Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? (775 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2011
Relationships have laid down rules and regulations to make them work! Though it may not be in writing, but there are certain do's and dont's of a relationship that even a blind man can see!
Now when in a relationship, and you notice a tendency in your partner, to stray from the norm or expected, or laid down rules, do you express optimism or pessimism? That they will change? Optimists would always hope for the better, Pessimists would hope for the worst!
Pessimists couldnt care less if the relationship ends in bunkers or not! They have this canny belief, that another one is around the corner, and would be better than than the current! Optimists would rather work on the current, not knowing if another is around the corner, and how better the next would be, than the current! I like to think i'm balanced! (Or discombobulated) I hope for the best, but expect the worst! I try my best to make it work, but if it's obvious it aint making sense, i just bounce!. . . . At least i tried! undecided. . . . . Now which are you? smiley
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by Rhymez(m): 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2011
Seriously sexkillz u need to make ur post a little bit concise. I dont actually get it. undecided But all I can say is relationship is based on trust and not being pessimistic or optimistic.
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2011
grin grin grin grin cheesy Op you know why
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by freecocoa(f): 11:59am On Oct 02, 2011
Op I've told you before to go easy on the grammar,I wonder what's your deal with the discobu~whatever of a word.
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by BodyKiss(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2011
I see your definition for pessimist as a realist.
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by iice(f): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2011
Been told i'm a pessimist. I think i'm a realist.
I expect people to disappoint me or that the path i predict. 98% of the time, that proves right. But the other 2% makes me smile. Gives me some joy that atleast there are some different people out there.
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 04, 2011
Neither
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by MrsChima1(f): 6:36am On Oct 04, 2011
iice:

Been told i'm a pessimist.  I think i'm a realist. 
I expect people to disappoint me or that the path i predict. 98% of the time, that proves right.  But the other 2% makes me smile.  Gives me some joy that atleast there are some different people out there.

Its interesting you mentioned that because many people will tell someone who doesn't believe in fairy tales and sugary fables that they are pessimist.  A realist look at things from 3D perspective and accept the truth for what it is in my opinion.  I found expectations often leads to disappointment and you are right 98% of the people are drones to believe Santa Clause is real. 

Variety in today's society is rare due to high level of conformity.
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by slimyem: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2011
i'm neither.m a realist.i dont see relationships as what it might or can be but as what it really is.
Its much better to handle stuff that way if it turns sour.
Re: The Optimist Or Pessimist: Which Are You? by iice(f): 10:20am On Oct 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Its interesting you mentioned that because many people will tell someone who doesn't believe in fairy tales and sugary fables that they are pessimist.  A realist look at things from 3D perspective and accept the truth for what it is in my opinion.  I found expectations often leads to disappointment and you are right 98% of the people are drones to believe Santa Clause is real. 

Variety in today's society is rare due to high level of conformity. 

True. . .
Though, not to say fairy tales don't come through. However it's better to live in reality unless you're not totally living in this world and those ones tend to be locked up somewhere lipsrsealed.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Dancers Run From Me? / Are Nigerian Guys Generous? / People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.