Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) (10961 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Tunde Bakare Tells Worshippers They Will Die If They Don’t Give God Money! / Which Is More Precious In The Sight Of God? Money Or Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2011
Heyy my brother, Dnt u know God Can Kill u instantly if u spend his tithe?? ??
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by SisiKill1: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2011
[b]

MATTHEW 25
35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

36 Naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39 ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;

43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’

44“Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’

45“Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

46“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
[/b]
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by SisiKill1: 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2011
great1:

WTF
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2011
@op please help ur friend in his trying times. God will surely reward you in his own way.

I have come to realise that all this tithe paying noise makers only do it for what they believe they will realise. It is not done as an act of true worship to God.

I am almost certain that if the Levites who the tithes were meant for lived the way the men of God of this generation lived, God would have had a change of mind.

Helping a brother in need is an act of love and sacrifice which superceedes ALL other commandments.
takia
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by MissEZ(f): 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2011
One of the ways you can Tithe is to help someone in need. God says that we should look after our brothers and sisters in christ. I think that God would be happy if you gave that money to the family in need. My mum does this all the time. Sometimes she gives all, sometimes she give a part of it and then give the remaining in church.

I think that this is a good move and something more christians should do
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by ayandee: 11:06pm On Oct 02, 2011
Help your brother. That's the only way to show that you love him. @God2man, those questions u raised aren't important. God is merciful and doesn't think the way we think. I've seen those who paid tithes and lost their jobs. Churches have very fat accounts with unutilised funds. They are beginning to lay up treasures here on earth while paying little or no attention to needy members. @poster help ur brother!
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
Religion is a B I T C H. Its only religion that can make a sane man indirectly kill another sane man.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by SisiKill1: 11:09pm On Oct 02, 2011

James 2
15. If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, “[size=14pt]Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
[/size]

18 But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

19You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?

22 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;

23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God.

24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

26For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by SisiKill1: 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2011
diluminati:

Religion is a B I T C H. Its only religion that can make a sane man indirectly kill another sane man.
You said it Sista!!!
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2011

then you should have been dead a long time ago. when did u become born again? when did you start paying tithes? are u saying since the day u started earning money u have paid all your tithes?

You need to leave that your church fast and cure yourself from a brainwashed system
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Image123(m): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2011
frosbel:

Rubbish !!!

Where is tithing commanded in the bible undecided
debosky:

I knew the 'religious' folk would soon come in - saying he shouldn't help his friend and instead give it to a church where you don't even know if it will help someone with such pressing needs. undecided
Frontpage and generating a lot of noise, maybe'll come back later. But i had to respond at least to these who should know better. Fortunately, the OP's not asking whether it's right to tithe or not. He says tithe is God's money.
The issue is that OP says 10% of his money can cater for his friend's need and help with school fees. He has this 90% that's not enough for his transport and himself. How the whole crowd's missing that is alarming. i'll repeat, the OP is a selfish hypocrite just like those sending him sympathy votes.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by SisiKill1: 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2011
whatelsedo:

then you should have been dead a long time ago. when did u become born again? when did you start paying tithes? are u saying since the day u started earning money u have paid all your tithes?

You need to leave that your church fast and cure yourself from a brainwashed system
If only people would read their bibles and do their own research instead of listening to these self-serving pastors, we won't have many of the issues we have today.  undecided

1 John 3

17But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?

18Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.

19We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him

20 In whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God;

22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.

23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by delpee(f): 11:21pm On Oct 02, 2011
@poster

Do unto others as you would want them to do to you.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by arsenefc: 11:21pm On Oct 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Most of these "Give the tithe to the church" posters on NL are hungry pastors.

I seriously feel sorry for misguided Nigerian Christians. Quit reading your Bible upside down plz.

I had to think a moment here to decide if . . . . did you just post sth with common sense?

God is really a good God.

Well I am not surprised. If only you knew me.     .      .  

I dont care what you all think though. cheesy Anyway, hows law school?
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by holluwizzy: 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
Hmmmmmmm
well i will advice you give the tithe to the less previledge that is if truely the brother in question is in financial problem.

and looking at the kind of church you are going to , does the church need money?

and after giving the money to the Brother. ask your self this question ,   your next tithe , will you also give it to your brothere?
and Rubb God?
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2011
"This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles." Psalm 34:6

He told u his problems and since u are capable of helping him, DO IT! God won't come down and help him, he will use someone as a means

Next time u will pay ur tithe

Enigma:

^^^ God does not even ask anyone for tithes!
tsharp:

God does not need tithes

Malachi 3:10 - Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

No one is perfect so I can't comply to all the rules and regulations, I have read other parts in the bible that really makes sense in terms of giving. I can't judge pastors using the church funds to buy private jets cos God said we should not judge one another but with my common sense, if I have a huge amount in possession, I will rather channel the 10% to charity organisations and those poor needy on the street

I will prefer to give 100 people 1$ each than to give 1 person $100 - BarackObama Quotes
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Probity100: 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Poster, Helping that brother does not stop you from paying your tithe. According to Malachi 3:10, it is commanded. Then out of the remainder, as you are led by the spirit, do something for him.

