Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? (11233 Views)

Tomorrow Is Independence, Wish I Had Lot Of Reasons To Celebrate / America Celebrates Her Independence Today. / Is Independence Worth The Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by kasiem(m): 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2011
arsenefc:

You sir should go back to school. I heard, from the grape-vine, that DAME is an awesome teacher. Be nice to her so she can teach you well.
why u wan make dis guy commit suicide?
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2011
Nigerians have so far come to accept appalling mediocrity with a sense of resignation and comfort. This is why when a dolt of ignoble history will become the most relevant personality in a nation of 150 million Nigerians. we truly deserve our myriad problems and i hope they last as long as our pedestrian sense of reasoning angry
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by kasiem(m): 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Nigerians have so far come to accept appalling mediocrity with a sense of resignation and comfort. This is why when a dolt of ignoble history will become the most relevant personality in a nation of 150 million Nigerians. we truly deserve our myriad problems and i hope they last as long as our pedestrian sense of reasoning angry
another nematode trying rear his head.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2011
Mrs Odechukwu Retardeen at it again
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2011
kasiem:

another nematode trying rear his head.

grin  grin  grin  grin next time get a dictionary before you try to use words you cannot put in the right context. also try not to insult when you run out of words to express your idiocy perfectly. it is not a must to be intelligent-sounding. try comedy
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2011
kasiem:

A PERSON WHO'S NOT PROUD OF HIS LANGUAGE IS NOT PROUD OF HIS CREATOR. Man, if u are oblivious of my antecedents and capabilities here on nairaland, u can do better by seeking the advice of the people of politicss section, they'll help u out with my history. No need of stressing urself going through my previous posts. I dont get exhausted in a fight like this.
PS: dont ever insult my first lady again because of english.

Dude are you naturally this du-mb or you are just pretending to be mo-oro-nic?
So being proud of one's language means throwing atomic bombs at poor children all for the sake of being a fast lady and as such the children can't burst into laughter or shout out words like "tyawn, ibon " and the likes.

So if someone from the north, south, east or west speaks hausa, efik, ibo or boko language badly that means such a person is not proud of his creator.

Now i can see nairaland still breeds ma.d fellows.

You are so lame in your thinking which is also contradicting your post each passing moment.

By the way are you seeking for attention by trying to insult everyone? trust me you have gotten the wrong opponent in me 'cus i will make sure within a week you get to change your i.d. trust me on that.

the game has just began.

For every insult you throw at a poster henceforth expect to hear from me.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by dustydee: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2011
I'm sorry
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2011
this odebaby is always churning out classics. one day her lingua scatter will become a best seller. i must see to that.

in btw pls ignore dumb asses, boot lickers, like kasiem, werediot, beaf and co. Just enjoy yourself and flow with the rhythm. Odebaby you too much grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by BetaThings: 2:54am On Oct 03, 2011
English is a foreign language. No doubt
It is our official language. Any Nigerian leader and people connected must recognise that fact
If we want to adopt a Nigerian language as our official language, we should do so
Before then, any parent who spends money to learn English well should not tolerate a government official setting a bad example
Afterall if a child says "Mummy, look I don't think I need to learn all these confusing grammar rules to become anything", what will the mom say?

English is the ONLY SUBJECT that is compulsory in the JAMB exam. Is there no reason for this?
Without it how will Nigerians communicate with one another
Enough of excuses made for individuals
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by engrj(m): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2011
If she happens to be Ur mum. What will u do?
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Konjour(m): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Wondering if the President is so poor he can't afford a personal linguist/speech groom for his wife. Had always thought

there was 1 pre-attached to the Office of the Presidency. Hitler,Stalin,Ronald Reagan,Mussolini,Fidel Castro,Obama all had/have one and those

fellas were/are powerful orators who could convince a full-grown man that he was born a goat,yet they still had not just 1 linguist,but groups of.

Talk more or less,the representative of all the women in Africa's most populous nation. grin grin grin

Its not a crime if she's not an orator though,no orator was born one. But it'd do her husband's image a stupendous amount of good. cool
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by hbrednic: 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2011
it are no problem with english  tongue tongue
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by werepeLeri: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
Konjour:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Wondering if the President is so poor he can't afford a personal linguist/speech groom for his wife. Had always thought

there was 1 pre-attached to the Office of the Presidency. Hitler,Stalin,Ronald Reagan,Mussolini,Fidel Castro,Obama all had/have one and those

fellas were/are powerful orators who could convince a full-grown man that he was born a goat,yet they still had not just 1 linguist,but groups of.

