Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities (10686 Views)

Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities / Terrorists Deposited Arms Ahead Of Attacks On Plateau Communities, Says Senator / 30 Yelwan Zangam Residents Die In Fresh Attacks In Jos, Several Houses Burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by mancoconut: 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
Gunmen kill 20, burn several houses in Plateau communities

As gunmen continue their onslaught against communities in Plateau State, at least fourteen people, mostly women, were burned to death, and another six were killed in different communities in Mangu and Riyom local government areas of the state in the early hours of Wednesday.

According to reports, the gunmen suspected to be Fulani militias infiltrated Bwai community around 12:34 am and set fire to a Church of Christ in the Nation (COCIN) and other properties, including motorcycles and vehicles, within the premises.

A source close to the community revealed that the clergyman and his family who lived within the church premises escaped unharmed, while the attackers went on a burning spree, targeting the market near the church.

The source further explained that the assailants moved to the neighbouring community called Chisu along the Mangu-Bokkos road. There, they unleashed terror on the residents, resulting in the death of 14 people who were burned to death.

The people of Chisu, who had received information about the attack on Bwai, sought refuge in the bush. However, some individuals, mostly women, took shelter in the house of the community leader.

“Unfortunately, those who sought shelter in the community leader’s house were trapped as the militias blocked both the entrance and exit before setting it on fire. They ensured that the people inside were burned to death,” the source said.

“When we arrived at the burned house of the community leader this morning, we discovered at least fourteen charred bodies beyond recognition. During the more than two-hour attack, the gunmen also burned down several houses and other properties.”

The source also mentioned that there was prior intelligence about the attack, which was relayed to the appropriate security

As gunmen continue their onslaught against communities in Plateau State, at least fourteen people, mostly women, were burned to death, and another six were killed in different communities in Mangu and Riyom local government areas of the state in the early hours of Wednesday.

According to reports, the gunmen suspected to be Fulani militias infiltrated Bwai community around 12:34 am and set fire to a Church of Christ in the Nation (COCIN) and other properties, including motorcycles and vehicles, within the premises.

A source close to the community revealed that the clergyman and his family who lived within the church premises escaped unharmed, while the attackers went on a burning spree, targeting the market near the church.

The source further explained that the assailants moved to the neighbouring community called Chisu along the Mangu-Bokkos road. There, they unleashed terror on the residents, resulting in the death of 14 people who were burned to death.

The people of Chisu, who had received information about the attack on Bwai, sought refuge in the bush. However, some individuals, mostly women, took shelter in the house of the community leader.

“Unfortunately, those who sought shelter in the community leader’s house were trapped as the militias blocked both the entrance and exit before setting it on fire. They ensured that the people inside were burned to death,” the source said.

“When we arrived at the burned house of the community leader this morning, we discovered at least fourteen charred bodies beyond recognition. During the more than two-hour attack, the gunmen also burned down several houses and other properties.”

The source also mentioned that there was prior intelligence about the attack, which was relayed to the appropriate security agencies.

“There was an intelligence report yesterday that the gunmen were gathering at Murish, and the report was passed on to the appropriate security agencies. The people of Chisu had laid an ambush for them along the suspected route, but the attackers suddenly changed their path. When they arrived, they started burning before resorting to shooting.”

In another incident, the gunmen attacked Sambak village in Rahoss, Riyom local government area of the state, resulting in the death of six people on Tuesday around 11:00 a.m.

Hon. Bala Fwenji, a member of the State House of Assembly representing Mangu constituency, confirmed the attacks on the two communities and the fourteen people burned to death. He expressed his disappointment with the federal government, stating that the people of the state have been abandoned.

“In the less than one month that we have had a new government in place in Plateau State, we have witnessed several attacks and many lives lost, not only in Mangu but in other communities. Governor Caleb Muftwang’s administration inherited this pathetic situation, and he has made efforts within his capacity to address it,” Hon. Bala Fwenji said.

“However, it seems like we have been abandoned and forgotten by the federal government. We appeal to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to come to our aid, and we hope the new Service chiefs will take immediate action in this regard.”

Efforts to reach the spokesperson of the Plateau State Police Command, DSP Alfred Alabo, proved unsuccessful.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/gunmen-kill-20-burn-several-houses-in-plateau-communities/

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Validated: 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
Pls do we have a president?

This one is worse than clueless ooo.

This one is confused and bewildered abrg.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by LagosFirstSon: 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
The killings continued because Tinubu promised to continue from where Buhari stopped

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Theomarvelus(m): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
really can’t describe how I feel presently, but if I have to tell you anything, I will tell you that right now, I feel like tiger inside of me, ready to chase away all the criminals in Nigeria. We count on you, our new IGP...