Different people will always have different opinion about this matter. But if you are a true child of GOD with spirit of discernment, it will be clear to you on what to do.

You can as well raise his issue among men's fellowship in your church or inform few brothers like you. I strongly believe they will do something.

And for those willing to know the end of tithes paid, politically or "out of common sense" you can ask but is not always adviseable. But  if you pay your tithe/ofvow out of sincerity of your heart( without any question of end result but with scriptural belief), you  will be rewarded. I give you a real life instance. Before I relocated, there is this brother in my church(usher) who is also among people collating offerings/tithes. This brother used to steal tithes/offerings that he got married, bought a car behold, when trouble starts, his car engine got knocked, wife having miscarriages that people were even raising prayer points on his behalf. Revelation came that he has to confess his sins and repent. Meanwhile out all the monies stolen, there is one 100k paid by someone who prayed for fruit of the womb, promotion and prosperity. The man that paid his vow/tithe is enjoying wealth with his two children in a beautiful house. while the usher is languishing in agony. He is still in the problem up till now. I pray that the LORD have mercy for him. Nothing is hidden in the sight of GOD!

So, my brother, pay your tithe, and help him as you are led in the spirit. And see what the LORD will do in your life!
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2011
faakay:

Malachi 3:10 - Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

you dont look like a newbie here. you should know we have done justice to this a long time ago. anyway wait till frosbel descend on you ah ah
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2011
If only people would read their bibles and do their own research instead of listening to these self-serving pastors, we won't have many of the issues we have today

abi oh!!! if only we seek to defend Christ and his principles the way we vigorously defend our men of God, Christainity would not have become what it is today. The day i came across James 1:27 i was deeply moved by those words and stopped being stupidly religious.
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their afflictions and to keep himself unspotted from the world"

In my own world i changed "fatherless and widow" to anyone i am in the position to render help to especially those i know cant pay me back
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2011
Probity100:

@Poster, Helping that brother does not stop you from paying your tithe. According to Malachi 3:10, it is commanded. Then out of the remainder, as you are led by the spirit, do something for him.

Different people will always have different opinion about this matter. But if you are a true child of GOD with spirit of discernment, it will be clear to you on what to do.

You can as well raise his issue among men's fellowship in your church or inform few brothers like you. I strongly believe they will do something.

And for those willing to know the end of tithes paid, politically or "out of common sense" you can ask but is not always adviseable. But  if you pay your tithe/ofvow out of sincerity of your heart( without any question of end result but with scriptural belief), you  will be rewarded. I give you a real life instance. Before I relocated, there is this brother in my church(usher) who is also among people collating offerings/tithes. This brother used to steal tithes/offerings that he got married, bought a car behold, when trouble starts, his car engine got knocked, wife having miscarriages that people were even raising prayer points on his behalf. Revelation came that he has to confess his sins and repent. Meanwhile out all the monies stolen, there is one 100k paid by someone who prayed for fruit of the womb, promotion and prosperity. The man that paid his vow/tithe is enjoying wealth with his two children in a beautiful house. while the usher is languishing in agony. He is still in the problem up till now. I pray that the LORD have mercy for him. Nothing is hidden in the sight of GOD!

So, my brother, pay your tithe, and help him as you are led in the spirit. And see what the LORD will do in your life!

Abeg he doesn't need to inform any brothers among the men's fellowship in the church because he wants to help a brother in need. the issue might get complicated!

the usher that stole tithes/offerings is totally different from this bro scenerio.

As at now, he can't afford to pay the tithe if he helps the bro, u can't do two things at the same time. He has to choose one. Because he didn't pay tithe for this month doesn't mean the LORD won't do BIG THINGS and great stuff in his Life
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by SisiKill1: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2011
Probity100:

Ah! Brother, are you sure the men fellowship will be enough? Why not kukuma hire a town crier to polongo the news from here to Timbuktu. . .so that everybody can know how important we are, people come to us for help. Yep, we gotta hold conferences and seminars about it.

I don't understand why this is such a big deal, why do people make God and his words so grievous? The whole essence of the God you claim you are serving  is LOVE and LOVE means caring, sharing, protecting and comforting.

