Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,045 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) (72453 Views)

2023 Presidential Candidates, Political Party And State Of Origin / PDP Criticises APC's Take Over Of Their State Party Secretariat In Calabar / Kogi Deports ‘78 Northern Beggars’ To States Of Origin | Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by LivingSage: 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
I'm referring to Army Chief not Defense
xjiggy:
His name is Christopher. I guess he's like those people that have Muslim surname but are Christians eg Ruth Kadiri, Gen Theophilus Danjuma
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by LivingSage: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Army Chief
OriOko88:

You mean the chief of defense staff or the chief of army staff??
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by LivingSage: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
I'm referring to Army Chief not Defense
exstreve:

He doesn't have a Muslim name man, Musa is a Hausa word for Moses.
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by Fortruth: 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
seunmsg:
Government of national unity and competence. Everyone is represented irrespective of how they voted.

Everyone except you the people… allowing Britain to rule by proxy with their demented stooge in a Tinubu.

Niggers
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by bigcasava1(m): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

was he appointed for the purpose of protecting southern kaduna people?

did a person from southern kaduna needed to have been appointed before the people in that part of kaduna state get justice?
are you scared? Since the northern Kaduna the likes of elrufai compromised, there is need to correct it.
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by 9jaRealist: 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
LivingSage:
PBAT's appointment so far has been fair contrary to the naysayers.
seunmsg:
Government of national unity and competence. Everyone is represented irrespective of how they voted.
MightyHand:
Why are the children of hate crying bitterly about equity, even when they got the fair share of the appointment... Oh Jehovah heal these people, we pray thee🙏🙏
kingthreat:
Lets give it to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for not being a nepotist like Buhari.

President Tinubu has made some COMMENDABLE policy strides thus far…
But the primordial ethnic bias in his appointments thus far is CONDEMNABLE!

He clearly has adopted his predecessor’s “5% vs 95%” philosophy…
Albeit he (unlike Buhari) is just clever enough not to actually verbalize it.

Reality of “federal character” is that Ibos are the 3d largest ethnic group…
And yet the President has made 33 prominent appointments thus far, and only 2 are Ibo.

By contrast, of the 33 (22 yesterday, 7 Special Advisers, acting CBN Gov, SFG, COS, DCOS)…
14 has been from the President’s own ethnic group, which is at best only slightly larger than the Ibos.

Personally, I have routinely argued for merit over “federal character”…
But no one can RATIONALLY contend that there is a lack of meritorious Ibos.

Just as worrying is the continued lack of “national character” in Nigerian public life…
Accordingly, of the 33 appointees, only a mere 4 are WOMEN (51% of the Nigerian population). SMH

>
>
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by 9jaRealist: 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
spiralwedge:
It’s funny how ob!d!0ts are no more looking for their manh00d hehhehehehe, they now pick holes everywhere.

We have 250 tribe/etnic groups in Nigeria, but ob!d!0ts always think everything is about their tribe - one tribe o.

Exactly bro! Tinubu shows he understands there are 250 ethnic groups by giving 14 out of 33 appointments to one group…oh wait! tongue
>
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by 9jaRealist: 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:
why should it matter what states they come from?
lexy2014:
why should any of these things matter?

Not just because it is a CONSTITUTIONAL MANDATE…
And there are capable and deserving Nigerians in EVERY region.

But, more crucially, because DIVERSITY is important asset…
DIVERSE ancestry, backgrounds, worldviews, etc., is invaluable.

>
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by lexy2014: 1:54am On Jun 21, 2023
bigcasava1:
are you scared? Since the northern Kaduna the likes of elrufai compromised, there is need to correct it.

You didn't answer my questions.

was he appointed for the purpose of protecting southern kaduna people?

did a person from southern kaduna needed to have been appointed before the people in that part of kaduna state get justice?
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by deebrain(m): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2023
I'm not a Tinubu supporters but give it to him.

This is a balanced appointment. Like many appointments as. Well.

The issue however is the performance.
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by spiralwedge(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
9jaRealist:

Exactly bro! Tinubu shows he understands there are 250 ethnic groups by giving 14 out of 33 appointments to one group…oh wait! tongue
>

I’m enjoying your cry. Hehehe

And how you are lost and disenfranchised in your own country lol

It was Jibril of Sudan to Nigeria is a zoo to sit at home to obid!0t to lost manh00d and now to endless cry of self-victimisation. I no pity you at all.
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by 9jaRealist: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
spiralwedge:
I’m enjoying your cry. Hehehe

And how you are lost and disenfranchised in your own country lol

It was Jibril of Sudan to Nigeria is a zoo to sit at home to obid!0t to lost manh00d and now to endless cry of self-victimisation. I no pity you at all.

