Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities (15225 Views)

Okuama Killings: Soldiers Invade Igbomotoru, Bayelsa, Burn Houses, Kill 11 / Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities / Fulani Terrorists With Helicopter Attack Southern Kaduna. Kill 32, Burn Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by treesun: 11:24am On Jan 24
Gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday defied the 24-hour curfew imposed by the Plateau State government to attack Kwahaslalek and the surrounding communities, killing no fewer than 25 persons and burning some property too.

Although the information was yet to be ascertained from official sources, a resident, Hosea Ibrahim, said the skirmish that happened in Mangu town was a decoy to pave the way for the attack on the community, which is not far from the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC permanent orientation camp at Jakatai, Mangu local government area.

His words: “What happened at Sabon Gari and Mangu on Tuesday was just a distraction so that people’s attention will be shifted away from the villages.

“For the second time, my village Kwahaslalek (behind the NYSC camp) was attacked at about 12:30, leaving over 25 people, mostly women and children, killed as houses were burned and some persons left with gunshots

“At about midnight, there was a sporadic gunshot, and the women ran to one compound for safety; unfortunately, the terrorist went there and killed them while the men were keeping vigil outside the community. The victims were killed at a community leader’s house, where they ran for refuge.

“The Mariana, Kinat, and other communities in Mangu Halle District and those on the borders of Mangu and Barkin Ladi local government areas are deserted now.”

However, security personnel who preferred anonymity said, “Mangu town is calm, but we were called in the early hours of today about a development around the communities close to the NYSC camp; our people are there, but the deed has been done.

“The victims are mostly women and children; they ran to hide there because they thought the place was far and the attackers wouldn’t go there, but the attackers were conveyed in a vehicle and dropped there before they attacked.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/mangu-gunmen-defy-curfew-to-kill-over-20-burn-houses-in-communities/amp/

1 Share

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Tochi3(m): 11:26am On Jan 24
Thief'nubu must be sacked walahi..if not these killers will continue unabated mercilessly..

Who ever thought that a cocain sniffing fraudulent certificate forger slave will do better than his Master poo'hari is sick in the head & soul..

These killings & massacre will continue to reach a whole New level under the roasted electricity fraud because he has nothing..i mean he dare not go against those who put him there..

The terrorists know exactly what they are doing..if they had continued so mercilessly under poo'hari..people will say afterall their kinsman is in power..so they relaxed a bit waiting & helping their slave to Grab, snatch & runaway with power..

..so no one will say that it is because their fulani kinsman is in power...but now they will say an emilokan balablu slave has power & it has nothing to do with fulani domination, massacre & landgrabbing..

Thief'nubu must be impeached if Nigerians wants to experience security while still alive..

RIP to the dead

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Ogieh: 11:26am On Jan 24
The question is, Are these people spirits ?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Artscollection: 11:33am On Jan 24
Lagbaja n his co travellers are idiots!!
They should be sacked, i don't know why the president is silent on issue bordering security and i hope he is not on a revenge mission because they didn't vote him.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Charmingrascal(m): 12:02pm On Jan 24
What is happening in Plateau State is breaking my heart.

Did my NYSC in Jos and I can say that Plateau people are peace loving people with simple lifestyle.

God please do something, they can't fight this on their own, heaven please!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by ArewaQuitessenc: 12:06pm On Jan 24
Yoruba APC have finally destroyed Nigeria after taking over from the mess Buhari left, crisis and deaths everywhere in Nigeria, no where is safe anymore! I haven't felt more safer ever since I've been in Abidjan for the AFCON, these are countries far more stable and safer than Nigeria...we're truly a hot mess and it will only get worse when a rudderless dummy like Tinubu in power.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by santopelele(m): 12:08pm On Jan 24
What is wrong with all this herdsmen, they keeps killing people up and down, which joy do they enjoy killing innocent people?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by iwaeda: 12:19pm On Jan 24
treesun:

Gunmen in the early hours of Wednesday defied the 24-hour curfew imposed by the Plateau State government to attack Kwahaslalek and the surrounding communities, killing no fewer than 25 persons and burning some property too.

Although the information was yet to be ascertained from official sources, a resident, Hosea Ibrahim, said the skirmish that happened in Mangu town was a decoy to pave the way for the attack on the community, which is not far from the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC permanent orientation camp at Jakatai, Mangu local government area.

His words: “What happened at Sabon Gari and Mangu on Tuesday was just a distraction so that people’s attention will be shifted away from the villages.

“For the second time, my village Kwahaslalek (behind the NYSC camp) was attacked at about 12:30, leaving over 25 people, mostly women and children, killed as houses were burned and some persons left with gunshots.

“At about midnight, there was a sporadic gunshot, and the women ran to one compound for safety; unfortunately, the terrorist went there and killed them while the men were keeping vigil outside the community. The victims were killed at a community leader’s house, where they ran for refuge.

“The Mariana, Kinat, and other communities in Mangu Halle District and those on the borders of Mangu and Barkin Ladi local government areas are deserted now.”

However, security personnel who preferred anonymity said, “Mangu town is calm, but we were called in the early hours of today about a development around the communities close to the NYSC camp; our people are there, but the deed has been done.

“The victims are mostly women and children; they ran to hide there because they thought the place was far and the attackers wouldn’t go there, but the attackers were conveyed in a vehicle and dropped there before they attacked.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/mangu-gunmen-defy-curfew-to-kill-over-20-burn-houses-in-communities/amp/

I think it is plausible for everyone to defend themselves. cry cry cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by delpee(f): 12:33pm On Jan 24
Something sinister is going on in the middle belt. The attacks are so relentless.

