Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,447 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos (4503 Views)

Ahmad Gumi: Cleric Of Blood, Face Of Hate By Femi Fani-kayode / We Will Be Attacked Through Land, Air And Sea - Peter Obi / Tinubu: A Man Who Thrives In Hate By Olawale Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by ImperialYoruba: 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
OP, this is why we want to kick them out of Yorubaland. Anywhere they go they antagonize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
Randomgist:

I'm begging to think that to robe Igbo into any issue is a subject being studied in PR course, because it's becoming a popular marketing strategy. However it can backfire o.

Or is it that some people are being paid to write anything to paint Igbo black by any means.
I can't understand why a customer will have issue with a service provider and someone will sit down and blame the customer's tribe just because the customer reacted, forgetting that the service provider also has a tribe . The tribe of the service provider is not blamed for the service providers wrong action but the tribe of the customer is blamed for the customer's reaction.
Are Igbos super humans?

paint Igbo black....
they are already black....!!

wetin you wan paint black....??
you wan paint black black....??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hatrick01:
Yorubas funny aswear.
Trying so hard to create rift between SS & SE.
Lol, una go soon realize say IGBOS no send ANYBODY.

dont add us south southerners to you in anything....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by Hatrick01: 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
tsdarkside:

dont add us south southerners to you in anything....
why is ur comment smelling ewedu ewedu
Are u an agbadorian?

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by ThinkAkwaIbom: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
julaion:
How can you compare akwa ibom of less than 3million people To Igbo's of 90million people,Una too dey joke here

Nobody is making comparison. Point is, mobilizing your tribe to pull down a brand owned by a neighboring state is witchcraftcy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hatrick01:
why is ur comment smelling ewedu ewedu
Are u an agbadorian?

dont add us south southerners to you in anything....!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
ThinkAkwaIbom:

Nobody is making comparison. Point is, mobilizing your tribe to pull down a brand owned by a neighboring state is witchcraftcy.

let them continue....
we south southerners are watchin them....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by BitterTruth0001: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
ThinkAkwaIbom:

Call it dumbness, but no one has the monopoly of stupidity. Influencers coming together to call for a boycott is not a coincidence.

You don't call a tribal war and expect us to keep quiet.

Post some links where Igbo influencers are campaigning for boycott of ibom air
Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by RealityBender(f): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
Mrfeel:

Can you give more information on the bold above ? Plus why are you even mentioning an ethnic group of close to 40 something million people concerning this issue
To Yoruba Mozulem 🐖s, if you’re not them or Fulani then you must be Igbo 🙄

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by ThinkAkwaIbom: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

Post some links where Igbo influencers are campaigning for boycott of ibom air

https://fb.watch/lb8U6uQARM/
Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by RealityBender(f): 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
OP, this is why we want to kick them out of Yorubaland. Anywhere they go they antagonize.

Smdh… Yoruba Mozulem 🐖s. Always confusing dangerous stupidity for sophistication🙄

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by RealityBender(f): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
ThinkAkwaIbom:

Só one idiot ranting is what you called ‘Igbo influencers are campaigning’?? Yoruba Mozulem 🐖 famzing Akwa Ibom. We know una well🙄

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by Hatrick01: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
tsdarkside:

Olaniyi Olanamgbuke, stop denying ur tribe.

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hatrick01:
Olaniyi Olanamgbuke, stop denying ur tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
RealityBender:

Só one idiot ranting is what you called ‘Igbo influencers are campaigning’?? Yoruba Mozulem 🐖 famzing Akwa Ibom. We know una well🙄

dey their....next level will be shoutin at you igbos on the streets....
shebi una like to be stubborn....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by RealityBender(f): 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2023
tsdarkside:

dey their....next level will be shoutin at you igbos on the streets....
shebi una like to be stubborn....
See Yoruba Mozulem 🐖 claiming ‘south southerner’. Fun fact, nobody from the South South will ever say he is a south southerner. They go by their individual tribes. Stop slamming away brain cells on concrete in that masalashi🙄