Question - How do you reconcile the god you people are describing, this the cantankerous ogre who strikes people dead for not paying their tithes to the God who so LOVED the world he GAVE His ONLY begotten SON to die for us?
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Probity100: 12:23am On Oct 03, 2011
faakay:

Abeg he doesn't need to inform any brothers among the men's fellowship in the church because he wants to help a brother in need. the issue might get complicated!
the usher that stole tithes/offerings is totally different from this bro scenerio.

As at now, he can't afford to pay the tithe if he helps the bro, u can't do two things at the same time. He has to choose one. Because he didn't pay tithe for this month doesn't mean the LORD won't do BIG THINGS and great stuff in his Life

Let be sincere to ourselves, it will be obvious in the church that this brother is out of job if really he has not be doing anything since then (2009- till date). So, what is complicated about it. Except this brother in problem is very secretive and maybe,

Even at that, No matter what, there still few people who can do something together on his behalf without  making noise of it. I have done so many of such and I thank God for HIS blessings!.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Probity100: 12:34am On Oct 03, 2011
@ Poster, do as the Holy Spirit leads you!
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Breeze5000: 12:56am On Oct 03, 2011
@OP, I hope by now you have enough reason to give the money to the brother in need. Finally think about the parable of "THE GOOD SAMARITAN" and its exactly the same thing you are facing. "The others were too busy to help the dying man because they need to be in church and serve GOD, but a stranger actually helped the man. So help the brother in need please. The tithe in the Bible is totally different from what is going on in today's churches so read your bible and not what the pastors are saying but whats in the Bible that matters. Godbless.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by manny4life(m): 2:08am On Oct 03, 2011
Malachi 3:8-11

()“Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, In what way have we robbed You? In tithes and offerings.
(9) You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation.
(10) Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this, Says the LORD of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
(11) And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field, Says the LORD of hosts;”

Unfortunately, many Christians misunderstand the idea of tithing. They often think of it as giving a tenth from “their own” property to God. However, in reality it is God that has done the giving to us, and claims the return of only 10% of His own property. Tithing is not taking a tenth of our own money and giving it to God, but it is returning a tenth of what was already His to begin with! The scripture says,“But who am I, and who are my people, That we should be able to offer so willingly as this? For all things come from You, And of Your own we have given You” (1 Chron. 29:14). God is so generous to us. He gives us the 90% and retains only 10% of what is rightfully His.

Brother, PLEASE use that money to help your brother out.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 03, 2011
Its about 2am early this morning and i dont know what i am doing awake only to come on Nairaland. My brother, take heed. From the advice i've seen so makes me to believe that this people don't pay their tithes, WHAT BELONGS TO GOD SHOULD BE GIVEN TO GOD WITHOUT COMPROMISE, NEVER TRY TO HELP GOD BECAUSE HIS THOUGHTS ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS. THERE WAS A PART IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHERE THE ARK OF GOD WAS BEING CARRIED, THE ARK WANTED TO FALL DOWN AND ONE CERTAIN MAN SAW IT, HE WENT AHEAD OUT OF HIS GOODWILL TO PREVENT THE ARK FROM FALLING. AND BECAUSE HE TOUCHED IT, HE WAS STRUCK DEAD IMMEDIATELY. Why? BECAUSE HE WANTED TO HELP GOD, NOTE the ways of men are not the ways of God, GOD sees that mans needs, he wants to be glorifield and until that time is right before he does a miracle, When Jesus was in the boat and the wind was stormy, Did he not know that it was stormy, yet he was sleeping, It was until when peter went to wake him that he stood up and commanded the wind to be still. HAS GOD COMMANDED YOU TO GIVE YOUR TITHE TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR? WELL, DO NOT ROB GOD AND SHORTEN HIS HANDS IN YOUR LIFE, GOD IS A MIRACULOUS GOD. HE SEES IT ALL, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO ASSIT MEN, HE CAN SEND HIS ANGELS TO PROVIDE THAT MAN'S NEEDS, AFTERALL, ANGELS FED ELIJAH. And Angels assisted so many other people in the bible. BE STILL AND TRUST IN GOD BRO, YOU HAVE A GOOD MIND. DONT HELP GOD BECAUSE YOU CANT HELP YOUR CREATOR.SE HE WANTED TO HELP GOD, NOTE the ways of men are not the ways of God, GOD sees that mans needs, he wants to be glorifield and until that time is right before he does a miracle, When Jesus was in the boat and the wind was stormy, Did he not know that it was stormy, yet he was sleeping, It was until when peter went to wake him that he stood up and commanded the wind to be still. HAS GOD COMMANDED YOU TO GIVE YOUR TITHE TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR? WELL, DO NOT ROB GOD AND SHORTEN HIS HANDS IN YOUR LIFE, GOD IS A MIRACULOUS GOD. HE SEES IT ALL, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO ASSIT MEN, HE CAN SEND HIS ANGELS TO PROVIDE THAT MAN'S NEEDS, AFTERALL, ANGELS FED ELIJAH. And Angels assisted so many other people in the bible. BE STILL AND TRUST IN GOD BRO, YOU HAVE A GOOD MIND. DONT HELP GOD BECAUSE YOU CANT HELP YOUR CREATOR.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 03, 2011
Luke 10:29-36
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