Sorry, but I don’t understand gibberish… grin grin
>
Re: Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) by lexy2014: 5:53am On Jun 22, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

what will th miyetti allah lobby group achieve by speaking into the ears of Ribadu ?

If any state in the Middle Belt for instance decides to implement strict Anti-open grazing laws or make laws that firmly protects the farmers in their states from the various types of economic sabotage that comes from herders deliberately using cattle to destroy crops--who do you think the Miyetti Terrorists will straight up call and confide in? The Southern Kaduna Christian Army Chief or more likely someone like Ribadu?
And who do you think Ribadu will side most with here? Will Ribadu advice Tinubu to overrule the constitutional hierarchies that established such state laws and cast a negative shade over them--or will he actually respect the rights of each state to make their own laws?

these farmers you are referring to, what part of the country are they from?

Call them affected Nigerian farmers if you please. The latest news here was about how Ondo State farmers were crying out to their governments about the out of control herdsmen ambush and killings.

But if you want to narrow it down to critical areas at the moment: Ondo, Benue, Plateau, S. Kaduna, Nassarawa.

how is that supposed to serve "as a useful check to other people's/region's biases"?

Every critical region has its own unique challenges and there is no firm rule that says Tinubu only needs just one NSA. Why not another NSA with equal status from the South South, South East and from the Middle Belt too? So that when one gives a biased advice, his other colleagues might also be there to act as a sanity check.

how is that supposed to serve "as a useful check to other people's/region's biases"?

As mentioned above--you do not want a diabolic "Rasputin" like scenario as was in the last Buhari dictatorship where you only have a narrow distorted echo-chamber effect where only one type of security information gets filtered to the table of the President. Buhari and his kinsmen were so far from reality with that type of approach and what a deep mess the whole country sank into. You want a plurality of NSAs who come from affected regions and who knows how it hurts.

is the military that is supposed to protect the farmers against this "murderous onslaught"?

TO be candid...and sadly, yes. The terrorists have amassed superior firepower (no thanks to the able support and encouragement of the Buhari Terrorist regime--to the point that even the police are now intimidated in some situations. In the US under Trump--there was a gradual militarization of the various police forces to tackle all types of riots and insurgencies. Nigeria has not invested in that type of police militarization yet. So in other words, only the military has enough firepower to counter the firepower of the terrorists. Either Tinubu allows ordinary citizens legally acquire the same type of firepower to defend themselves--or let the outfits with matching armo do it.

The whole multiple military-check-point situation has now become grossly ridiculous in some places in the Middle Belt and SE. The militarily is now as easily corrupted as the police--hence the reason why terrorists buy their allegiances and make them look away when they want to commit mass murder crimes.

Thanks but You really didn't need all these many words to answer the questions. All u needed was to have stated only what is relevant.

1. what will the miyetti allah lobby group achieve by speaking into the ears of Ribadu?

I dont see the answer in your response. all you did was ask questions. in addition, what are the myetti allah lobby group telling Ribadu?

2. these farmers you are referring to, what part of the country are they from?

i didnt ask you what they are called. the parts of the country they are from will suffice. you said "Ondo, Benue, Plateau, S. Kaduna, Nassarawa".

are the security issues in the mentioned states primarily due to herdsmen-farmer conflicts?

3. what do you mean by "noted and sizeable representation from affected regions"? I dont see your response to this question in all you typed

4. how is that supposed to serve "as a useful check to other people's/region's biases"?
what do you mean by "every critical region"? is there any region that is not critical?

how did you come by this conclusion that "there is no firm rule that says Tinubu only needs just one NSA"?

what exactly is the job of the NSA?

5. is the military that is supposed to protect the farmers against this "murderous onslaught"?

which law in the nigerian statutes makes the military responsible for internal security to the extent of being responsible for protecting farmers from the "murderous onslaught" you mentioned?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / Buhari To Announce Ministerial List Monday / Video Of Soldiers Killing Policemen In Taraba: Don’t Kill Me, Policeman Begged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.