14 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by vastolord4(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
They've done moonwalk to plateau state.. just anyhow security.. I hope the newly elected will act swiftly
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Belteshazzar1: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
So painful i had to run to comment section without reading the long story....

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Phoen1X: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
I just wonder what advise nuhu ribadu would proffer against his brothers and comrades. ,..meanwhile,where is gowon,.a.k.a the jack ?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by crossfm: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
Which kind wahala be this now.

I thought these guys would have slowed down, because their darling daddy has stepped down,but am wrong.

Their insatiable test for blood continued.
These new service chief's must not let this atrocious act to continue.

With the subsidy removal and the floating of naira we really need our farmers back to the farm,if not we might tilt towards the Venezuela way.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by tishbite42: 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
For me, it's nothing
Tinubu is simply a Pro Max of Buhari
The Yorubas can continue their propaganda

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by November1857(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
Will this make front page ?🤔

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Ogene001: 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
Thank you ESN

17 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by sultanofpigs: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
NEVER...

But let this same news happen in the SE...and you will see, the MOD and cartel of SE affairs analwyze how the SE is unsafe, and push it to FRONT PAGE

November1857:
Will this make front page ?🤔

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by sultanofpigs: 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
God will Bless ESN and everybody around them.

Only If Amotekun could just stop harassing young boys listening to NAIRA MARLEY and focus on protecting the kingdom of fallen demons. Can they??.... NEVER!!! grin

Plateau and Benue Youths wake up!!!

Anyway... IPOB ...thank you!

Ogene001:
Thank you ESN

25 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Tranquillity360: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Yorubas don't care about Northern Christian lives.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by FreedomArmy: 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Balabu is in France and world leaders are on their knees begging to see but back home terrorist are running around killing defenseless citizen's.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by kettykin: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
Watch how the whole hypocritical nation will pretend as if this didn't happen, but when the fight is taken back to the marauders and there are dead fulani herdsmen, then the DSS, military and police will wake up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by 4Play(m): 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
The killing continued because Tinubu promised to continue from where Buhari stopped

This is a stupid take. Fulani killings have been going on long before Buhari and are actually widespread across West and Central Africa. It doesn't matter who you have as president.

What the president can do is significantly increase the size of the military and police, in addition to providing them with the equipmen, to combat this insecurity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by slawomir: 9:40am On Jun 22, 2023
Damnnn niggar

It will favour me and my family where una dey?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Rapuru14: 9:41am On Jun 22, 2023
Plateau, Rise up and defend yourselves!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2023
Dem don resume, aggrieved sponsorship don dey.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by mariovito(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2023
Our new military appointees, over to you.
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by TinubuDcrook: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2023
Sophisticated landlord no go see am

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 9:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Yoruba Ronu

What an unfortunate experience Nigerians are going through because of Lord Lugard

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Resumption , strength testing for the new government

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by foolbuster: 9:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Ghen!! gehn!!!
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Flets: 9:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Business as usual .... Nigerians have been numbed up, our humanity is totally lost. We will rather play tribal, ethnic and religious games while some of us get killed like goats.

My house help lost all her family members during the last raid by this gunmen in this same Plateau. Now, she has no where to return to.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by wink2015(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2023
THIS IS THE GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON "ONE NIGERIA"

His people are been killed by Fulani herdsmen in Plateau state but he keeps sermonizing "One Nigeria" in every function he attends and he is approached by pressmen for an interview.

I would like to suggest that natives of troubled states in Nigeria especially in the middlebelt region should be allowed to hold registered guns to protect themselves against attackers or foreign invaders..

States like: Benue state, Nasarawa, Plateau, Kaduna especially Southern Kaduna.

If the unknown or known gun men knows that I am equally fire-armed like themselves they will think twice before attacking me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by LagosFirstSon: 9:46am On Jun 22, 2023
kettykin:
Watch how the whole hypocritical nation will pretend as if this didn't happen, but when the fight is taken back to the marauders and there are dead fulani herdsmen, then the DSS, military and police will wake up
more reason Tinubu should do away with the DSS boss

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Heroicvic(m): 9:46am On Jun 22, 2023
IS IT JUST ME OR THIS NORTHERNERS ARE DAFT?
I WOULD HAVE RELOCATE IF I'M STAYING IN THE NORTH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jerry Gana Blasts Olu Falae, Begins Presidential Campaign Today / Yahaya Bello Releases ₦3.98 Billion For Road Projects In Kogi / Flyover: Extend Projects To Other Senatorial Districts, Sen. Kalu Urges Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.