your BP, most BP are temporal but once you ignorantly start taking BP drugs, you may unable to come out of it. Also, there are many people whose BP reading are well above traditional 120/80 but don't have HBP especially hereditary ones. Age can also affect our BP, a BP reading of 140/100 is not too high for anyone above 60 years.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
Jennyclay:
I have never checked my blood pressure since I was born. My Life is Good and great.

Nothing gives me high BP.

Awwwwn kiss FTC. I dedicate this to all wealthy and rich men that don’t run away from a restaurant because of ordinary 12k food a lady ordered. May your pocket never run dry.

Broke men can go and receive their prayers from the Last to comment (LTC). Shame!!
if you have a fever,go and check your blood pressure you will see that it is high.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by zichien: 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
Its a fallacy that high blood pressure has symptoms. Most people think " oh i have headache" "oh i have malaria". High blood pressure has no symptoms. By the time you start to have symptoms from your high blood pressure its usually hypertensive emergency or urgency. Yes our forefathers didnt have a lot of this, but they died early, lived in the suburbs, walked everywhere, drank palm wine, ate mostly healthy food,did not use maggi to cook, slept very well, did not wake up at 4am to get to work, spend 4 hours in traffic, or jump bus to get to work, get stuck in traffic for 4 hours, return home to noisy generator sounds, and polluted air...which all contribute to the modern stressors of life. So if you want to be as healthy as your forefathers, then live like them. We cant eat our cake and have it. Either we agree that we have been westernized, and have adopted bad eating, and lifestyle and be ready to use western medications to treat ourselves. When your pi
phemmyfour:
Never
Don't even know the symptoms of high BP.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by zichien: 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
This is fine
IketownNigeria:
How about this ? Checked because I was always feeling dizzy
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by aprokopaperbag: 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
It's really good we check our blood pressure and other vital areas as regard our health but it's something we often overlook until we are feeling ill.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by zichien: 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
Well he may be right. If he lives in Lagos and drives over a bridge multiple times aday... or drives long distance.. lol. And depending on his age. If he is 80yrs with a high BP and still alive... then who knows he may have a higher chance of falling down in the shower and dying from that.
ppogba:

Totally untrue sir.
I am only being careful not to say it is a FALLACY.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by airsaylongcome: 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
graceilina:
God forbid. What can I do? Although the day I checked it I was very ill
Amen. I'm not a doc so I'm not sure I'm the best person to give advice. I'd say check it again. A bit more frequently and keep track of it. If it's still low, see a doc
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by oscarlamba: 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2023
This afternoon 160/100 with serious headache
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by phemmyfour: 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
zichien:
Its a fallacy that high blood pressure has symptoms. Most people think " oh i have headache" "oh i have malaria". High blood pressure has no symptoms. By the time you start to have symptoms from your high blood pressure its usually hypertensive emergency or urgency. Yes our forefathers didnt have a lot of this, but they died early, lived in the suburbs, walked everywhere, drank palm wine, ate mostly healthy food,did not use maggi to cook, slept very well, did not wake up at 4am to get to work, spend 4 hours in traffic, or jump bus to get to work, get stuck in traffic for 4 hours, return home to noisy generator sounds, and polluted air...which all contribute to the modern stressors of life. So if you want to be as healthy as your forefathers, then live like them. We cant eat our cake and have it. Either we agree that we have been westernized, and have adopted bad eating, and lifestyle and be ready to use western medications to treat ourselves. When your pi
There is no sickness without symptoms. Most times people ignore or didn't see them as symptoms
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Oxfordgrade: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2023
Jennyclay:
I have never checked my blood pressure since I was born. My Life is Good and great.

Nothing gives me high BP.

Awwwwn kiss FTC. I dedicate this to all wealthy and rich men that don’t run away from a restaurant because of ordinary 12k food a lady ordered. May your pocket never run dry.

Broke men can go and receive their prayers from the Last to comment (LTC). Shame!!
if this pix I just viewed is u, ur current man have poor taste in women
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by ISellBeer: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2023
157/98
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by chima47(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
That was about 3 years ago. I was even forced to do so, because people around me felt l was under serious pressure and when l checked l was good. Infact my blood pressure is always normal, because no matter what happens l don't go into panic.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by eepeepook: 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2023
ppogba:

Totally untrue sir.
I am only being careful not to say it is a FALLACY.
As na you dey my body, na.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kobicove:

Do those watches give accurate figures?
I'll say 100% accurate cos I have tested the result. There was a time my daughter was running temperature so we were looking for her thermometer. That one they put under the arm. We couldn't find it so I put my watch on her wrist and pressed it on her wrist. It read her temperature. I wasn't sure cos it was the first time I would use it on someone else that is not me so we still looked for the thermometer anyway. When we found it, it read the exact same temperature the watch gave us. That's how I know it's 100% accurate. But you never can tell. If you're going to use it for health related monitor, it's advisable you go for medically recommended instruments.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by Skiborobo(f): 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
ppogba:

I take God beg you, find time quickly, latest this weekend to check it.
I'll sir 🀦
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by folake4u(f): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
The comments on this thread is CRAZYYYYYYY!

How can one be over 30 years and still bragging that you haven't checked blood pressure your whole life? Little wonder people slump and die anyhow and we blame "imaginary" enemies and village people.

Please let's do better. It is important.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? by cletz991(m): 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Please what is the name of the drug? In the same shoes amlodipine doesn't work for me
odigbosky:

Amlodipine alone didn't work for me....
Been running away from BP drugs but Dem catch me and gave me a medication that seems to be working.

I was having 160/90 plus before
After one week of taking the drugs
It came to 143/77
Week three it came to 127/78

So I will be taking it for a week
As the doctor prescribed
Then I have also made life changes
Tried to exercise more
And reduce every salt I take
Exercises also

I hope when I get it down
I will be able to slowly stop taking the medication

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies, Pls Recomend A Good Sanitaty Pad / Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? / The Issue Of Female Circumcision: Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.