Isaiah 10-17
10 Hear the word of the LORD,
you rulers of Sodom;
listen to the instruction of our God,
you people of Gomorrah!
11 “The multitude of your sacrifices—
what are they to me?” says the LORD.
“I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
I have no pleasure
in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
12 When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,
this trampling of my courts?
13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening.

Your hands are full of blood!

16 Wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds out of my sight;
stop doing wrong.
17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.[a]
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.

I rest my case.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by obua: 4:24am On Oct 03, 2011
Pls let God decide what to do with his"Gods" money. That tithe you pay will meet another persons need. Let God decide who that person is! Let God decide!
Pay your tithe, then meet your brothers need. Do not start a problem for yourself because you want to try to solve another man's problem.
If you ask this your brother if he was paying tithe diligently before he lost his job, he will certainly tell you that he was not paying tithe.
Pay your tithe, God will provide for your brother.
A word is enough for the wise.
Most of the people giving advise do not understand. You know the truth.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by ShyOne(f): 5:10am On Oct 03, 2011
@ Topic

helped the brother - pay the money directly to the school to cover the school fees for the children

then give the brother - money in his pocket to help in other ways that are needed.

That is what I would do.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by Image123(m): 5:36am On Oct 03, 2011
bennyraz:

Its about 2am early this morning and i dont know what i am doing awake only to come on Nairaland. My brother, take heed. From the advice i've seen so makes me to believe that this people don't pay their tithes, WHAT BELONGS TO GOD SHOULD BE GIVEN TO GOD WITHOUT COMPROMISE, NEVER TRY TO HELP GOD BECAUSE HIS THOUGHTS ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS. THERE WAS A PART IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHERE THE ARK OF GOD WAS BEING CARRIED, THE ARK WANTED TO FALL DOWN AND ONE CERTAIN MAN SAW IT, HE WENT AHEAD OUT OF HIS GOODWILL TO PREVENT THE ARK FROM FALLING. AND BECAUSE HE TOUCHED IT, HE WAS STRUCK DEAD IMMEDIATELY. Why? BECAUSE HE WANTED TO HELP GOD, NOTE the ways of men are not the ways of God, GOD sees that mans needs, he wants to be glorifield and until that time is right before he does a miracle, When Jesus was in the boat and the wind was stormy, Did he not know that it was stormy, yet he was sleeping, It was until when peter went to wake him that he stood up and commanded the wind to be still. HAS GOD COMMANDED YOU TO GIVE YOUR TITHE TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR? WELL, DO NOT ROB GOD AND SHORTEN HIS HANDS IN YOUR LIFE, GOD IS A MIRACULOUS GOD. HE SEES IT ALL, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO ASSIT MEN, HE CAN SEND HIS ANGELS TO PROVIDE THAT MAN'S NEEDS, AFTERALL, ANGELS FED ELIJAH. And Angels assisted so many other people in the bible. BE STILL AND TRUST IN GOD BRO, YOU HAVE A GOOD MIND. DONT HELP GOD BECAUSE YOU CANT HELP YOUR CREATOR.
Touche!
What happened/happens to the 90%?
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by ramalot(m): 5:51am On Oct 03, 2011
WOW!!

The real question here is would you rather buy a new shiny Armani suit and fund a private jet for Mr. pastor whose kids are comfortably chilling in some school here in the US or help someone thats in real need. Think about it.

REALITY CHECK: Your tithe does nothing but primarily further enrich Mr. pastor. Mr. pastor does not take your tithe and send it via western union to God.

Your case is like asking on Dec. 24th if you should give your starving 5 year old the last milk and cookies in the house, or leave it under the christmas tree for santa claus as is the tradition. Think about it. Its all fairy tales.
Re: Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) by OlokoNla1(m): 5:57am On Oct 03, 2011
, I will not be fooled or drawn into this very dense discussion thread.

It is apparently another ploy by some slowpoke to flog the over flogged tithe issue or as usual in typical nairaland fashion begin a sub thread of opportunity to insult God/pastors/religion in general

WTF!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? / Jehovahs Witnesses Alive In 1914 Will Witness The End Of The World» Watchtower / Who Is Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.