Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

How Safe It Is To Send Laptop To Nigeria Via United States Percel Service? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Safe It Is To Send Laptop To Nigeria Via United States Percel Service? (1506 Views)

FG Says Asaba Airport Not Safe / Nigerian Entering Nigeria Via Her Frontier Without Passport / How Safe Is Port-harcourt Now For Someone Living Abroad Travelling Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe It Is To Send Laptop To Nigeria Via United States Percel Service? by zub(m): 7:07am On Oct 02, 2011
a friend of mine wants to send me a laptop through the united states percel service to nigeria. I want to know how safe it is to claim it in the nigeria postal agency and the procedures involved in it. Pls advice me, he wud have used one of the private courier services like dhl or ups,but its very expensive and he doesnt have enough money to do that. Pls advice me on it or if there is any alternative he can take. Thanks
Re: How Safe It Is To Send Laptop To Nigeria Via United States Percel Service? by foxychio(f): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2011
United State Parcel Service is a nice one with assurance of delivery but what it matters now is the time of delivery but if you can help him with some money so that he can send through dhl so that it can arrive so easily
Re: How Safe It Is To Send Laptop To Nigeria Via United States Percel Service? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2011
whichever medium u use i will surely arrive Nigeria, but you have to note that it wont be delivered at ur house, you have to go pick it up at ur nearest post office. and you will be charged 10 percent tax on the value of ur package, i picked up a laptop last year march and april this year and i paid 19000 and 12000 respectively and it was thru DHL, thats the new law, SO prepare yourself well o
Re: How Safe It Is To Send Laptop To Nigeria Via United States Percel Service? by DisGuy: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2011
or tell him to send it through a Nigerian courier service, those that send goods to Nigeria regularly, you pick it from their office; some even do door to door, they pick it from your house and deliver it to the person's address

the Nigerian post will charge you otherwise to collect your goods

(1) (Reply)

I Need Cheap Arik Ticket, Lagos-j'burg(sa) / .. / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.