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
RealityBender:

See Yoruba Mozulem 🐖 claiming ‘south southerner’. Fun fact, nobody from the South South will ever say he is a south southerner. They go by their individual tribes. Stop slamming away brain cells on concrete in that masalashi🙄

claimin wetin....??

stay your lane....!!
i dont even care sef what you have to say....

and we will ignore una....simple....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by ThinkAkwaIbom: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
RealityBender:

Did you see this one also?

https://fb.watch/lb9YLtBAiu/

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by RealityBender(f): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
tsdarkside:

claimin wetin....??

stay your lane....!!
i dont even care sef what you have to say....

and we will ignore una....simple....
Alfa Mumurudeen Tiamiyu.. Be proud of the Yoruba Mozulem 🐖 you are. Simple!!

2 Likes

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
RealityBender:

Alfa Mumurudeen Tiamiyu.. Be proud of the Yoruba Mozulem 🐖 you are. Simple!!

shattap your stvpid south east mouth their....!!

who una be....??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by RealityBender(f): 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
tsdarkside:

shattap your stvpid south east mouth their....!!

who una be....??
Alfa Mumurudeen Tiamiyu, nor be fight na!
Just accept say you be Yoruba Mozulem 🐖
Nor be by to dey slam away brain cells on top concrete o 🙄

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 9:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
RealityBender:

Alfa Mumurudeen Tiamiyu, nor be fight na!
Just accept say you be Yoruba Mozulem 🐖
Nor be by to dey slam away brain cells on top concrete o 🙄

and you should go jump into lagoon....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by tsdarkside(m): 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
una always think all south southern tribes dey play with una....
their are many like me that will not tolerate any of una nonesense....

una dont like ibom air,then dont use it....we no care about una....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by YouAreFinished: 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
Not a word of lie in my post up there
Islam is a violent religion,your prophet Mohammed encourages violence and rape,prove me wrong
Okoro never get high on your supply. The entire existence of your stupid tribe depends on it...at least be thinking of that your wretched mother.

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by gidgiddy: 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
ThinkAkwaIbom:
I've watched with utmost disbelief how one Okwuluora has mobilized unspeakable hate against Ibom Air, West Africa's only and most successful subnational Airline Brand.

According to him, there was a technical issue and their flight could not leave Enugu for Lagos. It is enough to rant, but mobilizing hate and calling for the end of the airline is wickedness and tribal witchcraftcy.

When people said the Igbos approached the 2023 elections with bigotry and bitterness, I defended them because I have a few of them as friends. What I have seen since last night by Igbo influencers is bigotry and bitterness.

There is no airline, Global and Local company that has not had cause to delay flights because of Technical glitches. From Emirates to Air France.

It is sad that the Igbos have subtly decided to attempt to demarket Ibom Air owned by a neighboring Akwa Ibom in a bid to promote an airline owned by one of them.

Today, Igbos are the second highest employees of Ibom Air, after Akwa Ibom indigenes. Ibom Air is owned by a State where over one hundred thousand Igbos are living peaceably and doing business without any form of attacks. The Igbos have businesses in Akwa Ibom and never has any conspire to demarket them. Tell me one single time Akwa Ibom people have shown hated against the Igbos?

For the records, Ibom Air is on the only Nigerian Airline listed in the top 10 airlines in Africa by the globally recognized Business Insider. Ibom Air was Leadership Company of the year and in only four years of commercial operations, Ibom Air is rated as one of the most successful airlines in the country.

Ibom Air has, as part of its assets, 10 A220 aircraft valued at one Hundred Billion Naira, and home Company to West Africa's only MRO facility. This is not a kind of investment you instigate hatred against.

I call on proud sons and daughters of Akwa Ibom to rise and defend our own brand.

