Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti (42556 Views)

Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures / Chike Udensi: Umuahia Not A State Capital But Glorified Village / In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Iko5000: 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
Wait so a shopping centre is used to show development . We Igbos need more than this BS .
post=123876587:

Ignorant mind this is Umuahia

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Amah70: 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
There is no constitutional provisions that a state capital must be provided infrastructures more than any other places in the same state. In fact, neglecting other places in a state but provide more infrastructures in the the state capital, is contravention to the constitution of Nigeria.

Aba suffered drastically due to inept governors contravening the constitution regarding governance in a state. Imo state has been reduced to one city - Owerri only- because of same contravention of the constitution of Nigeria regarding provision of development infrastructures in a state.

1 Like

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Pityoobi: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
bhella10:
Umuahia reminds me of Auchi in Edo state
Auchi is even better… make dem show us Awka wey their savior ruled for 8 years. Meanwhile Umuahia used to be a very old state capital ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Oblongata: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ebubu2:
what’s spectacular about these pictures please?
He posted pictures of private businesses and shanty streets that has been poorly tarred and developed. That guy na babu sense.

5 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by jerrylad(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
post=123876387:

Umuahia is second city in Abia state but I can tell you is better than some state capital in your region

I beg to disagree.... Umuahia remains in town ... I spent 2 good years there.....it's still in shadows of the major city ABA..... From Gate to ubakala, bank road to world bank.... Even agbama..... Where is the city sight in all that?

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by kettykin: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
Tektronics12:
My Village in Kano More beautiful than Umahia.

I have traveled all of kano , what's your village

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Edusouls(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
Abia state is glorified poultry were they breed human animals, with poorest I.Q in the nation, poverty stricken illiterate hustler’s domain, were deranged terrorist MNK was bred, in the name of freedom fighting he has set Igbo tribe 30 years back….ndi ojooo

5 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Pityoobi: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
Philistine:

Should I show you the pictures of Oshogbo, Ogbomosho, Ibadan,Abeokuta etc that is littered with mud houses and corrugated roofs. You guys have no shame. Humans are discussing; Yoruba sef dey shook mouth. Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by UnimkeAk(m): 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
kettykin:
Otti is comparing Umuahia with real cities in Asia, as per Nigerian standard Umuahia is fine but as per igbo standard Umuahia is a glorified village
So which capital city in southern Nigeria is Umuahia better than?

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by facealone05(m): 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
For your dream abi is better for you to wake up from ur sleep asap
Nairalandnigga:
No state or city in Nigeria is better than Abia State. Forget about all these thrash they said about Umuahia.
No state in the whole yorubaland is better than Abia State. Lagos state is a shit hole compared to Abia State.
Nigeria is jealous of Abia State because Abia State will be the capital of Biafra just as Abuja is the capital of Nigeria.
Argue with your keyboard

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Angelfrost(m): 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
The Governor said the truth and he has won my support.

The 5 South East states should be converted and reduced to 2 stares.

There no single state in SE that us developed.

Igbos should go home and develop their states.

Go to umuahia bad roads, red mud houses

No night, no portable water, they still drink water from River.

Oh Lord who did ndigbo offend.

Apart from Lagos and Abuja, name the states in Nigeria that can be described as well developed?!! I will wait!

Before you fail this simple test, go find out what it means for a state to be "well developed"!

Even Lagos and Abuja still reek of mediocrity when compared to major cities of lesser nations in Africa!

1 Like

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by atobs4real(m): 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
post=123876387:

Umuahia is second city in Abia state but I can tell you is better than some state capital in your region
Like where with the same Income tax and other evaluation.
Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by oonyeoma50: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Pityoobi:
Home of the village dwellers… they developed Lagos state and left their town in total ruin! Dem forbid to develop their own state? Na so dem get mouth online only, dey put mouth for Lagos government affair through GRV.
I know you must acknowledge your Messiah" Peter Obi. You can't stay a day without mentioning his name 💯

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Alliswell248: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nairalandnigga:
No state or city in Nigeria is better than Abia State. Forget about all these thrash they said about Umuahia.
No state in the whole yorubaland is better than Abia State. Lagos state is a shit hole compared to Abia State.
Nigeria is jealous of Abia State because Abia State will be the capital of Biafra just as Abuja is the capital of Nigeria.
Argue with your keyboard

Ok..I would need to check the meaning of better again.
..where are your brothers and sisters not staying here.?
Everyweek thousands of them migrate to SW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Cassandraloius: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please sir, that city needs an upgrade, Umuahia is a peaceful metropolis city, that's the way I see it.
Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Picardor2: 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
Pityoobi:
Home of the village dwellers… they developed Lagos state and left their town in total ruin! Dem forbid to develop their own state? Na so dem get mouth online only, dey put mouth for Lagos government affair through GRV.