23 Likes

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by treesun: 12:35pm On Jan 24
iwaeda:

I think it is plausible for everyone to defend themselves. cry cry cry cry cry
Bros middle belt will be over run, Nlfpmod!

4 Likes

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by AustineE1: 12:58pm On Jan 24
So this means that the Hausa-Fulani community in Mangu and the terrorist Fulani herdsmen are in accord. From the narration of the witness,the skirmishes in Mangu town happened as a decoy so as to continue there genocide against these indigenous christians...we the good people of South East are with you in this trying times and i can assure you that they may kill your people but never will the jihadist take over your land. The blood of saints,waters the trees of freedom. Never will these 'uncircumsized phillistine's defy the army of the living God'!!!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Seefinish: 1:21pm On Jan 24
Plateau my second state, I speak peace to you and death to your enemies

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24
This is sad

May God visit Plateau with his peace

This herders need to respect their hosts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Akiara: 1:27pm On Jan 24
THESE PEOPLE KILLED IGBOs during BIAFRA WAR. NOW THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ENCOURAGED AND RECUITED THEM TO KILL, INSULT AND MOCK IGBOS ARE KILLING THEM.

WHERE IS GOWON?
angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:27pm On Jan 24
JAMO84:
Nigerians are willfully killing their fellow Nigerians, let us just act like it's normal to blame everything on the government failure to secure the country.

Meanwhile, Asiwaju should know that the north will not indulge him like they indulged Buhari, very soon, they will say he's the one sending terrorists to kill them.

He needs to deal ruthlessly with these killers and kidnappers.70% of Nigerian Christians are praying for him to fail, so they can laugh at the Muslim Muslim ticket.
Where's the source of this your statistics

All these terrorists and nuances

10 Likes

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Balkan(m): 1:31pm On Jan 24
Tinubu What is going on?
APC what is going on.
This is unfortunate

4 Likes

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by LeeSmart: 1:31pm On Jan 24
Artscollection:
Lagbaja n his co travellers are idiots!!
They should be sacked, i don't know why the president is silent on issue bordering security and i hope he is not on a revenge mission because they didn't vote him.
He's not the one handling security the vice president is... Apc said it.

1 Like

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Tochi3(m): 1:32pm On Jan 24
JAMO84:
Nigerians are willfully killing their fellow Nigerians, let us just act like it's normal to blame everything on the government failure to secure the country.

Meanwhile, Asiwaju should know that the north will not indulge him like they indulged Buhari, very soon, they will say he's the one sending terrorists to kill them.

He needs to deal ruthlessly with these killers and kidnappers. 70% of Nigerian Christians are praying for him to fail, so they can laugh at the Muslim Muslim ticket.
..bro you see eh..I dont want to blame you at all..

I only blame those people that don't allow some creatures to sight the moon in their presence...

Continue thinking about your muslim muslim maladministration..while you blame the reactions of 70% Christians for the failures of Thief'nubu..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by TimeManager(m): 1:43pm On Jan 24
delpee:
Something sinister is going on in the middle belt. The attacks are so relentless.
These are clashes between indigenes and fulanis. They attack and kill each other, the indigenes kill fulanis in their communities but doesn't make media headlines because fulanis do not cry to the media, they pick up their people and bury them and when they revenge, it makes media uproar. To be honest, both parties are culpable. As i speak with you, Tivs and Junkuns are killing each other in Taraba but people are mistaking it as bandits or fulani attacks.

-kiss the truth!
Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by adesegun121(m): 1:47pm On Jan 24
Too bad
Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by princeade86(m): 1:47pm On Jan 24
Then where are d security forces

1 Like

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by princeade86(m): 1:48pm On Jan 24
EverythingPhone:
I track lost or stolen phones at affordable price
Contact me via siggy below
A trial will convince you
do u track Sim cards as well
Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by TANID(m): 1:48pm On Jan 24
Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by ogododo: 1:49pm On Jan 24
Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by bigdammyj: 1:51pm On Jan 24
Noted.
Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by AllahOfBlood: 1:52pm On Jan 24
wink

With the rate of killing in the north those who foolishly voted for APC in 2015 must die finish by now

By the way, where's sarki?

2 Likes

Re: Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities by Winning123: 1:53pm On Jan 24
Tochi3:
Thief'nubu must be sacked walahi..if not this killers will continue unabated mercilessly..

Who ever thought that a cocain sniffing fraudulent certificate forger slave will do better than his Master poo'hari is sick in the head & soul..

These killings & massacre will reach a whole New level under the roasted electricity fraud because he has nothing..i mean he dare not go against those who put him there..

The terrorists know exactly what they are doing..if they had continued so mercilessly under poo'hari..people will say afterall their kinsman is in power..so they relaxed a bit waiting for their slave to Grab power..

..so no one will say that it is because their fulani kinsman is in power...but now they will say an emilokan balablu has power & has nothing to do with fulani domination, massacre & landgrabbing..

Thief'nubu must be impeached if Nigerians wants to experience security while still alive..

RIP to the dead

Nuisance!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015: Be Patient, I Won’t Let You Down, Jonathan Tells Campaign Groups / Nigerian Govt. Orders Forensic Audit Of NNPC, 80 Other Agencies / Fashola Commissions NIPP 330KV Switching Station In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.