Akwa Abasi Akwa Ibom Aya diong Ibom Air. Yak Ekikere mmé idiok Owo ade ntak ntak. Amên

#IbomAir4thAnniversary
#IbomAirToTheWorld
#WeStandWithIbomAir

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02XmLJPw76LmujuXFa7Hrm4qc6uHcymJZK3XiiYcKqbcrE5CUk5WoyEKDrPx1jMdm4l&id=100052094343948&mibextid=Nif5oz

The above character is funny and mischievous rolled into one. There he is ranting about Okwulora and Ibom Air but not bothering to tell people what actually happened. He completely left out the injustice Ibom Air meted out to Okwulora. For those who may not know, Okwulora is a popular human rights activist and fund raiser for good courses in Igbo land. He has helped many people, and used his platform to raise millions of Naira to help the needy and poor. He is not someone you will treat with disdain and his fellow Igbos will take it laying low, this guy has saved lives

According to Okwulora, he bought a ticket for an Ibom Air flight going from Enugu to Lagos for a crucial meeting the next day. However, when he got into the aircraft, he discovered that the air conditioning was not working. When he complained, he was rudely told that he could get off the flight if he was not happy. He decided to shut up and fly anyway. He said that the plane was taxing down the run way when the pilot suddenly stopped, turned round and returned to the original position and everyone was asked to disembark, which they did. The pilot then came out and said that those who complained about the air conditioning, including Okwulora, would not be let back into the flight

As if that was not bad enough, the pilot called airport security to deal with Okwulora for daring to complain about the air conditioning. To make matters worse, Okwulora then pleaded with the airline to give him his two luggages that contained vital documents, his international passport and even his house keys, only for the airline to rebuff him and fly away with his belongings.

So Okwulora has missed a very important meeting, his vital documents are gone, his international passport gone and has no way of getting into his house because his keys gone too

A frustrated Okwlora goes on his platform, which is mainly Igbo based, to narrate what happened to him and this has made his fellow Igbos angry at Ibom Air

This has nothing to do with the good people of Akwa Ibom, this is about the injustice an airline meted out to a young Igbo man whom Igbos dont joke with

Shocking! You can bet that we Igbos will boycott Ibom Air from now on

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by Edizzy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
MXrep:

So why this thread now? Where is Nigerian air? It's a shame akwa Ibom lack industrialists. Everything is government

Nothing is wrong with government owning businesses the most important thing is management and success of Ibom Air has proven that. You people are fond of bringing others down just to climb it's a crab mentality, you're not happy with Ibom Air because no states in South East can boast of such achievement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
gidgiddy:
My Ebow people are very f00lish. The worst people in Nigeria.

Great point!
Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by Couldntfigurean: 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
YouAreFinished:

Okoro never get high on your supply. The entire existence of your stupid tribe depends on it...at least be thinking of that your wretched mother.
No problemo
but atleast I know that Allah is just a moon god,ever wonder why you guys look at the moon before fasting and why the moon is the symbol of Islam

Muhammed was violent and encouraged his followers to kill non believers

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by reality1010: 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2023
ThinkAkwaIbom:
I've watched with utmost disbelief how one Okwuluora has mobilized unspeakable hate against Ibom Air, West Africa's only and most successful subnational Airline Brand.

According to him, there was a technical issue and their flight could not leave Enugu for Lagos. It is enough to rant, but mobilizing hate and calling for the end of the airline is wickedness and tribal witchcraftcy.

When people said the Igbos approached the 2023 elections with bigotry and bitterness, I defended them because I have a few of them as friends. What I have seen since last night by Igbo influencers is bigotry and bitterness.

There is no airline, Global and Local company that has not had cause to delay flights because of Technical glitches. From Emirates to Air France.

It is sad that the Igbos have subtly decided to attempt to demarket Ibom Air owned by a neighboring Akwa Ibom in a bid to promote an airline owned by one of them.

Today, Igbos are the second highest employees of Ibom Air, after Akwa Ibom indigenes. Ibom Air is owned by a State where over one hundred thousand Igbos are living peaceably and doing business without any form of attacks. The Igbos have businesses in Akwa Ibom and never has any conspire to demarket them. Tell me one single time Akwa Ibom people have shown hated against the Igbos?