My dear though ur a big fool, I no blame u.

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by emperor4love(m): 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
Edusouls:
Abia state is glorified poultry were they breed human animals, with poorest I.Q in the nation, poverty stricken illiterate hustler’s domain, were deranged terrorist MNK was bred, in the name of freedom fighting he has set Igbo tribe 30 years back….ndi ojooo
a state with most rich and average citizen living a standard life more than other state

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Konjiboii: 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
Mahul:
Its too early

As long as it's Otti under labour party, e sure me die say Abians are in safe hands. I envy them much.

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Amah70: 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Gov Otti. Don't make Aba suffer more.
Tallahasse is the capital of the US state of Florida. Bigger and more beautiful cities like Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa etc exist in Florida. The governor of the state of Florida can never lavish the funds of the state on Tallahasse.
Don't join the hype in Imo state; the hype of "governors building Owerri to Dubai standard before attention is paid to other places in Imo State."

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by DOINGS2022: 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nairalandnigga:
Argue with your keyboard

This is Ogbor Hill Aba. The building with white pinnacle is Aba Nigeria Temple of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I was there few years ago and I love the serenity of the environment.
Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by ghiloman28(m): 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
I hope you can make it to looks like ikorodu after 8yrs
Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by jrusky(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ok na. One thing I love so much is someone that speak the truth without attaching emotion to it.

Why should I be so engulfed and too worry about what is happening in Lagos whereas my own hometown is a glorify village or a slum? Why can't I devote the energy I'm dissipating on Lagos matter on my own town or state?

1 Like

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by awesomeDave: 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2023
obembet:
We know this for long time grin
Are you a nincom....poop?
Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by PHIPEX(m): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ingocof:

No doubt about that, all south eastern states have been poorly governed since 1999 but unfortunately their eyes are in Lagos state.
An sure you said this to feel good. Name one city in the entire SW that is better than SE cities and pls don't mention Lagos.

Name one state in the entire SW that is better governed that states of SE?

The competition here is not with Nigerian cities but global standard

3 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Smartguyboy(m): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nairalandnigga:
Argue with your keyboard
I’m ashamed if someone with senses will say this kind of rubbish that why God keep punishing them with bad leaders because of people like you .
I’m from ohafia if you have traveled out of useless Abia State you will know Abia is the worst place any human can live . Nothing to write home about and you are posting pictures of ShopRite that ja empty inside

4 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Typing: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
True talk. That's how the entire South yEast looks.

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by Lobolintin(m): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
All of unah East west South and North
Unah no normal
Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by oonyeoma50: 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
Smartguyboy:

I’m ashamed if someone with senses will say this kind of rubbish that why God keep punishing them with bad leaders because of people like you .
I’m from ohafia if you have traveled out of useless Abia State you will know Abia is the worst place any human can live . Nothing to write home about and you are posting pictures of ShopRite that ja empty inside
dey play........ Tinubu media claiming abian.......we know your type ✌️

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by emperor4love(m): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
DOINGS2022:

This is Ogbor Hill Aba. The building with white pinnacle is Aba Nigeria Temple of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I was there few years ago and I love the serenity of the environment.
you de mind de werey, na just bad road kill aba,if na tall structure,aba get building pass onitsha, not to talk of abiriba or arochukwu, make e com compare
Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by oonyeoma50: 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
PHIPEX:
An sure you said this to feel good. Name one city in the entire SW that is better than SE cities and pls don't mention Lagos.

Name one state in the entire SW that is better governed that states of SE?

The competition here is not with Nigerian cities but global standard
you dey mind them........those people are Tinubu media crew💯

2 Likes

Re: Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti by iyke2frankeze: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
post=123876387:

Oga Umuahia is the capital of Abia state. If you to change it, you need to make constitutional changes. Aba is just a commercial city like Onitsha in Anambra and Nsukka in Enugu state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Marilyn Ogar, Was ‘Sacked’ - Premium Times / Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) / Akeredolu Starts The Distribution Of Food Items In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.