Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu (10186 Views)

Speakership: Tinubu Settles For Abbas, Kalu As Speaker, Deputy - Premium Times / Speaker, Gbajabiamila & Deputy Speaker, Wase Visit President Buhari / Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by nairalandkachy1: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
The immediate past Deputy Speaker, Wase polled 3 votes losing to Abbas' 353 votes.

I wish to extend my sincere congratulations to Rt. Hon. Tajudeen Abbas and Rt. Hon. Benjamin Okezie Kalu on their election as Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively of the 10th House of Representatives.

Although we were on different sides of the political space, we have, nevertheless always acknowledged that we were all partners in the project of deepening our parliamentary democracy.

I believe my contest in this Speakership election was much more about making a case for what I considered a lack of equity and fairness in the manner in which my Party’s zoning was done much more than it was about winning. As a politician who has been engaging in elections since 2007 and has returned to the House for the 5th term, I verily understand that every contest must generate its necessary contentions. However, in the end, we have to come together to confront the bigger matters of stability of the Parliament and enriching Legislative Governance to deepen our collective democracy.

In this light, I wish to once again congratulate the Rt. Hon. Speaker, Tajudeen Abbas and Deputy Speaker Benjamin Kalu on their victory and urge my supporters and well-wishers, as well as my fellow contestants to give them all the cooperation required to achieve a stable and united 10th House of Representatives. I intend to fervently and actively participate in all Legislative Business of the 10th Assembly and will continue to proudly represent not only the good people of Wase Federal Constituency but Nigerians at large.

I thank my mentor and Leader, the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, GCFR for his continuous fatherly support and counsel which he has sustained from my early days in ACN till date. I am immensely indebted to you sir and will continue to be.
I thank my constituents who have consistently demonstrated their unalloyed faith in and support for me by continuously returning me to the Green Chambers now for the 5th term to represent them. I will continue to represent you well.

I thank my Campaign Team and supporters for their ceaseless efforts throughout the campaign. I am very much indebted to you.

I thank all my Honorable Colleagues for their support and counsel. I thank those who voted for me. I thank those who did not vote for me. I thank those who voted my opponent even when their heart was with me. I am eternally grateful to you all and must say that I have been further enriched by the experience. I assure all my colleagues that I will continue to, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, show ‘Charity towards all and Malice towards none’.

Thank you and May God bless the House of Representatives and May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0RJxijwVdeJwNXfDQEc4poDUJP32PVrjx1LeKD8rFB1kxBVCiorPMvJ2MGfkhD3jUl&id=100044158313389&mibextid=Nif5oz

5 Likes

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Frank688915: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Politics is not do or die affair, you loose today doesn't mean you can win tomorrow, you just have to be smart in the game not ngozi ngozi politics, but our bloda from that region don't want to hear this cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Nugesboi: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Dear Nairalanders,

I live in Abuja and would like to do Uber/Bolt to enable me feed my family. Unfortunately I can’t afford a car at the moment. Although I have saved up some money but its not enough to get a car. It would be a great joy to me and my family if there’s anybody on this platform with a spare car that i can use and remitt weekly or interested in HIRE PURCHASE and i will also put down more than 20% upfront of the value of the car plus guarantors. The balance would be remitted on a weekly bases until I finish paying.

I can be reach on 09155 345 571

Thank you and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Ayodeoba: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Tinubu is a master strategist! We pray for his success in ruling the country

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by lordswill03: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Congrats
Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by ryloy: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Mature Politician unlike people looking for manhood

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
cool
3 to 353 wetin e wan accespt again if not defeat.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by timiade446(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
Just three votes 😂 dem carry am goal goal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by yemmight(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
This one that cannot manage his two wives disgracing him on national TV. We he be able to manage the house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by spencekat(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
pinkyruledworld:
cool
Exactly wetin I be wan talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by monakii: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
It's okay
Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by ecolime(m): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
yemmight:
This one that cannot manage his two wives disgracing him on national TV. We he be able to manage the house.
That hin 1st wife na fire. Only God knows the kain war wey dey happen for hin house.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by fasho01(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
He had no choice
Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Judolisco(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
Dat kano man still dey waka free after he ordered d killings of people who voted against him and even monitored it

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by 9jaRealist: 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ayodeoba:
Tinubu is a master strategist! We pray for his success in ruling the country

Exactly! You need to be a “master strategist” to be a successful drug baron…. wink
>

1 Like

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Ayodeoba: 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
9jaRealist:

Exactly! You need to be a “master strategist” to be a successful drug baron…. wink
>
lol you can continue wailing! I have got important things to do with my time than replying iPob troll

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by 9jaRealist: 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ayodeoba:
lol you can continue wailing! I have got important things to do with my time than replying iPob troll

I’m sure you do…
After all, Tinubu’s ass won’t kiss itself! grin
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by DeLaRue: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
Mr Wase, so you have been with Mr Tinubu since his ACN days, and yet you couldn't respect his wish that all APC members should support his candidate.

Everyone pleaded with you, yet you refused.

That's not nice.

12 Likes

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by LibertyRep: 2:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
He did not thank Gbaja, his immediate past boss?

Man is still bitter, rightly so.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by duro4chang(m): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
pinkyruledworld:
cool
He might also decide to look for his stolen manhood.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Omenlon: 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
9jaRealist:

>
for how long will you continue with this?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Ayodeoba: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
9jaRealist:

I’m sure you do…
After all, Tinubu’s ass won’t kiss itself! grin
>
you don’t deserve my time! Go rut in the big

1 Like

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by 9jaRealist: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
Omenlon:
for how long will you continue with this?

For as long as the “master strategist” BS continues… cheesy
>
Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by 9jaRealist: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ayodeoba:
you don’t deserve my time! Go rut in the big

I have no intention of taking your time away from Tinubu’s ass… grin
>
Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Kazeem47(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
pinkyruledworld:
cool
He can still look for his manhood.its not too late. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by HRMK: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
a deputy speaker that was so stupid to allow himself to be disgraced at an election!HE HAD JUST THREE VOTES!I DONT THINK HE HAD ANY OTHER OPTION THAN TO ACCEPT DEFEAT!A MAN THAT SHOULD HAVE HONORABLY WITHDRAWN FROM THE CONTEST!WHAT A VERY BIG SHAME!!

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Yessedas: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
Are you struggling to land your dream job or get into your desired graduate school?
Allow Services to help you stand out from the crowd.

Our team of experts will work with you to highlight your unique strengths and qualifications, ensuring that your application materials are tailored to the specific requirements of the job or program you're applying for.

Don't let a subpar application hold you back any longer. Contact Services today and let us help you achieve your goals!

Our services include:

Professional CV Revamping

Statement of Purpose

Motivational Letter

Cover Letter services.

Appreciation letter

Tribute for burial

PDF editing

Re: Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu by Babastrong(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
[quote author=DeLaRue post=123792206]Mr Wase, so you have been with Mr Tinubu since his ACN days, and yet you couldn't respect his wish that all APC members should support his candidate.

Everyone pleaded with you, yet you refused.

That's not nice.[politics!*he*might*act*on*Tinubu*melancholic*game.]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Rules On Suit Challenging Akpabio’s Eligibility Today / Presidency Summons Matawalle Over Insecurity In Zamfara / Osinbajo Launches $750m COVID-19 Recovery Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.