For the records, Ibom Air is on the only Nigerian Airline listed in the top 10 airlines in Africa by the globally recognized Business Insider. Ibom Air was Leadership Company of the year and in only four years of commercial operations, Ibom Air is rated as one of the most successful airlines in the country.

Ibom Air has, as part of its assets, 10 A220 aircraft valued at one Hundred Billion Naira, and home Company to West Africa's only MRO facility. This is not a kind of investment you instigate hatred against.

I call on proud sons and daughters of Akwa Ibom to rise and defend our own brand.

Akwa Abasi Akwa Ibom Aya diong Ibom Air. Yak Ekikere mmé idiok Owo ade ntak ntak. Amên

#IbomAir4thAnniversary
#IbomAirToTheWorld
#WeStandWithIbomAir

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02XmLJPw76LmujuXFa7Hrm4qc6uHcymJZK3XiiYcKqbcrE5CUk5WoyEKDrPx1jMdm4l&id=100052094343948&mibextid=Nif5oz

Imagine reasoning. Because you defended something you expect someone not to express his opinion on something that has to do with life and death?
You dont have good PR for Ibom Air, you are just demarketing the airline with your tribal slur.

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by obailala(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
ThinkAkwaIbom:

#IbomAir4thAnniversary
#IbomAirToTheWorld
#WeStandWithIbomAir

So because one guy who got disappointed by Ibom Air decided to call out the airline, your brain automatically interpreted that it was tribal? How did you even link his protest to tribe?

And then you proceed to call out all Igbos? From the look of things, its obvious that you're the tribalist.
Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by BitterTruth0001: 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
ThinkAkwaIbom:

I watched the video till the end

First of all, I asked for links (plural ) to back up your claim of where you said Igbo influencers (plural ) are starting a campaign. Your shared only one link

Secondly
Having watched the video from start to finish , I was waiting to see where narrator called upon Igbo people specifically to boycott the airline . I didn’t see any. He appealed to EVERYONE . He said injustice to one is injustice to ALL. He also said that if you think it doesn’t concern you, it might happen to you

Thirdly
At the end of the video , the narrator shared a similar experience he had with Ivory Coast airline. Ivory Coast airline is neither owned nor operated by Akwa Ibom . But he used it as a reference of bad customer service.

Fourthly
The narrator explained in detail what happened , he mentioned several key facts :
- the lack of air conditioning
-the pilot asking people to vacate their seats
-his friend specifically being thrown out of the plane without an alternative option
-his friend’s bag not being returned to him
-physical assault by security agents as his friend tried to record the incident on his camera phone
-smashing of his friends phone.

Now this is my conclusion :
Having watched the video and going back to read your original post , I hereby submit that you sir are an astonishingly daft, mischievous and opprobrious individual who deserved to be locked up with animals for a day.

You have deliberately ignored the fact that this is a customer service issue , an issue that might cause a similar reaction from you if it happened, and instead you decided to come to nairaland to make an ethno-centric and bigoted post .

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself as a human being, as a Nigerian and as an Akwa ibomite. If we’re talking about the good people of Akwa ibom, you’re not one of them . You’re a bad egg.

Rather than dispute or verify the claims made by the narrator in the video whether they actually happened or not, you came to start an ethnic aggression.

Seun you need to deal with the fellow . He deserves a one week ban .

1 Like

Re: Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos by ObaaOfYorubaLan: 12:14am On Jun 16, 2023
MXrep:

Why are you now crying. Be wise, don't let yorubas deceive you. If you mess with Igbos you will see the repercussions. Akwa Ibom are not know with this nonesense. Yorubas don't fly, they can't afford the tickets. Be wise

Where they want to fly go? Useless people that grow and die in their dirty region

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Dares The Federal Government / Day Babangida’s Security Was Breached -execution Of The Plot On April 22, 1990 / As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.