Talk more or less,the representative of all the women in Africa's most populous nation. grin grin grin

Its not a crime if she's not an orator though,no orator was born one. But it'd do her husband's image a stupendous amount of good. cool

and you will be the first to shout of her husband running a government with over bloated staff.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2011
engr j:

If she happens to be your mum. What will u do?

My mum that was wise enough to Launder money of over N150million in 2003 will be wise enough to go use a meager chunk of that money to go to school to learn some good English.

She will probably pay Harvard, Cambridge or Oxford authorities to send private tutors in from the university every weekend.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2011
Make una free the woman joor. How una own English take beta pass her own? Olofofo people.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by ideylaff: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2011
hey u penurious berk of an inane mother. If English was basic for the attainment of apogee of education success, asians will in no way near the acme of technological advancement. First of all, u must have to build your self confidence and imbue in urself the congruent tenacity of u can make without copying others, before u can think of competiting with any part of the world. The sine qua non for national development is patriotism and self tenacity, which can only come through cherishing our heritage, not jettisoning and villification of our god given and sui generis cultures and heritage. Mpama of the highest echelon, get a life.

@ kasiem Haba wetin happen, I suspect you are Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon, with all these "sine qua" and "apogee" , lingo all over the place LOL

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/9897/14/hon-patrick-obahiagbon-big-grammar-parliamentarian.html

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1BhdHJpY2stT2JhaGlhZ2Jvbi5qcGd8NjAw[/img]
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Beaf: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2011
Una still de here?
Some people are laughing at those with better skills who are deciding their lives and their childrens tomorrows. Luckily, we are in good hands.

If you can't get a man, chase after his family, its the hallmark of losers. Somebody scream, yippee!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by werepeLeri: 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
talknafree:

My mum that was wise enough to Launder money of over N150million in 2003 will be wise enough to go use a meager chunk of that money to go to school to learn some good English.

She will probably pay Harvard, Cambridge or Oxford authorities to send private tutors in from the university every weekend.

From your username - talk is free true true, and cheap as well.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Beaf: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
redsun smokes a lot of weed and chats a lot of shiit. embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by ezeagu(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2011
Can somebody give the correction? What was she supposed to say?
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Konjour(m): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2011
werepeLeri:

and you will be the first to shout of her husband running a government with over bloated staff.

My posts on here are absolutely none of your business,man. I've not commented on any of yours so far,so i don't seem to understand your

insinuation 'bout me shouting 'bout her husband's gov't. Moreover,My opinions are mine,not yours. I hope you'll respect that. Thank you.cool
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by ideylaff: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Natasha2(f): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
dustydee:

saw this on facebook, not sure if it's true though[b]
"All Efforts to make this Country Ungovernable for my Husband Mr President will Prove Abortion” Dame Patience Goodluck"[/b]
lmao I love Dame Patience Jonathan grin grin grin grin
THE SENATORS WERE ONCE A CHILDREN
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by slap1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
Um. . . I think she personified independence. If that is the case, she is correct!
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by moderatorr: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
that woman built the man who beat buhari. That woman is the most powerful woman in nigeria! Most of those who criticise her english here are those who say 'western education is sin!'
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by cicero(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2011
No matter the bombs she remains our First Lady, or should I rightly say the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the closest ya'll can get to her is to diss her anonymously.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by Bibol(f): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
Pathetic!
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by johncasey1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
Dame Jonathan SMH 4 U ordinary inglish u cannot spark
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by manny4life(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2011
ezeagu:

Exactly my thoughts; I have been expecting someone to correct the statement, rather we have two people who resort to insulting themselves. What a shame!

Personally, I don't think that the English was bad as many people often thought; however, there's a lot of work ahead at least for a president's wife. Well I hope people can move past themselves and think for something more positive.
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by aljharem3: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2011
ezeagu:

Ok here is the correction although my English is not perfect

excited as I would expect her to be : Children children, How old is Nigeria today ?

or

: Children, How old is Nigeria's independence today ?
Re: Patience Jonathan: Children, Children, How Old Is Independence Today? by slap1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2011
alj_harem:

Ok here is the correction although my English is not perfect

excited as I would expect her to be : Children children, How old is Nigeria today ?

or

: Children, How is Nigeria independence today ?
You tried. Let me continue from where you stopped. . . ''How OLD is NIGERIA'S independence. . .''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) / Ras Kimono: Governor Okowa Reacts To Death Of Reggae Icon / Ebonyi Assembly Lacks Powers To Give Anambra Ultimatum –commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.